Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It's "Midway to Michfest" time!

Over on the Michfest boards, womyn in cities around the country are planning "Midway to Michfest" parties to tide them over until they are called back to the Land this summer!

Meanwhile, newbie "Panda" has a question:

[quote]My friend is flying in to michfest this year. can she rent a scooter to ride around Ina's she is differently abled? Also can she use her CPAP machine in the community DART tent? Is there distiller water available for her machine?

While we have addressed the question of scooters on the Land and CPAP outlets in the DART tent (first come, first served), the presence of distilled water has not been addressed to my knowledge.

Will additional rules and regulations be necessary?

by Anonymousreply 59802/28/2014

It is too early in the year for threads that wound, OP.

I have stated my boundaries, yada yada yada yada.

by Anonymousreply 102/27/2013

Jesus Christ, it's like a fest for disabled wimmin.

And who is Ina?

by Anonymousreply 202/27/2013

You sound jealous, R3.

by Anonymousreply 402/27/2013

[quote]can she rent a scooter to ride around Ina's

To ride around my WHAT? I realize I'm a plus-sized lady, but this is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 602/27/2013

The distillation process is waterrape. She will need to use fresh river water as goddess intended.

by Anonymousreply 702/27/2013

[quote]Also can she use her CPAP machine in the community DART tent?

CAN she? A better question would be whether she's allowed to be in the community DART tent without a CPAP machine.

by Anonymousreply 802/27/2013

I thought, if you use a CPAP, you can go for a few nights without it....

by Anonymousreply 902/28/2013

R9, depends how fat you are. The real fatties need it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 1002/28/2013

Will "Amy" be making an appearance this year with her tale of woe so people will buy her a plane ticket, a ride and every other amenity?

I remember her saying last year she meant to pay them back and would, she just didn't have the money.

by Anonymousreply 1102/28/2013

And what about dear Rose?

by Anonymousreply 1202/28/2013

r8 I agree and am thinking that the only way to be differently able at this point is if you are thin and walking and require no oxygen. The DART area will soon take over the whole land..

by Anonymousreply 1302/28/2013

MichFest has become DARTFest.

by Anonymousreply 1403/02/2013

bump for weed, cash and pussy.

by Anonymousreply 1503/08/2013

The CPAP machine must be from approved vendors. We only allow womyn made products. You cannot bring your MANufactured CPAP onto this land!

by Anonymousreply 1603/08/2013

I do wish we had access to Rose's rants.

by Anonymousreply 1703/08/2013

[quote]Squirrels. Death

Can someone please explain this? PLEASE???

by Anonymousreply 1903/08/2013

An enormous concern for this coming year: where to spit after brushing your teeth.

It might be unhealthy for the ferns, you know.

by Anonymousreply 2103/08/2013

The directionally challenged and those with poor night vision are requesting solar lights for the tents in case they get lost.

by Anonymousreply 2203/08/2013

Michfest is the Peace Corp for obese Jewish lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 2303/08/2013

Someone should write to the directionally challenged Stillfire and tell her no problem if you get lost,that it is in fact encouraged to move your tents around and set them up where ever and next to whomever you like. Let's shake shit up this year!

by Anonymousreply 2403/08/2013

Michfest is more like Snoozefest this year. The boards are really gripping..talk of alternatives to sporks, tarping, higher beds and tents abound. One wishy washy chick is saying how since she is a Libra she can't decide which tent to bring, blah, blah. They need to get some new blood on the land because this sounds boring.

by Anonymousreply 2503/08/2013

I second the person who wants an explanation on "squirrels/death."

by Anonymousreply 2603/08/2013

oh lord. Our Denise is posting about her period, in her inimitable style...

ops those dates are my time of the month!!!!!!!!!!!!!! while im still on line let me ask for those of us who still bleed...how many of you have look to see if you fall in time for land time???

last year was my 1st time bleeding on land & sisters the cold rain didnt help my menstrual migraines

Thank the Goddess for imitrex warm blankets &those body wraps that put out heat....

as i lay listening to the rain ...warm though with hurting head & cramps that came & went ...

i listend to the laughter of sisters at their workshifts at treeline... or smell the bacon wafting across the rv camp sites that seem to sooth my aching moments that seem to woop my butt {1 a month)...

laying there, i though of the line can you spare me a dime...as i searched for & found my need for "plugs" was in demand thanks to the cuntree store ,where they had several thngs to pick from...

don't ya just love shoping there t-shirts, jackets, the michigan fever video & so much more & trash bags to keep ya dry when they run out of rain gear.....

saints coffee & donuts always fill a Need when on land i search ,wait & long for those doughnuts all year long...dont' you???

so back to over the paths i go plugs im trying to keep dry i look around the glitter of the rain on the tents & all the wonder land displays just took my pain/breath away....

over the past years when i got off the land less than 50 miles i would start to bleed so as i type this imitrex taken fighting a on coming menstrual migraine made me stop & wonder ...

How many mark the days??? do you over pack with plugs??? or pray that your monthly don't fall on land time....???

now im off to bed .... always now you are loved & ehat you are the ligt unto the world so be bright & shine... denise

by Anonymousreply 2703/08/2013

Whoa r27. Denise is sending out a flare! Do you have a link to her writings?

by Anonymousreply 2803/08/2013

[quote]laying there, i though of the line can you spare me a dime...as i searched for & found my need for "plugs" was in demand thanks to the cuntree store ,where they had several thngs to pick from...

OMG they really do call it the 'Cuntree Store!' Now that is something straight out of Datalounge, but it's actually real! Life imitating art...

by Anonymousreply 2903/08/2013

Nothing worse then being a feminist huh r20!

by Anonymousreply 3003/08/2013

Here is a post from Lunasea:

" In years passed, I've slept alone in a small tent, with a cheap-and-uncomfortable mattress pad. My girlfriend is coming with me this year (YAY!!!)

Should someone tell her that it's not a good idea to bring your gf? Didn't someone write last year that by the time they left they wer not speaking to their gf anymore as she had seen and hooked up with an ex there? If not, I bet it happens all the time. Why cock block yourself?

by Anonymousreply 3103/08/2013

They call tampons plugs? PLUGS?

by Anonymousreply 3203/08/2013

wow, denise. 'bleeding on The Land"...

by Anonymousreply 3303/08/2013

More from Denise:

"i LOVE when i run across videos of land, that takes place off land ....because it shows we are using the land tools that we learn as we look at our breast cast & or beaver we made from the build a beaver work shop...."

Wtf is the build a beaver workshop?

by Anonymousreply 3403/08/2013

Can someone link to the Denise post that r27 posted? I want to see the responses. Does anyone reprimand her for using a phallic "plug" instead of a menstrual cup?

by Anonymousreply 3503/08/2013

[quote]build a beaver workshop

OMG ... this is possibly better than Sara and her vagina cape.

by Anonymousreply 3603/08/2013

I should think Denise's PMS will make her driving spectacularly unpredictable this year. Buy your tickets now!

by Anonymousreply 3703/08/2013

I can see how CPAP machines would be a neccesity on The Land.

by Anonymousreply 3803/08/2013

From the rideshare forum:

"This old Subaru has been put back together after the windows were smashed by a bad man and she needs to heal at Fest '13."

by Anonymousreply 3903/08/2013

I do hope Denise is not assigned to drive Dottie, the shuttle for disabled womyn when she is PMSing.

by Anonymousreply 4003/08/2013

EXPLAIN "SQUIRRELS. DEATH"--PLEASE!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4103/08/2013

r41 The best I can remember is that crazy Rose was suicidal one time and was writing stream of consciousness type crap while she was outside overdosing. She was depressed and looked around and saw squirrels and wrote "squirrels, death.." or something, I read it awhile ago so I could be wrong.

I wonder why Denise and others who are in it for the weed and pussy don't just start taking the pill a few months before fest. If they take it with no breaks they can skip their periods and then just stop taking it off the land.

by Anonymousreply 4203/08/2013

Rose tried to off herself at the Fest?

That reminds me how great it would be to write a series of murder (sorry, murd-her) mysteries set at the fest with the intrepid sleuth who only wears her Daisy Dykes shorts. (The killer will always be a man on the land.)

Murder at MichFest- woman killed by a breast cast to the head.

Murder at Camp Brother Sun- (peanut allergies)

Murder at Night Stage- Sara strangled by her vagina cape

by Anonymousreply 4303/08/2013

R43, did you ever see this thread?

by Anonymousreply 4403/08/2013

I didn't R44 but I guess the parodies just make themselves. :)

by Anonymousreply 4503/08/2013

[quote]Will "Amy" be making an appearance this year with her tale of woe so people will buy her a plane ticket, a ride and every other amenity?

I hope so. Our Amy is an amazing little con artist. Maybe this year she'll bring a crippled dog for a prop.

by Anonymousreply 4603/08/2013

r43 No it was at her house. She was bitching about how many squirrels were on her land and how in her mood, squirrels were death or some nonsense. I am waiting to see posts form Roselu, so far there is only one but it looks like Rose is going.

by Anonymousreply 4703/08/2013

Parties are happening;

Hello Wild Fest Womyn! I am having my annual Michfest Reunion and Recruitment (Potluck) Brunch...

A potluck and a brunch!

by Anonymousreply 4803/08/2013

The board was getting tense last year:

"~ derail---ummmm... I still sitting with the uncertainty and assessing the value to our community and to me, personally. I AM trying to adapt/adhere to the spirit the BB guidelines are intending, without compromising how I move in the world and relate to others. I AM a gemini, after all! We gather and deseminate/cross pollinate information. Bizzy little bees and butterflies. :D

And for what its worth, I have read your personal opinions and perspective carefully, Barbara, and with respect. I don't necessarily agree with you on all points, but that's ok. But for my own integrity I have to be careful not to feel censored, shamed ,coerced or bullied into doing things. I don't imagine that is what you are trying to do, but I had an unsettling feeling with your post above. ~rerail"

I hope it was all worked out!

by Anonymousreply 4903/08/2013

These woman talk bizarre fairy-speak mixed with bad academia talk.

by Anonymousreply 5003/08/2013

Debating the band Pussy Riot (one womon wanted to have them play the fest but was called out by a vigilant reader):

"Pussy Riot is not teens and not even a real band. They are not anti-Putin. They are supported (coerced?) by men.

Remember: 1) The media is mostly men. Men love an excuse to get the word Pussy published. 2) Russia is a bugbear to many readers. 3) Western press likes to show how unfree other nations are. 4) Because all of the above are sensational in a way that centrists and "liberals" can feel ok about and outraged about, while buying newspapers and checking the news websites to keep up to date.

Here are several links in this feminist analysis to videos but be warned: some are VERY GRAPHIC and could be triggering! I will not even describe them as some of our readers might find the descriptions too graphic both sexually and violently.

by Anonymousreply 5103/08/2013

Can she explain why Pussy Riot are in jail?

by Anonymousreply 5203/08/2013

Jesus Christ, r51. That's loony even by Michfest's loon standards.

by Anonymousreply 5303/08/2013

[quote]wow, denise. 'bleeding on The Land"...

by: Anonymoustreply 33t03/08/2013 @ 03:19PM

Not just bleeding on the land:

[quote]last year was my 1st time bleeding on land & sisters the cold rain didnt help my menstrual migraines

Bleeding on the land and sisters.

by Anonymousreply 5403/08/2013

From the Guidelines:

" At each stage there is also Chem-OK and Chem-free seating. If you plan to drink alcohol please do not sit in the Chem-free area. We may forget these guidelines, and a gentle reminder is always appreciated."

Gentle, my ass. Also, these fucking rules are getting to be a bit much. Because I would like to enjoy some mildew menses wine I am expected to sit in the chem zone with people who have used soap and insect repellant?

by Anonymousreply 5503/08/2013

And some wimmin are feeling wounded and triggered from the new format for the bulletin board:

"This is my first post on the redesigned 2012 BB. I definitely have some mixed feelings about it, some of which are probably left over from traumatic events in childhood in which reliable, good things were taken away inexplicibly and I had to just deal with it."

by Anonymousreply 5603/08/2013

The Michfest thread seemed to fizzle last year. We're just past the halfway point now and this is better shit than we had all last year as I recall it.

by Anonymousreply 5703/08/2013

[quote]"This is my first post on the redesigned 2012 BB. I definitely have some mixed feelings about it, some of which are probably left over from traumatic events in childhood in which reliable, good things were taken away inexplicibly and I had to just deal with it."

by Anonymousreply 5803/08/2013

Oh no! A new diagnosis may affect one womon's fest experience:

"We were just talking about my garden last night. I’m dreaming of it already! I was reminded that anything I grow will be gluten-free. (Groan.) Yep. I apparently also have Celiac disease. I know I’m in good company here, both on this thread and also at fest. I’ve been gluten-free for one week and I already feel a lot better. Crazy!! I’m in major denial that I can’t have some of my favorite fest foods anymore. :( :( :( Don’t get me started on nutloaf. Please tell me thats gluten-free???"

by Anonymousreply 5903/08/2013

Last year Denise addressed the Rainbow Bus fiasco and put forth a new dream of getting sisters to rent an RV with her..I hope she makes it happen this year...

"i realize many of you find my bad spelling & wondering thoughts a pain or the "whole scandle" made you question my motives "

by Anonymousreply 6003/09/2013

poor denise. 25 women have read her rant about 'bleeding on the land' and no one has bothered to comment.

by Anonymousreply 6203/09/2013

Denise has a new name for her project, Rainbow Express no more:

"im glad ya ask these questions because there are several things that need to be done in order for this Wimmin On Wheels Project to be rolling down a highway near you..."

by Anonymousreply 6303/09/2013

wimmin on wheels makes me picture them on wheelchairs....

by Anonymousreply 6403/09/2013

Denise is not giving up, she has several posts about her new idea:

im willing to put $700 towards a transportation system... because i was given the gift of land & this is my payback to honor the sisters who helped me find FREEDOM....

Here is a working layout of How You Can Be the WOW in Wimmin On Wheels...

Wimmin On Wheels...is looking for wimmin who looking for more affordale ways to get home each Aug while helping bring more wimmin to land making room for our gear....

a. through several sub projects: we can raise funds to help pay for the transport system & even have the project payed for by July...

b. by networking our travel ticket needs: we can check into buying bulk tickets from a womyn travel agent, for those who need travel on air,train, or bus would get better rates on travel tickets...

c. car/rv rentals... could be set up ahead of time giving wimmin more affordable car/rv rents/rv shares

1 WOW needs wimmin who would like to work on getting to land at a more affordable rate...

and:

Days later: that ....sad Mon morning comes...... when we have to load out ... *not long enough* the beer is drank , bacon is ate

by Anonymousreply 6503/09/2013

PLEASE someone go here and tell us wtf it's about???

by Anonymousreply 6603/09/2013

I just pictured a Michfest version of "Muderball" after R64's comment. There's so much passive-aggression and bottled up rage in some of the wimmin that a nice little foray into masculine pursuits could do them some good.

by Anonymousreply 6703/09/2013

It looks like it's about keeping the MTFs out of Michfest. It has a red banner that says "Respect the Intention". Isn't red what the natural born wimmin wear to state their boundaries regarding trans womyn?

by Anonymousreply 6803/09/2013

OMG I AM SICK OF THEIR BOUNDARIES OBSESSION!!

by Anonymousreply 7003/09/2013

Highlights from the Build a Beaver workshop:

by Anonymousreply 7103/09/2013

Build a Beaver actually sounds like one of the more worthwhile workshops. You can actually take a cute, goofy toy home.

Honestly, I thought it was related to genitalia impressions like the breast casting.

by Anonymousreply 7203/09/2013

I'm be there with my awesome pink ribbon!

by Anonymousreply 7403/09/2013

Do they have support for alcoholic sisterwimmin? Sort of a "Friends of Belinda W?" camping area?

Or would a sisterwomon be allowed into DART since, you know, disability?

by Anonymousreply 7603/09/2013

[quote] wimmin on wheels makes me picture them on wheelchairs....

Rascals!

by Anonymousreply 7703/09/2013

The thing about Rose is, we don't think she ever actually leaves her house. Remember the year she was ordering every home made snack food that could possibly be delivered to her while waiting in line to get in but then, wouldn't you know it, the patriarchal medical system totally screwed up her prescription refills and she was not going to be able to pick up the wimmin she promised rides to along the way and she was doing her best to get it straightened out? Then complete silence.

I just hope the wimmin who made the cookies for her were able to sell them to other festgoers.

by Anonymousreply 7803/09/2013

I hope Mermaid is going to make it this year. We really need a DLer on the land.

by Anonymousreply 7903/09/2013

I second r79.

by Anonymousreply 8003/09/2013

That was Mitt Romney's Magical Underpants who was planning to attend, but her mother passed away and she had to take care of family matters. I haven't seen Mermaid here for years.

by Anonymousreply 8103/09/2013

So happy to see the spork thread not only reached amicable closure, but also inspired a potential woodworking session AND helped a systher make better hormonal challenges.

A penis powered thread would never nurture togetHERness.

by Anonymousreply 8203/09/2013

l

by Anonymousreply 8303/10/2013

-- now 43 people have read denise's menses shoutout and not one has responded.

by Anonymousreply 8403/10/2013

discussion about wbw issue

by Anonymousreply 8503/10/2013

OP, why do they talk the way they do? Is this lesbo talk like there was Valgal speak?

"differently abled"? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 8603/10/2013

I'm curious, was there actually an incident(s) of a cis-woman getting raped by a transgendered woman or transvestite? Why is this such a thing?

