Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anne Hathaway And Her Dress Drama! She's Issued a Statement!

"It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans," she tells PEOPLE in an exclusive statement.

"Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino in honor of the deep and meaningful relationship I have enjoyed with the house and with Valentino himself," Hathaway continues.

"I deeply regret any disappointment caused."

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 3802/27/2013

"Besides, I also wanted to look as if my titties were constantly erect, plus I wanted to flash lots of sideboob."

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 102/26/2013

I forgive you, Ann!

Ooops, I forgot the "e"! I'm so sorry!

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 202/26/2013

The vapidity of these circus clowns and their entire culture is hilarious!

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 302/26/2013

Are we never to be rid of her mouth opening and absolute crap rolling off her tongue? I used to like her, but after this year's awards circuit, I need for her to just shut the hell up for awhile and go play with her statue. she really has isolated a lot of folks in the past 6 months.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 402/26/2013

Boo fucking hoo.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 502/26/2013

Me!

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 602/26/2013

[quote]she really has isolated a lot of folks in the past 6 months.

If that were truly the case, she wouldn't have won.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 702/26/2013

So did Valentino sell her out at the last minute, or did someone steal his design that was meant for her, or what?

And does anyone actually say things like "deep & meaningful relationship"? If so, why?

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 802/26/2013

[quote]she really has isolated a lot of folks in the past 6 months.

Oh, dear.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 902/26/2013

She's talking about the dress that Les Miz cos-star Amanda Seyfried wore.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 1002/26/2013

Enjoy it while you can sweety!

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 1102/26/2013

"I deeply regret any disappointment caused."

Sadly, I believe she means it.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 1202/26/2013

[quote]Sadly, I believe she means it.

Psst, honey, there isn't anything I've said in the last 3 months that I actually meant.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 1302/26/2013

So how come Seyfried got to wear the dress that Hathaway expected to wear? The one designed by Valentino, with whom she has a "deep & meaningful relationship"?

The movies aren't half as interesting as what must have been going on behind the scenes.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 1402/26/2013

Amanda is wearing a different, but similar dress by Alexander McQueen.

Anne deemed it too similar and decided to wear Prada instead.

Amanda said on the red carpet that her dress had been planned for months.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 1502/26/2013

Idiot cunt.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 1602/26/2013

Mary!

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 1702/26/2013

"Anne deemed it too similar and decided to wear Prada instead."

Ha! The devil indeed wears Prada!

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 1802/26/2013

AnnE's self-absorption knows no bounds.

Here's an article with photos of all three dresses. The Valentino that AnnE blew off was a lot better than the Prada she wore.

I can only hope that Seyfried did this to Ms. Insufferable Hathaway on purpose.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 1902/26/2013

I have a feeling the huffing and puffing that prompted this ridiculous statement was going on at the House of Valentino, not the House of Hathaway.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 2002/26/2013

Amanda Seyfried's dress is considerably different than the one Anne should have worn. And Amanda wasn't even up for an award. Like her or not, Anne was the star of this little dress drama. No one is going to remember what Amanda wore. And now Anne is going ot be remembered for wearing the ugliest dress ever.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 2102/27/2013

No one will EVER forget these nipples, bitches!

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 2202/27/2013

[quote]And now Anne is going ot be remembered for wearing the ugliest dress ever.

Doll, I'm not dead yet.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 2302/27/2013

"So how come Seyfried got to wear the dress that Hathaway expected to wear?"

It would be easier for Anne to change dresses than Seyfried, as an expected winner every couture house would be begging her to wear their product. She probably had ten beautiful designer gowns lying around the house, while a minor starlet like Seyfried just had the one.

I almost wish I had a recording of the hysterics that were involved in making that decision.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 2402/27/2013

Anne's nips were NOT the problem. The darts on the bodice were poorly sewn, which caused puckering. Case closed.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 2502/27/2013

If only Seth had come up with a spontaneous song, "We see your nips, we see your nips."

R25, "darts" would not have been as much fun.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 2602/27/2013

We haven't heard about her gay brother in the longest while. I think she really isn't a supporter of equality.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 2702/27/2013

AnnE is another Katherine Heigl. Lip service support of gays when it serves her purpose. She has her Oscar now, so we can all fuck off.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 2802/27/2013

Anne told Seacrest that she decided on the Prada dress because that was the one that "spoke to her."

So the other dresses found her so insufferable that even with the chance of being seen on global television, they weren't even talking to her.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 2902/27/2013

If that Prada dress was the best of the bunch, then the others must have been beyond hideous.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 3002/27/2013

She had 2 dress changes for the after parties.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 3102/27/2013

God help me for unleashing this monster upon the world.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 3202/27/2013

Valentino had no idea she switched. Apparently they tweeted a photo (released it somehow) the day of the ceremony saying how proud they were that Hathaway would be in their dress.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 3302/27/2013

Why is there such hatred toward Anne Hathaway? She is an accomplished actress. Yes, she makes statements and issues press release that are self-centered, but she's an actress! All actors and actresses are self-centered!

Anne Hathaway is also an ally of the LGBT community. She has an openly gay brother whom she supports unconditionally, and she supports full civil rights for LGBT individuals! She's more than okay in my humble opinion!

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 3402/27/2013

In a land of phonies, something about Anne seems unbelievably phony and calculated r34.

The last-minute dress switch and then the issuance of a frigging press release - OMG! - is a prime example.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 3502/27/2013

She loves her brother Michael. Here he is, clowning post-Oscars with his husband. They live in Wilton Manors FL.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 3602/27/2013

Anne needs to stop over thinking things so much and just let them happen.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 3702/27/2013

I agree, R37. She should have worn the original dress and just had some "oops, oh well" fun with the fact that it was similar to Amanda's. The Valentino dress is stunning. Such a shame.

by Amanda Seyfriedreply 3802/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.