Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

David Bowie's New Songs

He's released two new songs from his upcoming album. What's your opinion of them? IMO, he sounds so bored and weak in them.

by Anonymousreply 4503/14/2013

The songs are forgettable.

Does he need money?

by Anonymousreply 102/27/2013

He sounds like he recorded his dead vocals 20 feet from the mic.

by Anonymousreply 202/27/2013

Yeah, he probably needs the money.

by Anonymousreply 302/27/2013

He doesn't need the money, you stupid cunts.

But, yes, the first two songs are both disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 402/27/2013

Maybe he lost a shitload of money in the crash

by Anonymousreply 502/27/2013

I think Iman is making the money in that family now. Her shmattas for fraus are a huge seller on HSN.

by Anonymousreply 602/27/2013

He owns his back catalog. He's not broke.

by Anonymousreply 702/27/2013

The new album is streaming for free on iTunes right now.

by Anonymousreply 803/01/2013

"Yay, David Bowie has new songs!" said my mom and NO ONE ELSE.

by Anonymousreply 903/01/2013

I don't care what any of you bitches say, I like it.

by Anonymousreply 1003/01/2013

Fuck Seth Myers. Does anyone but his mom watch his shit show? I haven't even heard the new Bowie songs but his worst song is better than Seth's lame weekend update schtick.

by Anonymousreply 1103/01/2013

Just finished streaming it. Better than I had expected.

by Anonymousreply 1203/01/2013

Forgettable garbage. The music video was more entertaining. Does Bowie even try to hold a note? He can't sing for shit. He sounds bored out of his mind.

by Anonymousreply 1303/01/2013

I've spent some time with the full album now, and while it may not be his most ambitious work, it's far from his worst. I think it might be his best since Heathen, which was also low-key spectacular.

Of course, there might've been only one album since Heathen, but you get what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 1403/01/2013

Is Bowie on the "men who look like old lesbians" list? If not, he should be.

by Anonymousreply 1503/01/2013

I do worry he's even iller than he lets on. In "You Feel So Lonely You Could Die" he incorporates what I think is the drumbeat from "Five Years" off Ziggy Stardust. Message?

Yet in the video for "The Stars..." he looks so plastic-surgery and bong-hit happy. And he's only 66. Still, no interviews or tour.

Anyone know if he still smokes? Cigarettes, I mean. And does he hever still do random, unannounced gigs around NYC?

by Anonymousreply 1603/01/2013

He had that heart surgery since he was gone, so I don't know if he would still smoke.

Again, has he always sounded this bored singing? He's not even in tune. It almost sounds like someone trying to take a shit.

The media is giving him reviews that are absolutely ridiculous -- all because he's back. Who are they kidding?

It's strange how he doesn't have a character for this album. He just looks like a typical guy, with a typical haircut and stuff.

For those who have listened, what songs do you like?

by Anonymousreply 1703/01/2013

David Byrne also has a new album. It is fun and quirky.

by Anonymousreply 1803/01/2013

I liked 'The Stars(Are Out Tonight)'

I can't see why the critics weren't in favor of it. It's a great David Bowie song.

'Where Are We Now' is also a good song, it's just not as good as 'The Stars(Are Out Tonight).

by Anonymousreply 1903/01/2013

In addition, the videoclip of 'The Stars(Are Out Tonight)' is very good for a videoclip.

High five for it!

by Anonymousreply 2003/01/2013

Omg, someone add in the torrents this before nine hours ago. It's the new David Bowie album! Thank you so much whoever you are. I'm downloading it now!

Very happy!

by Anonymousreply 2103/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 2203/01/2013

Where Are We Now is a masterpiece and you are all cunts.

by Anonymousreply 2303/01/2013

so overrated and fugly. I don't own any of his albums and yet I don't feel I'm missing anything.

by Anonymousreply 2403/01/2013

[quote] so overrated and fugly. I don't own any of his albums and yet I don't feel I'm missing anything.