This MichFest thread and the Everest thread are my two new obsessions. Two different trainwrecks, worlds apart.

by Anonymousreply 8703/10/2013

No, r87.

by Anonymousreply 8803/10/2013

But r82, herpegrrl just had to ask about plastic in that thread and I bet wishes she never even went on the board now:

"chuckling. . .yep, herpergrrl, that's a loaded question. I had a downstairs neighbor for a year who was studying the hormonal effects of plastics. . .five minutes talking with her about plastics made me realllllly aware of issues with plastics. Plastic is lousy on many different levels, partly that it is a petroleum product, therefore non-renewable. And, it never, ever goes away, it just breaks down into littler pieces. So, when they test ocean fish who have been swallowing little bits of things floating along in the water, they find that the fish have a high percentage of plastic in them. AND, plastics have "estrogenic" effects, mess up hormone levels in people. . .hence, earlier menstruation in girls (like 7-8 year old girls), etc. so. . . plastic is very hard to avoid altogether these days (imagine trying to not do anything with plastic/have any contact with plastic for a week . .. as best I can tell, you'd need to be camping in the woods, not around any buildings/manufactured stuff. And, many folks try to avoid buying/getting plastic as much as they can, especially avoiding using "disposable" stuff that is plastic. . .

so. . .I like the looks of the forkchops, but wouldn't buy them because they are plastic."

by Anonymousreply 8903/10/2013

I was scrolling past and read the title of the thread as "I was a midwife in Midwest" and thought what the fuck.

by Anonymousreply 9003/10/2013

You speak with wisdom, R13. Have you croned yet?

by Anonymousreply 9103/10/2013

I have not yet croned. When I am feeling crony I will want you all to send woo my way.

by Anonymousreply 9203/10/2013

[quote]We only allow womyn made products.

Yes! NO Tom's of Maine; NO Jason Naturals, NO Axe (it wounds); NO Jonathan Product Dirt Texturizing Paste; NO RedKEN products; NO Burt's Bees.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 9303/10/2013

Is it HateRape if I tell Helen Pessary Brooke-Trout to stop stalking me wearing a Wonder Woman costume and a dildo? I told her that's not my scene, but she says my rejection is HateRape.

by Anonymousreply 9403/10/2013

[quote]AND, plastics have "estrogenic" effects, mess up hormone levels in people. . .hence, earlier menstruation in girls (like 7-8 year old girls), etc. so.

That happens due to body-fat stores, not any kind of contamination from plastic.

Also, sisterwommon needs to look into bioplastics.

by Anonymousreply 9503/10/2013

From someone who agrees with the plastic assessment:

"Hi carry small metal fork and spoon in my purse and lunchbag I had a little knife too but it was confiscated. I dislike the plastic spoons and forks ttooo weak not sturdy for soups. I sometimes use a plastic knife to cut up fruit although a metal fork or spoon usually works. At fest it seemss normal to have my own fork and spoon ."

by Anonymousreply 9603/10/2013

She was using it to cut off penii, R96.

by Anonymousreply 9703/10/2013

r76 From what I have read the systers with addictions stay on Saint's row where there is plenty of coffee and 12 step meetings.

Some of these ladies are ballsy, asking to borrow entire camping set-ups, from tents to beds..wow.

by Anonymousreply 9803/10/2013

Amy is still in need:

"And I'll throw this out there for anyone else out there left or Blue Otter if you have, again with the back, can't bring a chair for stage and can't afford any luxuries bc out of a job. If you have an extra chair I could borrow, I would surely appreciate that as well! Or anyone else on the chair, same deal on contacting me. Or leaving a note under Y on the triangle board. I always figure Y will have less action than A so easier to find since my name is Amy Y :)"

by Anonymousreply 9903/10/2013

R99, can you share that link? I want Amy's saga this year. She's still out of work. How will she get there?

by Anonymousreply 10003/10/2013

Agreed, R86. I need a Michfest dictionary to translate "croned/crony" and "triggering."

Oooh, guess I shouldn't have used the word "DICK-tionary."

by Anonymousreply 10103/11/2013

R101, I feel triggered. I'll be in The Oasis.

by Anonymousreply 10203/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 10303/11/2013

AMy?

by Anonymousreply 10403/11/2013

yu

by Anonymousreply 10503/11/2013

57 people have read Denise's post and not one has answered.

Sad. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 10603/11/2013

What can you really say back to Denise though? Glad you aren't pregnant? I don't know what she is going for with that post. I am curious to see how Wimmin on Wheels progresses, she brings it up pretty often.

by Anonymousreply 10703/11/2013

Denise's com-womb-ity is not being very supportive as she talks about her body.

by Anonymousreply 10803/11/2013

I can't believe I get sucked into this thread EVERY year! Their message boards are just so ridiculous.

I don't even want to imagine the drama if Denise gets other festers to rent an RV with her, but it would make for some hilarity here on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 10903/11/2013

r108 What are you referring to? Their general lack of interest about her period or something new? Can you link if it's something new? TIA. I love the Michfest threads..

by Anonymousreply 11003/11/2013

Why isn't "The Learning Channel" or Bravo all over this????

by Anonymousreply 11103/11/2013

Healing circle now sisters for the pat on bum casualty.

by Anonymousreply 11203/11/2013

62 views and no one has answered Denise's question about bleeding on the land.

by Anonymousreply 11303/11/2013

My favorite response to the thread about spitting (toothpaste) is the woman who said, "You can always swallow."

Who said lesbians are humorous?

by Anonymousreply 11403/11/2013

I did a quick Google search of Ms. Denise (hoping for a blog), and found an awkward Twitter account, a sketchy LinkedIn profile and not much else.

Denise is a fellow Missourian, though, and has apparently attended the Midwest Wimmins' Festival in past years. Her posts here seem much more grounded than on the Michefest's boards. I wonder if it's an act or if Michfest itself makes everyone into the most obnoxious possible version of themselves.

Also: CHERYL!

by Anonymousreply 11503/11/2013

What a find r115! I am stoked to do some reading from our Niecy.

by Anonymousreply 11603/11/2013

Portlandia needs to do a Michfest bit.

by Anonymousreply 11703/11/2013

ITA, R117. Candace and Toni should go.

by Anonymousreply 11803/11/2013

For me, the surprise is not so much that I get sucked into this thread every year, R109, but how much I enjoy it. It's better than parody and satire combined!

by Anonymousreply 11903/12/2013

[quote]Amy is still in need:

"And I'll throw this out there for anyone else out there left or Blue Otter if you have, again with the back, can't bring a chair for stage and can't afford any luxuries bc out of a job. If you have an extra chair I could borrow, I would surely appreciate that as well! Or anyone else on the chair, same deal on contacting me. Or leaving a note under Y on the triangle board.I always figure Y will have less action than A so easier to find since my name is Amy Y :)"

Brilliant. I'm surprised Amy didn't ask for a note left under the even less used Q and X. She's probably a great Scrabble hustler.

How many extra chairs, plane tickets, rides, etc. will Amy "appreciate" this year? Any bets?

by Anonymousreply 12003/12/2013

I'm with you, r119. The real thing, in this case, is far funnier than a parody of it.

by Anonymousreply 12103/12/2013

Would hope people would be wiser to Amy's game this time around.

by Anonymousreply 12203/12/2013

r120 I saw that! I am thinking it is our Amy though I don't know but it sure seems like it. Amy must be a hot piece to pull this shit every year.

by Anonymousreply 12303/12/2013

I am reading the thread about their favorite snacks for the land, Jesus, they eat like shit but still insist on gluten free:

"Red licorice., Gardetto nuts and bolts, Mountain Dew ,Pepsi , chocolate .

Cheese cracker filled with stuff, smors poptarts, a small bag of mini snickers.

smoked oysters and Cheezits...so good in the woods!

peanut butter/cheese crackers, Twizzlers, and some protein gluten free bars. Last year, I missed breakfast one day and almost fell out on the trolley. A woman was nice enough to give me a protein bar and I thought that was the sweetest thing. So I'm bringing an assorted supply to carry around just in case someone needs a boost.

Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia Fro Yo from the Cuntree Store. Last year I said, "Screw the bars. I'm going for a whole pint." So decadent..."

No shock that there is a whole discussion about diabetes and how to deal with it while on the land..

by Anonymousreply 12403/12/2013

Crap!

Plus, there's always an "Amy". The names change but the lacking $$ sob story remains the same.

by Anonymousreply 12503/12/2013

Denise has a lot going on on her facebook page, one of her projects is money stamping, good for her:

STAMP OUR MONEY using rubber stamps marking our funds with lgbta sayings like ;"Dyke Dollars , Lesbian Loot, Bi Bucks ,Trans Tender, Gay Green

by Anonymousreply 12603/12/2013

Oh, just TRY spending a dollar that says "Trans Tender" at Michfest, Denise...

by Anonymousreply 12703/12/2013

Denise also shared that she has been trying to get a grade school friend to come to the fest:

"i sent out Jamie Anderson's blog to a str8 woman from grade school this am ive sent her info about land for years because in my heart i see her on the land in Hart... & since 09 (my 1st trip Home) i share with her mostly thru emails the herstory,the feel of land in hopes 1 aug day she will find her way Home...

some ask me why do we need our sister spaces i say "once you go you will understand & the inner freedom you feel will heal those hurts ,light that inner spark that once shined so bright & will give years back to your life in ways you never knew lacked" these are just a few reasons i keep coming back....

so follow Jamie Anderson's blogs ,surf the net find pic,videos & read about this land that holds so much herstory...

michfest 38 is your world of sisterhhod that awaits beyound those gates...come to Hart mi & walk the land, hear the sounds & ,

always know you are loved & never alone that you are the light unto the world so be bright & shine..."

I wonder if this woman is thinking of filing a restraining order yet...

by Anonymousreply 12803/12/2013

Just curious -- Are the gals on the Michfest board aware of the ridicule that goes on here?

by Anonymousreply 12903/12/2013

Denise really shouldn't advertise this movement lest she receive a visit from MEN in suits.

[quote]"The law states: Defacement of currency is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code. Under this provision, currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined not more than $100 or imprisoned not more than six months, or both. Defacement of currency in such a way that it is made unfit for circulation comes under the jurisdiction of the United States Secret Service. --Birdhombre 19:06, 19 September 2005 (UTC) "

by Anonymousreply 13003/12/2013

r129 On the MIchfest 2012 thread some wimmin came over to read it and then posted on the Michfest board. It was when someone was planning on going undercover and their main concern was that they would have to dress up a little because they were worried about how their pictures would turn out.

by Anonymousreply 13103/12/2013

[quote]Just curious -- Are the gals on the Michfest board aware of the ridicule that goes on here?

Yes. They've locked the board out to non-members in the past, mostly because of us.

I think very few of us actually have any malice towards them. Mostly we're amused by the incredible drama they always seem to create year after year.

Personally, I am not a fan of the WBW policy, because I see it as hypocrisy, and I have to admit, there are a few of them, particularly the sisterwommon who referred to the male children interned at the Brother Sun Concentration Camp as "pre-rapists" who seem pathological.

by Anonymousreply 13203/12/2013

"Why isn't "The Learning Channel" or Bravo all over this????"

They would not be welcome, even if they brought an all-female camera crew. The wimmin aren't doing it for attention, they're doing it to be away from the wold and its prying eyes.

There has been past criticism of people who post pictures from Michfest online, without getting the perfmission of every single person in a picture before posting. Even crowd scenes.

by Anonymousreply 13303/12/2013

[quote]Why isn't "The Learning Channel" or Bravo all over this????

"Here Comes Yoni Boo-Boo"

by Anonymousreply 13403/12/2013

Anybody who does not instantly recognize "squirrels/death" is not a real DL'er. Fuck off, newbies. We don't have to explain shit to you.

by Anonymousreply 13503/12/2013

See they are mainly upset about how they will look in pictures:

"Sew, (pun intended) I'm hunting T-shirt upcycle ideas.

A bit of backstory: Some of you may remember that I've been pretty frustrated with the increasing number of cameras on the land, and the increasing willingness of womyn to photograph other womyn without their permission. This year, I'm looking for inexpensive ways to wear things that are fun and a change of pace from my everyday clothing."

by Anonymousreply 13603/12/2013

I'm curious as to what an "upcycle" t-shirt would look like.

by Anonymousreply 13703/12/2013

Maybe a garment crafted of discarded djembe heads and CPAP filters, sewn together with the untamed pubes of a thousand wimmin, R137.

by Anonymousreply 13803/12/2013

Denise was pimping the WOW hard last year, I wonder if she did end up taking it to the other festival:

"it's Wonderful out today as i swing & type in this pre spring sun ...getting a tan i might add...i ask each of you to ask yourself what are you doing this spring??? well Sisters come take your seat & ride in comfort & style to Midwest Wimmins Festival ....

Come meet sisters from all around our sister states for a few wonderful days in the ozark sun... what a great way to kick off your spring/summer of sisterhood fun... Join Wimmin On Wheels as we work together to make traveling to our sister lands ,dances & events affordable safe & fun... showing us we are always loved & never alone that we are the lights unto the world so by working together we all shine...."

by Anonymousreply 13903/12/2013

Nona Hendryx!!

by Anonymousreply 14003/12/2013

Some of those girls are as BIG as the Midway.

by Anonymousreply 14103/12/2013

So does Denise work or anything? Or is she a self-proclaimed Mary Poppins to the world of wimmin?

by Anonymousreply 14203/12/2013

R142 , her LinkedIn profile says she's a producer and organizer in Cape Girardeau, MO. It doesn't specify what she produces or organizes, but I'm guessing it involves a lot of dried green plants.

by Anonymousreply 14303/12/2013

I suspect Denise is on SSI.

by Anonymousreply 14403/12/2013

She describes her field as entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 14503/12/2013

This doesn't sound like DART is TRULY inclusive.

Will additional rules and regulations be necessary?

[quote]Womyn with food allergies or other special dietary requirements should bring any foods that the Festival menu does not provide. We provide simple vegetarian meals - a list of their ingredients is available at the Main Kitchen. Ice is sold at the General Store and delivered once a day to RV.

[quote]Given the shared community environment of thousands of womyn, we cannot say that the Festival is always safe for womyn with environmental sensitivities. In this camping environment you may encounter fire smoke, bug repellent, kerosene lamps, vehicle fumes from shuttles and common contact scents from the large group. There is a campground in the northwestern section of the land designated as smoke and scent-free space, but it is not located near or serviced by DART. It is located in a more remote section of the general camping area, and is clearly marked and self-monitored by the womyn camping there. Still, all campgrounds are in relative proximity to one another, and although the area itself is designated smoke and scent-free, it is adjacent to other general camping areas. If you have environmental sensitivities and are planning on camping in DART, please remember that DART is centrally located to provide enhanced accessibility, and is one of the most densely populated campgrounds on the Land.

by Anonymousreply 14603/12/2013

.......figures it would be one of the most densely populated campgrounds on the Land...

by Anonymousreply 14703/12/2013

For our newer members, here's a link to the epic 2010 Michfest thread, which reached nearly 600 posts. Among its greatest hits (these are real Michfesters):

[quote]Sorry I have to be so dramatic here, but the only way I can explain the offense of the wristband is this: the difference between voluntary buttons and forced wristbands is the difference between consensual sex and rape. Its the same act, but a different intention.

[quote]Please know that there is a herstory to these words. When you say 'womyn', that word is not a chic and new way to say 'wo-man', it has meaning and that meaning has nothing to do with people born male, men, boys, or XY chromosomes. Period. It is not appropriate to use those words to describe males who do not want to be men any longer.

[quote]It is one thing that is disappointing to me at fest and really everywhere. that with all of the awareness about oppression of womyn and other human rights issues...that there is so little regard or caring about the oppression of animals....that the dairy, eggs, and meat that most eat is a product of torture, exploitation and oppression. also that it is a feminist issue....as i see all oppression as stemming from the patriarchy. also female cows are forced to be pregnant over and over literally at the hands of men (they put packets of sperm up into them with their fists)--and this is the source of the cheese, milk, yogurt that so many eat (and that the fest serves). Guess this is an addition to my bummer list for fest.

by Anonymousreply 14803/12/2013

I took my nephews to T-Rex Cafe and they required wristbands for the games area. I'm still wearing mine. Does that mean I secretly liked it?

by Anonymousreply 14903/12/2013

[quote] In this camping environment you may encounter fire smoke, bug repellent, kerosene lamps, vehicle fumes from shuttles and common contact scents from the large group. There is a campground in the northwestern section of the land designated as smoke and scent-free space, but it is not located near or serviced by DART. It is located in a more remote section of the general camping area, and is clearly marked and self-monitored by the womyn camping there. Still, all campgrounds are in relative proximity to one another, and although the area itself is designated smoke and scent-free, it is adjacent to other general camping areas. If you have environmental sensitivities and are planning on camping

They forgot to mention my pussy!

by Anonymousreply 15003/12/2013

R148, I *loved* that thread.

It also made me tender to the touch.....

by Anonymousreply 15103/12/2013

Men hate rape female bovines!!! It's not as bad as calling little boys pre-rapists, but a symptom of the same disorder.

by Anonymousreply 15203/12/2013

Isn't it time for Charles Busch to do a musical about MichFest? or John Cameron Mitchell a set of Hedwig in festival at MichFest? I'd pay good money for one more round of Kiki and Herb if they played the stage!

by Anonymousreply 15303/12/2013

R153 I think a musical about the Bohemian Grove would be more fun.

by Anonymousreply 15403/12/2013

Ha r150 I remember one Michfest thread where a newbie wrote in with questions concerning the scent free zone, something like, "I use soap that is somewhat scented and I am worried I may offend my sensitive systers..how will I know if my scent is too strong?" The chick pretty much told her that they would let her know, in no uncertain terms, whether she was too smelly. It was pretty funny, I wonder sometimes whatever happened to that womon and whether she ever returned.

by Anonymousreply 15503/12/2013

Armistead Maupin's fifth "Tales of the City" book, "Significant Others," deals with what would happen if the Bohemian Grove and a MichFest-like gathering happened downriver from one another.

It's probably the lightest (and funniest) of the final three of the original six novels.

by Anonymousreply 15603/12/2013

Can you imagine attending the White Party and having work shifts? It would take away from pool time.

by Anonymousreply 15703/12/2013

What does this mean:

"Festival workers provide personal care support available on a limited basis. DART workers can offer extra or emergency help, but cannot provide continuous assistance to any one womon. If you need extensive or continuous aid, we strongly suggest you bring an attendant to the Festival."

