Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oscar Winner Jennifer Lawrence Smokes Weed, Hugs Female Friend

Scandal!

by Anonymousreply 8003/08/2014

bump

by Anonymousreply 102/28/2013

I know it's becoming fashionable to hate her, but I just don't.

by Anonymousreply 202/28/2013

So she's a stoner lesbian? Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 302/28/2013

I hope now that pot is legal in Washington state and others that we can stop having to read headlines every time someone is photographed with a joint.

by Anonymousreply 402/28/2013

Good grief are they going to photograph her every single day? Welcome to the sharks.

by Anonymousreply 502/28/2013

I don't get why people hate her. She's down to earth, not anorexic and very talented.

by Anonymousreply 602/28/2013

News at 11.

She looks good here, really good.

by Anonymousreply 702/28/2013

I don't hate her but I would suggest that she do her drugs in private. The paparazzi are on her like a fungus.

by Anonymousreply 802/28/2013

I don't think people hate her at all. She seems popular compared to AnnE.

by Anonymousreply 902/28/2013

The backlash will be brutal.

by Anonymousreply 1002/28/2013

The comments on the Daily Mail site are ridiculous. One suggesting if she "swings the other way' that her career is now finished and Dior drops her! And again with the blue dress falling apart when it had already been explained that it was a two piece dress that she had raised at the wrong place when she got up from her seat! That is an old story. However, given the fact that the press is ruthless, smoking weed outside may not be a good move.

by Anonymousreply 1103/01/2013

I don't care much about her one way or the other, but it's pathetic that this is considered "scandalous" by anyone just because she's a public figure. She's an adult. Not to mention, those pictures were taken of her on what was obviously a PRIVATE balcony. Yes, she could have been smarter about it and stayed inside to smoke her weed since she's famous and should know what (some) people would say about it, but does that really excuse the overbearing intrusiveness of some scumbag pap photographer?

by Anonymousreply 1203/01/2013

She's 22, I would think she was weird if she weren't smoking weed.

by Anonymousreply 1303/01/2013

What scandal, Harpie Marx?

by Anonymousreply 1403/01/2013

[quote]but I would suggest that she do her drugs in private.

Weed is not crack, hon.

by Anonymousreply 1503/01/2013

I would hate to be a celebrity in the 24/7 news cycle. No privacy. Photos sold to web tabloids every hour for money.

by Anonymousreply 1603/01/2013

I smoked years ago when the THC level was much lower and it used to fuck me up. I can't imagine how these skinny girls today can smoke a blunt and not fall on their asses.

by Anonymousreply 1703/01/2013

Is marijuana legal in Hawaii? I am concerned about the fuzz.

by Anonymousreply 1803/01/2013

I like her.

by Anonymousreply 1903/01/2013

And this comes as a surprise to someone? I mean, come on.

by Anonymousreply 2003/01/2013

She is the most "real" celeb of her age that we have had in a long time. That does not mean she will "last" or that she is a true star. But her antics are currently enjoyable. I have known a hundred Jennifer Lawrences in my life. Probably more. Used to run around with girls like her. Funny, "don't give a fuck" girls who do and say what they want. And don't take any bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 2103/01/2013

I think she's a trashy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2203/01/2013

I'd like to point out to everyone here who dislikes her that Kristen Stewart probably HATES this girl more than anyone on the planet.

She's the star of an up-and-coming rival franchise, pulls off the "Fuck it, I'm too regular for this" persona with ease while KStew just comes across as an ungrateful cunt, AND already has one Oscar and two nominations under her belt while KStew has never even been nominated once for any major award. Plus the majority of JL's fan base is most likely made up of sane people and not those mouth breathing Twitards who the Twilight stars themselves clearly despise and consider beneath them.

I'm no Fiona Fangurl of JL's, but I would think that the venom KStew must have for this girl would on its own be enough to earn her more of a free pass around here.

by Anonymousreply 2303/01/2013

Stop trying take the JL -KS feud happen, R23

by Anonymousreply 2403/01/2013

Is she related to Joss Stone?

