Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why is Jodie Foster lonely?

I was just thinking about her Globe speech. Is she lonely? I'd be her friend. Call me Jodie. We can discuss Marty's films from the 70s. I'm watching NY, NY for the first time.

by Not John Hinckleyreply 1102/26/2013

Loneliness is part of the human condition for many people.

Loneliness strikes some more intensely than others.

Perhaps Jodie does not currently have a significant other and she was accustomed to having a significant other for many years.

by Not John Hinckleyreply 102/26/2013

Because she's an unbearable, know-it-all cunt. But damn, she gives good head.

by Not John Hinckleyreply 202/26/2013

Was she referring to her family seated way off in the distance? And was her estranged brother amongst them?

Why was she seated at a table with Downey, Jr. and Mel? I know they're friends and colleagues, but ew.

She's probably lonely because she's intelligent, and there aren't many smart people in the world (esp. in Gollywood).

by Not John Hinckleyreply 302/26/2013

She's a scorpio, whch means she's a know-it-all who cannot tolerate other points of view.

However, she could be happily paired with a passive taurean or bookish virgo rather successfully. She would have a need to dominate the relationship, which is okay, although she would not be expected to dominate in bed.

Jodie Foster really defines the term "Butch in the streets but femme in the sheeets."

by Not John Hinckleyreply 502/26/2013

She's ugly and old.

by Not John Hinckleyreply 602/26/2013

Why is the sky blue? Ugh, these questioning threads gotta go.

by Not John Hinckleyreply 702/26/2013

Almost everyone is lonely at one point or another. Her problem is she has too much time to think about it. Most of us have regular jobs to keep our minds off it. And a lot of these celebrities have entourages to keep their minds off it or do drugs or drink. She doesn't.

R1 is probably right about the partnered thing. It's hard to figure out what to do with yourself when you don't have someone right there all the time.

by Not John Hinckleyreply 802/26/2013

I think she meant in terms of some of the situations/experiences of her life. And being in and out of the closet is one of them.

As R3 states "lonely because she's intelligent, and there aren't many smart people in the world" is also a possiblity, again a very isolating condition

by Not John Hinckleyreply 1002/26/2013

Los Angeles industry people, are, by and large, borderline retarded. They may drive BMWs, text, work out, manipulate, hunger and strive, but they're all still really fucking stupid. And tacky. Jodie should take up chess. That's her scene.

by Not John Hinckleyreply 1102/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!