So they will not do sponge baths but will do less invasive things? I feel bad for the DART workers and the Sprouts people who have to babysit a bunch of heathen-ly kids.

by Anonymousreply 15803/12/2013

"The experience of the Festival can also bring up some challenging feelings. Because most womyn feel uniquely "safe" at the Festival, they can experience feelings about the lack of safety womyn feel in many communities. The unique freedom womyn feel to be themselves at the Festival may bring up feelings about the burden of being "closeted" at home. It's possible to feel a disquieting sense of separation or invisibility if you are heterosexual and have never been in a community where the dominant sexual preference is different than your own. Of course, you will have an experience that is uniquely your own, and possibly none of these things will come up."

by Anonymousreply 15903/12/2013

"The Brother Sun Camp is a special campground for young boys and their mothers in its own section of the Festival property. This gives the boys a feeling of having a fun and special place of their own, while also maintaining the all-womyn environment of the main Festival areas. It is required that sons five years of age and older enroll in Brother Sun and that they not travel into the general Festival grounds with you. "

The penised persons become rapists pretty early I guess. 5 years old is pretty young to have to segregate. I doubt they feel they are in a "special place of their own" as much as they feel banished.

by Anonymousreply 16003/12/2013

[quote] I doubt they feel they are in a "special place of their own" as much as they feel banished.

The feeling is more of relief.

by Anonymousreply 16103/12/2013

Womon of the night!

Womon, do what's right!

Womon, shoot the man!

Womon, sleep with Nan...

by Anonymousreply 16203/12/2013

There are many things for the crew to do, this is probably the best option for a fat womon:

Garbage: (8/1-8/17) "Bag it and drag it" is the motto of this crew, as they accomplish the oh-so-necessary task of removing our waste. The job requires light to heavy lifting and some early mornings.

by Anonymousreply 16303/12/2013

[quote]Womon, shoot the m*n!

Sister r162, it is hard believe you were so insensitive as to post the "m-word" (the one that refers to penised-persons--I could not even bring myself to write it in full myself, even when quoting you) here on a womon-friendly thread. You have shown a total disregard for your sisters' sensibilities--it is the linguistic equivalent of bringing uncovered cilantro into the Nutloaf Hut. Yes, I would go so far as to make that comparison.

I have stated our boundaries, r162. Please respect them. I have just stated our boundaries again.

by Anonymousreply 16403/12/2013

[quote]The experience of the Festival can also bring up some challenging feelings. Because most womyn feel uniquely "safe" at the Festival, they can experience feelings about the lack of safety womyn feel in many communities. The unique freedom womyn feel to be themselves at the Festival may bring up feelings about the burden of being "closeted" at home."

This is the new, most insane thing in p.c.-dom, which is especially prevalent in feminist p.c.-dom: the idea that even discussing certain matters may trigger unpleasant and strong emotions in the sensitive and that they must be protected from feeling these feelings. As a result, many stories that discuss rape or racism or misogyny in the p.c. press are supposed to post "Warning! TRIGGER" before the actual story.

I am not making this up. They do this all the time in the Oberlin College student newspaper, for example.

by Anonymousreply 16503/12/2013

"Trigger warnings are customary in some feminist and other spaces. They are designed to prevent people who have an extremely strong and damaging emotional response (for example, post-traumatic flashbacks or urges to harm themselves) to certain subjects from encountering them unaware. Having these responses is called "being triggered.

Content which is widely agreed by feminist blogs and fandom writers to be warned for:

*graphic descriptions of or extensive discussion of abuse, especially sexual abuse or torture

*graphic descriptions of or extensive discussion of self-harming behaviour such as suicide, self-inflicted injuries or disordered eating depictions, especially lengthy or psychologically realistic ones, of the mental state of someone suffering abuse or engaging in self-harming behaviour

*discussion of eating-disordered behavior or body shaming

These are more extensive than the mainstream media observes. Of these typically only suicide is elided, understated or warned for by the press. In some countries television shows or movies might be preceded by an indication of the nature of violent or sexual content. Professional fiction does not typically warn for any such content on bookjackets or in reviews or similar.

Some people argue that even factual, dry mentions of the above subjects should be warned for. In some sections of Media fandom there are also arguments that warnings should be made for:

*depiction or discussion of violence

*depiction or discussion of particular kinds of consensual sexual activity (BDSM, homosexual encounters, heterosexual encounters...)

*depiction or discussion of any consensual sexual activity

*depiction or discussion of discriminatory attitudes or actions, such as sexism or racism

A trigger warning usually takes the form of some emphasised (usually bold) text starting with a warning phrase (such as "trigger warning," "content warning," or just "warning") and describing in broad terms the upsetting nature of the content. The actual triggering content might be below the warning or hidden in some way requiring readers to click through.

There is no consensus on the 'best' way to word a trigger warning so that it accurately describes the potentially-triggering content without becoming a trigger itself. [bold]The phrase "trigger warning" may itself be triggering to some trauma survivors.[/bold] People can also be triggered by warnings that include too much detail. Warnings with very general language, such as "Warning for a graphic depiction of sexual violence" or "Content Warning: disordered eating" are less likely to trigger readers than warnings that include specific details about the triggering content. "

by Anonymousreply 16603/12/2013

I was always confused about their trans stance but here is a bitch telling someone on the facebook page how it is:

Just curious -- Do they honor and accept trans women?

Yes they do august, call that number to check for any documents of proof and such

but then the truth comes in:

August ... please do not be mislead by Melissa's reply. Michfest remains as originally intended ... for mothers and daughters ... women born of women. It would be awful for a transwoman to show up and not find the welcome she was expecting.

by Anonymousreply 16703/12/2013

"Trigger warning" is my new favorite. Lezbeau, are you trolling quietly here? I've seen some of your work on that lesbian chat board — you seem like the type to Michfest. Have you been?

by Anonymousreply 16803/12/2013

Can you imagine having to work with these women, or have one in your family?

by Anonymousreply 16903/12/2013

r164 and r165 So how do these people fucking get through life each day?

by Anonymousreply 17003/12/2013

I can't believe Denise really enjoys hanging out with these womyn..she seems much more laid back then they are. I can't reconcile the notion of this being for fun when I see all the tight rules posted.

by Anonymousreply 17103/13/2013

This womon should be easy to find:

We performed there I think in 78. We were a pop band doing the hotel circuit and this women Serini Avides/Sally Piano got us into the festival on the main stage. I'd love to find her. She was kind of anti-male society at that time.

by Anonymousreply 17203/13/2013

Oh no, this from last year's fest:

"One of our sisters has the West Nile Virus. Doctor confirms she contracted it at the festival. If you have been feeling sick since fest, go to your doctor right away!"

by Anonymousreply 17303/13/2013

Just the idea that "trigger warning" could itself be taboo because it could potentially trigger PTSD makes my head hurt.

by Anonymousreply 17403/13/2013

Are there any movies that parody Michfest-type festivals?

by Anonymousreply 17503/13/2013

Another Amy who is in need:

"Michfest Sisters...our family can not thank you enough for the reduced rate tickets for our family. We have been battling a very ugly custody battle with my partner's ex-husband. He is trying to keep us from bringing our little girl to Fest this year. The lawyer bills are mounting up (thank Goddess we have a great straight male attorney who is giving us a break) but without these reduced rate tickets Fest would not be possible for us or our girls. We really need Fest magic this year and we so can not even begin to express our gratitude for your kind womyn spirits! See you in August My Sisters!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 17603/13/2013

One womon says what she likes to yell at the men who come and clean the porta-janes:

" i love when they come to clean the port a janes I hollar we took yo shit now you can take our shit"

by Anonymousreply 17703/13/2013

Link?

by Anonymousreply 17803/13/2013

So it's okay for little girls five and over to be exposed to this? Much of the fest is fine but face it, some of these wimmin are there for all the pussy they can eat.

Nice to have little girls be exposed to it before they're too old to understand.

by Anonymousreply 18003/13/2013

Is there a gay male equivalent to Michfest?

by Anonymousreply 18103/13/2013

Bathhouses, circuit parties and gay campgrounds all share some elements with Michfest, but it's pretty unique. Gay men would never go for PC policing or doing work shifts, and I don't think we connect as much through music as crunchy lesbians do.

by Anonymousreply 18203/13/2013

Yes, R181. It's called Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 18303/13/2013

R182, I agree except for the music part. DJs rule at all these winter parties, white parties, etc.

by Anonymousreply 18403/13/2013

Maybe I should say live music then. You're right, a gay male Michfest would definitely include DJs. Rather than sit on our chairs, we'd all be up dancing.

by Anonymousreply 18503/13/2013

I think some of the Radical Faerie shindigs come close.

by Anonymousreply 18603/13/2013

Actually, Radical Faerie camps are probably as close as gay men get to a Michfest experience. Though, I would love to see someone impose Michfest type rules on a bunch of Radical Faeries. Of course the Faeries wouldn't "tell you" then, they would turn it into a musical/dance/theater piece.

by Anonymousreply 18703/13/2013

R181 Bohemian Grove

by Anonymousreply 18803/13/2013

I'm relatively new here -- did the "telling you now, so I don't have to tell you then" line originate in a Michfest thread?

by Anonymousreply 18903/13/2013

I swear some people from here have infiltrated their facebook page. A few guys post on there, one of them asked, "Will Nan be there?" and another guy said something like, "I have stated my boundaries now so I don't have to do it then." They are just ignored by the wimmin there but it's funny. A lot of people pop in just to ask about their trans stance but they ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 19003/13/2013

[quote]I'm relatively new here -- did the "telling you now, so I don't have to tell you then" line originate in a Michfest thread?

It came from an argument on the Michfest boards where a powerful womyn was Stating Her Boundaries well before the festival, and added, "I am telling you NOW so I don't have to tell you THEN."

If they ever do a musical about Michfest, "And I Am Telling You (NOW So I Don't Have to Tell You THEN)" will be the showstopper that ends the first act.

by Anonymousreply 19103/13/2013

I loved the Thanksgiving thread.

by Anonymousreply 19203/13/2013

r189 The womon also made a cartoon with little people, I think, that had weird robotic voices. The whole cartoon was like a cautionary tale for newbies to the fest. The storyline was that if you come up on this chicks' tent, do NOT put your tent by hers! Do not! (repeated in weird robot voices) The person said that if you had the nuts to actually camp next to her, she would physically move your tent to the middle of the woods. She told you now in the cartoon so she would not have to tell you then at the fest. That now and then thing is fucking stupid too, wouldn't it be now and later?

by Anonymousreply 19303/13/2013

Forgot the Radical Faeries, yup, they're close. But much more laid back. Most of the Faeries I've known have been fey potheads who like to sing songs, play dress up (or down), and act silly and flirtatious. They're "crunchy", but not nearly as rigid or extreme. They'd also never get their shit together enough to put on something as elaborate as Michfest.

I could totally see them rocking a testical cape, though.

by Anonymousreply 19403/13/2013

Wow, I don't remember a cartoon R193. I swear I read it in text form. I remember she repeated that line throughout. It was basically a list of her peeves, each one followed by "I'm telling you now so I don't have to tell you then".

by Anonymousreply 19503/13/2013

R195, someone posted the text to the cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 19603/13/2013

Someone please find the link to that cartoon!

by Anonymousreply 19703/13/2013

r195 I think it was in written form and then someone put it to the screen with the cartoon. It wasn't the actual womon who made the list, t was someone making fun of her for being such a bitch. The person who made the cartoon was trying to show how they can have a sense of humor about themselves and the wacky shit they say/do but I bet the list maker didn't think it was funny. It is linked somewhere on one of the threads. There's some really bitchy people on their page. One is so rabidly anti trans and even got pissed that they were handing out fliers at a pride parade because she thought people would get the idea it was a QUEER concert, when it's not..um, ok. The editor of the page finally stepped in and said that it is gay friendly and to not be so rude. I bet the bitchy one is the author of the list.

by Anonymousreply 19803/13/2013

I believe that "I'm telling you now..." originated when one of the campers went on the Michfest board to complain about people not providing sufficient space around her tent. Boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 19903/13/2013

[quote]She told you now in the cartoon so she would not have to tell you then at the fest. That now and then thing is fucking stupid too, wouldn't it be now and later?

The person who did the cartoon wasn't the woman with tent boundary issues. I think that the person with the tent boundary issues was a troll doing a parody post. We speculated whether it was a DL poster. It seemed to go over a lot of heads for a while. Then some woman set it to the cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 20003/13/2013

A few snippets from the original post at the old Michfest boards:

[quote]Do NOT place your tent within ten feet of my tent. Do NOT do it. Do NOT even think about it. If I return to my fresh new carefully selected campsite to see that I am sharing a wall with a neighbor, I will move your tent for you. No ifs and or buts. I am telling you NOW so I do not have to tell you THEN.

[quote]Do NOT play music on The Land that features male singing voices. Do NOT do it. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to remind womyn of this rule over the years. Sometimes not very nicely. There is nothing worse than hearing a man's voice when you are snug in your Fest tent late at night and think you are safe from violence. Everyone - use this thread to post "friendly" advice for fellow Festies. Tell them NOW so you don't have to tell them THEN.

[quote]DO NOT use manufactured menstrual products. They are not biodegradable and unsafe for womynkind. Please use a moon cup and the menstrual huts if it's that time of the month.

[quote]DO NOT do it.

[quote]There is a dyke who, when notified, will come and confiscate any tampons or pads. They are POISONING the Land and the womyn on it.

[quote]I am telling you NOW so I do not have to tell you THEN.

by Anonymousreply 20103/13/2013

r191, come and sit by me.

by Anonymousreply 20203/13/2013

Thankfully, they don't give the address of the Land. As much as we make fun, I'd hate that anybody would try and ruin their Fest.

Though I'm sure they can't ignore the line of cars waiting to get in.

by Anonymousreply 20303/13/2013

[quote]As a result, many stories that discuss rape or racism or misogyny in the p.c. press are supposed to post "Warning! TRIGGER" before the actual story.

[quote]I am not making this up. They do this all the time in the Oberlin College student newspaper, for example.

I wouldn't have believed this had I not gone and Googled it for myself:

by Anonymousreply 20403/13/2013

I've always wondered about the oreintation video they need to watch when they arrive. Is it a video from the 80s or some filmstrip from the 70s *beep*

I would be frustrated as hell having to watch that with all the activity going on.

by Anonymousreply 20503/13/2013

"If they ever do a musical about Michfest, 'And I Am Telling You (NOW So I Don't Have to Tell You THEN)' will be the showstopper that ends the first act."

Just imagine J-Hud tearing a breast cast off her ample chest as she wails, "You're the best Land I've ever known/In the Janes I will surely go..."

by Anonymousreply 20603/13/2013

They have to watch a video when they get there? Jesus, this is sounding like way more trouble than it's worth.

by Anonymousreply 20703/13/2013

[quote]If they ever do a musical about Michfest, "And I Am Telling You (NOW So I Don't Have to Tell You THEN)" will be the showstopper that ends the first act.

Actually, when it first happened. Jennifer Hudsdottir laid claim to "And I Am Telling You I Am Not Going NOW, So I Don't Have To Tell You I Am Not Going THEN."

by Anonymousreply 20803/13/2013

R207, yes. All first-timers need to watch an orientation video.

by Anonymousreply 20903/13/2013

Some shill on the facebook page is talking about what a bargain it is and how she can't believe people think it's expensive, "6 days of camping including 3 meals a day, childcare, workshops and entertainment is cheap!" Yeah, asshole, but they also have to get there, buy camping equipment, apparently buy many ice cream bars to supplement the delicious meals and take time off of work.

by Anonymousreply 21003/13/2013

[quote]Yeah, asshole, but they also have to get there, buy camping equipment, apparently buy many ice cream bars to supplement the delicious meals and take time off of work.

Not to mention you have to work once you get there!

by Anonymousreply 21103/13/2013

Do they strip search all of the attendees to make sure they're not carrying photos of penised persons? I guess they can't use cash, then! Or are all transactions handled with Susan B. Anthony dollars?

by Anonymousreply 21203/13/2013

Yes r211, it really seems like a racket. They justify it by saying that they do it to create their own space and not have men, blah, blah, but I was reading the work crew applications and they even have a "young adult girl" worker's program for girls 13-17. The girls are said to be "part-time" workers but the application says they will work 6-8 hours a day for 6 days..that doesn't sound part-time to me and you can bet that the shifts are closer to 8 hours than six. I would love to be a vendor there, I bet those broads clean up! Especially the food vendors.

by Anonymousreply 21303/13/2013

urf. nutloaf.

by Anonymousreply 21403/13/2013

I'm sure there's nothing a 13-17 year old girl wants more than to work with obese women with saggy tits connected to oxygen tanks for a week in summer.

Can't imagine the same with guys at a Bear gathering.

by Anonymousreply 21503/13/2013

Look, Sarah is twirling her vagina cape!

by Anonymousreply 21603/13/2013

There's a band called MEN slated to perform. That will get some granny panties in a twist.

by Anonymousreply 21703/13/2013

MEN has performed at Fest before: a womon, a gay guy, and a genderqueer butch-but-not-FTM.

by Anonymousreply 21803/13/2013

Link to picture of this "MEN" please??

by Anonymousreply 21903/13/2013

Here you go, R219

by Anonymousreply 22003/13/2013

THANK you r220!

by Anonymousreply 22103/13/2013

Whoah. Ok. I am maybe wrong, but the guy on the left (Michael?) is ftm?

