Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anderson Cooper: Leave Anne Hathaway Alone!

He’s always ready with an encouraging word, and Anderson Cooper has taken up for Anne Hathaway in the wake of some Oscar speech criticism.

The “Anderson Today” host blasted haters for giving the “Get Smart” gal grief over her Best Supporting Actress acceptance speech at the 85th Academy Awards last weekend.

Cooper declared, "In our morning meeting today, we were talking about this and the level of hatred people have towards Anne Hathaway; I had no idea. She seems like a perfectly lovely person.”

“I don't understand. She's incredibly talented, she seems like a lovely person, I think she's been through a lot. People have all these judgments about her; they don't know what she's really like… It upset me, because so many of the people on my staff today were like, 'Ugh, that speech she gave at the Oscars, it was so perfect.'"

"First of all, you know what a bad speech at the Oscars is? Everybody else's speech—when they are like, 'I want to thank my Uncle Mordecai, my agent, my management team.' That's a bad speech. She got up there, she made eye contact, she remembered people's names without reading it. I mean, give her a break," he added.

"The amount of pressure she must feel knowing all these people hate her—give her a break; she seems like a lovely young person. Again, people form all these opinions on people based on nothing. You have no actual evidence."

by Anonymousreply 1703/01/2013

This is kind of a datalounge Worlds Colliding thread.

by Anonymousreply 102/28/2013

But Anderson, Anne DID thank everyone under the sun, including her "team". Sure it's just jealousy, but her opening scripted remark, "Oh! It happened!" was eye-rolling, and I actually like her.

by Anonymousreply 202/28/2013

AC is such an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 302/28/2013

She's boring, and ordinary. And she flashes her cunt.

by Anonymousreply 402/28/2013

It was whimpery "It came true."

So Anderson is now part of the PR/Industrial complex?

by Anonymousreply 502/28/2013

True R1!

by Anonymousreply 602/28/2013

Maybe it's already been posted but here's an interesting New Yorker article on why Anne rubs people the wrong way - she's too happy?

by Anonymousreply 702/28/2013

She's such a phoney. She must've been the only person on the planet who didn't know she would win. And even if that was the case, why was it, after all the other awards and praise she received, why did there have to more? Like none of it meant anything unless it culminated in an Oscar.

That's what's so annoying about her.

by Anonymousreply 802/28/2013

I wonder how actors feel about receiving the awards when, in some cases, the victories aren't about performances but rather which studio mounts the best campaign. Surely, they have a little bit of insight about this?

by Anonymousreply 902/28/2013

Anderson doesn't have enough capital to MAKE people like Anne Hathaway. I hope his studio audience booed him.

by Anonymousreply 1002/28/2013

Julie Andrews said she kept her Oscar in the attic, because she felt it wasn't for the best performance of the year.

by Anonymousreply 1102/28/2013

She's a never ending toothpaste commercial.

by Anonymousreply 1202/28/2013

Gee and people accused me of being the only Hathaway hater

by Anonymousreply 1302/28/2013

He's a cunt so of course he'd defend an ally.

by Anonymousreply 1402/28/2013

Be a newsman, Anderson!

by Anonymousreply 1502/28/2013

[quote]the “Get Smart” gal

I don't think there's another person in the world who would think of AnnE as "the 'Get Smart' gal."

by Anonymousreply 1602/28/2013

I agree with the article linked by r7. For the record, I have been a fan of Anne's since her days on "Get Real" and am happy to see her win an Oscar. Looking forward to the DL meltdown when Anne wins in the Best Actress category!

by Anonymousreply 1703/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!