Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What's your opinion of college age kids these days?

All thoughts are welcome.

by Anonymousreply 4801/19/2014

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

They aren't much different than when I was young, but I don't like the full beard thing.

by Anonymousreply 202/25/2013

They seem to do a good job washing my car, mowing my lawn and cleaning my house.

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

dopey - barely awake

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

r4, you have college students do those things? I thought they all considered themselves above manual labor these days.

by Anonymousreply 602/25/2013

The joys of a college town!!

by Anonymousreply 702/25/2013

the guys are usually pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 802/25/2013

Not kids anymore OP.

by Anonymousreply 902/25/2013

Feckless and entitled. Barely capable of handling the rigors of even the simplest entry-level job.

by Anonymousreply 1002/25/2013

The boys are wearing their jeans much tighter these days.

by Anonymousreply 1102/25/2013

Kids! I don't know what's wrong with these kids today! Kids! Who can understand anything they say? Kids! They're all disobedient, disrespectful oafs! Noisy, crazy, dirty, lazy, loafers! While we're on the subject: Kids! You can talk and talk till your face is blue! Kids! But they still just do what they want to do! Why can't they be like we were: Perfect in every way? What's the matter with kids today?

by Anonymousreply 1202/25/2013

They're always lollygagging around!

by Anonymousreply 1302/25/2013

As a whole, they are MUCH more liberal on social issues, which is wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 1402/25/2013

Much more liberal but much more neive!

by Anonymousreply 1602/25/2013

[quote]Much more liberal but much more neive!

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1702/25/2013

I'm just glad they are no longer playing hackey-sack anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1802/25/2013

They spend way too much time smoking weed getting drunk getting laid and playing video games. They pay no attention in class and google the answers to homework. When I was on college you didn't see this shit. We didn't have video games or google

by Anonymousreply 1902/25/2013

What do you mean by "college age"? Anybody at any age can attend college or university. People who reach the age of 18 are no longer minors or kids. They can join the military and vote at that age so for all intents and purposes are adults. I understand that in Massachusetts people who reach the age of 65 can attend college for free or at greatly reduced cost. Now, what do I think of people who attend colleges and universities who are in their late teens and early twenties? I wouldn't even venture a generalization because everyone is different. I will say this though, I never liked the strange custom, which is seemingly most popular among the young, of disfiguring oneself with tattoos and piercings. That said though, would it be an accurate observation that tattoos and piercings have had their day and are becoming less popular?

by Anonymousreply 2002/25/2013

low standards, always cheating, no hope for the future

by Anonymousreply 2102/26/2013

Apparently R15 is David Duke.

David please take your lithium and shut the f**k up.

by Anonymousreply 2202/26/2013

cheaters and slackers

by Anonymousreply 2302/26/2013

"But, even among the minorities, I am surprised how many have educated themselves are how their intelligence shines through."

"This all concerns white college students. Asians are insect creatures, blacks are hopelessly stewed in the culture's defensive and shamed idiocy, and Hispanics, regardless of intelligence, are stuck in 1885."

How very white of the two of you.

by Anonymousreply 2402/26/2013

They are a strange mix of self-entitled and hopeless. They believe they will never succeed because everything is stacked against them but that they should also be the king/queen of whatever endeavor they choose to pursue. Talk about a self-fulfilling plan for ultimate unhappiness and bitterness.

by Anonymousreply 2502/26/2013

Also, they are going to royally screw any of us over 35 or so when they rise up, en masse, and say we don't deserve to retire on their backs. (Of course, not knowing history, they won't understand that every generation has done this.) Unfortunately, they'll have the numbers to kill us.

by Anonymousreply 2602/26/2013

"But, even among the minorities, I am surprised how many have educated themselves are how their intelligence shines through."

R3 is surprised about people educating themselves because he never could seem educate himself. It's a rather sad story.

Apparently the KKK meeting was cancelled tonight so he and David Duke have extra time to make racist remarks on data lounge.

by Anonymousreply 2702/26/2013

[quote] [R3] is surprised about people educating themselves because he never could seem educate himself. It's a rather sad story.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2802/26/2013

the old always look on the past with a certain sense of perfect nostalgia dreaming of some golden age that never was and if it actually was, well then good riddance. this generation is not all that different than us whether you're the 60's, 70's, 80's, or 90's. the same damn things were said about us just with minor variations and lacking the current tech gizmos. each generation has to find their own solutions to their own problems and to that, i wish them luck and godspeed. college kids these days aren't that bad.

by Anonymousreply 2902/26/2013

Yes they are bad, and the reason is that most of them have never had real work, which really improves their self-image in a way that no amount of A's, gold stars, or awards ever could.

by Anonymousreply 3002/26/2013

r30, I agree that many of today's college-age kids didn't work part-time jobs while they were in high school, but it's not really their fault. Many of the jobs teenagers used to do in the past are now filled by undocumented workers.

by Anonymousreply 3102/26/2013

Some of them don't have the common sense how to turn a screw with a screwdriver.

I've seen it myself.

Scary shit.

by Anonymousreply 3202/26/2013

"kids" are under 13.

by Anonymousreply 3302/26/2013

I smoked, got high, skipped classes, took lots of naps, showed up drunk and in pajamas to my 8AM classes, got high some more, had lots of sex, broke into the campus bookstore a few times, same with the cafeteria, went to college near a ski slope so was a ski bum a big chunk of the time. Didn't work. My parents threw money at me. Moved peoples rooms out onto the yard, arranged exactly like it had been in their room. Cheated my ass off. Lots of other similar stuff.

I've got a great job now and am completely well adjusted. I hope they are doing the same things I did.

by Anonymousreply 3402/26/2013

The internet generation is lazy and self-entitled. They don't know a world where things weren't accessible instantly online.

by Anonymousreply 3502/26/2013

[quote]What do you mean by "college age"?

He means 18-21 sill. Everyone knows that.

by Anonymousreply 3602/26/2013

r15 is a bigoted asswipe.

r36 is a pedo. Those "models" haven't finished puberty.

by Anonymousreply 3802/26/2013

r25 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 3902/26/2013

R15 is like many of our elderly DLers. Racist and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 4002/27/2013

They seem more tolerant of diversity, as if they have been to sensitivity training. I don't know what they're teaching in schools, but I bet that's where they learned it.

by Anonymousreply 4102/27/2013

They are obsessed with food. Organic food, green tea, veganism. farmers markets, coffee...

I don't remember food being such an important part of my life and I never had any firm beliefs that food X was utterly poisonous while Food Y has magical healing properties.

by Anonymousreply 4202/27/2013

True, r42. They do seem to believe that certain foods have magical powers. "If you eat free-range organic and drink wheat grass juice every day you'll never get cancer" etc. etc.

Yet they all seem to drink like fish. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 4302/27/2013

I know a fair number of college students. I am impressed by their good manners...not everyone, but more than one would expect.

For someone who grew up in the 1960s when good manners were out of style, I am impressed.

by Anonymousreply 4402/27/2013

difficult life choices

by Anonymousreply 4503/01/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 4601/19/2014

I just want them off my damn lawn.

by Anonymousreply 4701/19/2014

They may be the most brilliant cohort in our history, especially now that we've drastically dumbed down the classes and give everybody A's.

by Anonymousreply 4801/19/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!