But my LORD he seems/sounds/looks like he was born m.....?

by Anonymousreply 22203/13/2013

^ Michael is the gay guy. JD Samson (middle) is the genderqueer one. She still IDs as female, though, despite the natural 'stache.

by Anonymousreply 22303/13/2013

MEN feature former members of Le Tigre. They're actually quite awesome and will scare the hell out of the boring bitches at Michfest.

by Anonymousreply 22403/13/2013

But gay or not, men are not allowed at Michfest, so will MEN play without Michael??

by Anonymousreply 22503/13/2013

I'm confused. They're allowing a biological male born male on the land to perform as part of the act called MEN? I must have missed something across the years on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 22603/13/2013

^ They've played there before, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

by Anonymousreply 22703/13/2013

this account makes it look halfway fun.

by Anonymousreply 22803/13/2013

[quote]Gay men would never go for PC policing or doing work shifts, and I don't think we connect as much through music as crunchy lesbians do.

You've never been to a Bear event or IML, have you?

by Anonymousreply 22903/13/2013

Nut Loaf Recipe anyone?

Cook:

400 lbs. of Brown Rice

Chop:

425 lbs. Onions

310 lbs. Mushrooms

400 lbs. Carrots

400 lbs. Yams

105 bunches Parsley

Mince:

13 lbs. of Garlic

Cube:

400 lbs. of Tofu

Blend:

1.75 lbs. Thyme

1.75 lbs. Margoram

1.33 lbs. Sage

Measure:

55 lbs. Walnuts

55 lbs. Peanuts

90 lbs. Sunflower Seeds

3.5 gal. Vegetable Oil

Grate:

150 lbs. Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Roast nuts in light oil, stirring constantly. Saute Onions, then Carrots, then Yams, then mushrooms. Add Garlic and Herbs, stir through.

Add Tofu, and bring everything to a slow boil and simmer.

Combine Veggie/Nut mixture with rice and grated cheese.

Note: Make a pot without Nuts.

Can go with 7680 pita bread halves and 168 lbs. of Tortilla Chips.

by Anonymousreply 23003/13/2013

LOL, so lesbians = equivalent to bears.

by Anonymousreply 23103/13/2013

MICHFEST lesbians, maybe.

8 out of 10 lesbians have never and will never go, and the other 2 out of 10 haven't even heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 23203/13/2013

ok wait, math not my strong suit.

Make that 8 out of 10 never go, and OF those 8 out of 10 at least 2-3 have never heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 23303/13/2013

Hey - let's do a thread about the White Party. Drugged up gay men parading in their underware, looking to f**k anything that moves and scaring women and children off the streets! Yeah- let's make fun of men for a change!!

by Anonymousreply 23403/13/2013

[quote] underware

Oh, dare.

by Anonymousreply 23503/13/2013

We do, r234. DO keep up.

by Anonymousreply 23603/13/2013

[quote]Hey - let's do a thread about the White Party. Drugged up gay men parading in their underware, looking to f**k anything that moves and scaring women and children off the streets! Yeah- let's make fun of men for a change!!

Please do, r234. I'd be happy to join in.

But if you think DL doesn't make fun of men, I'd say you're not paying attention. A good "JEALOUS MUCH?" thread with a photo of a superannuated "boi" in club gear is always popular around here.

by Anonymousreply 23703/13/2013

I found the cartoon version of "I'm telling you NOW."

by Anonymousreply 23803/13/2013

There is a lot more dialogue than I recall. Too bad I couldn't catch some of it because the computerized voices were too clipped at some points.

by Anonymousreply 23903/13/2013

so did a DLer make that?

by Anonymousreply 24003/13/2013

How can they possibly justify having a dish with "nuts" in it (even in the name)? Doesn't that bring up an image of the hated penised persons?

by Anonymousreply 24103/13/2013

" I can hear some of you saying, “but what about . . .?” Yes, it’s outdoorsy, we live in the woods for a week. Woods with hot showers and hot coffee and cold ice cream and a dance floor that pulses with music and women and a huge screen for movies under the stars and concerts from 11 in the morning until 11 at night and parades of femmes and struts of butches. And some women stay in RV’s with all the comforts of their other, non-Festival home. Yes, it’s political, because how can a world created by women, for women, and about women be anything but political in a world that says women shouldn’t be too much, too loud, too radical, too. . .ourselves."

by Anonymousreply 24203/13/2013

From a very positive blog entry by a lesbian I found about MichFest:

"Many people I know who have been to Michfest remarked that it was the safest they had ever felt in their life. Not only is your person safe, but your belongings are too. Kris and I would leave our backpacks anywhere, for hours, and come back to find them untouched. It's also a very friendly environment. You could grab anyone if you needed help with anything.

Also, people followed rules. [bold]I have never seen so many people following rules at once in my life. About how short your chair must be to use at concerts, about not making noise, or not playing any music that had men's voices in it.[/bold]"

by Anonymousreply 24303/13/2013

r243 When I first read the rules I was thinking it might be like at school or at work, where there are tons of rules listed but people are pretty lax about enforcing and following them so it doesn't seem that bad. But the more I read I see that the rules are not just guidelines but serious shit! Otherwise it might not be bad to go (since I am a wbw) but that fucking diatribe by the one womon about how she will hurl your tent into the woods or grab your ipod from you just sounds bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 24403/13/2013

GenderTrender

Letter From Michfest 2012: “Man On The Land!”

August 15, 2012

It was reported to GenderTrender that women yelled loudly “Maaaaan On The Laaaaand!” at male Transbians at Michigan Women’s Music Festival everywhere they went this year. Also received this missive:

“Michfest and the women born women intention policy: we were very well organized in showing visible support for the intention of fest. Those of us supporting the intention wore red throughout the festival. I attended a discussion about trans inclusion, which turned out to be mostly a bunch of trans allies and a MTT (Alice). They were all complaining about the “sea of red” which had been displayed at the opening ceremony and how “unsafe” it made them feel and how guilty they all felt for not being as organized with their t-shirts as we were with ours. I expressed that last year several women had been made to feel unsafe by males yalking about their penis in workshops with survivors. I was told there was a difference between feeling unsafe and uncomfortable and that penises do not really make women feel unsafe only uncomfortable.

I pointed out how crazy they were for believing that a t-shirt was more dangerous than a penis. Alice admitted that he had talked about his penis inappropriately but then dismissed his actions, saying that he is always hearing from women who “claim to be triggered” on the rape crisis line that he volunteers on, but that apparently all these women are just being neurotic and exaggerating (words to that effect). It is unfortunate that one of the women he traumatized last year was unable to come back this year because she does not consider the space to be safe after what happened last year.

Alice [Kalafarski] was the man who severely traumatized a survivor of sexual violence [and then publicly mocked her in a now edited but still incredibly despicable blog post- GM] by talking about his penis in a workshop last year about female masturbation and sexual violence post male sexual violence. The survivor had never been to Michfest before and she was a young woman in her early twenties. She was not at fest this year, and may never come again after this experience with Alice. Yet Alice was there. How fucked up is that?

We walked past him on one of the feminist parades and X and a few others yelled out “Man On The Land” which I later got “told off” about, even though I didn’t say anything lol. Over all a very successful year for us, and I had a woman tell me she had concluded we were right after listening to us, even though she had gone to the workshops on this issue sympathetic to trans inclusion. I do worry about the presence of that Alice at fest and also him on that help line. I am concerned he gets off on women’s sexual trauma. We need to keep up the pressure to keep the policy and to find a way to deal with perpetrators on the land.

This year was excellent in terms of resistance to trans presence at the fest. There were hundreds of women wearing red and a group of women had made about 500 t-shirts with the slogan “Big Up The Female: Power, Power”. The support for women-only space at Michfest was palpable and heart-warming.

Other women had made patches saying, “Respect the Intention, Respect the Healing”. I met tons of women who were in support of the intention and didn’t cop shit from anyone despite being covered in red the entire festival. [bold]Quite a few of us women went up to Alice and asked him to leave. I think that we made the men on the land feel incredibly unwelcome and uncomfortable this year. I feel very positive and happy about that.“[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 24503/13/2013

I had a few Lesbian friends in college (early 90's) and am friends with an Elderlez couple now. I can't say I've ever heard them speak of radical separatism, moon cups, goddys veneration, nut loaves etc. I did hear lots of weird stories about lovers changing frequently and usually with friend-of-a-friend's or ex's-of-ex's though.

I noticed that silver jewelry seems big, especially those rolling rings with three bands.

by Anonymousreply 24603/13/2013

Are these bitches aware that Trigger was a penised equine?

by Anonymousreply 24703/13/2013

I would rather dance around in my underwear at the White Party than attend Michfest or anything like it.

by Anonymousreply 24803/13/2013

You just know that these women are the type who would go ballistic if anyone tried to host a similar event from which they were barred.

by Anonymousreply 24903/13/2013

Even better is this related article on GenderTrender recounting specific, named incidents of PENIS! and trans-pranking on The Land.

Oh, mercy.

by Anonymousreply 25003/13/2013

r245 That's so incredibly mean. How can a well adjusted person use the words "unwelcome" and "uncomfortable" in the same sentence as "happy" and "positive"? This is why I don't feel bad about making fun of this stuff..it's not nurturing or kind to do to people.

by Anonymousreply 25103/14/2013

From the long list at r250 link of reasons why trans should not attend:

"0.11. many female butches’ sex and gender are questioned in the ONE place they used to be able to count on that NOT happening."

See, I call bullshit on that. Wouldn't trans people be dressing like women and not men? They are just making up reasons to be highly indignant.

by Anonymousreply 25203/14/2013

The woman who writes GenderTrender is completely unbalanced. She is nasty and delights in being cruel to MTF transsexuals. She is completely obsessed with them--that's all she posts about.

by Anonymousreply 25303/14/2013

[quote] “Big Up The Female: Power, Power”

It's weird to imagine the "Women and Women First" bookstore skits on Portlandia aren't even the tiniest bit exaggerated.

by Anonymousreply 25403/14/2013

I write sarcastic stuff on here in making fun of things but I can't get behind total, intentional cruelty for the sake of excluding people, especially if someone already feels uncomfortable in their own skin. I have a girlfriend who always identified as straight but never really dated until a few years ago, she fell in love with a mtf trans and now identifies as a lesbian. She is a good friend and her gf is sweet too. Even if some things about the fest may sound fun, I would never go or endorse them on my facebook because of the way they try to hurt trans people. Oddly, this friend of mine and her gf would love something like that! They are woman power type people.

by Anonymousreply 25503/14/2013

Another example of why trans shouldn't be there from the link at r250:

"0.14. A trans woman elbowed a wbw in the breast as she shoved her way onto the dance floor at Night Stage (Alice K)"

Ok, now you ladies are really splitting hairs. I'm sure at a concert there is a fair amount of jostling..if it had been done by a differently abled womon in a rascal, would it be any less painful? I don't like getting elbowed in the tit by anyone but I wouldn't read that much into it in a crowd at a concert.

by Anonymousreply 25603/14/2013

Here's a crazy comment posted on the Gendertrender blog:

" Yes, males are cuckoos. We’d written years ago in our book and earlier articles about Lesbians and women giving birth to our enemy, to those who may someday sexually assault and even kill them or their sisters. Another aspect is that many of these men will later have the power to incarcerate their mothers in mental institutions and nursing homes. 85% of Lesbian’s who get pregnant have males. It’s like a science fiction nightmare."

Science? Hmm..not sure, but fiction? Most definitely!

by Anonymousreply 25703/14/2013

Ha, here is a posting from a differently abled (and probably large) womon on the rideshare part of the fest bb:

"I am willing to give a ride from Kalamazoo,mich on Monday to someone in exchange for helping me pack my van and put up my tents and stuff in DART downtown on the monday (day before fest starts) before fest and packup and help me empty my van back in Kalamazoo the following monday. I only have room for 1 person and the person must be a woman born woman, non-smoker in my vehicle and able to lift at least 36 lbs. I have mobility problems and am having a shoulder replacement a few weeks before fest and will not be able to able to lift anything except with my left hand."

Hard to believe she has a few views but no takers! She's only giving them a half day ride and in exchange they have to fucking put up her tents (plural!), probably connect her CPAP shit, not be a trans, and unload all her shit at the end? No thanks, I will take the "Amy" route and beg my way there.

by Anonymousreply 25803/14/2013

"A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I got a gal ... in Kalamazoo. Don't wanta boast but I know she's the toast of Kalamazoo-zoo-zoo-zoo-zoo-zoo.

Years have gone by, my, my, how she grew. I liked her looks when I carried her books in Kalamazoo-zoo-zoo-zoo-zoo."

by Anonymousreply 25903/14/2013

This is seriously riveting. I need to go to bed but I can't!

by Anonymousreply 26203/14/2013

[quote]Nancy's yogurt tub, the big one, with lid, is perfect tent potty.

by Anonymousreply 26303/14/2013

I know, R215. I can't imagine anything worse for a teen girl than to have to spend a hot summer outdoors camping surrounded by fat, topless women and no cute boys around.

I bet you that many of the daughters of the truly man-hating ones end up becoming boy-crazy w/ posters of Justin Bieber or One Direction, and I would imagine that might make some heads explode.

by Anonymousreply 26403/14/2013

This chick may need to camp in DART:

"twisted my ankle bad on monday. was stepping off the porch to clear leaves out of dog dug holes so the guys with the fill dirt will be able to fill them and i wont hurt my ankles... oh well, stepped off the porch into one of the holes and OW!!!!!!! i could feel that flash of heat. lay there for about 20 minutes before i could crawl up to the porch and get myself up. i was going to call someone to help but my phone battery was dead. so i have had a week of crutches, then cane, and ice and ow!!! it is still sore but getting better."

God (ess), can you imagine if one of your dramatic friends called you crying about a horrible accident and how you must get over and help her, only to see her fat ass just stepped into a small hole? This should give her lots to kvetch about..

by Anonymousreply 26503/14/2013

The person who puts out the GenderTrender blog also posts here showing the same over the top insanity about MTF and WTM Transgenders, just so you know.

Some of the most vicious gay-baiting posts on Datalounge are from that person, and I'm sure they will be by to take credit soon.

by Anonymousreply 26603/14/2013

From the bb:

" I caught myself up on recent glee episodes last night... i thought it was sweet that they depicted some christians students debating (and eventually coming around to) helping a pair of lesbians celebrate valentine's day, on the basis that love is love... then, out of curiosity, I started googling christian reactions to the show... and found the vitriol I expected... not sure if I was bating myself to feel irritated or what.... but I guess i still hope there are at least some christians out there who say - yes - encouraging love between all people is fundamental to following christ... cause that's a key part of his teaching."

Oh, I'm sure you were baiting yourself to feel irritated but never mind that, you have some trannies to make uncomfortable and unwelcome!

by Anonymousreply 26703/14/2013

For such strong, powerful amazon wimmin they sure leave a lot up to chance, and angels, and woo. The one girl (not Amy) had a "help me get to fest" donation thread on the bulletin board and is encouraging people to send woo her way so she can get a job..This doesn't make them look forceful or proactive, it makes them look like griftery creeps.

by Anonymousreply 26803/14/2013

Indeed

by Anonymousreply 26903/14/2013

"I realize that every year i scramble to try to find a chair i can use at the stages that i am able to get in and out of. What it needs is obviously to be off the ground, and to be able to hold a large size gal.."

by Anonymousreply 27003/14/2013

"Taking a job xfer soon....I already discussed this "non-negotiable" week in August with my future boss. The boss said...we'll make it work"

That's pretty ballsy in this shitty job market..what if her boss said, "Oh well, thanks for the interview but I can't have someone demanding a week off before I even hire them."

by Anonymousreply 27103/14/2013

The womyn in r270's post used a wheelchair at the last Michfest. Here she is enjoying a snack in it.

by Anonymousreply 27203/14/2013

That photo just made me sad, R272.

by Anonymousreply 27303/14/2013

yes, that's an example of pathetic trolling, r272, rather than clever snark.

by Anonymousreply 27403/14/2013

R72, can you summarize "the spork problem." Is this a safe environment to ask what is wrong with sporks?

by Anonymousreply 27503/14/2013

Oops it wasn't R72. Sorry. But the question remains..what did sporks ever do to anyone?

by Anonymousreply 27603/14/2013

^ See R89. Sporks are plastic -- bad for The Land, bad for womyn.

by Anonymousreply 27703/14/2013

The thing about R272's photo is that if you crop out the background and add one from Michfest, it would look like one of their bizarre, but typical tableaus.

by Anonymousreply 27803/14/2013

Sporks are penised spoons! Trigger!

by Anonymousreply 27903/14/2013

The expression "thank God" is so common, people say it without even having religious faith. Do these womyn actually say "thank Goddyss" or whatever? "Thank Goddess our tent was a close enough walk to the Porta-Jane!"

If they slip and say "God" would that be a trigger and conjure up rape by Divine penised entities? Is that a boundary that's stated before the fest begins?

by Anonymousreply 28003/14/2013

r280 They say thank goddess all the time on their bb posts and facebook stuff. I'm sure it's been second nature to them for years. They do slip up on the spelling of "womon" and it always makes me cringe a little, wondering if they will get in trouble with the militant ladies. I'm sure it's hard to slip in and out of the stupid spelling shit and I bet some of them have accidentally (or purposely) used the wimmin/womyn thing on work stuff that was seen by non festies. I imagine their stance is pretty well known from some of their names, jazzy scooters, and body types but it still must be funny to get supposedly serious work documents from them that are rife with weird words. I wonder if they use "mansplaining" a lot?

by Anonymousreply 28103/14/2013

[quote]jazzy scooters

?

by Anonymousreply 28203/14/2013

r282 Jazzy scooter are another name for mobility scooters. Like some are called "rascals" some are called Jazzy scooters. They had an ad for them years ago.

by Anonymousreply 28303/14/2013

[quote]I wonder if they use "mansplaining" a lot?

