Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Moral Advice

In between the end of Undergrad 2.0 in December and when I start med school in August, aside from blocking out time to find an apartment and move, I have been a gentleman of leisure. I've been looking for temp work because I'm bored, but the pickings have been mighty slim.

I landed an interview with a place that is hiring for a full-time position, but they don't know that I would be leaving in June or July at the latest. If it wasn't me in this situation, I'd probably counsel the person to try for the job, draw a paycheck, and take a little from corporate America. But I'm me, and I feel really uneasy about it. There's also the fact that, as calm and rational as I try to be, there are things that I can be really superstitious about, and this just seems like I'm setting myself up for a massive dose of negative karma.

Go ahead and be bitchy, I deserve it.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1902/28/2013

I have been working for the same company for 17 years. While I am treated, and paid, extremely well I know I am nothing but a disposable pawn. Take the job, work hard, and fuck off when the time comes secure in the knowledge they would terminate you in a split second if they needed to.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 102/28/2013

Why?

Corporate America has no qualms about tossing workers aside at the drop of a hat. Why shouldn't employees have the same attitude?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 202/28/2013

From your post it doesn't sound like you need the money. If that's the case, and you can afford not to work, then don't do it.

If you do need the money, just be aware that you will probably tick them off when you leave and shouldn't count on using anyone there as a reference.

Does this company have anything to do with the medical field? If so, then you should be even more cautious.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 302/28/2013

[quote]Does this company have anything to do with the medical field? If so, then you should be even more cautious.

They do health-insurance related things, yes.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 402/28/2013

Listen to yourself, OP.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 502/28/2013

I would say dont take the job and let them give it to someone who really needs it.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 602/28/2013

Perhaps you should look for a voluntary position.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 702/28/2013

Take the damn job, work hard and learn something then quit.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 802/28/2013

I'm so sick of this self-absorbed, navel-gazing twat.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 902/28/2013

Who do you think you are, The Pope?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1002/28/2013

There is no karma. There is no God.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1102/28/2013

When I was in your shoes, I took the job. OTOH, I was desperate for money.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1202/28/2013

I'm not desperate for money, but it wouldn't hurt to have some extra scratch before we move.

I'm sorry if my navel-gazing offends you, I really don't know what to do.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1302/28/2013

With unemployment so high, I could never do that and deprive someone else of a job if I didn't need the money. But that's me.

You could try being honest with them and tell them your plans, maybe they'll hire you as a temp while they keep looking.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1402/28/2013

Just what the works needs...another doctor who doesn't know what to do.

You have no problem living off if student loans, so why all the sudden are you claiming to have a conscience?

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1502/28/2013

Who knows? Maybe your med school will find out your a lying SOB and then say, "We have enough of them already!" when that happens, you'll have a job!!

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1602/28/2013

Agreed, R9.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1702/28/2013

If you can't seem to make an ethical choice this simple, how are you ever going to manage when it's life and death?

You're already probably too old to actually change what kind of person you are, but you can still make decisions based on ethics you aspire to. Are you going to be a man who's honest in all your dealings or not? If not, stop whining about it.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1802/28/2013

OP sounds like a real piece of work. What a fucking loser.

by The Voice of the Nightreply 1902/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.