Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why are women less likely to be wealthy and powerful than men?

I've noticed that. As a woman, myself, I have to ask why are we treated as lessers to men? In today's day and age, brains are valued over brawns. We are every bit as intelligent as a man, so why are we not as wealthy and as powerful as them? It's mostly men who have the power in society. I just keep wondering about that. I heard that in certain states, women even get paid less than a man when doing the same job.

by Anonymousreply 1102/28/2013

Because men want power and money to buy primo pussy.

by Anonymousreply 102/28/2013

Um, assume you're speaking generally, right?

There are a lot of rich and powerful women out there. Some inherited, like the Wal-mart heirs, and some, like Oprah, invented a brand and turned it into gold.

by Anonymousreply 202/28/2013

"Oprah, invented a brand and turned it into gold."

Oprah*

Live the dream.

Feed your spirit.

Fly...

Available at fine stores everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 402/28/2013

Men crave power and women crave love. There are a million exceptions of course, but by and large, men crave power and women crave love.

by Anonymousreply 502/28/2013

R6 Straight from the Lord's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 702/28/2013

Wrong R6. I'll tell you why. For thousands of years the human animal lived in the bush where brawn was more important than brains, and survival depended on it, hence men had the power. For another couple of thousand years brawn was still king because societies needed physical protection from one another. Only in the past 100 years or so have brains been more valuable than brawn for survival.

Women are playing catch up and it's gonna take a long ass time to catch up.

by Anonymousreply 802/28/2013

R1 nailed it, however crudely. It's all about attracting a mate. Power and wealth make a man attractive. But power and wealth does nothing to make a woman attractive, so she doesn't crave it.

by Anonymousreply 902/28/2013

It's because human societies have thus far tended towards patriarchy which places women in a subordinate role and characterises them with the qualities that justify that subordinate role (nurturing, emotional, and similar such bullshit). The fact is, there are women out there who could kick many a man's ass, but they're seen as aberrations from how women should be. Men and women are inculcated with values that ensure the reproduction of our patriarchal society, hence girls are told being pretty supporters of a powerful male is their ultimate goal in life.

by Anonymousreply 1002/28/2013

OP, is English your second language? Otherwise, maybe it's your poor grammar holding you back, not your gender.

by Anonymousreply 1102/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.