Yep!

by Anonymousreply 28403/14/2013

When I was in school, two teachers changed their names. Dorothea Lunarwomon (to honor a woman's 28 day cycle of renewal... Wonder how she felt about that when she hit menopause) and Sandra Emmachild. I think Sandra's last name had been something like Johnson or Zimmerman and so she changed it from a male-based last name to a last name that honored her mother.

by Anonymousreply 28503/14/2013

r285 That Lunarwomon thing is ridiculous but I get the other one wanting to honor her mother, I would have probably just taken my mom's maiden name but I suppose that is a patriarchal tool of oppression etc.

by Anonymousreply 28603/14/2013

If there's ever a DL souvenir T-shirt shop, I want one that says

"MICHFEST: Will Additional Rules and Regulations Be Necessary?"

by Anonymousreply 28703/14/2013

and the answer would be a resounding YES!

by Anonymousreply 28803/14/2013

A fb post from the trans hating womon, she's such a bitch:

"yeah except Michfest is not a QUEER festival. saying so might give some folks the wrong impression ... which could lead to disappointment."

Oh honey, I don't think ladies who love ladies will be at all disappointed by the fest..

by Anonymousreply 28903/14/2013

But back to the fact that MEN is on the official concert schedule... do they not know that the tall one is a mbm?

by Anonymousreply 29003/14/2013

^ Maybe he agreed to temporary chemical castration while on The Land.

by Anonymousreply 29103/14/2013

[quote] do they not know that the tall one is a mbm?

Shhh! They're planning a surprise gender reassignment surgery ambush!

by Anonymousreply 29203/14/2013

Is that true r290? I am surprised no one has raised a stink about it. Considering they confiscate your walkwomon if it has male voices playing on it this is a big deal. I would hate butchy "telling you now" chick to get wind of that.

by Anonymousreply 29303/14/2013

I-i-if I b-b-bring c-c-coffee to th-th-the fest w-w-will there be c-c-cries of-of-of Yuban on th-th-the l-l-land???

by Anonymousreply 29403/14/2013

"...And now sisterwomyn... please join me in welcoming MEN to the stage... " Based on the way they talk and everything I've read about Michfesters, here on DL and elsewhere, I just don't see how this band will not get booed or heckled.

by Anonymousreply 29503/14/2013

I don't either r295 and based on their reprehensible treatment of trans people, I would be severely fucking offended to go and see that band there. Also, they pay their acts so as a womon who hates men I would not want to know that my ticket money is funding one. What bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 29603/14/2013

R291 R292 Extreme Makeover: MichFest Edition

by Anonymousreply 29703/14/2013

[quote] They believe that females have no rights to any space or service or gathering, public or private, that excludes the presence of males, or that exists for the benefit of female fellowship, or for the protection of females from potential male predation. It’s true!

Well, fair is fair. Women sued to gain admittance to once "male only" spaces and won. Why is it that gyms for women only are allowed but once-all-male clubs were forced to admit women members after decades of male-only membership?

by Anonymousreply 29803/14/2013

zzzzz

by Anonymousreply 29903/14/2013

New name for the event: Burning Womon

by Anonymousreply 30003/14/2013

Female-only gyms I can understand. Women want to work out without being ogled, harassed or criticised for their physiques by men. I know the reverse can happen, but it's definitely not as common.

by Anonymousreply 30103/14/2013

Our local Club bathhouse has a full gym.

No women.

by Anonymousreply 30203/14/2013

Does anyone here actually have an account on the Michfest board? I'd be very curious what they have to say about the NIH study of obesity among lesbians described at the link.

I was shocked to read the epidemiology: 75% of lesbians are obese. That's more than twice the rate of the fattest states in the union, W. Virginia and Mississippi. It's a serious health epidemic with potentially fatal consequences yet so many seem to feel that obesity is a natural expression of their womynhood and "healthy." Over the years, I can't tell you how many women on the Michfest boards have stubbornly and angrily insisted that they're perfectly healthy despite describing themselves as being "large." I assume large is an understatement and their BMIs are well into the unhealthy range.

So much concern about polluting the fucking Land with sporks when their own bodies are falling apart at their own hands. I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that over half of the women in DART would be SHOCKED, SHOCKED to find that many of their symptoms would disappear with significant weight loss.

I'd post it there myself, but it would look odd if I registered only to post this.

by Anonymousreply 30303/14/2013

[quote] Women want to work out without being ogled, harassed or criticised for their physiques by men.

Have you SEEN the likes of most of the women that go to the women-only gyms? Frau-iest of the fraus.

by Anonymousreply 30403/14/2013

oi

by Anonymousreply 30503/14/2013

r303 You would think they would get it, one womon said she has lost 75 pounds and will now be easier to move about more freely but that she is still really large..I laugh about the non-gluten complaining and not wanting meat but then I read about their preferred snacks and it's all Cherry Garcia this and milky way and Mountain Dew that..what the fuck is the point of cutting meat byproducts only to fill up on processed shit?

by Anonymousreply 30603/14/2013

"Women sued to gain admittance to once "male only" spaces and won. Why is it that gyms for women only are allowed but once-all-male clubs were forced to admit women members after decades of male-only membership?"

Women have only sued to open up all-male institutions when there is some benefit to be had from entrance, such as military officer training, or when no facilities are open to women.

There are so many gyms in this country that there's plenty of room for single-sex business. And going to Michfest offers no practical benefit to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 30703/14/2013

R307, it may differ from state to state, but no gym in my state can exist without a women's locker room. The implemented this by baring any renovations or improvements to the facility unless the renovations and improvements included a designated locker room for women. All female businesses such a Lucille Roberts are not required to have changing rooms for men.

by Anonymousreply 30803/14/2013

[quote] Women have only sued to open up all-male institutions when there is some benefit to be had from entrance, such as military officer training, or when no facilities are open to women.

Please tell me what benefit women gained from suing institutions such as Mens social clubs and country clubs to overturn male-membership-only policies.

by Anonymousreply 30903/14/2013

R309, in a lot of cases the men's-only clubs was where the Old Boy Network made deals and socialized their way into promotions, and kept anyone who wasn't an Old Boy out of the local circle of power.

Belive me, it's in your interest to break up the Old Boy Network, because nobody who posts on the Datalounge is ever going to become part of their circle.

by Anonymousreply 31003/14/2013

Traditionally, gentlemen's clubs are where the elite meet for business networking, elbow-rubbing, brokering deals, etc. When they first began desegregating, in the '70s and '80s one of the primary arguments against keeping women out was that they were social clubs not intended for business.

by Anonymousreply 31103/14/2013

From the fb page at a previous fest:

" I heard from a worker, on the last day there, that there were many acts of vandalism on the land, and that the police were called to deal with one woman who happened to brag about her involvement in the Twilight Zone. I don't know if any charges were laid..... Hmmm. Apparently the hot water pipes were cut in the DART RV area, some electrical wires cut on the Acoustic stage, various graffitti saying "Fuck MichFest" on various supply trucks, and signs either ripped down or defaced.... The worker told me that it was coming from "Trans-Support Womyn", but I don't want to jump to conclusions. I don't have "proof" of the facts here, only the word of one worker.... I have to say, that in over 20 years coming to the Land, this year was one of deep exhaustion for me and a number of other women I talked to who had also been coming for decades. I couldn't figure it out all week, because I was SO pumped to be going, but I kept feeling drained of my energies. Perhaps I was picking up some negative energies, and this worker's story, if true, might have explained that....I don't know. I'm a very intuitive woman and I didn't like the overall "Feel" this year, in spite of meeting and reconnecting with my Mich Friends! "

by Anonymousreply 31203/14/2013

And this is funny:

"How can MWMF remain safe if it allows anyone who claims to be M2F? IF this were allowed, then basically the festival is opening its doors to men, as there is no discernable difference between a pre-op M2F and a man. I DO know that trans-women have always attended, passing as women and as long as they blend in with all the diversity at MWMF, I don't have a problem with that. But if the policy welcomed trans-women, they wouldn't need to try and blend in, and then men would be ALL over the place, and the Festival would cease to exist. "

I doubt anyone would pretend to be trans just to sneak a peek at you gals, especially when they could go to a strip club or even a brothel if they wanted to see naked women who are good looking.

by Anonymousreply 31303/14/2013

Yikes.

*one of the primary arguments for keeping women out.

by Anonymousreply 31403/14/2013

[quote] in a lot of cases the men's-only clubs was where the Old Boy Network made deals and socialized their way into promotions, and kept anyone who wasn't an Old Boy out of the local circle of power.

Feh. Like joining a lodge, I think these places really served as more of a place to get away from women and the family for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 31503/14/2013

As I recall (from the 70's when we settled this question), the legal reason for the integration of private clubs was based on the amount of professional networking and business transactions that took place in them. Women were excluded from those professional opportunities.

Personally, I don't care. If people want to belong to single-gender organizations, have at it.

by Anonymousreply 31603/14/2013

Urf.

by Anonymousreply 31703/15/2013

Where are the facebook comments coming from? When I do a search on Facebook I just get a wikepedia entry.

by Anonymousreply 31803/15/2013

Michfest on Facebook:

by Anonymousreply 31903/15/2013

Click on 'recent posts by others'

by Anonymousreply 32003/15/2013

Ah, R320, I see Denise has been posting this morning.

by Anonymousreply 32103/15/2013

Denise seems like she has a heart of gold, so I hope we continue to go easy on her...

by Anonymousreply 32203/15/2013

Thanks, r319 and r320!

by Anonymousreply 32303/15/2013

It's strange that they love Ben&Jerry's Cherry Garcia so much, because *trigger warning* the company is named after two men, and the product in honour of a man...

by Anonymousreply 32403/15/2013

The image from a few years ago of the fat womon in the low chair that she would have to roll out of ...

by Anonymousreply 32503/15/2013

There was one nasty woman a few years ago who was so anti-man she didn't even approve of women working with men.

Good lord.

by Anonymousreply 32603/15/2013

I agree r322. I wish Denise would come over here again so we could talk her out of going and hanging out with wimmin who don't seem to respect her. She seems way too mellow and cool to hang with these angry militant bitches and I doubt she hates men or trans people as they seem to. Come back, Niecey!

by Anonymousreply 32703/15/2013

ha

by Anonymousreply 32803/15/2013

Vera strongly disagrees, R327.

by Anonymousreply 32903/15/2013

r329 Who is Vera? I don't remember her herstory..Is she the one who took the wild ride with Denise?

by Anonymousreply 33003/15/2013

Yes. She was the only surviving passenger of the Rainbow Express to have spoken out about the experience. (Apparently there were two others on the inbound trip who didn't get a ride back)

Denise smoked dope and drove erratically and, according to Vera who is straight, Denise also repeatedly made unwanted sexual advances at the Fest. There was also some accusation that Denise had kept money that should have been refunded to Vera. Vera took to the boards to tell her story. The whole thing was convoluted. It seemed like Denise used the (dilapidated) Rainbow Express service to subsidize her trip. Whether this was intentional or a by-product of what I suspect is a bipolar disorder is another question.

Wimmin don't respond to her posts because they know the herstory of erratic behavior. I looked at her Youtube account (Deltadyke) and she has only four subscribers.:(

by Anonymousreply 33103/15/2013

Yes r331, that's right, and that's why Denise came over here when people were talking about the Rainbow Express fiasco. I remember everyone was saying to give Vera her money back and Denise came to defend herself. I still feel bad for her. How could you not be high when you are going to attend the fest? It would be excruciating if you went sober. She just wanted cash, weed, pussy and respect. Is that so wrong? I feel bad that she has so few youtube subscribers but having seen her juggling videos I do understand.

by Anonymousreply 33203/15/2013

r324 I have read a few blogs about fest that were linked here or on the fest board and the common theme in them is food. The one chick only seemed to get excited and animated when hot dogs, ice cream bars and burritos were involved. I think that the man hating stops when food is in the picture. Cherry Garcia sounds fucking putrid to me but I am not a cherry loving gal or a dead head.

by Anonymousreply 33303/15/2013

I'm with you r332.

by Anonymousreply 33403/15/2013

I don't recall Denise posting here and I had kept up with the Rainbow Express debacle. My mind must be going.

by Anonymousreply 33503/15/2013

r335 It was whatever year the Rainbow express thing was and I guess she was led here by the people going there to read the accounts. I will try and find the thread. Basically she defended herself with misspellings and grammatical errors and I think some posters here even said she should hang out and that she might like it here but she was too indignant about the Vera thing. People here were nice to her beyond the "Give Vera her money back" thing. I think she maybe thought this was anti-gay or something and people told her no, her gayness wasn't the problem with her, it was her not returning Vera's money.

by Anonymousreply 33603/15/2013

[quote]She just wanted cash, weed, pussy and respect. Is that so wrong?

My favorite DL quote since Shitty Little Ann.

by Anonymousreply 33703/15/2013

Rainbow Express thread, Part the First:

by Anonymousreply 33803/15/2013

Rainbow Express thread, Part the Second

by Anonymousreply 33903/15/2013

No one can bond with the earth eating so much junk food, and it hurts me that The Land has to endure the pain of processed snacks being evacuated from obese women's colons.

Seriously, it's disrespectful to nature.

by Anonymousreply 34003/15/2013

[quote]Seriously, it's disrespectful to nature.

It's funny how some queens here can twist themselves into absurd pretzel shapes, even feigning wiccan beliefs, just to find a new way to hate on fat people.

Oh yes, it's all about THE LAND for you, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 34103/15/2013

I agree with you r340. The respect for nature that they so bitchily insist on seems to fly right out the window when it comes to eating well for their bodies. Maybe they feel bad about killing and eating Mother Earth's plants or some such bullshit. I remember on the Carnival Cruise thread someone had said that the Asians and vegans were the only ones that didn't have disgusting and huge smelly dumps. It would be horrible to be the porta-jane cleaners there. They have to take the sassy black womon screaming, "We took your shit, now take ours!" and other obnoxious stuff and then they literally have to take all their shit.

by Anonymousreply 34203/15/2013

[quote]The respect for nature that they so bitchily insist on seems to fly right out the window when it comes to eating well for their bodies. Maybe they feel bad about killing and eating Mother Earth's plants or some such bullshit.

I invite you to attend our Sacred Goddess Manure Circle Thursday night, just outside the DART tent. We shall scream with angry power as we fertilize the Land in unison with one Mother Bowel Movement.

by Anonymousreply 34303/15/2013

There really is an Artemis on the fest bb r343 and it cracks me up every time I see it. Oh and one of the fb posts says womb'n so I don't know if that is a dig at trans and is used to connote an actual WBW or if it's just a new way to say womon. I am a womon but would need someone to mansplain this to me because the vernacular changes way too much.

by Anonymousreply 34403/15/2013

r344, you are clever and funny & have what the old folks used to call 'a way with words.'

by Anonymousreply 34503/15/2013

Thank you r345.

I was just reading the Rainbow Express thread and saw one of Denise's pros for bus rental:

"you know just how much you will spend on the trip there & back leaving more ching ching in those cacky shorts & bills tucked in those sports bras...that didnt get hidden enough,leaving a sun line... (which reminds a sister its time for ice cream.... & you are paying)"

It actually took me a minute to figure out what "cacky" was..she would love cak and graxy.

by Anonymousreply 34603/15/2013

[quote] its time for ice cream.... & you are paying

No, Denise. No I'm not.

by Anonymousreply 34703/15/2013

Oh, I just saw this on the RE thread, it's a posting by Denise:

your post moved me because... im in Love with a Married womyn..who ive loved from afar since we were 5... we have shared breakfast club moments.... ever since grade school ,when i moved back to my home town in 2002... my at the time girlfriend... was going to a women's health center, so when i got sick i went there... i had gone for months... then one day all of a sudden....as i was waiting at the front desk .... around the corner came this 6 foot blond Amazon ... i remember the room spinning ,i all most hurled as my heart jumped out on to the floor of this health care center.... i truly felt like i was going to faint...we looked at each other & as she looked down at my 5 "1 self ...

she said DENISE... like in Grease ...the line .... Danny..... Sandy....

our eyes twinkled & our voices had that giddy sound as we spoke...over the years of courting this womyn...she's shared with me she reads my emails, listens to the music i send her... & loves my presents even enjoys my cooking ,i have even worked for her office many times thur out this odd courting of a married womyn..."

This has to be the womon that was referenced on FB and copied on r128. So she just wants the womon to come so she can hit on her and not because she thinks she would appreciate the land. Oh Denise, you're such a little pixie..

by Anonymousreply 34803/15/2013

Can someone explain "trigger warning?"

WTF is it "triggering?"

by Anonymousreply 34903/15/2013

r349 triggering is something (usually oenised) that leads the womyn to have flashbacks of past traumas. So if you were to bring an ipod with male singers to Michfest and played it at loud volumes you would be triggering the womyn who think they are finally in a safe zone. Or if you were to link to an article about happy marriage that had a picture of a man hugging and kissing a womon, you would have to first post a "trigger warning" because a picture that shows a man (unwantedly, no doubt) kissing a womon can hate-rape the systers.

by Anonymousreply 35003/15/2013

Oh my god, I just noticed this one from the RE thread and can't stop laughing:

"Body Painting happens daily in between the community center and crafts. under the tree near the green dumpsters, all are welcomed to come and get painted, or paint. There is always many canvas waiting! Maybe we can have a body-painting festival parade."

and someone on DL wrote this, "There is always many canvas waiting!" How true of life that is.

by Anonymousreply 35103/15/2013

Geez, I feel really bad for the sons of the wimmin. How can they reconcile having a pre-rapist son with their male-hate?

by Anonymousreply 35203/15/2013

[quote]The one chick only seemed to get excited and animated when hot dogs, ice cream bars and burritos were involved.

Triggers! Triggers!

by Anonymousreply 35303/15/2013

[quote] I looked at her Youtube account (Deltadyke)

Delta Dyke!

What's that flower in your bike!

Could it be a faded rose

From last year's Fest?

by Anonymousreply 35403/15/2013

Vera's story is horrifying yet hilarious in its indignation.

by Anonymousreply 35503/15/2013

It surely is.

And this is why I prefer the real thing over parody.

