Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So which movies were Harvey Weinstein movies?

I always read about how he buys the Oscars...which ones were his?

by Anonymousreply 1803/18/2013

He pulled only one big one out of his ass this year.

by Anonymousreply 202/26/2013

His 2 horses in the race were SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK and DJANGO UNCHAINED.

So of the 8 major awards, he got 3 - Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, and Best Original Screenplay.

His biggest push was for DeNiro to win - his trade ads were all about how DeNiro hadn't won an Oscar since "Raging Bull" years and years ago. It's the same campaign he used last year to get Streep her Oscar, but it didn't work twice.

by Anonymousreply 302/26/2013

I just read today that he unleased a whisper campaign against Saving Private Ryan so that his Shakespeare in Love film would win. It worked.

Also read that when Ben made his speech about forgiving people, he was talking about Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 402/26/2013

His wife is expecting another baby...he is one ugly man.

by Anonymousreply 502/26/2013

I can't believe she would let that creepy man near her. I find him grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 602/26/2013

Georgina Chapman is pregnant?! Yikes. How do we know the baby is his? That is one gorgeous woman.

by Anonymousreply 802/26/2013

She's 8 months pregnant, they already have a girl about 2 yrs. old. Can't imagine going to bed with that repulsive man.

by Anonymousreply 902/26/2013

What did Weinstein do to Affleck requiring forgiveness?

by Anonymousreply 1002/26/2013

[quote] Can't imagine going to bed with that repulsive man.

It's really not that bad and you're being too judgmental which is misaligning your chakras.

by Anonymousreply 1102/26/2013

I was shocked when I heard he's been puppeteering it of sorts since at least like 1990 when Joanne Woodward was one of his girls up against Kathy Bates.

The real sea change I think came in 98 when Goop, Benigni and Shakespeare In Love won. I thought after that year they brought some rules in about campaigns, but it looks like there weren't very much!

I don't think JLaw thanked him in her speech. Even the public who don't follow movies are gonna put two and two together when they see everyone thank him.

by Anonymousreply 1202/26/2013

The Master as well (I actually think Harvey strong armed Joaquin into attending after he essentially said the Oscars were bullshit).

by Anonymousreply 1302/26/2013

Jennifer specifically mentioned him in her speech, R12. Has she has done for every speech she's given for SLP.

by Anonymousreply 1402/26/2013

No, R14. She did not thank Harvey in her Oscar speech.

by Anonymousreply 1502/26/2013

R13 Phoenix's scowling was one of the highlights. As much as DDL is difficult to argue with, they should have went with him. The trainwreck speech would be worth it alone.

by Anonymousreply 1602/26/2013

lol r17

by Anonymousreply 1803/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!