Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Increased testosterone associated with sluttiness and whoredom?

Has anyone noticed this? The more masculine a man is, the more likely he is to cheat. While the more "feminine" a man is, the less likely he is to cheat.

Simple genetics.

by Anonymousreply 2703/01/2013

True, OP. Higher T is associated with a stronger libido.

by Anonymousreply 102/27/2013

Is there really an inverse relationship between effeminacy and testosterone?

by Anonymousreply 202/27/2013

Please describe what this means to you: "more masculine."

by Anonymousreply 302/27/2013

Actually, it has more to do with personality traits than with physiological traits.

The more narcissistic a man is, the more likely he is to be promiscuous.

by Anonymousreply 402/27/2013

Higher T gives a guy rougher skin, a thicker beard, more pronounced jaw line and brow (essentially a more masculine looking face), deeper voice, and increased body hair.

by Anonymousreply 502/27/2013

And less hair on the head.

by Anonymousreply 602/27/2013

If I start taking testosterone, R5, my jawline will change?

by Anonymousreply 702/27/2013

probably, a bit at least.

by Anonymousreply 802/27/2013

So a patchy or wispy beard would be a sign of low T to you, r5?

Are you being facetious?

by Anonymousreply 902/27/2013

No, r9. Guys with increased T levels have a thicker, rougher beard/5 o'cock shadow. If you have a lighter beard with whiskers that aren't rough, it just means you don't have elevated levels, not that that they're below normal.

by Anonymousreply 1002/27/2013

So are you saying, OP, that cheating and sluttiness are signs of manliness?

by Anonymousreply 1102/28/2013

The guy on the left has higher T than the guy on the left. You can see the differences. The guy on the left has a more pronounced brow and jaw line. The guy on the right has a softer look. Personally, I find the guy on the left much more attractive...classically handsome.

by Anonymousreply 1202/28/2013

meant to write that the guy on the left has higher T than the guy on the right.

by Anonymousreply 1302/28/2013

I think you're nuts, r12.

by Anonymousreply 1402/28/2013

r14, those are composite pics taken from an article that mentions differences in facial features resulting from different T levels. I'm not making this up. There's science behind it.

by Anonymousreply 1502/28/2013

R12 So they're the same guy, with the picture on the left having been taken after administering T? How long does this process take?

by Anonymousreply 1602/28/2013

The article states that women prefer men who don't cheat, I.e., have lower T.

If this hypothesis holds that over time, then those with high T would be bred out of the population, correct, since women would prefer the presumed fidelity offered by man with lower T.

by Anonymousreply 1702/28/2013

This is bullshit. T levels do not generally conform to commonly held beliefs of what is masculine or feminine.

by Anonymousreply 1802/28/2013

Men have peak testosterone levels at 18 years old. At that age, a great many men are more boyish, prettier and often seen as more "feminine" than they are as they mature they become more "manly" Yet as they mature they have less testosterone.

It's a matrix. Baldness is increased by testosterone but of course happens for the great majority of men as they age and have less of it.

by Anonymousreply 1902/28/2013

There are no easy rules about this.

Certainly having a hairy body is not considered "feminine"

Certainly men are much more likely to have increased body hair as they age.

And certainly as men age they have decreased testosterone.

So you can't have it both ways.

You can't argue that squarer jaws are not considered "feminine" without also accepting that hairy bodies are not considered "feminine" You can't argue that testosterone corresponds to masculinity when certain traits which are clearly the province of men only (or virtually so) become much more common in men as they age, and concurrently, lose testosterone.

by Anonymousreply 2002/28/2013

I've know masculine men who were very monogamous minded and I've known feminine men who were tramps. I think the common denominator for what makes a person promiscuous is their self image. If one has a poor self image or inferiority complex they may be more prone to sleeping around because it gives them some sort of validation. Of course, it's just as likely that a person who has lots of sex is someone who simply enjoys having sex a lot.

by Anonymousreply 2102/28/2013

I agree with R21.

Beyond that--Most of us have known women who were promiscuous, so the testosterone argument falls apart there.

by Anonymousreply 2202/28/2013

I don't think anyone'e saying that high testosterone is the only factor contributing to a high sex drive.

by Anonymousreply 2302/28/2013

Masculine men have more opportunity to cheat because they are more desired.

However, if he is too "masculine" (Neanderthal-looking, etc.) it will have the opposite effect.

by Anonymousreply 2402/28/2013

"Beyond that--Most of us have known women who were promiscuous, so the testosterone argument falls apart there."

But women do have testosterone. They just have much less of it, on average, than men do.

"Masculine men have more opportunity to cheat because they are more desired."

Beautiful women have more opportunities to cheat because they are more desired...but a recent study showed that beautiful women are not more likely to cheat than average looking women.

by Anonymousreply 2502/28/2013

R25, Women do have much less of it, which, in cases of the loosey goosey, would contradict the claim that high levels of testosterone drive sexual activity.

by Anonymousreply 2603/01/2013

"Women do have much less of it, which, in cases of the loosey goosey, would contradict the claim that high levels of testosterone drive sexual activity."

Well, you could argue that the more promiscuous women are the ones who have higher testosterone levels than the average woman...

by Anonymousreply 2703/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.