WAY funnier when it comes straight out of the womyns' mouths.

by Anonymousreply 35603/15/2013

A storm is coming! Batten down the snatches!

by Anonymousreply 35703/15/2013

Man I miss the old Michfest board. This one is SO slow and with so many less threads.

by Anonymousreply 35803/15/2013

Sorry to keep posting things from a previous thread but some of this is too much:

MasterAmazonWarrior says,

"Hhhmmmm I remember a time in the Twilight Zone when I had the privilege of fisting not one,but two women, and well,it took what time it took, and that seemed quite a while, at the minimum 15-20 minutes if not longer....with alot of sexy buildup and sensuality before and after.....and the roaring went on and on and on.....ummmhhhmmmm. It was timeless....and they sure got their Big O...and not from me alone either....what lucky women they were!"

Gross. Also, what a braggart. I wonder if she wore monogrammed sports bras at the next fest so the wimmin who had read of her prowess were able to easily spot her.

by Anonymousreply 35903/15/2013

"Womb-Words, Thirsting"???

GODDESS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 36003/15/2013

Poor Vera ...

[quote]We chatted for a little while longer about the workshops I went to. Like the time I talked to her on the phone, Denise changed the subject to my sexual interests. As she cut and chewed a bloody steak on her styrofoam plate, she asked me if there were any womyn at festival who I couldn't keep my eyes off of, or if I saw any sexy ladies who I couldn't stop thinking about. I told Denise I was straight, and tried to change the subject, not because I am ashamed at looking at womyn, but because Denise is twice my age, I barely know her, and she makes me uncomfortable in a way that a dirty, perverted old man makes me uncomfortable when prodding at my personal life. She is oppressive. When I was getting up to leave, she hugged me, and forced her lips on the side of my neck to kiss/suck at my skin. I back away and laughed awkwardly. She told me that she wished I was attracted to womyn so she can have a chance with me, and if I ever get that urge, I should call her up.

by Anonymousreply 36103/15/2013

omg. flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 36203/15/2013

I found it (finally) on the RE thread:

"i would say denise will be found at the lounge lizard camp site so if you would like a interview do stop by im sure she would be happy to help you with your blog of bull!!! you can also find her at day stage on the back by the trees on the left!!! if you do your work shift in recycling you will work long side her... so if you are brave enough to come chat with her please do...she also what each of you to know how Flattering it is to have a "Following" that means she is doing her job right...so as each of you poke fun of fest know that it's people like you who hold back the world from being & doing better...

if you are using michfest to blog bull then you dont understand the magic of the land!!!

as you park waiting in line for the gates to part,as you set up camp next to sister kin may you learn that the hate & harm these thread cause are just the lack in your own soul.

may your inner self be healed of all you own inner harm & hate & may the blogs of bull be removed from your soul as you feel the gifts of land...

so blessed be may your travel to land be safe & fun & may you learn sisterhood is fun.."

It wasn't signed by Denise but many people think it was her and everyone was cool to her and invited her to join in on DL and that she seemed like a fun person, etc (or ect as Denise would say) I hope whoever it was comes back.

by Anonymousreply 36303/15/2013

for sure that was her.

by Anonymousreply 36403/15/2013

I think so too r364. Here is another funny post from there:

"Friends, I'm reporting live from Brother Sun, where dozens of precious children are being held in concentration camp-like conditions for the ALLEGED crime of having a penis. As you can see, their tot moms have abandoned them here with nothing but a pottery wheel, a few frisbees, and a copy of the S.C.U.M. Manifesto..."

it's signed Nancy Grace

by Anonymousreply 36503/15/2013

Even when I was childless I found their 'no men on the land' (keeping male children apart from the group) hysteria offputting, so you can imagine how I feel about them now.

by Anonymousreply 36603/16/2013

Myspace! Not YourSpace!

by Anonymousreply 36703/16/2013

I bump this thread with angry power!

by Anonymousreply 36803/18/2013

"There was one nasty woman a few years ago who was so anti-man she didn't even approve of women working with men."

She sounds like some of the nasty queens on here.

by Anonymousreply 36903/18/2013

Bump for the patriarchal primetime finally being off.

by Anonymousreply 37003/18/2013

The biggest - shall we say BURNING - question on the minds of many:

Who will light the match to start the bonfire that burns all the Michelle Shocked CD's and cassettes?

by Anonymousreply 37103/18/2013

The "midway" parties sound as bad as the land itself:

"the importance of the events is really to have a gathering of womyn only space. you dont have to raise a bunch of money, when the important thing is to bring awareness to fest. I had only 2 performers - 2 comedians. we had nutloaf, drum circle,a raflle of michfest goodies. I gave away only 1 gift certificate. main thing is building awareness and getting womyn to go."

She made sure to tell the chick that it's womyn with a "Y". Why? What's the difference?

by Anonymousreply 37203/18/2013

The infamous Denise posted here? I had no idea, though I'm not sure how I missed it.

Did she ever get her business issues worked out with her "Rainbow Express" thing and/or her other money-making ventures around all-womyn events? As I recall she was buying weed and living off the money she ripped off from fest-goers.

by Anonymousreply 37303/18/2013

r373 Her venture is now called "Wimmin on Wheels" (not the mobility scooter kind) and she's still trying to make it happen. She just posted on the BB about how she dreams of getting more wimmin to the land..

by Anonymousreply 37403/18/2013

experience fest through your ears.

by Anonymousreply 37503/19/2013

I would love to find the cool dykes who bring burgers and hot dogs and just have fun. They must be there.

by Anonymousreply 37603/19/2013

I think they hang out in the Twilight Zone r376 and I bet they are fun, they bring hot dogs for everyone and probably get many dirty looks from the vegan and chem free crowd.

by Anonymousreply 37703/19/2013

If they also bring bourbon, it would be a lot more tolerable for me.

by Anonymousreply 37803/19/2013

The Twilight Zone people totally party. Upthread the one gal mentions how she fisted not one, but two ladies in the TZ at all hours of the night. But the only thing worse than camping would be camping with a severe hangover so you would have to be careful.

by Anonymousreply 37903/19/2013

I know a couple people who go (a few write blogs that have been linked to these threads) and they do just party and hang out, and listen to the music, and chill. I also know someone who goes early and helps build the stage, and she likes being out in the open in good weather, and making something that so many people enjoy.

Just like the rest of the internet, there are the crazy trolls, and the great majority who feel no need to comment.

by Anonymousreply 38003/19/2013

That all sounds fine, r380, but what about all the god-damned RULES and boundaries and womyn with issues?! It would drive me nuts within hours.

The idea that you can't listen to music that has an iota of male voice attched would make me itch to play some REM or Macklemore & Ryan in my tent.

by Anonymousreply 38103/19/2013

The stage building stuff looks fun though probably hard work. I would be down to get a no tan line tan and some exercise but the food just sounds so wretched..

by Anonymousreply 38203/19/2013

MANNA ON THE LAND!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 38303/19/2013

...did Michelle Shocked ever play at Michfest?

I would think yes.

by Anonymousreply 38403/21/2013

Bump womb'n..bump clams

by Anonymousreply 38503/21/2013

Oh dear. I believe this sob-story post is from the webmistress of the Michfest board herself:

or am I mistaken?

"Hi family. I have recovered from the task of producing the Midway Party and now face the next 135 days till fest. As many of you know, I have been living on the fringe for the last few years. Not able to make ends meet at all. I am hoping to refi the house and get some help, but times look grim. My saving grace through this stress is knowing I have a couple of weeks that I have been able to let it go and refresh my soul. My time on the land with a couple thousand of my closest friends. I turn to you for some help to make that happen again this year. Ideally I could find a couple of big jobs to help me keep somewhat afloat and to earn enough to get there and cover expenses while i am gone. Do you know of anyone that could use my skills? Any form of graphic or website design? Talk to me. I have generous payment plans and enough time to make the dream happen. If not.... can you help? I hate putting this out there but were it not for the generosity of my sisters I would not have been able to get there for the last few years. So here i am again, asking as humbly as possible... sister can you spare a dime? Paypal makes this relatively painless. My only hope is that someday this will all turn around for me and once again i can be on the giving end of these posts. PLease send woo, send luck, send help. Visualize me boarding the plane for my return to Briggadoon. Once there I will be happy as a clam to take you for the circle line tour around the land in Demming. Drving in circles at 5mph. You cannot imagine how happy this thought makes me. Love you all and hope to see you in August."

by Anonymousreply 38603/23/2013

p.s. What is "woo"?

I mean I get what it means in context, but where does that come from?

by Anonymousreply 38703/23/2013

R386 She has a couple thousand closest friends but no one will give her a job? What does that tell you. Sisterhood my ass.

by Anonymousreply 38803/23/2013

God I don't get why they seem to have such major fucking issues in saving up what probably amounts to 1500 dollars. Put away 100 and change a month..Jeez..That web design chick is always dropping hints about how she needs jobs, help, etc. I bet she's a real pain in the ass in person and probably won't be missed if she doesn't attend. And recovered from "producing the party"? Please, the one chick said all you have to do is have a drum circle and some nutloaf and a ticket raffle. At least Amy was good looking and probably put out. This one is tedious.

by Anonymousreply 38903/23/2013

Denise gives us her phone number.

by Anonymousreply 39003/23/2013

^ OMG, she's stoned as shit!

by Anonymousreply 39103/23/2013

Who will call Denise? Just pose as a fetching young syster who would love to get to the land but has limited resources..

by Anonymousreply 39203/23/2013

or drunk?

oh my. where is she filming that? inside a huge silver egg?

by Anonymousreply 39303/23/2013

I watched Denise's video without sound. Being stoned alone doesn't cause eyelid drooping like that. She's either drunk, too, or on something else.

by Anonymousreply 39403/23/2013

From the facebook page:

" I carry the sounds of Fest in my heart: the drums, the laughter, the music, the cheers, the soft sounds of lovemaking from tents and RVs, the giggles of Gaia Girls, and the comforting calls of "Man on the Land" warning me so I can choose to look away and avoid seeing what I don't wish to see. "

They really do shout man on the land! What dudes have the misfortune of having to go there, besides the jane cleaners? How do these chicks walk around in the world without the warnings so they can avoid looking at men? What exactly do the men on the land do that she needs to look away from? I doubt they walk around with their cocks swinging, except the trannies who supposedly do. I bet if these ladies buckled down at work and actually did shit instead of expecting to be traumatized at every turn, they might accomplish stuff and make the extra 1500 or so they need to get to the land and not have to beg for it.

by Anonymousreply 39503/23/2013

They say it so that women, who are topless or nude can cover up if they wish.

by Anonymousreply 39603/23/2013

Oh I get that the womyn want to cover themselves and I know why but I don't get why the one would have to look away. I see Ms. Vogel herself even posts on the fb page. I wonder if she still goes every year? She must have the primo camping spot there.

by Anonymousreply 39703/23/2013

It's always something like website design or graphic design or marketing writing. Shit that just requires a quick line and a slick attitude. Delivery of promises not included.

by Anonymousreply 39803/23/2013

but r398, many of these wimmin are differently abled. What else could they do for a living? And they have to work from home. Office environments can be toxic with the seemingly unregulated consumption of cilantro and peanuts and gluten.

by Anonymousreply 39903/23/2013

A clever DLer once wrote a parody post pretending to be a lesbian who'd fallen in love with a straight woman...longing glances and a totemic necklace were involved, it was so hilarious. Anyone remember this or have a link?

by Anonymousreply 40003/23/2013

I don't but I would love to see it r400. I imagine that Denise gets through her every night by imagining such a scenario will befall her on the land.

by Anonymousreply 40103/23/2013

I remember that posted on the MichFest board. It's posted in one of the old threads. My favorite part was where the love-struck lesbian was driving somewhere in the midwest and pulled up to a stoplight next to a mini van and recognized the woman in the passenger seat wearing the necklace. With her in the minivan? Husband and two or three kids.

by Anonymousreply 40203/23/2013

I actually saved the post that r400 is referring to. This was another gem from KeepItOnTheReal of "I am Telling You Now..." fame.

I don't think KIOTR was ever actually exposed as a parody poster, but who knows...

"My Defining Festival Experience I will say that her name was Liz. I met her in Crafts. I overheard her discussing a necklace that she liked. So I bought it for her. It was a Crescent Moon. So began the romance.

Three days. Passionate sex. We talked, but mostly about me. Little about her. It was her first fest. My second. She was from a small town in Minnesota. She said she had never felt more alive in her life. Never so free. She was older than me. In her late 30s. That Fest ended with a promise. We would exchange no contact information. Rather we would meet the following year at Fest and begin anew. Fest Magic. See You Next August. Tears.

The following year I looked for Liz, my heart overflowing with desire and excitement. But I did not find her. I wept.

The following year I looked for Liz, refusing to give up hope. But again, I did not find her. I wept.

Over the following year I tried to forget her. Her hair. Her smell. The way she laughed. It was late July and I was at my local Wal-Mart, picking up some last minute items for Fest. I was just about finished checking out when I heard a familiar voice. It was Liz.

My heart fluttered as I looked up and saw her standing only ten feet away. I opened my mouth to speak but could not make a sound. Suddenly, her eyes locked with mine and I felt overcome with emotion. I wanted to run to her, to embrace her, to tell her that I missed her. But something was wrong. She did not look happy. She looked alarmed at the sight of me.

And then I saw why. She was calling out to three children. Not young children either. Teenagers. Clearly her own. They joined her, as did a man - her husband, clearly, and they all hastily made their way out of the store. Overwhelmed, I staggered to my car, placed my purchases in the trunk and began the drive home.

A stoplight at a T-intersection. I look to my left. Liz is in the passenger seat of the minivan next to me. Her husband driving, her kids in the back. Her eyes are locked with mine. As my eyes begin to flood with tears, I notice that her hand is dangling from the car window. Hanging from her hand? The Crescent Moon necklace. The light turned green. They turned left and I turned right.

I have not seen Liz since. I will look for her again this year."

by Anonymousreply 40303/23/2013

Ha ha. Denise has been inviting her secret crush from grade school to the land for years. She claims it's because she knows how the land can open up wimmin's conscience and awaken them, blah, blah, but she has already proclaimed her unrequited love for this chick so we know the only thing she wants to open up are the womon's labial folds. Denise wrote a whole thing about how she wants to take the womon away from her rich but empty husband and life. They even had run in she likened to a seminal moment in "Grease", the greatest love story ever told.

by Anonymousreply 40403/23/2013

THANK YOU R403!

I'm weeping as I read.

by Anonymousreply 40503/23/2013

Oh my god, I am weeping too r403. That is so perfectly written.."she was older than me, late 30's" And the picture of the stricken woman at the Walmart and then later holding the fucking moon necklace that it draws..my god, this guy should write for the fest version of Forum. Well done, my friend, brava!

by Anonymousreply 40603/23/2013

In one of those strange occurrences when DataLounge favorites intersect in real life, Denise actually attended one of Lisa Whelchel's seminars when it came to her neck of the woods in Missouri. Anyone remember that? It seemed obvious that Denise had a crush on Lisa. She went up to her at a table where she was signing books or whatnot and gave her a CD of her favorite wimmin's music or something similar. I think she also tweeted Lisa.

by Anonymousreply 40703/23/2013

Yes r407, and Denise claimed that Lisa gave her a look of repressed lesbian longing. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 40803/23/2013

Yes, I remember that r407! I swear if there was a book compiled (with pictures like of Sara's vagina cape) from the stuff on our assorted fest threads, I would buy it right now! It's too much good stuff.

by Anonymousreply 40903/23/2013

I searched for her description here and on the MichFest board but, sadly, I couldn't find it. It seems like posts from years past are either gone or unsearchable.

Yes, R408, she did say that. Delusions of reference may be symptom of a few psychiatric diagnoses.

by Anonymousreply 41003/23/2013

I like the little foreshadowings in the story at r403:

"We talked, but mostly about me, little about her.."

And the whole thing about how much older Liz is..we must read between the lines on that one and realize that Liz is quite capable of hurting her. I want more.

by Anonymousreply 41103/23/2013

What does DART stand for?

by Anonymousreply 41203/23/2013

I think it's Differently Abled Resources Tent or Team. Something about being differently abled.

by Anonymousreply 41303/23/2013

Don't say "Different," R413. It wounds with the implication of not good enough. Now, leave while I use my inhaler due to the excitement.

by Anonymousreply 41403/23/2013

[quote]In one of those strange occurrences when DataLounge favorites intersect in real life, Denise actually attended one of Lisa Whelchel's seminars when it came to her neck of the woods in Missouri.

Oh, dear lord, how did I miss that?!

by Anonymousreply 41503/23/2013

There was a picture too r415. I didn't see it too long ago, the thread I mean, even though it's old I thought it was up in the last 6 months or so.

by Anonymousreply 41603/23/2013

I've tried to search for Denise's description of their meeting. I think it occurred before DL's old software purged all posts prior to some date in 2010.

I did find this, though.

by Anonymousreply 41703/23/2013

Aww, bless Denise's heart, does she think Lisa will listen to "a after dinner tune" posted by her? I like that those two are relativity close as far as we can see both of them with one click. Thanks r417.

by Anonymousreply 41803/23/2013

Oh, dear. Have you watched Denise's after dinner tune? It's called "Your Mama Scares Me" with a butch playing the banjo.

by Anonymousreply 41903/23/2013

Oh dear, the singer can't carry a tune!

by Anonymousreply 42003/23/2013

R419 Are we sure the one on the right isn't a penised person?

by Anonymousreply 42103/23/2013

I don't think Niecy has as big a problem with the penised as the other wimmin. She sure acts a lot like one at any rate.

by Anonymousreply 42203/23/2013

Sample lyric by the "comic" folksinger @ R419:

"She's got a turkey in her bouffant hair..."

Ah, Noel Coward lives!

by Anonymousreply 42303/23/2013

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 42403/24/2013

r24 = penised person who can never go to the land

by Anonymousreply 42503/24/2013

And woo was in our court because we hit almost 500 and it's only midway to michfest. Thanks, OP, woo to you.

by Anonymousreply 42603/24/2013

So sorry, I meant r424

by Anonymousreply 42703/24/2013

From the info part: " If you are lower income and need travel assistance, please note on your application if you would like a Womyn of Color Travel Fund application. These funds must be pre-arranged and applied for before you arrive, no later than the time of your confirmation."