They look very much alike

by Anonymousreply 2503/01/2013

Pot smoking is a positive in my book, but bearding for Cooper is a bigger negative. She doesn't have to out him of course, but going out of her way to protect his closet makes me think she's a phobe.

by Anonymousreply 2603/01/2013

total dyke.

by Anonymousreply 2703/01/2013

Anyone recognise the friend?

by Anonymousreply 2803/01/2013

Ah she smokes a lot of weed...that explains her girth....Those munchies can really plump a girl up.

by Anonymousreply 3003/01/2013

You're creepy r29.

by Anonymousreply 3103/01/2013

[quote]Pot smoking is a positive in my book, but bearding for Cooper is a bigger negative. She doesn't have to out him of course, but going out of her way to protect his closet makes me think she's a phobe.

She's not dating Cooper and has said so many times. What do you want her to do? Announce he's gay on national TV?

by Anonymousreply 3203/01/2013

How many people have never smoked weed?

How many people have never hugged a female friend?

Next!

by Anonymousreply 3303/01/2013

WTF would anyone who doesn't know her "hate" her, R2? Does she bathe in the blood of puppies?

by Anonymousreply 3503/01/2013

Jennifer's face is so PLAIN. Why is she considered such a beautiful woman?

by Anonymousreply 3603/01/2013

"Pot is the gateway drug?" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I smoked a ton of it in college, graduated summa cum laude, never touched anything "stronger" and had the best times of my life stoned and doing hilarious and fun things. It's a recreational drug, no worse (and probably better) for the body than alcohol. Everything in moderation.

Prissy prigs who turn their noses up to pot are, were, and always will be so annoying. You don't have to smoke it but it to throw "attitude" about it makes you a socially retarded cliche.

by Anonymousreply 3703/01/2013

[quote]"Pot is the gateway drug?"

Wow, I thought people stopped believing that bullshit in the 80's. Ok, Nancy Reagan.

R23 has a point regarding Kristen Stewart vs. Jennifer Lawrence. That's just how Hollywood works. Discard the old, in with the new. Everybody is disposable. Just like Emma Stone is the new, better version of Lindsay Lohan, Jennifer Lawrence is the more talented, likable Kristen Stewart. Now that Twilight has ended, Hollywood has no need of Kristen and her dirty, sullen, persona and her expressionless 'acting.'

It's just bad luck that Kristen Stewart won a Razzie award on the same day Jennifer won her Oscar. The disparity couldn't be more apparent.

by Anonymousreply 3803/01/2013

[quote]while KStew has never even been nominated once for any major award.

To be fair, she's been up for a number of Razzies.

I like Jennifer Lawrence. She looks like she's kicking back and having fun here. She seems comfortable in her own skin, and she doesn't have an eating disorder. Young girls have many far worse role models.

by Anonymousreply 3903/01/2013

R37, yes.. it is a gateway drug, good for you that you managed to stay away from the harder drugs. I'm not saying it's the same for everyone, but yes.. it is a risk if you start smoking pot. I've read countless of interviews with heroin addicts saying they started out smoking pot.

I'm not even against pot. I'm pro legalization. Do whatever you feel like. I'm just saying it's not for me, please respect that.

by Anonymousreply 4003/01/2013

"it is a risk if you start smoking pot. I've read countless of interviews with heroin addicts saying they started out smoking pot."

Sure, most heroin addicts smoked pot before they did heroin.

Here's a list of other things they did before they did heroin:

drank beer drank coffee drank milk made out at a party bought their first record or c.d. jacked off saw a PG-13 rated movie bought their mom a mother's day card chewed gum jogged taken aspirin

And it's now been shown that 100% of heroin addicts ate food and slept before they began taking heroin.

Meanwhile, most people who have done any of these things, including smoke pot, have not gone on to heroin.

by Anonymousreply 4103/01/2013

Attention EVERYONE!

R40 has asked that we respect his/her boundaries. Please do so.

by Anonymousreply 4203/01/2013

R26 Since when is she bearding for Bradley Cooper? They are not dating and have only been photographed together at awards shows where they are both present, not together.

by Anonymousreply 4303/01/2013

r43, you must've missed the other recent thread where she has announced she's setting him up with dates with her friends. They've worked together a lot and the bitch knows full well he's a 'mo.

by Anonymousreply 4403/01/2013

SCANDALAMITY!

by Anonymousreply 4503/01/2013

[quote]you must've missed the other recent thread where she has announced she's setting him up with dates with her friends. They've worked together a lot and the bitch knows full well he's a 'mo.

