Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ben and Jennifer will split up sometime in the future.

You heard it here.

by Anonymousreply 17803/04/2013

No shit, Sherlock.

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

Enquirer says Michael Douglas & CZJ are soon to split - and she's hauling in a Kings ransom. He didn't have a pre-nup ?

by Anonymousreply 202/25/2013

I saw it coming.

by Anonymousreply 302/25/2013

CZJ and Douglas did have a pre-nup. It included a clause about her getting a huge amount of money if he cheated on her. So, if she's getting a king's ransom...

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

poor Catherine must be so mad she didn't get to do the grieving widow act.

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

OP, is it true Jennifer has or had a thing with another Hollywood actress with a famous fiance?

by Anonymousreply 702/25/2013

Jennifer Garner seems persnickety. Remember the hysterical Conan episode where she bitchily corrected his grammar and then was shown to be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 802/25/2013

So why did Benjamin hook up and even marry Jennifer in the 1st place?

by Anonymousreply 902/25/2013

Jennifer got owned by Conan.

by Anonymousreply 1002/25/2013

That over-the-top, dated, trying too hard gown that CZJ wore last night screamed unhappy marraige.

by Anonymousreply 1102/25/2013

[quote]So why did Benjamin hook up and even marry Jennifer in the 1st place?

post-J-Lo he was getting a rep as an out of control party boy drunk (he was driven to rehab by Charlie Sheen afterall)

He needed a wife and family to indicate stability.

by Anonymousreply 1202/25/2013

I think Jennifer is not as sweet as she tries to come off. Remember she dumped her first husband Scott Foley because she was screwing around with Michael Vartan while doing the show Alias. She had her sights set on Ben Affleck since they made that stupid superhero movie together. She got what she wanted, but it's not turning out like she wanted. Like r12 said, she came along when Ben needed stability, I don't know think he was actually head over heels.

by Anonymousreply 1402/25/2013

Awards for what? Best Housewife?

by Anonymousreply 1502/25/2013

Will she ever lose the baby weight?

by Anonymousreply 1702/25/2013

If she's smart, she'll dump all 195 pounds of him soon, r17.

by Anonymousreply 1802/25/2013

Jennifer had been making a play for Ben since Daredevil. Remember her throwing herself at him on that failed Jon Favreau show? She was embarrassing and he barely noticed her.

by Anonymousreply 1902/25/2013

At least in his speech, Ben seems to genuinely love his wife.

by Anonymousreply 2002/25/2013

oh please, r20, that thank you was in the works from the very first Starbucks outing.

by Anonymousreply 2102/25/2013

Ben knows if he has the appearance of a wife & family he can avoid the Clooney "playboy" stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 2202/25/2013

And, dear R20, that's why we know the marriage won't last the year. They always "doth protest too much" when the end is nigh.

by Anonymousreply 2302/25/2013

Are you referring to the speech he made about how their marriage is like Iran?

by Anonymousreply 2402/25/2013

A few years ago there was an item on Yahoo news how they pretty much lead separate lives. I was surprised to see it on a Yahoo and not just more tabloidy stuff. I've noticed ever since then they've amped up the public love shows.

by Anonymousreply 2502/25/2013

Okay, let's discuss this again in six months when they're still together.

by Anonymousreply 2602/25/2013

He was fucking Blake Lively all over the set of The Town.

by Anonymousreply 2702/25/2013

And it was Jennifer who leaked the tit photos of Blake after she found them on Ben's phone.

by Anonymousreply 2902/25/2013

Yeah yeah r26...everybody's in love. Remember Sandra Bullock and Jessie whoever....Reese and Ryan, Julia and Benjamin Bratt, Hilary and Chad, Halle and that singer,....

it is like the Oscar causes divorce.

by Anonymousreply 3002/25/2013

He cheats on her, but she's a doormat so it's unlikely she'll ever leave him.

by Anonymousreply 3102/25/2013

R32, I think you mean Scott Foley.

by Anonymousreply 3302/25/2013

No Scott Foley...ugh!!!

by Anonymousreply 3502/25/2013

r29 really? that actually makes perfect sense. I bet she did leak them.

r19 she didn't need to make a play for him during/after Daredevil as he'd already fucked her. During the 1st movie and again on the sequel when he cameoed. That's when he was single post- JLo and needed the image re-vamp and she got him wrapped up. The pregnancy helped out too.

by Anonymousreply 3602/25/2013

Really? He needed an image make-over after JLo? How has being single hurt Clooney professionally? JGa seems so girl next door, almost sibling like as Ben's spouse. Cute family though.

by Anonymousreply 3702/25/2013

r37 yes he needed an image rehab. Was coming off major disasters professionally with Gigli, etc. Was coming out of the JLo disaster, with all the ass-grabbing antics that entailed; was also battling drug/drink issues and beginning a major gambling problem. Clooney never had any of these problems. It wasn't simply about being single. There's nothing wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 4002/25/2013

[quote]Really? He needed an image make-over after JLo? How has being single hurt Clooney professionally?

