Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NLF guys want to know if Manti Te'o is gay

I guess being in an online "romance" with an imaginary women who was really a guy means that you are gay, and therefore worthy of being shunned.

Sad that gay athletes (or athletes perceived to be gay) have it so rough even in 2013. These attitudes belong in 1913.

by Anonymousreply 3003/03/2013

Sorry, I meant "NFL" not "NLF"

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

Of course Manti is gay. Closeted, but yes, gay.

He made up a girlfriend. That's gay. This is not brain surgery to figure out. Yes, the story got convoluted and weird. But that's because he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 202/25/2013

Why would they possibly want to know, unless they want to fuck him? Otherwise it's none of their business.

I hope someone says that publicly.

by Anonymousreply 302/25/2013

Nobody talks that long to a woman without trying to get some pussy. He's closeted, maybe even to himself.

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

Mormon, 'nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

[quote]Why would they possibly want to know, unless they want to fuck him? Otherwise it's none of their business.

They'll make it their business. The article says the General Managers want to know, not necessarily players. He will be some GM's employee. It probably shouldn't be any of their business, but it will be, and they don't care if people think otherwise. Read the article. A few years back, the Dolphins GM was obsessed in finding out whether a player's mom was a prostitute. So, they care about shit even beyond the actual player.

At worst, they want to know so they don't draft Te'O or if they do draft him, they can try to control the situation. At best, they want to know so they can be prepared for fan reaction, teammate reaction, etc.

Players get paid hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars. GM will look into anything they want to, regardless of an privacy objections.

by Anonymousreply 602/25/2013

Since he's already been part of a national scandal, not too many managers will want him. They want a player who's known for being good in the game, not a player who's biggest claim to fame is a fake girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 702/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 802/26/2013

He is gay. No straight football player would be that gullible when he could fuck any girl on campus he wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 902/26/2013

His performance at the NFL combine (which is basically straight guys watching jocks run around in spandex) was pretty bad. He'll still get drafted, but probably later than initial projections.

by Anonymousreply 1002/26/2013

[quote]His performance at the NFL combine (which is basically straight guys watching jocks run around in spandex) was pretty bad. He'll still get drafted, but probably later than initial projections.

by Anonymousreply 1102/26/2013

Him being gay should not be an issue. Him being a liar who played his fans and teammates like chumps is a different story.

by Anonymousreply 1202/26/2013

In England, they've begun a campaign to try to eliminate homophobia in sports.

The Football v Homophobia campaign has sent a toolkit to clubs guiding them in how to combat homophobia and reach out to LGBT fans and players, in a move backed by the England manager and West Ham team.

West Ham showed their support for the campaign as a team, donning Football v Homophobia t-shirts during the warm-up for their match against Reading on Saturday.

Kevin Nolan, the West Ham captain, said: “It’s important that we, as a club and as a squad, support the Football v Homophobia campaign. We’re role models and we’ve got to ensure that we respect all members of society and show that we’re open minded.

“If someone told me, or any of the lads, that they were gay, it wouldn’t change our view of them one iota and that’s the only way it can be, so it’s a vital message to push.”

by Anonymousreply 1302/26/2013

I can't blame them in this case.

by Anonymousreply 1402/27/2013

He should have done the "I'm too good a Christian to have premarital sex." It worked for me.

Then create a dance step that will make you famous.

by Anonymousreply 1502/27/2013

Maybe it's not wanting to know if he's gay, but wanting to know if he's a liar and could cause problems with his future fairytales about a dead girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 1603/01/2013

NFL guys are macho, & they wouldn't understand how people can get taken in by con artists, but Manti isn't the 1st. But I'll save my tears because it sounds like he was screwing around with other chicks, on the faker he was supposedly in love with.

by Anonymousreply 1703/01/2013

He'll date that Hayden or Taylor chick -- you watch and see.

by Anonymousreply 1803/01/2013

This isn't about sexual identity but rather about liability issues of obvious lies hurting a player's (and more importantly the team he is playing for) public image.

by Anonymousreply 1903/01/2013

Who's a closet case that doesn't lie? I, actually think this is a great idea. If oyu get paid this kind of money -- millions, and you're a liar? You should be made known to be a liar. And, a closet case is a liar. A rose by any other name is still a rose.

by Anonymousreply 2003/01/2013

People have the right to be in the closet, especially in the case where they are not sexually active with the same sex or personally view themselves as gay. It's the right to self identity and determination.

by Anonymousreply 2103/01/2013

I'm not sure why he has a "right" to keep his sexuality a secret. If he wants to and can I'm not going to stop him; but it's not a right, nor should it be. We can't argue that sexuality shouldn't be stigmatized and simultaneously argue that we should he able to hide it. Secrets are shameful and there's no getting around that.

by Anonymousreply 2203/01/2013

r22, do you think a person who is celibate and ends to remain that way should be compelled to tell others about his sexual orientation? further, r22, you are acting like an individual's sexual orientation is a public possession, something that society or the gay community owns. It is not, it is a personal possession, inherently within the domain of the individual. As such, it should not be subject to the agenda or motives of others. Manti Te'o has the right to decide what is best for him, sexual orientation and otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 2303/01/2013

They just had a discussion about the NFL and gays on a sports segment on NPR. Mani Teo was mentioned as well as Robbie Rogers, the U.S. soccer player who just came out in England.

by Anonymousreply 2403/01/2013

It looks as if Manti is going to be put in the gay column by comics. The jokes are still coming.

by Anonymousreply 2503/02/2013

Him being gay is the least of his worries for the NFL. His dismal performance in the championship game vs Alabama outed him for being a middle of the road linebacker who is not good enough for the NFL.

by Anonymousreply 2603/02/2013

The NFL is so repugnant for asking if recruits are gay (I feel more sorry for the other players that were asked, Manti somewhat brought this on himself). Stupid too, because all this means is players who are gay will lie and closet. That could bring with it a drinking problem, anxiety, and poor performance. It's in their best interest to bring the NFL into this century.

by Anonymousreply 2703/02/2013

Manti has said that the NFL never asked him if he is gay--directly or indirectly.

by Anonymousreply 2803/02/2013

I don't think the NFL has a right to ask Manti if he's gay because basically it's a job application and it's none of their business.

However, I do think the public and the media have a perfect right to ask Manti if he's gay since he went public announcing to the world that he had an imaginary girlfriend. What does he expect people to ask him? Imaginary girlfriends do make you kind of wonder.

by Anonymousreply 2903/02/2013

He has answered the question alreadyn

by Anonymousreply 3003/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!