However, I'm sure you own the Ethel Merman disco album.

by Anonymousreply 2503/01/2013

[quote]Omg, someone add in the torrents this before nine hours ago. It's the new David Bowie album! Thank you so much whoever you are. I'm downloading it now!

Honey, it's from the iTunes stream, which you can listen to for free.

by Anonymousreply 2603/01/2013

I've listened to the full album roughly ten times now.

It grows on you, sort of like Earthling. Some of the songs sound straight off older Bowie/Visconti albums. Some have an Eno feel. The guitars are bigger; vocals are undermixed.

I expect that to be corrected somewhat with the official release of the LP at full quality and final mix.

In any case, I'm happy to have spent a few bucks on it.

by Anonymousreply 2703/04/2013

His vocals are tragic. Lifeless, out of tune, and strained.

by Anonymousreply 2803/04/2013

Is the album worse than that "Heathen" album from 2002?

by Anonymousreply 2903/04/2013

I have to reserve final judgment for the final mix, which I hope will show its pre-ordered self in my mailbox on 3/12. Certainly from what I've heard, Bowie hasn't released the best material as singles so far.

by Anonymousreply 3003/04/2013

I am with R9. Bitches. Bunch of Velvet Goldminers here tonight.

by Anonymousreply 3103/04/2013

I'm here to say: On first listen, Adam Ant's new album seems considerably better than David Bowie's new album is after five listens.

And Bowie's album is [italic]good[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 3203/09/2013

Oops. Obviously, song in R32 is old (new performance), this one's fresher.

by Anonymousreply 3303/09/2013

Also this. And then I'll stop.

by Anonymousreply 3403/09/2013

It's amazing how this album is critically acclaimed already, when it's below average. The media is just overjoyed that Bowie is back. How transparent. Does any critic have the balls to give this album the review it deserves?

by Anonymousreply 3503/09/2013

Bowie can't sing, and on his new album he sounds like an old guy who's tone deaf and trying to sing karaoke in a bar. What was Bowie thinking? It's so embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 3603/09/2013

How is the album? That also got raves. I will get this soon, but am not sure whether to cancel the Timberhole pre-order.

The fact Justin's splitting so many opinions makes it sound a must. I need to start downloading more leaks.

by Anonymousreply 3703/13/2013

Is the special edition CD, with additional songs, worth it?

by Anonymousreply 3803/13/2013

I listened to a few songs, and they just sounded...dull. I didn't feel like I needed to hear then again. Every good artist has a period when he has something to say, but, I fear, Bowie is past that period.

by Anonymousreply 3903/13/2013

I just got it today (the deluxe version with 3 extra songs.) It's a solid album, better than what I expected. There are a couple of weaker tracks that should've been replaced with bonus songs. I think I will truly appreciate it even more with repeated listens.

by Anonymousreply 4003/13/2013

Listening to it now, legally on Spotify. It's not terrible but I wouldn't pay cash money for it.

by Anonymousreply 4103/14/2013

It's not prime Bowie but I think it's a respectable late career album. "Where Are We Now" was a weird choice to promote it -- it didn't convey the impression that Bowie had a lot of juice left -- but it sounds good in context. His voice sounds strong on some tracks, slightly creaky on others. But Bowie has always been a man of many voices -- he has done flat and affectless as often as he's done histrionic or melodramatic.

by Anonymousreply 4203/14/2013

I'm sure it will be a hit in the UK where they revere Bowie as a national treasure. Meanwhile, he lives thousands of miles away in another country. Married to a woman from another country.

The UK can't take a hint.

by Anonymousreply 4303/14/2013

All of these old artist who keep putting out shitty music need to stop. Rosanne Cash, The Go Gos, David Byrne, Sprinsteen, their new material always sucks ass!

by Anonymousreply 4403/14/2013

Don't forget Paul McCartney who is always releasing new bilge.

by Anonymousreply 4503/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!