It wasn't the single part. It was the DRUNKENLY single part.(I can't find that crazy interview he did where he is drunk and feeling up the reporter's used to be on youtube they must have taken it down for the Oscasr campaign.)and the rehab, and the bad movies, and crazy gambling sprees where he'd lose millions of dollars. He was definitly considered train wreck material not serious directorville.

by Anonymousreply 4102/25/2013

[quote] How has being single hurt Clooney professionally?

We all think he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 4202/25/2013

Affleck wants out, Garner doesn't. They did the "happy family" thing for the Oscar campaign which they were not expecting. They'll go back to separate photo ops with the kids and split after a decent interval.

He's a mess but that's no barrier to success in Hollywood. I like him.

by Anonymousreply 4302/26/2013

[quote]That old video of Affleck drunk and feeling up the French reporter is still online. It's amazing because it goes on forever.

That whole thing baffled me. Was he alone at the interview? Don't they usually have a publicist or somebody with them? It is unbelievable nobody from his team didn't stop it. (I think the reporter and her people knew they were getting a hot interview and just let him keep going.)

by Anonymousreply 4502/26/2013

I was thinking the same thing OP. And I'm not all that interested in either of them, but that thought crossed my mind last night for some reason when he was onstage.

by Anonymousreply 4602/26/2013

I think she's a lot more savvy than she comes off in red carpet interviews.

But I don't think actors are capable of having real relationships.

by Anonymousreply 4802/26/2013

What did he say to his wife in that speech...there *was* some comparison to Iran, like R24 said, and then he just kept digging the hole, saying how marriage is a lot of work....but good work!...and then they cut to her sitting there with kind of a WTF look on her face.

by Anonymousreply 4902/26/2013

Ben and Jennifer Garner were dating, but they only got married because Jennifer got pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 5002/26/2013

Is that another prediction from DL's beloved Ouija-JAMMY?

by Anonymousreply 5102/26/2013

Oh goody! Perhaps we'll finally get a picture of him without his toupee!

by Anonymousreply 5202/26/2013

He fucks around is sick of her but in it for the kids and saving face could go one of two ways he stays and she shrivels they divoce he flounders but at any rate he's not into her.

Whore hopper str8 men shouldn't bother marrying.

by Anonymousreply 5302/26/2013

He basically admitted in his Oscar speech last night that Jennifer saved their marriage by working on it.

As if to say, if the marriage had been left more up to him to make it last, the marriage certainly would have floundered.

by Anonymousreply 5402/26/2013

Michael Douglas and CZJ had a prenup but he tore it up when she was trying for her second pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 5502/26/2013

CZJ looks older than the 43 she claims to be.

But I guess she really is 43.

I didn't realize that Michael Douglas is 25 years older than CZJ until today.

by Anonymousreply 5602/26/2013

That's what I heard too. He thanked Jennifer for working at their marriage. WTF? It doesn't sound like he's tried at all but remains a 12 year old kid and lets mommy do all the work.

I dont feel sorry for this guy at all. And I'm sick of his whining.

by Anonymousreply 5702/26/2013

In his Oscar speech, Ben also thanked Jennifer for working on their marriage for TEN Christmases, but they've only been married for seven years!

by Anonymousreply 5802/26/2013

What kind of a cryptic message was that? They don't seem happy at all.

by Anonymousreply 5902/26/2013

Maybe Jennifer goes overboard with Christmas festivities, decorations, hoopla, and Xmas presents - and Ben thinks it is too grandiose and overdone.

by Anonymousreply 6002/26/2013

Isn't there a rumor about Jennifer and Jessica Biel being closet rugmunchers? As in, they fuck each other?

by Anonymousreply 6102/26/2013

Ben and Jen's new little son, Samuel, looks exactly like Jen.

