Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Carrie Fisher hospitalized after "performance" on gay cruise

[quote]Fisher took the stage as a "surprise" special guest on board the Holland America Eurodam last week, slurring her speech, singing off-key and rambling onstage. As the daughter of crooner Eddie Fisher and Singin' in the Rain star Debbie Reynolds, the Star Wars icon can certainly carry a tune—just not in the midst of a bipolar breakdown. Her dog also joined her during the show, taking the liberty of using the stage as its toilet. The audience seemed entertained, but may have also been wondering exactly what they were watching.

Rep tells TMZ she wasn't drunk, and that she was hospitalized afterward.

At the link: video of her singing "Skylark" while cleaning up her dog's shit.

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 1502/28/2013

This is the first I heard about her being bipolar. I don't know exactly how that would make her sing poorly though. I'll bet it's more likely the bipolar comes into play by making her think she can sing, and accept a job where she's supposed to sing, even though she can't sing. Her mother ain't exactly the best singer either. Chip off the old hack.

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 102/26/2013

Here's the video.

So, she's had a few drinks.

It's not so terrible.

The point is why would a gay cruise employ her 'for entertainment'. What did they expect her to do, her usual boring old shtick about her parents and Elizabeth Taylor?

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 202/26/2013

[quote]Her mother ain't exactly the best singer either.

Exactly! Debbie Reynolds is no Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston, that's fer sure. There's no way she could ever carry a musical on film or on stage. She reached her limit with Will and Grace.

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 302/27/2013

[quote]There's no way she could ever carry a musical on film or on stage.

plus she is 80 years old which usually works agains carrying Broadway shows.

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 402/27/2013

[quote]The point is why would a gay cruise employ her 'for entertainment'.

Honey, have you seen what those cruises DO employ for 'entertainment'? Piano bars, one-hit '80s divas, Taylor Fucking Negron...

[quote]If an intimate Piano Bar is your thing, we’ve got you covered. Each night we offer performances and sing-alongs with some of the most gifted piano performers. Order a drink, grab a stool and “Sing out, Louise!” You and your fellow passengers will have the time of your lives belting out standards and Broadway favorites all night long.

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 502/27/2013

The most recent "Gay Pimpin" podcast discusses this in detail, some of the cast was performing on the same cruise.

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 602/27/2013

"So, she's had a few drinks."

What part of "alcoholic in recovery" do you not understand?

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 702/27/2013

She has been through so much with her illness, even going so far as to get electroshock therapy treatments. I'm sorry to hear she is having an episode. Poor thing deserves good health.

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 802/27/2013

thats what you get when your lawyer is a coke head

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 902/27/2013

[quote]She has been through so much with her illness,

"Illness"? You mean dipsomania?

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 1002/27/2013

The difference between Carrie and her mother is that Debbie knows how to put on a show.

I received some free tickets to watch a Debbie Reynolds show a few years ago. She worked the room, had some film clips and it moved so quickly that no one had time to think that she was 70 fucking years old and had no voice left.

She might have even been drunk, though I bet she saved her drinking for later, like a true professional.

I can hear Debbie telling her, "If you can't get through the gig without drinking, don't take it."

And, actually, Carrie has a decent voice. But she has far greater problems than drinking.

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 1102/27/2013

That's Carrie...she did not appear to be drunk.

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 1202/27/2013

I think she's tremendous!

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 1302/27/2013

she doesn't appear drunk (and its not a trainwreck) but something else must have happened on the cruise if she was immediately hospitalized after it

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 1402/28/2013

I recall Debbie and Carrie on a talk show (Oprah?) in which Debbie broke down in tears of worry that her daughter's mental illness will overtake her once Debbie passes away. It was heart-wrenching. Always liked Debbie. Saw her at her old rat trap hotel in the 90s doing her costume gig. Pretty cheesy but Debbie classed it up.

by Postcards From an RSVP Cruisereply 1502/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.