Well, she never said which gender she wanted to set him up with, now did she?

by Anonymousreply 4603/01/2013

I like her. I wish it was AnnE who fell before receiving her Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 4703/01/2013

Can you graduate summa cum laude without using commas properly? That's the true scandal here.

by Anonymousreply 4803/01/2013

R40, the ONLY reason pot might be called a "gateway drug" is that it's only available from a drug dealer. A person whose job it is to sell you other drugs. When kids who aren't pussies such as yourself, try smoking weed and none of the horror stories and propaganda that you fell for DON'T happen, they're inclined to try other drugs.

by Anonymousreply 4903/01/2013

Her awkwardness is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 5003/01/2013

It's implied they're all female r46, and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 5103/01/2013

And again, what exactly would you have her do? Out Bradley Cooper?

She's an actress. She has the play the PR game. If Bradley is closeted, that's his problem, not hers.

by Anonymousreply 5203/01/2013

I was thinking they caught her outside an Oscar party or something, which would be a little trashy. But if you can't smoke pot on a balcony in Hawaii when you're on vacation, when can you smoke it?

by Anonymousreply 5303/01/2013

Pot is a gateway drug? LMFAO!!!!! That was government propaganda that was debunked decades ago. I can't believe how stupid people are.

Pot is no worse than smoking cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 5403/01/2013

R54, There's actually evidence that there are benefits to smoking pot. THC shrinks tumors.

by Anonymousreply 5503/01/2013

It looks like Jennifer is kind of outing Bradley Cooper.

Per this headline: Jennifer Lawrence: Mag Made Me Choose Between Bradley Cooper and Sam Claflin for Fake Romance Rumor

The 22-year-old actress revealed to MTV on the Oscars red carpet last Sunday, that she “got” to choose whether a story would run linking her to her “Silver Linings Playbook” costar Bradley Cooper or her “Catching Fire” costar Sam Claflin.

“I chose Bradley Cooper because I love Sam’s fiancé so much,” “The Hunger Games” star revealed.

But don’t mistake those fictional reports for real life, because Lawrence once again said there is nothing romantic going on between her and Cooper, 38.

“He’s my brother,” she said, playfully adding: “I feel like all I’ve been doing lately is setting him up.”

by Anonymousreply 5603/01/2013

Some obese 40-something made a Facebook profile pretending to be her, and she has tons of fans who believe it.

PATHETIC. But hilarious that her FB friends think they are talking to the real Jennifer Lawrence. Some of the posts from fans are pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 5703/01/2013

Totally gay.

by Anonymousreply 5803/01/2013

The answer is NEVER, R53!

by Anonymousreply 5903/01/2013

If she were with that girl romantically, they probably would have kissed at some point. Hell, even if they had kissed...they were both fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 6003/01/2013

She doesn't ping to me.

by Anonymousreply 6103/01/2013

Why do people feel the need to hold joints upside down like that? Just hold the damn thing like you would any other cigarette! This just screams "LOOK I"M A POTHEAD!" - then again maybe she wanted to get 'caught'?

by Anonymousreply 6203/01/2013

[quote]Why do people feel the need to hold joints upside down like that?

I have always wondered the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 6303/01/2013

[quote] Pot is still a drug, and there's a reason they call it the gateway drug. Most heroin addicts start with pot and pot is known to kill braincells.

Oh, look we have a substance abuse epidemiologist. I'm sure you could follow up with a link for the claim that "most" heroin addicts start with pot. Why cannabinoid to opioid?

Considering the availability, ease of procurement, and pervasive use of alcohol in our society, one would think that ETOH might the most common "gateway" substance. Occam's razor. But you knew this already, right?

by Anonymousreply 6403/01/2013

Pot can be abused like anything else. It can also be enjoy recreationally- like alcohol.

