Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The nice guy act

Do you know anyone who likes to act and say that they are nice guys but on the inside they are actually quite venomous?

I try to avoid these guys.

by Anonymousreply 1502/27/2013

Yes, but I find that my friends and family do a bad job of identifying such people. Only my judgement can be relied on to evaluate this condition.

by Anonymousreply 102/26/2013

Hate those guys!

by Anonymousreply 202/26/2013

How can you tell?

by Anonymousreply 302/26/2013

I don't know anyone like that.

by Anonymousreply 402/26/2013

I have a friend who comes from a fairly affluent London family, and is quite charming and polite to people to their faces but then verbally eviscerates them behind their backs. He also stands people up constantly, he'll even commit to meeting someone somewhere and pretend he's looking forward to it with absolutely no intention of going. He seems to think that as long as he's nice to you to your face and tells you what he thinks you want to hear that he's a decent human being, but he's really not.

by Anonymousreply 502/26/2013

Professional actors and/or men who pursue acting are these people. Some of them are really good at the front.

Probably almost half of all other guys could qualify for this. Some of them are really good at the front, too.

by Anonymousreply 602/26/2013

most people are a mixture of sunlight and shadow, aren't they. very few are pure evil or pure saintliness.

by Anonymousreply 702/26/2013

There are extremes of that, R7.

by Anonymousreply 802/26/2013

My last two exes were like this, OP. I now know to avoid any self-described "nice guys." They are usually anything but.

by Anonymousreply 902/26/2013

OP, you just described my father.

Don't even let me get started.

by Anonymousreply 1002/27/2013

I had a friend who was like this. Nice enough on the outside, friendly, and welcoming. But, if he perceived that you in any way, shape, or form crossed him then he would turn into the most venal, venomous bitch on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 1102/27/2013

R7 has Seasonal Affective Disorder.

by Anonymousreply 1202/27/2013

Kabbalah is a good cover - everyone thinks you really care

by Anonymousreply 1302/27/2013

Yes, they have their own theme tune.

by Anonymousreply 1402/27/2013

My dad. He actually calls himself The Nice Guy. But he badmouths everyone (his favorite term is "loser"). Of course, this all gets back to whomever he's insulting (he's had his car keyed several times).

I'm thinking when he dies there will be no one at his funeral.

by Anonymousreply 1502/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!