Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Don't Trust Your Bank

I just had an experience with my bank where a payment was due.

Get this: my payment went out around 7:00 pm and they tried to charge me a late fee as they "don't process payments after 5:00 pm."

I was having none of this and forwarded them the text thanking me for my payment and the record showing my payment on the due date.

The online rep reversed the charge and apologized for the error.

by Anonymousreply 1403/11/2013

OP, you should really save that story for parties.

by Anonymousreply 202/26/2013

And be sure to lead off with, "EVERYONE, LISTEN UP! Here is why you can't trust your bank!!"

by Anonymousreply 302/26/2013

I have to agree with R! - but in a much milder manner. If there rules are 5:00 is the cutoff - and all banks have a cutoff time every day - then it is your responsibility to make the payment before that cut off - or switch banks to one that has an acceptable cut off time.

Had you said you made the payment at 4:58 and you have the proof - that's one thing. It's quite another to say you made your payment two hours after their cut off and therefore, you aren't responsible for a late payment. Because, you are.

by Anonymousreply 402/26/2013

More important than the late fee, you should be concerned that the payment isn't reported late on your credit report.

by Anonymousreply 502/26/2013

I can only imagine how R1 looks.

by Anonymousreply 602/26/2013

OP, I am confused. What kind of proof convinced the online rep to take back the charge?

by Anonymousreply 702/26/2013

OP, Im confused. You were making payments TO a bank for something like a line of credit you have there? Most of the time the bank has nothing to do with late fees, its the company you are paying.

by Anonymousreply 802/26/2013

OP was either making a credit card or mortgage payment.

Both of which were DUE weeks ago.

You can bet the OP is in debt up to his eyeballs and wastes his money on all kinds of stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 902/26/2013

While R1 is technically correct, banks are so hated that I want to side with OP anyways.

by Anonymousreply 1002/26/2013

I was depositing a check from one bank to another at 3:30pm. The teller told me it wouldn't be deposited until the next morning (fine, since my direct deposit goes into the other account just after midnight). I thought I was all set.

By the time I got home at 6pm, the check HAD been deposited and set into motion a series of overdrafts and bounced checks. All told about $200 in fees.

I found no sympathy. Damned crooks.

by Anonymousreply 1102/27/2013

If you're paying online you can probably set up an email alert to remind you a few days ahead of time so that this type of thing does not take up any more of your time or patience.

by Anonymousreply 1202/27/2013

Bank?

by Anonymousreply 1302/27/2013

OP here. If you don't think that bank employees are sitting around trying to dream up ways to charge extra fees you are not living in the real world.

The bank reversed the late fee charge as it was paid on time.

by Anonymousreply 1403/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.