Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cooper & Cohen: Surprised "a bunch of people...who are forward about other aspects of their lives" have not come out

Who do you think he's referring to?

On Watch What Happens Live, Cohen asked Cooper whether certain public figures should come out. Cooper said this,

"I mean look, it’s a personal decision that everyone has to make for their own reasons ... I’m pretty understanding of where people are at, and people are at different places in their lives. But there’s a bunch of people whom I’m surprised have not been more forward, and you know given their position and the extent to which they’re forward about other aspects about their lives."

by Anonymousreply 3303/01/2013

(sorry, was this already posted? I was surprised I couldn't already find it on DL)

by Anonymousreply 102/26/2013

Who the fuck is Cooper to talk about public figures waiting to come out when his old ass didn't come out until last year???

God, he's been so fucking annoying and hypocritical ever since he came out. He refused to talk about it for 44 years and now he can't quit talking about it. Now he acts like Miss High and Mighty.

by Anonymousreply 202/26/2013

I think he was talking about Clooney.

by Anonymousreply 302/26/2013

So, I'm guessing Hollywood dudes who are regarded as particularly liberal figures and who Anderson knows relatively well.

James Franco could be one. Although I really think James Franco is so out there he wouldn't be gay. I went to grad school with him too and there were no substantiated rumors.

by Anonymousreply 402/26/2013

Clooney will be outed soon enough. You just wait!

by Anonymousreply 502/26/2013

Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 602/26/2013

Robin Roberts

by Anonymousreply 702/26/2013

I didn't see another thread about this.

As much as I like George Clooney, I think he should be outed. He's a big boy now, he should come out.

by Anonymousreply 802/26/2013

I think he was referring to people in the news business, like Robin Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 902/26/2013

And why can't Ryan Seacrest come out? He revolts me.

by Anonymousreply 1002/26/2013

Yes, R2, AC needs to have [italic]several[/italic] seats.

by Anonymousreply 1102/26/2013

Someone needs to get him drunk so he can spill the beans

by Anonymousreply 1202/26/2013

I'm with r2.

[bold]Who the FUCK is he to say that?[/bold]

What an ass. He can go back into the closet for all I care.

by Anonymousreply 1302/26/2013

Would he really be on the verge of outing Robin Roberts after her life-saving bone marrow transplant?

by Anonymousreply 1502/26/2013

Hey, he's talking about Simon, too... er, I mean he's talking about Simon, assholes!

by Anonymousreply 1602/26/2013

He's right. They should.

by Anonymousreply 1702/26/2013

I think he was talking about Sam Champion and Fox's Sam Shepard.

by Anonymousreply 1802/26/2013

'people who are so OUT THERE in other aspects of their lives.'

hmmm. interesting. what does he mean by that and who is he referring to?

by Anonymousreply 1902/26/2013

Yeah, yeah, it's Robin Roberts....for sure.

by Anonymousreply 2002/26/2013

Richard Simmons.

by Anonymousreply 2102/26/2013

[quote]I think he was talking about Sam Champion and Fox's Sam Shepard.

Sam Champion is out and they showed his wedding on GMA. Keep up. Love Queens who are just so convinced some are gay. There is absolutely nothing Clooney could ever do to convince you he's straight. The best part is he doesn't give a shit if you think it.

by Anonymousreply 2202/26/2013

Clooney can't convince anyone he's straight, because he's gay, R22. Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 2302/26/2013

Why do so many people say Clooney is gay? Are there any stories or evidence to back up the claim? Unlike Seacrest, Franco, Cruise, Travolta, even Bradley Cooper, I have never heard anything substantiating this

by Anonymousreply 2402/26/2013

Is there any concrete evidence to indicate that Clooney could be straight?

I didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 2502/26/2013

I cannot believe he said that.

He must be slightly retarded after all.

by Anonymousreply 2602/26/2013

Robin Roberts isn't out?

I thought it was known she was a lesbian dating back to when she was part of the original ESPN Sunday NFL pregame show.

As for Seacrest, did anyone watch the E! pre-Oscars coverage and feel like Kelly Osborne was trying to out him.

There was some discussion of Ben Affleck's beard having its own twitter account and Kelly brought up some random comment about guys who have beards and at another point she was lamenting the people in Hollywood who have to hide who they are. Maybe I was reading too much into it but if Seacrest is closeted and E! wants him closeted then I would be pissed at Kelly if I was E!

by Anonymousreply 2702/26/2013

He's not retarded, just a douche.

by Anonymousreply 2803/01/2013

With Robin Roberts brush with mortality, I can't imagine she'll be able to continue life in the glass closet. I hope once she's regained her strength, she'll come out. People love her and for the most part, will be supportive.

by Anonymousreply 2903/01/2013

Maybe he meant Dan Rather.

by Anonymousreply 3003/01/2013

What a fucking douche. Up until very recently he was one who was "forward about other aspects of [his] life". In fact he blabbed about everything except his sexuality. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 3103/01/2013

Holy Moly - I thought you were talking about Bradley Cooper... sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 3203/01/2013

[quote]Fox's Sam Shepard.

Who? Wasn't Sam Shepard a famous murderer? (The one that "The Fugitive" was based on?)

by Anonymousreply 3303/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!