Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Not being able to become attracted to men of one's own race...anyone else have this problem...

I have a problem.

I am unable to be attracted to men of my own race. It's a very long story. I have some self-loathing issues.

So. I waste a lot of my time going through various scenarios in my head about how I will get a white mate. It's absolutely time-consuming and it gets me nowhere, because I know that I shouldn't find a boyfriend just because he is white, but I cannot be attracted to guys of my own race.

Plus, I have a feeling that the marriage/courtship is doomed to failure. Just a feeling.

So. Any advice on how to deal with this would be much appreciated or if you've experienced this would be much appreciated.

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 1602/26/2013

Come to terms at the root of your self loathing. How can you complain about white people not wanting to date you when you wouldn't date yourself??

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 102/26/2013

I suggest gouging your eyes out with a train spike so that way you can only hear your potential suitors.

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 202/26/2013

OP, there are people who are only attracted to people of a certain race, ethnicity, hair color, body type, etc. This includes white people who are only attracted to people of another race.

There is nothing "wrong" with having physical preferences when it comes to sex. But if you feel it comes from a sense of self-loathing that is something to take a close look at.

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 302/26/2013

What r1 said. No one can help you get over it but yourself. Especially when you wont reveal how you got to this point.

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 402/26/2013

Be aware of what kind of attributes you associate with your white mate and the relationship with him (exotic pleasure, security, acceptance, confrontation, attention, etc.). Then dig deep in your past (maybe even consult a shrink or a legit hypnotist who can help to get in contact with your subconscious mind) and find out the core reason why you have this desire or belief.

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 502/26/2013

Jesus, could you fucking get over it already?

I'm not attracted to white guys, but I'm Irish/English/French etc.

So there ya go.

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 602/26/2013

I don't understand why this is a problem--we all have limits to what kind of people we're attracted too--unless, of course, you find that white men won't date/hook up with you. And what, exactly, is your race?

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 702/26/2013

Not really OP, but then again... I am white & GORGEOUS!

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 802/26/2013

I'm White and I'll fuck any Race at least once....I even have a Quicken Spreadsheet to help track and compile my efforts.

Anyone here where I can find horny gay Uzbeks or Lapplanders in the Tri State Area?

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 902/26/2013

There was a guy regularly posting on Toronto Craigslist going on about how much he liked white guys and wanted to act as a piece of furniture (an ottoman or something, I guess) for them. Probably south asian.

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 1002/26/2013

Who *are* you attracted to? Why not go after them?

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 1102/26/2013

You're RACIST!

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 1202/26/2013

OP, you can't help whom you're sexually attracted to. If we could, then the Evangelicals would be correct in insisting that we all just choose to be gay.

There are plenty of white guys primarily attracted to non-white guys, so this attraction should not prohibit you from dating or having sex, s long as you're in a city with a big enough dating pool.

Your problem is if this situation is somehow making you hate yourself because of your own race, which you're saying it does. It doesn't. Don't hate yourself or your race. Own who you are.

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 1302/26/2013

Beggars cant be choosers, OP

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 1402/26/2013

I am white. Sometimes I think my attraction to other races has a bit to do with exoticizing and that doesn't sit well. Should I just get over this?

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 1502/26/2013

OP, what is the problem you're trying to solve? Do you have a problem attracting white men or do you want to deal with your self-loathing issues?

by Original Poster from the other thread.reply 1602/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.