Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

18 examples of 'fake meat' or mixed meat

Sold as something else...

Horse is not your only problem.

How about rat, vulture, and pork mixed in with your hamburger patty?

by Anonymousreply 1102/26/2013

After living in China for a few years and traveling all over Asia, I cringe when I think about what I have probably eaten. Some of the things that I knew about were bad enough!!!

by Anonymousreply 102/26/2013

Meat is meat. Not sure why the carnivores are clutching their pearls over this.

by Anonymousreply 202/26/2013

I agree, R2. And while we're at it, why not add some minced politician or religious zealot? Those critters don't serve mankind well any other way.

by Anonymousreply 302/26/2013

I buy meat from a good butcher. He cuts the meat from carcasses that are delivered in the morning. If I want ground meat, he cuts a piece of beef and grinds it in front of me while I wait. Same with chicken. I get a bird and he cuts it for me. I won't buy meat any other way. Certainly not industrial made ground beef that is made up of 1,000s of cows.

by Anonymousreply 402/26/2013

• Cane rat was sold as bush meat. It happened in a London market.

well, that affects few of us, unless you go around buying "bush meat"

by Anonymousreply 502/26/2013

[quote]Meat is meat. Not sure why the carnivores are clutching their pearls over this.

actually, no. the higher it is up the food chain, the worse. we normally don't eat tigers or hawks (or human for that matter) because their flesh is doubly or trebly tainted with the toxins flowing freely now through our environments. Bottom feeders like mollusks are safest in this regard.

Also, as a vegetarian you can likewise be more aware, toxins and pesticides enter the plant worlds in greater and greater numbers.

by Anonymousreply 602/26/2013

Horsemeat is not bad for you -- they sold it in NJ briefly during a 1970s beef shortage.

by Anonymousreply 702/26/2013

Almost none of these happened in the U.S.

Just wait until Friday though.......

by Anonymousreply 802/26/2013

R8...that you know of.

by Anonymousreply 902/26/2013

The issue isn't only are these meats bad, it's the deception. We have a right to know , and choose what we eat, and not to be deceived about it. PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 1002/26/2013

Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

And 11 percent mule.

by Anonymousreply 1102/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.