Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The fraus I work with...

The fraus I work with started a Facebook group and invited about 5-6 people in our department to join. They do nothing but trash talk about the 1 straight boy in our group who is being groomed for our bosses job.

It's a total HR train wreck, yet I can stop reading it.

What are some of the amusing things the fraus you work with do besides organize potlucks?

by Anonymousreply 3407/21/2014

Embrace your fraudom, OP!

by Anonymousreply 102/28/2013

link, please, op/

by Anonymousreply 202/28/2013

Can't post a link since it's a private group.

by Anonymousreply 302/28/2013

You mean apart from peddling girl scout cookies for every daughter, niece, granddaughter, neighbor's kid they have? We've got Mary Kay salespeople, a group of knitters and crochet hookers, the Diet Girls who weigh their lettuce on a scale and then go home and polish off a tub of chocolate mousse in their bathroom, a clutch of whiny, post-menopausal dingbats with hair trigger tempers, and then there's the medicated ones, the Bipolar Buddy club. I, of course, am the only sane one here.

by Anonymousreply 402/28/2013

All they have to do is piss somebody off in the group and it all goes public.

by Anonymousreply 502/28/2013

Oh, PLEASE cut and paste some of the tittle-tattle. Leave off the names if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 602/28/2013

I don't mind Girl Scout cookies, but I'm annoyed when people sell everything under the sun: wrapping paper, holiday cards, magazine subscriptions, cookware, kitchen gadgets, energy drinks and vitamin supplements, Avon... Most people are cool about it and just leave the catalogs out, but there's always someone who has a strong expectation that you should buy.

by Anonymousreply 702/28/2013

I work with a lot of young fraulein in my brokerage house. You know the type...entitled, spoiled little cunts in their mid-20s who've had everything handed to them and who think they're the center of the universe. They're all looking to hook up with a hot guy or bag a wealthy husband. They all think they're hotter than they really are. They all smoke and go out drinking a lot. These little tramps will have a rude awakening when they hit their 30s.

by Anonymousreply 802/28/2013

Fraus are not in their mid-20s, R8.

Get with program. Start a general women-hating thread if you must.

by Anonymousreply 902/28/2013

There is this one frau at my work who I can't stand. She goes from desk to desk trying to make phony conversation with everyone as if she's oh so sweet, but every conversation turns into her talking about her kids. I'm so tired of it and her fake niceness. Just leave me the fuck alone. Better yet, STFU and do some work.

by Anonymousreply 1007/20/2014

Older, sweet (to your face) country lady who only pushed her collection of porcelain hens and roosters aside to keep detailed records of her supervisor's comings and goings.

Older, sweet (to your face) "administrative assistant" who manages to push most of her work off onto others, then complains about not having anything to do.

I, though male, am the frau of my hallway, so file me under "whiny, post-menopausal dingbats with hair trigger tempers."

by Anonymousreply 1207/20/2014

[quote]Fraus are not in their mid-20s, [R8].

If they're married and have kids they are.

by Anonymousreply 1307/20/2014

I would say the younger ones have "fraubies", a form of domestic rabies, as they are hell-bent on establishing their new identity.

by Anonymousreply 1407/20/2014

[R4] hit the nail right on the head!

by Anonymousreply 1507/20/2014

[quote]I don't mind Girl Scout cookies

I do. They are filled with crap: just sugar, fat, salt, and fake flavors.

It also offends me that I should be subjected to this crap at work.

by Anonymousreply 1607/20/2014

I worship Girl Scout cookies.

by Anonymousreply 1707/20/2014

I'm glad I work in a profitable startup where the average age is probably 30. Can't imagine working with all these horrible sounding 40-50 year old women

by Anonymousreply 1907/20/2014

R19, I bet those women would vomit at the thought of working with you.

by Anonymousreply 2007/20/2014

I agree with R9 - Fraus are a certain type of woman - not every woman is a frau. Younger women do not generally come in the frau version.

by Anonymousreply 2107/20/2014

[quote]Can't imagine working with all these horrible sounding 40-50 year old women

It's the worst. The old broads in my office are constantly in a power struggle. They go from being fake nice to each other one day, to having huge showdowns with HR.

by Anonymousreply 2207/20/2014

R20 = frau

by Anonymousreply 2307/20/2014

I work with a bunch of older women, none of them are unpleasant people at work. There are a couple of grumpy older guys but they are sick with cancer and heart disease.

by Anonymousreply 2407/20/2014

Doesn't constant complaining about 'fraus' kind of drop to down to their level?

by Anonymousreply 2507/20/2014

by Anonymousreply 2707/20/2014

Fraus are the type of women who wear holiday themed sweaters and earrings and are constantly shopping candy bars to fundraise their local church's ceiling rebuild.

by Anonymousreply 2807/21/2014

I don't know, I read threads like this one and it is always jolting for me. I am a 48 year old woman who has never had kids,was only married for 6 years in my mid 20's to early 30's, and suffers from bi-polar depression. I have been self-employed my entire life and every person who has bullied me has been a frau or a lesbian. I don't belong anywhere.

Datalounge is the only message board that I follow regularly. I have been reading it since 2002.

by Anonymousreply 3007/21/2014

R30, I'm sorry that people bullied you. I am self-employed and am very glad to not have any co-workers or bosses to deal with. I don't like drama and regular workplaces are full of it. I thank my lucky stars every day that I can work in peace.

by Anonymousreply 3107/21/2014

It's complicated, R30, but the bottom line is you can't take any of this shit you see on DL seriously. The regulars here tend to be disaffected -- they bitch about women, people of color, trans persons, fat people, poor people, etc.

And they're doing it because they don't feel like they belong anywhere, so they want to create a space where they exclude everyone else, too. It can be toxic but it's also understandable in a way.

by Anonymousreply 3207/21/2014

You are reminding me of why I'm glad I never have to work in an office setting again. Sick of frau jealousy, backbiting, gossip, refusal to do their share of the work, and yes, selling at work is the worst of it all.

by Anonymousreply 3307/21/2014

Women in the workplace have slowly but surely destroyed all western economies

by Anonymousreply 3407/21/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!