Because Womyn of White can rob their Alzheimer's-afflicted fathers

by Anonymousreply 42803/24/2013

Wimmin Inborn To Caucasian Having Entities Supremely, or WITCHES as I like to call them certainly earn our money, did we not have said dad all our life? The money he gave to my syster is foolishly squandered on "bills" and the like. The land is worth so much more than my niece's insulin.

by Anonymousreply 42903/24/2013

Is the Land put to other use during the rest of the year? Are there any permanent structures or residents?

by Anonymousreply 43003/25/2013

From someone on the BB who works at a doctor's office I guess where many have STD's:

"Men are pigs. Lying, cheating pigs I re-discover this every single day at work when I meet their cheated-upon girlfriends."

On the land, nobody ever cheats on their girls...

by Anonymousreply 43103/26/2013

Balnoey

by Anonymousreply 43203/26/2013

As if lesbians don't cheat. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 43303/26/2013

Yum!!!! look who's catering the event! Ohio and Michigan are close enough to guarantee an unforgettable authentic olfactory experience.

by Anonymousreply 43403/26/2013

I've read this entire thread I swear but must have missed the part about stealing money from their father. what's that about>

by Anonymousreply 43503/26/2013

r435 The money stealing part is from a different thread called something like, "Found money, what should I do?" and talks about the woman OP who is helping her sister clean out their dementia suffering father's house. She thinks they are screwing her in the will and found an envelope with 1500 bucks in it and wants to keep it since she is getting the shaft. Some people opined that 1500 is exactly what one would need to get to the land and that woo is working for her. Something like that.

by Anonymousreply 43603/26/2013

Sadness. The Michfest forum is a mere shadow of its former self. Did they migrate someplace else?

by Anonymousreply 43703/26/2013

This is from the womon who begged for jobs and woo and donations to get to the land in r386:

"My tent needs to get from Berkeley to the land for crew.... she is squabbleing about disliking the handling done by airlines and is now afrad to fly. can you help?My arrival is the 31st of july"

Jeez, anything else we can do for you. Oh and maybe learn some spelling and punctuation if you want someone to give you some jobs.

by Anonymousreply 43803/26/2013

Wait, she is asking someone to DRIVE her tent from Berkeley to Michigan?

by Anonymousreply 43903/26/2013

That's what it sounds like, r439. She is no doubt flying on the donations of angels..

by Anonymousreply 44003/26/2013

that's asking a lot of the airplane engines!

by Anonymousreply 44103/26/2013

I personally know 7 different lesbians who have cheated. And no, I'm not a lesbian, I'm a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 44203/26/2013

I bet many wimmin cheat on the land r442. That's why it must wound to read about her hatred of cheating people. It's always a subtext in the posts that many may wish to go without their partners because they need time to themselves to rejuvenate and recharge..code for "bang someone who's not your partner" at least that's what it seems like. I would think I would not want my partner to go without me, especially when the whole message of posters like Denise is that she will be blood free while on the land. Why even bring that up?

by Anonymousreply 44303/26/2013

I don't know where all the good posts on the BB are but I found this from Rose in another thread:

"Sometimes The Beatles are just what you need. The Mac is slow and the fix is time consuming. Take the Steve Jobs. More pieces of fallen white birch to decorate my cave, my bedroom, where the books and sometimes peace live. We all strive to to thrive, I limp. Don't wanna get bogged down in the negative. My goal is to submit something to The Sun. Taking a train, my preferred way to travel. The happy sway and constant delays. We all relax and get a drink from the bar. I have a scooter like an old person, but more like a younger person with a temp gimpness. All hail destroyed knees. Keyboard keeps putting x's in the words. My daughter rages in the next room and I am beyond mourning. Almost 8 and still harming us physically. Herself too. Nothing helps. Therapy? Money and money and no relief. We are held captive by a disturbed child. But she is fine at school. It is just us she tortures. The broken mirrors. So many years bad luck."

by Anonymousreply 44403/26/2013

There's now a -- gasp -- beauty salon on The Land called In the Bush Spa. How patriarchal!

by Anonymousreply 44503/26/2013

And they do that fucking tacky applique shit on nails..how patriarchal. Why not just wear a clear coat of polish, systren? The man is keeping you down with this ornamentation.

by Anonymousreply 44603/26/2013

Ornamentation isn't patriarchal when it's not done for the male gaze, or if it will never be seen by male eyes! Betcha the wommyn remove their manicures before leaving The Land.

by Anonymousreply 44703/26/2013

True point r447. They probably do.

by Anonymousreply 44803/26/2013

Is there really a lot of sex happening at Michfest, outside of the Twilight Zone kink events? Most of the womyn, with the possible exception of Denise, just seem way too uptight for it judging from the way they talk.

by Anonymousreply 44903/26/2013

I sure hope so r449 because I can not imagine putting up with the food and the rules and the million little hate rapes without some kind of payoff.

by Anonymousreply 45003/26/2013

This was on a prior thread from the BB:

"While I've never had anyone steal anything at Barter Mart(at least I don't think I have---I don't watch my stuff too closely) I have run across people selling instead of bartering every year. Almost every time it has been someone well known at fest or a vendor at fest. I've suggested on my feedback form that fest has a workshift that consists of walking around Barter Mart and checking up on these things. That way the people who are trying to sell would be discouraged from doing so, and those who are stealing would probably also be discouraged"

No shit people are selling when they aren't supposed to. That place is a womon capitalist's dream come true. I imagine the vendors who appear to be sympathetic to the cause laugh their asses off all the way to the bank!

by Anonymousreply 45103/26/2013

[quote]"While I've never had anyone steal anything at Barter Mart(at least I don't think I have---I don't watch my stuff too closely) I have run across people selling instead of bartering every year. Almost every time it has been someone well known at fest or a vendor at fest. I've suggested on my feedback form that fest has a workshift that consists of walking around Barter Mart and checking up on these things. That way the people who are trying to sell would be discouraged from doing so, and those who are stealing would probably also be discouraged"

Classic MichFest. "There are rules and people are not obeying them! People have to obey the rules! Rules, rules, rules! We need more people policing one another to make sure people follow the rules!"

Inside every Michfest lesbian seems to be a Soviet commissar screaming to get out.

by Anonymousreply 45203/26/2013

Well our motto is "will additional rules and regulations be necessary?" and we try to keep to it, dammit. It's why sell planners every year. The calendar stays the same but the rules are always changin'.

by Anonymousreply 45303/26/2013

The one chick who was quoted awhile back on here is still begging for jobs, money, and woo to get to land now has her enforcer posting for her:

"There are a lot of folks in need, wanting to get to the Land. I help when I can, I wish I could help them all. But THIS woman, our own Lucille Design, she deserves to receive the support of every single woman who posts on the Board. Whether you currently are a presence on the Board or even if the Board was the springboard that got you launched into other social networking with Festies, take a few moments now to send her a little something, even if you can't afford much."

Uh, how about fuck you? If this chick can't get her shit together and raise 1200 then I guess she's screwed. She's the one who is also asking someone to drive her gear from SF up to Michigan since she is flying. NIce to see them guilt tripping their systren.

by Anonymousreply 45403/31/2013

good lord.

by Anonymousreply 45503/31/2013

Jesus, all these years and until this morning I thought Michfest was something DL made up! Holy shit - it's actually real!

by Anonymousreply 45603/31/2013

r456---Even the clever and wacky posters on DL couldn't make up something like "Michfest".

by Anonymousreply 45703/31/2013

R457. Manatees On The Land made me laugh. Great name for a band

by Anonymousreply 45803/31/2013

Judging by the pics of most of the wymyn at Michfest, "manatees on the land" seems a bit apropos.

by Anonymousreply 45903/31/2013

No vegetarian, fire pit cooked, earth spiced meals for you!

by Anonymousreply 46003/31/2013

This whole thread wounds and hurts more than my fibromyalgia.

by Anonymousreply 46103/31/2013

Have we considered sending a tranny to infiltrate and give first hand accounts? Or would the tranny just be too obvious as they would be the most feminine person there?

by Anonymousreply 46203/31/2013

You know, R462, I suspect the off-season arguments over Michfest are more amusing than the festival itself.

by Anonymousreply 46303/31/2013

Probably so. I am curious though. For some reason when I look at the photos I convinced it would smell like BO and burnt food

by Anonymousreply 46403/31/2013

I think you are probably right r464. And it's a chem-free space for the most part so no lilting bug spray scent to cover up the stench.

by Anonymousreply 46503/31/2013

And it's about time they dealt with autism and other "neuro divergent issues on the land:

I've decided I am definitely going to host a workshop this year as a "meet-up" for Autistic womyn and other neurodivergent womyn (ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder, Dyspraxia, etc) who attend Fest. We could also possibly discuss making the Land more accessible, tips on navigating the social landscape, how to deal with sensory issues while camping, and so forth. This workshop meetup will be for/by/about adult neurodivergent womyn and neurodivergent older teens, but allies (including womyn with neurodivergent children) will be welcome as well.

As many of you may already know, I am Autistic myself, and this will be my third time on the land. My first time, in 2010, I talked with another neurodivergent womon whose name I have sadly forgotten about doing a workshop of this type.

In any case, one of the biggest reasons this thread is here is so I can ask all womyn interested in attending what a good time to schedule the workshop would be. I'm also considering applying for it to be held two times, in case of scheduling conflicts.

So, lovely womyn- what times work best for YOU? Anything else you want to add?

by Anonymousreply 46604/03/2013

Yeast infection= accommodating of the fungal "other"

Blind= anti-optic-centric

Sleep apnea= respiratorially divergent

Cancer= embracing the non-traditionally differentiated

by Anonymousreply 46704/03/2013

How much more accessible can it be for Christ's sake? It's already a haven for the large and breath deprived. How does it fuck up the Autistic? I am really curious to see what this womon's suggestions could be after the fest.

by Anonymousreply 46804/03/2013

I was just thinking there must be a hole in the ozone layer above the land from all the legumes and nuts consumed. Then again, it's a great opportunity for a workshop for womyn of divergent intestines.

by Anonymousreply 46904/03/2013

R469 I'll be there!

by Anonymousreply 47004/03/2013

Mental note: don't set up camp downwind from Ina!

by Anonymousreply 47104/03/2013

R471 And no open flames!

by Anonymousreply 47204/03/2013

Ruh-Roh!

Indigo Girls come out in support of transwomen!

What will the diehard Michfesters think??

by Anonymousreply 47304/05/2013

"I don't respect anybodee not respecting the intention of festival how dare you use fest like this to make demands.....I don't like your music now dang it all."

by Anonymousreply 47404/05/2013

"Amy and Emily, Your music has been the soundtrack to my life for so many years, I can't imagine a situation without you. I was ecstatic to find out you were playing Michfest this year since I missed 2010 recovering from surgery. It saddens me deeply that you seem to care more for the issues of trans women than female born women. I have asked and it seems that Michfest is the last remaining festival of its kind. I'm not sure how anyone equates separate space with phobic space. The two are not the same. The reason for separate space is to have one week, a departure from patriarchy and everything associated with it - male bodies, male voices, male experiences, male privilege. Trans womens' experiences are not more important than ours. They are not less important. They are different. We as female born, need one week. Just one week. Why is that too much to ask in this world?

I will with extremely deep sadness NOT be attending your performance at Michfest. I can not subject myself to whatever political statement you intend to make. I think it is highly disrespectful that you would agree to play the festival, KNOWING the intention, then use the stage to promote your own political agenda, and then donate money that FESTIES PAID, to trans activism. I am outraged at this.

Of course you are entitled to your beliefs and opinions, but I'm appalled at the way you are handling this.

I will always love your music, but it will never be the same to me as you have put a scar on the sacred land I love."

by Anonymousreply 47504/05/2013

AND:

"Though I totally support the Trans community, whether it be MTF or FTM, the fact remains that personal history does not change. THere is something unique about being born AND raised as a womyn. The MTF's unfortunately have not had this benefit and for that my heart weeps for them. However, they know full well that this Land and Space was created for WBW. The fact that the MTF's are so hell bent on being included shows the difference in us as a group. The majority have lived as men and as men had an advantage in so many aspects. I as a WBW am feeling bullied by this group to allow their presence at Fest. They should creat their own Space. I have attended Women Only Events in the past to have my Peace 'jolted' (for lack of a better word) by an MTF who still had a deep male voice BELLOW across a crowded room. It was not good and it brought me out of my lovely space and nirvana I had been enjoying."

by Anonymousreply 47604/05/2013

"I have an idea, sisters. I'd like you all to think about it and let me know your thoughts on this. I am terribly upset by this email from IG as are so many others. I would like to turn this into a positive. Rather than focusing on the negativity of it- let's have a candle light vigil (or whatever you want to call it) during their concert- say in the meditation circle or some other space that you all think of as spiritual and positive. We can dedicate that time to strengthening the intention of Festival."

by Anonymousreply 47704/06/2013

And this womyn is too worked up to mess with paragraph breaks:

"Your statement is incredibly inaccurate as to what has been going at the festival itself. 9 years crewing and this is what i personally have seen: vandalism, personal property damage, theft by people trespassing on to the festival property without purchasing a wrist ticket coming down from CT, intentional baiting of workers/womyn attending trying to cause an "incident" which could then be used for propaganda, threats against craftswomyn of boycotts -which is fine- and personal/property damage -which is not, physical threats to people not even attending the festival who had been called to help womyn with car troubles out on the county road, intentional disruptions of community conversations between wbw on issues they want and need to have only amongst themselves for the purposes of devaluing their needs/experiences and impeding their abilities to form social connections, the disruption of a wonderfully comfortable community for butch womyn into yet another status quo space where they get their "femaleness" questioned, the hypocritical argument that "we need our space and social recognition but you don't, and if you don't agree to our demands we will try to bully you into conforming or put you out of business (oh yes, and of course we're doing this for your own uneducated/fearful good; and our intolerance of your expressed needs FOR ONE WEEK is coming out of a place of compassion.)", womyn for whom this festival is actually intended being harassed and harangued on the property for their integrity and views, sexually threatening behavior by folks with male genitals exposing themselves in a space clearly designed to give wbw and girls a safe and mentally relaxing physical environment - all of this coming from some folks who would like to see the intention changed.To suggest that the agro is coming exclusively or primarily from the wbw supports is just flat out incorrect. And womyn need to stand up for their rights and space just like trans folk do all the time. You want bravery and integrity, also look at the womyn and girls who on their VACATIONS show up to support The Michigan Womyns Music Festival because they value its unique and important environment and want to see other wbw and girls have the same empowering opportunity for that experience even though they know they stand to be harassed and perhaps otherwise mentally vexed at sometime while there. And if you want to have a more helpful dialogue about the intention and whether-or-not to change it, you should be far more accurate about what is going on with the behaviors of all those involved. As well as broaden the conversation as to what is going on medically/socially with all this attention to transitioning and trans folks rights as it specifically applies to the lives of girls, womyn and homosexual womyn. As for speaking about this issue from the stage, I seriously hope gals in the crowd speak very loudly back. Everyone knows that the festival is meant for wbw and those womyn have spent their hard earned dollars and gave of other resources to get there. If you feel the need to speak out from the stage, they sure shouldn't be a captive audience. And, frankly, as professionals i think that if you want to speak publicly about this at the festival you should take the time to do it in a fair public forum, not from the Night Stage, especially since some womyn will now feel the need to boycott your show that night, and those womyn have not only been your loyal fans all these years but are often utterly supportive of trans folks rights (though they differ with you as to their societal/community responsibilities to some measure) and are actually who this Festival is intended for, which you knew perfectly well when you agreed to perform (and before you perhaps decided to cave into pressure. Again, in the name for accuracy you could at least acknowledge in your public statement that if you don't come out against the festival's wbw intentions just how much you will be hounded, your bookings threatened and how vilifi

by Anonymousreply 47804/06/2013

I just wonder about the dyke on tampon confiscation duty mentioned upthread.

Who appointed her and determined she had authority over her systers? Does she just sit there, on standby, like a fireman in the Michfest version of a firehouse? Are there tampon alarm boxes all over the property (like fire alarms) so that when a womon sees a syster with a tamp she sounds the alarm, and the confiscatress comes running?

Is the perpetrator then placed under some sort of Michfest House Arrest? Has there been a womon who resisted having her tamps taken? Was this confrontation caught on video? How are the confiscated tamps disposed of so they don't poison The Land?

I have more questions than answers.

by Anonymousreply 47904/06/2013

...pack 'em in, pack 'em out.

by Anonymousreply 48004/06/2013

Change.org has a petition that is calling for transwomen to be included at Michfest.

I think the anti trans, only WBW holdouts are in the minority.

by Anonymousreply 48104/06/2013

Yes, a small core group of elder-dykes.

by Anonymousreply 48204/06/2013

"Being born with a vagina in a patriarchy is not arbitrary. And no matter how much anyone wants it to be so a refrigerator is not a Ferrari and a penis is not a vagina. Long live WBW space and the Womyn who fight and die to maintain it. You can relegate us to dirt under the heels of the patriarchy as even our sisters are doing and still we will rise. rise amazon Womyn RiSE!!!"

by Anonymousreply 48304/06/2013

For me, this is the most fascinating thread on DL. I can't figure out why. It has been a learning experience. If I could wish for one thing to happen today on DL it would be that all of the "real" posts suddenly turn blue. Some of the satirical posts are so good I'm having trouble picking them out!

by Anonymousreply 48404/07/2013

RED! I don't know why I didn't say Red.

by Anonymousreply 48604/07/2013

Denise then steps into the fb fracas to diffuse and distract:

"for those who are stressed over our yearly issues take a moment to remember the sounds of the land & the Power the land brings to our hearts & why we make the trek to Hart... to Our Tribe of Wimmin may the Blessings of Womyn's Culture gather together,hearing the sounds of michfest as We Bond Weaving womon pride Hartland wide..."