by Anonymousreply 6202/26/2013

Yeah that wasn't much of a pay-off for her at the Oscars. He wins Best Picture and instead of just thanking his wife he raises the public spectre that their marriage is in trouble. She probably tore that toupee off his head when they got home and flushed it down the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 6302/26/2013

Why didn't she stay with Scott Foley? He seems like a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 6402/26/2013

Scott Who? That's why.

by Anonymousreply 6502/26/2013

She will never leave him and after the Jlo deacle he'll be too afraid of bad press to leave her. Garner does all those photo-ops with the kids for a reason. As long as she is visible as the ultimate plain Jane mother-of-the-year type Affleck will look like a pig if he walks out. I'd say the only way they will divorce is if he's publicly caught in a huge cheating scandal but he seems too careful or powerful for that.

by Anonymousreply 6602/26/2013

Oh R66, dream on. Firstly, he's a man. He'll get away with anything in Hollywood. Secondly, she's previously divorced. Nobody considers her a paragon of virtue.

by Anonymousreply 6802/26/2013

Ben's biggest problem used to be gambling. He was practically an addict. He ran up huge losses and had a real passion for poker. I was becoming something dangerous for him. Hopefully, now that he is gaining respect and feeling better about his future as a director, he will stay away from the tables.

by Anonymousreply 6902/26/2013

What I want to know is why the fuck Garner was a presenter? What the fuck has she done lately other than fuck her balding, soon-to-be ex-husband?

by Anonymousreply 7002/26/2013

R68 I don't think I am wrong. Of course he will always have a career as a director but he wants to be a leading man and the public can barely stomach him on screen as is even if they like his films. If he leaves her (and it would have to be him that leaves) the whole narrative of his comeback would be null.

by Anonymousreply 7102/26/2013

Whatever happens with their marriage, Affleck came off as a tremendous douche at the Oscars. It was like he couldn't help his douchiness. And this is from someone who's really enjoyed his three directorial successes (although no way in hell I think 'Argo' deserved BP).

by Anonymousreply 7202/26/2013

Totally agree, R63. It was a stupid thing to say at that particular time. If I was his wife sitting there, I wouldn't be too happy.

by Anonymousreply 7302/26/2013

There was an article back in the late 90s/early 2000s where some Hollywood type claimed the three most ambitious women in Hollywood at the time were Jennifer Lopez, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Jennifer Garner.

Garner before her most recent marriage was everywhere. While on that TV show, she was on the cover of Entertainment Weekly every other week. She tried desperately to crossover to films but never quite made it. She's always traded up for guys and probably would have shived Katie Holmes to get to Tom Cruise if she hadn't already hitched onto Affleck. She'll probably never be nominated for an Oscar (best chance was in JUNO) so I'm sure she figures if she can't get one, she can marry it. there's another Garner thread somewhere and I compared her to Rita Wilson with a splash of Lady Macbeth.

by Anonymousreply 7402/26/2013

Garner was supposedly interviewed by Cruise (as was Scarlet Johansen) before Katie Holmes. They both turned him down.

by Anonymousreply 7502/26/2013

In other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

by Anonymousreply 7602/26/2013

She seems way into him than he is into her. She stop acting, moved to Boston and arranged her life according to his needs.

by Anonymousreply 7702/26/2013

R9 wrote: "So why did Benjamin hook up and even marry Jennifer in the 1st place?"

Perhaps because he fell in love with her, wants to be with her, wanted to have a family and settle down with her?

R16 wrote: "And she was pregnant [R12]. I don't see them divorcing anytime soon. She seems obsessed with the dude. I can't see her letting him go. No matter what. I feel for the guy. These bitches hang onto men like they're life preservers. Pathetic."

You feel for the guy for what reason? Because a) heaven forbid, his wife wants to remain married to him, and b) this must be hell for him because, according to you, why on earth should be want to remain marrier to his wife?