Take in moderation. It's not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 6503/01/2013

[quote]"it is a risk if you start smoking pot. I've read countless of interviews with heroin addicts saying they started out smoking pot."

For Miss Epidemiologist. These are known as case studies which only tell you about particular individuals or a small subset, not the disease process as a whole in the population of heroin addicts. Did you read all of the other countless interviews with heroin addicts who didn't start out smoking pot? Were you even looking for them?

The evidence simply hasn't held up in the [italic]research[/italic] literature across the years.

by Anonymousreply 6603/01/2013

[quote]pot is known to kill braincells.

No, it is not.

by Anonymousreply 6703/01/2013

Shit, I actually like her now more than ever (although Emanuelle Riva deserved that Oscar). By all accounts, Jennifer is totally chill and unpretentious. She may come across as obnoxious every now and then, but I'll chalk that up to youth.

Meanwhile, Anne Hathaway is still a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6803/01/2013

I am kind of impressed she enjoys a good bottle of wine at her young age.

by Anonymousreply 6903/01/2013

[quote]No, it is not.

That's why all the heavy pot smokers are so not slow, right? LOL. Just google it, it's really not that hard. But if you want to kill braincells and become dumb, who am I to stop you? Do whatever you feel like, it's your body and your brain. If you want to poison it, fine. I'm even pro legalization. I have never tried it though, I've never seen the point. I really don't feel like trying it either. It's not for me, but if other people like it.. why the hell not? I mean, do whatever you feel like.

by Anonymousreply 7003/01/2013

R67.. here you go :)

by Anonymousreply 7103/01/2013

"She may come across as obnoxious every now and then, but I'll chalk that up to youth."

Since when is twenty two still youth? She's old enough to take accountability for her behavior.

"Meanwhile, Anne Hathaway is still a cunt."

Anne has never taken the opportunity to blast fellow actresses in public.

by Anonymousreply 7203/01/2013

[quote]Researchers found that the hippocampus, which is thought to regulate memory, was an average of 12% smaller among marijuana users, compared with people who didn't smoke pot. The amygdala, involved in emotion and memory, was an average of 7% smaller.

You do understand that this is correlational research, right? Respondents reported heavy marijuana use over several years. They were given scans that determined the size of these structures compared to non-smokers. This does not determine causation. The rival competing hypothesis, of course, is that the smokers may have had smaller structures to begin with. And, do you know if the size actually has anything to do with the loss of cells? As opposed to some other structural issues?

You cannot claim a direct causal link from THC to shrinkage or "dead brain cells." You need longitudinal, prospective studies to see if they reduce over time determine the causation.

Here's a little info. page from an addictions site that outright says in bold. marijuana DOES NOT kill brain cells. Rahter, it appears that memory issues, and perhaps motivational issues, are mediated by neurotransmitter changes, which may be reversible.

by Anonymousreply 7303/01/2013

[quote]She has always been considered as ditzy and sweet. I'm glad that image is now falling apart.

One can be "ditzy and sweet" and smoke pot. They're not mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 7403/01/2013

I want to know why in the hell when you come across a mouse in your garage the stupid ass thing runs right towards you. Thats bullshit

by Anonymousreply 7503/01/2013

[quote]That's why all the heavy pot smokers are so not slow, right? LOL. Just google it, it's really not that hard.

Or you could also Google research that finds beneficial aspects of marijuana. I've smoked weed a total of maybe 5 times in my life, the last of which was probably in 1988, so it doesn't really matter to me. But if I end up moving to a state in which it's legal, I might take it up. ;)

by Anonymousreply 7603/01/2013

Some people's lives are ruined by pot. Some people's lives are enhanced, and everything in between. It affects different people in different ways. It's absurd to argue like an asshole for either end of the spectrum if you're leery of scientific experiments.

by Anonymousreply 7703/01/2013

My life has been enhanced by cocaine and heroin. Can't remember if I've tried meth yet. Probably st some point.

by Anonymousreply 7803/02/2013

Still hot

by Anonymousreply 7903/02/2013

Jennifer's best friend talks about their Oscar experience.

by Anonymousreply 8003/08/2014
Need more help? Click Here.