Stop cockblocking me, wenches!

by Anonymousreply 48804/08/2013

The Indigo Girls' petition is only 144 votes away from being something. What happens when the goal is reached?

by Anonymousreply 48904/08/2013

Uh, I think we know the answer to that r489. Additional rules and regulations WILL be necessary.

by Anonymousreply 49004/08/2013

R485, R486, "Red" is also associated with Communism, and the blood of those unfortunate enough to have lived under extreme tyranny from penised persons, who have dared to exert control over our reproductive rights. Perhaps we should look to a new color of "fuschia" which could be renamed "syster power." We should honor our new strengths apart from the chains and ties of the penised persons who dominated our past.

by Anonymousreply 49104/08/2013

daqmn

by Anonymousreply 49204/08/2013

DAMMIT! I can't tell if 491 is a real michfest person or not, proving my earlier point. ;-) Would a nice earth tone brown work?

by Anonymousreply 49304/08/2013

[quote]I will always love your music, but it will never be the same to me as you have put a scar on the sacred land I love."

What is the lesbian separatist equivalent of MARY! ?

by Anonymousreply 49404/08/2013

BARRY!

by Anonymousreply 49504/08/2013

What's a petition going to accomplish R481? It's a private arrangement, isn't it?

Honestly, I have nothing against trans-people but the idea that men who have not had bottom surgery want strut around and pretend that their penis is 100% woman at something like Michfest is infuriating. They also want access to womens locker rooms. Some of them identify as "lesbians" and want lesbians to get down with their cock, and then they turn around and call us "discriminating" if we say no thanks.

Well, no thanks, and keep your cock away from me.

by Anonymousreply 49704/08/2013

Good question, r496!

by Anonymousreply 49804/08/2013

r496 and r498 Oh come one, surely you guys know by now that the responses were rude and condescending. "We've done it this way forever, don't think you can come in and change it and life is unfair, it's not fair we don't have penised privilege but we don't and they don't have our privilege of being WBW and so can't go.." Stuff like that, of course. You can't win over someone so pissed with a rational argument.

by Anonymousreply 49904/08/2013

[quote]Some of them identify as "lesbians" and want lesbians to get down with their cock, and then they turn around and call us "discriminating" if we say no thanks.

This isn't about your dating life, Marty.

by Anonymousreply 50004/08/2013

Here is the inclusion womon telling Snow why it gets ugly at fest:

"Snow Womon -- why do you think "it just gets so ugly every single year?" Just wondering if you've considered the fact that it's the MWMF that causes the ugliness, not the people who try to explain that transwomen are women and should be included, not excluded. Seems like it's the exclusionists who are ugly. Seems obvious, actually."

Bless her heart, she will be shot down by 3 weak arguments but she still tries.

by Anonymousreply 50104/08/2013

Isn't it, R500? MichFest seems to involve a lot of hooking up. Who do these "women" imagine are going to want to hook up with them there?

by Anonymousreply 50204/08/2013

You can blame Camp Trans for many things, but if butch wimmin have their genitalia questioned, they have only themselves to blame. This was always a reality on The Land with men being banned.

by Anonymousreply 50304/08/2013

Right. If you are often mistakenly called "sir" in your everyday life, you might have to face the fact that you have only yourself to blame...

by Anonymousreply 50404/08/2013

Wasn't there a controversy about butch lesbians bringing dildos onto the land? Not only using them, but wearing them inside their pants during the Butch Strut? Somehow, they (butches) prevailed.

by Anonymousreply 50504/08/2013

That's why the exclusion is so silly. The wimmin admit that they are screwed in that the trans weren't born wimmin, but shit, at least they try. They go through a lot to try and be wimmin. Then the butchy ones who wish they were men display their penis envy with socks and dildoes but it's ok for them because they are really wimmin, even though they don't want to be. Clearly these butch chicks are there to score and that is all. They have a captive audience to hit on and they love it. I doubt they go to the breastcasting and amazon warrior workshops so it's like a big singles bar to them. I bet the trans chicks eat up all the workshops..it's just screwy.

by Anonymousreply 50604/08/2013

Yes, many womyn were offended. I an no fan of dildos myself, but meh.

by Anonymousreply 50704/08/2013

When I said "they have only themselves to blame" I didn't mean the butchies, I meant Fest, which has always banned man and therefore created issues for some wimmin who want to enforce that policy and also who may be triggered by butchies.

by Anonymousreply 50804/08/2013

[quote]ichFest seems to involve a lot of hooking up. Who do these "women" imagine are going to want to hook up with them there?

So it's all about providing an optimal mating pool for you, is that what you're saying? What hair color do you prefer? Because we can weed out the ones you don't like for you.

Fascist.

by Anonymousreply 50904/08/2013

Why do they like imitating men when they're on te land. This pic is kind of ridiculous/

by Anonymousreply 51004/08/2013

R510 - OH MY GOD AND BLACK JESUS - that is well and truly shocking/hypocritical

by Anonymousreply 51104/08/2013

oh, r510. that pic is more than ridiculous. it's depressing.

by Anonymousreply 51204/08/2013

and this is even worse.

by Anonymousreply 51304/08/2013

I failed to notice the bare tit in the left-hand corner before I posted.

by Anonymousreply 51404/08/2013

R513 - that is disturbing

R514 - the tit made the photo.

by Anonymousreply 51504/08/2013

Right. Because not being down to suck tranny cock is TOTALLY the same thing as having a preference for one hair colour or the other, R509.

Point is, once the owners of these 100% woman penises are there they'll expect the women to fuck them, lesbian or not, just like men do in the outside World.

I have no problem with transexuals who have had surgery being there, but I doubt that's even an issue because how would anyone know? Unless they insist on calling attention to themselves as transsexuals, in which case they have no desire to be women anyway.

by Anonymousreply 51604/08/2013

Can anything symbolize the patriarchal hegemony more than butch lesbians imitating it on the FUCKING LAND, of all places?

by Anonymousreply 51704/08/2013

great point, r517. holy crap.

by Anonymousreply 51804/08/2013

in other news, poor denise.

her long post about bleeding on the land has not garnered a single response, despite being read over 250 times...

by Anonymousreply 51904/08/2013

Why do I think her discharge would smell like three day old tacos, sourdough bread and falafels?

by Anonymousreply 52004/08/2013

I am surprised that Hot Topic sells such big school girl costumes.

by Anonymousreply 52104/08/2013

Speaking of...I wonder how many will be wearing the "manatee grey" item from Target?

by Anonymousreply 52204/08/2013

r496 and r498 :

"Additionally, there is a culture, a tradition, an education, healing and learning that comes with a Womyn born Womyn space. This doesn't exist anywhere else. We should toss this entire format, let it die into herstory because the younger generation wants to play their way? Listen to your older sisters. We're providing you with something special. Something unique. You CANNOT get it anywhere else. Stop trying to change things to YOUR desires and accept the wisdom of your older sisters. Honor, respect and carry on this tradition. You can have your inclusive woman thing anywhere you want but here."

that's the herstory of what the detractors say.

by Anonymousreply 52304/08/2013

It's laughable that such a weak argument is given, no guy in their right mind would want to infiltrate the land:

" So I HAVE to see dicks and I HAVE to trust that male identified men lying about being women will not push their way in, and I HAVE to change my desire for tradition and I HAVE to ... blah blah blah because YOU WANT. What an ego."

by Anonymousreply 52404/08/2013

Jesus Christ, they write as though they live on Paradise Island.

Where's Hippolyte?

by Anonymousreply 52504/08/2013

Abby hits back:

"Hmmmm.... "get your own space." Sounds like get my own water fountain to me. Would you be just fine with a festival for Whites only, Ty? Something tells me you wouldn't. And how dare YOU -- talk about "dicks" and "male energy." Have you ever even MET a transwoman???? I't very clear you don't KNOW any, or you'd know that YOU easily have more "male energy" than many transwomen you'd ever know. And how DARE you talk about "men, dicks" and such when you are talking about WOMEN. How, Ty, do I know you're not a hermaphrodite with a dick as well as a vagina and breasts???? Are you made to lift your proverbial skirt when you enter the hallowed gates of the MWMF? At least get some education and know the facts you choose to ignore before you spout your bone-headed bile. You are an indefinsible hypocrite who spews hate from ignorance. No better than a vitriolic homophobe. Don't try to kid yourself -- you are fooling no one else. You are a prejudiced, bigoted, exclusionist, elitist jerk. And you are more of a dick than any man I know."

She probably would be fine with a festival for whites only.

by Anonymousreply 52604/08/2013

Her point is exactly the opposite, unless by "she" you mean the woman abby is addressing?

by Anonymousreply 52704/09/2013

r527 Sorry, yes, I meant Ty, the woman she was talking to. I guess the Indigo Girls are getting a lot of shit on their fb page about playing on the land. That's pretty much all they are talking about over there. I guess that at least Ty speaks her mind and lets it be known how she feels. Everyone else is highly indignant about the trans exclusion yet someone wants it to happen or it wouldn't be.

by Anonymousreply 52804/10/2013

What's the problem with the pic's at 510 & 513?

Who cares what "drag" anyone decides to wear for whatever reason? Next you'll be wanting to regulate haircuts.

by Anonymousreply 52904/10/2013

Do you not see how hypocritical it is to ban anything that even has a smidge of "male" from the land (including censoring peoples' ipods from playing any music with a male voice), while aping male stereotypes like scoutmaster and boy scout and dressing in drag like that, r529?

by Anonymousreply 53004/10/2013

p.s. yes, I would regulate that no human being should be allowed to wear a mullet, r529.

by Anonymousreply 53104/10/2013

Is there an age limit to entering the fest? I wonder how many underaged girls are RAPED there every year? The police should just raid the damned place....we all know how huge a drug culture is there.

by Anonymousreply 53304/10/2013

Clue for R530: drag queens aren't [italic]really[/italic] women.

I find Michfesters' anti-male hysteria ridiculous but drag is drag: a butch dyke dressing up as a football jock or a boy scout is not someone genuflecting at the altar of Patriarchy.

In the words of Foghorn Leghorn, "It's a joke, son."

by Anonymousreply 53504/10/2013

No -- the joke's on you, r535. They do not see it as a joke.

by Anonymousreply 53604/10/2013

Sorry r540 but I can't take anything from GenderTrender seriously. Those chicks are rabid about anything male or trans and have no objectivity at all. They are as unbiased as Jodi Arias' dykey DV expert.

by Anonymousreply 54104/10/2013

[quote]a butch dyke dressing up as a football jock or a boy scout is not someone genuflecting at the altar of Patriarchy.

Please explain. Are they mocking the patriarchy or are they externalizing their aspiration/desire to look like, feel like, and be men?

by Anonymousreply 54204/10/2013

R542 - clearly the latter.

by Anonymousreply 54304/10/2013

[quote]Transwomen are MEN. Pervy straight men who should get their own thing.

So articulate.

by Anonymousreply 54404/10/2013

r540 has quite a bone to pick!

by Anonymousreply 54504/10/2013

Finally, after all these years we have a Michtroll.

by Anonymousreply 54804/10/2013

Yes and that Jon Benet freak John Mark Karr or whatever his name is, is also transitioning. I don't think it means that all trans people are perverted freaks. There are good and bad as there are in every set. The point is, the people that do things like that are probably not people who would want to go to Michfest to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 55704/10/2013

And your continued RANTINGS, R558, prove what type of a LOON you are.

by Anonymousreply 55904/10/2013

We have a Michbot!

by Anonymousreply 56004/10/2013

I suspect one of their motivations is upsetting the apple cart in order to get under the skin of folks like you, R561. They've been incredibly successful, haven't they? Your reactions are pretty Pavlovian and amusing. I don't think it's lost on them.

by Anonymousreply 56304/10/2013

I don't know why the trans women want to go there either, it doesn't evoke a warm feeling in me at all. Reading Beulah Ballbricker's threatening post about how if you dare to put a fucking tent near hers she will hurl it into the woods doesn't make me feel real safe or wanted. I'm sure dirty looks abound out in the Twilight Zone because the newbies just don't get it. Countless ipods must be smashed because someone didn't scrub them well enough before they came to the land. Meanwhile, the Vogel chick is getting rich on all of this. She has unpaid people do all the work in the name of community building and then charges them to come and work some more. Oh and if you all take such offense to trans inclusion, take it up with her, she's the one who hired the enemy Indigo Girls to play there. Probably because making money is the bottom line here.

by Anonymousreply 56504/10/2013

So you're a victim then, R564?

by Anonymousreply 56604/10/2013

The fact that the "lesbians" at the link in R561 try to pass as women is laughable - especially the one with the goatee. What the fuck?

As a lesbian who is only interested in feminine women I'd much sooner be with a stone butch than one of those hags.

Clearly it's not an issue of all transwomen not being accepted at MichFest. It's an issue of men parading as women with their dicks intact and demanding access to female spaces so they can shove those dicks in the faces of the last people on earth who would want to see them - including 4 year old girls.

by Anonymousreply 56704/10/2013

Then I'm sure you will have noticed that there's more than one "Michbot", dearie.

by Anonymousreply 56904/10/2013

This thread is useless without an illustrated guide map.

I can't tell who's the bad persyn.

by Anonymousreply 57004/10/2013

[quote] 0.4. a trans woman’s erection is noticed at a party in the Zone

I'm sure it was just a very large clitoris.

by Anonymousreply 57104/10/2013

Was Lilith Fair this fraught?

by Anonymousreply 57204/10/2013

[quote] so they can shove those dicks in the faces of the last people on earth who would want to see them - including 4 year old girls.

So now they're [italic]pedophiles[/italic], too?

by Anonymousreply 57304/10/2013

R573, I was referencing an incident described in the link at R561.

by Anonymousreply 57404/10/2013

How many of the occupants of Camp Trans actually want to attend Michfest, and how many are just angry at being included?

If they're actually committing sabotage, then they can go to hell in my book. Getting enraged and lashing out when the women fail to support you is straight male behavior. No, they'll be ready for Michfest when they can react to disappointment with ranting, active non-violent protest, and endless passive-aggressiveness. That's the wimmin's way!

by Anonymousreply 57504/11/2013

zzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 57604/11/2013

This thread was interesting before the WBW nazis and trans dicussion took over. Can we go back to the old discussions of scooters, CPAP machines, crap food, etc?

by Anonymousreply 57704/11/2013

Squirrels with dildos=death.

by Anonymousreply 57804/11/2013

Yes, please let's get back to the fun stuff. It's been on primetime so I haven't been able to post. Interestingly enough, neither has the anti trans troll. I guess keeping the intention pure is important, but not important enough to fucking shell out the amount you would normally spend on Fuzzy Nipples. Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 57904/11/2013

GOD this "intention-speak" irks me no end!

by Anonymousreply 58004/11/2013

How do these extreme femiNazis manage their day-to-day lives in such a limited world?

by Anonymousreply 58204/11/2013

Good question r582 and I bet the answer is even more disturbing than we think. Since I was singled out and called a "funfem" whatever that means, I am pretty pissed at these chicks ( the word chicks was meant annoy, hope it does) I try and make a mark wherever I go about womon power. I bet these fat frumps are gazing at their bosses everyday with hate in their eyes but meanwhile, if given the chance, they would hook up with him. And one week out of every year they get to blow it off which leads me to believe they live like fucking doormats the rest of the year.

by Anonymousreply 58304/11/2013

[quote]I was singled out and called a "funfem" whatever that means

I think it's pretty obvious what it means. That you've occasionally had fun makes you the enemy.

by Anonymousreply 58404/11/2013

I have decided to recruit two straight women that I know to infiltrate the land and film/photograph the adventure for a mini-documentary to relieve all of our curiosities. They are down with the plan if I will pay for them to get there, etc. I'm so very tempted.

by Anonymousreply 58504/11/2013

R583 doesn't sound like he/she knows how to have fun, her whole post reeks of victim mentality.

She was singled out, do you hear? Singled out and called "Funfem"!! The injustice!!

by Anonymousreply 58604/11/2013

I made these for MichFest but they were confiscated.

by Anonymousreply 58704/11/2013

hey r586, I resent that. I was singled out and called funfem on this thread by someone who has a total hard-on about my being pro trans inclusion. She called me funfem after several posting that I wrote about how someone would have to be blind and crazy to get a sex change strictly to gape at naked fest chicks. I wouldn't classify myself as that, but then I seldom have time to classify myself, period. I am too busy being how and getting laid by dudes.

by Anonymousreply 58804/11/2013

It's perfect that this thread will top out at 600 with a pedantic brawl. Out with a whimper and all.

by Anonymousreply 58904/11/2013

no need for a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 59004/13/2013

Remember, it is important not to use flash photography as it may ander the lesbians. This could result in a new thread being posted.``

by Anonymousreply 59104/13/2013

I'd take being called "funfem" as a badge of honor.

...and "if I can't dance, I don't want your revolution."

by Anonymousreply 59204/15/2013

that forum is SOOOO slow.

by Anonymousreply 59305/09/2013

I think they've all moved over to Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 59405/09/2013

Boy, this thread went downhill faster than a fat trans on a greased tobaggan.

by Anonymousreply 59505/09/2013

f

by Anonymousreply 59606/07/2013

Today on Facebook, the band BETTY posted a picture of their first appearance at MichFest. (I remember seeing them not long after and they had some funny bits about the experience.) One of their fans added this to the thread about their picture and it seems like something DL would make up:

"Leenie Beenie: I just love you guys so much!! I applied to play this year and on the way to put my application in the post, I broke my neck! So I am healing and practicing and will apply next year!"

by Anonymousreply 59702/28/2014

Oh, cheers. I knew there was something telling me to get on DL today--it was the spirit of Nan blowing in my ear.

by Anonymousreply 59802/28/2014
Need more help? Click Here.