Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can you be arrested for spitting at people?

Not on them but at them (and missing.)

We have a spitter in the neighborhood plus I thought this would be good info if I ever get in a fabulous argument with someone and want a bold gesture.

by Anonymousreply 1402/26/2013

How about hissing at them?

by Anonymousreply 102/26/2013

Legally I would think it would be a form of simple assault.

by Anonymousreply 202/26/2013

I was running once and spit and hit a woman who was walking near the northern Dupont Circle Metro entrance. A SS guard located between me and the Embassy he was standing in front of harassed me for spitting on the woman. It was a total accident, she didn't care, and I think he was just puffing up his chest to make a play for the ladye fayre.

But to answer your question, it may actually be a form of assault. If you have HIV, in particular (I don't).

by Anonymousreply 302/26/2013

depending on what else you're doing, you could also be charged with "disorderly conduct", "causing public alarm and annoyance" . they may arrest you but will the charges stick? that's another matter...

by Anonymousreply 402/26/2013

I sure hope so! It's a fucking disgusting biohazard and while I know HIV can't be transmitted that way, I think hepatitis can. I would be more angry if someone spit on me than if they hit me. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 502/26/2013

It depends where you are. Here in Toronto, spitting on people is assault. I know this because a crazy bitch spat on me and the cops charged her with assault.

by Anonymousreply 602/26/2013

Back in the days when TB or typhoid or cholera were rampant, some cities made spitting in any manner, even if just onto the street, illegal. Some of those laws are probably still on the books thought they may no loner be enforced.

by Anonymousreply 702/26/2013

Just don't squeeze your titties at a cop.

by Anonymousreply 802/26/2013

Are those people cops? I pissed on a cop once, so I know they don't like that. I imagine they feel the same about being spat upon.

by Anonymousreply 902/26/2013

[quote] I pissed on a cop once

That's hot.

by Anonymousreply 1002/26/2013

I hope you find your bold gesture, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1102/26/2013

It IS considered an assault. Obviously if it's an accidental spitting it is not criminal.

R3, did they charge you? Did I defend you? Uh oh don't give away my ID.

by Anonymousreply 1202/26/2013

I thought the woman in R8 was that yahoo at Yahoo who canceled everyone's telecommuting.

by Anonymousreply 1302/26/2013

OP - are you Chinese?

by Anonymousreply 1402/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!