It's bizarre that we're supposedly fighting for gay marriage when most of you don't even understand the concept of being in love and being in a committed relationship. Are any of you in relationships? If so, you'd know that a good, lasting relationship requires a lot of work, especially when kids are involved. And, however hard it is, it's actually quite pleasant work. For someone who does understand that, Affleck praising his wife for the work she puts into their relationship is actually a sign that they have a great relationship, based on mutual respect and understanding.

by Anonymousreply 7802/26/2013

Michaeal and CZJ looked happy at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 7902/26/2013

Scott Foley felt threatened by Jennifer's career success with "Alias" while his career stalled. It caused major problems in their marriage. I don't blame her for seeking "comfort" with Vartan.

by Anonymousreply 8002/26/2013

R75, Garner was already pregnant and/or married when Tom begin interviewing beards.

by Anonymousreply 8102/26/2013

Jennifer was also pregnant before she had her oldest child, Violet. I remember seeing the photos. The fetus must have had an abnormality.

by Anonymousreply 8202/26/2013

That's very logical, OP.

Yes, it *would* happen in the future.

by Anonymousreply 8302/26/2013

Jennifrau's genes are very strong. All of their kids are spitting images of her. Jennifrau is the most Plain Jane looking woman out there. She does not ooze sex appeal at all. No wonder Ben doesn't care for her. She is like human Ambien.

This message has been brought to you courtesy of

by Anonymousreply 8402/26/2013

How do we really know he slept w/Blake L?

But he does come across as especially douchey.

by Anonymousreply 8502/26/2013

I never watched Alias, but my impression then from the media coverage was that Jennifer Garner, or at least her character, was supposed to be hot. Was it that wig? She had to have had some personality to pull off the role of a kick ass secret agent.

It's odd to see her high school pictures because she was so dorky then. She really must have been ambitious and thick skinned to have made it as far as she did in the business.

by Anonymousreply 8602/26/2013

Garner has a death grip on Affleck. He is the father of her two children. He's a two time Academy award winner, and he's only going to become a bigger influence in Hollywood with Clooney as his mentor. she would be just another pretty face with cute kids if she stupidly left him. They ain't divorcing, at least not until their youngest turns 18.

by Anonymousreply 8702/26/2013

Wasn't there a ton of street talk when JLo divorced re a possible reunion with Ben being crushed by Jennifer Garner's last pregnancy?

by Anonymousreply 8802/26/2013

THREE children r87.

by Anonymousreply 8902/26/2013

Look on youtube- Ben Affleck flirting French interviewer. Boy was that hot to be honest- He was completely wasted. And so adorable.

by Anonymousreply 9002/26/2013

Some women believe the more kids you have with a guy, the more it cements you to him.

by Anonymousreply 9102/26/2013

I thought the gossip was he was the one who wanted another child, because he wanted a boy. And if he didn't get one, he was going to leave her. Nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 9202/26/2013

[quote] Michaeal and CZJ looked happy at the Oscars.

They're ACTORS, dummy!

by Anonymousreply 9302/26/2013

[quote]I never watched Alias, but my impression then from the media coverage was that Jennifer Garner, or at least her character, was supposed to be hot. Was it that wig? She had to have had some personality to pull off the role of a kick ass secret agent.

As a young lesbian, I loved Jennifer on Alias. She was insanely hot to me. I don't usually (even to this day) get hot and bothered by celebrities, but she did it. However, I don't find her hot any longer. She most definitely was the It girl then though.

Also she hooked up with Ben when he was still a joke and couldn't get hired. So that theory doesn't really hold that she married him because he was such a catch.

by Anonymousreply 9402/26/2013

His career [italic]was[/italic] at a nadir when they got together.

by Anonymousreply 9502/26/2013

He was hotter when he was with JLo.

by Anonymousreply 9602/26/2013

R96, the only time Ben has ever seemed hot was with all that hair in Argo. (Alright, I could lose the beard, but firsttimeBenhotArgo.)

by Anonymousreply 9702/26/2013

There is already a blind about their split & many earlier ones that they fight a lot & that he still drinks & cheats.

by Anonymousreply 9802/26/2013

She probably used IVF to get the boy.

by Anonymousreply 9902/26/2013

R87 is absolutely correct. Ain't Gonna Happen.

Ben is certainly not going to leave her. As I have observed him over the years, I believe he has the best of both worlds: the stability he craves and needs of having a family, and the freedom to go and do whatever he wants.

I think it helps that Jennifer is very close to his mother, and that his BFF is Matt Damon who is very much settled in with his family. I have no idea if Ben cheats or whatever, but regardless, Ben is living proof of the old axiom: Men don't leave. Jennifer isn't going anywhere either. Read R87's rationale. It's absolutely on target.

by Anonymousreply 10002/26/2013

Right, [R95], everyone seems to have forgotten how far he'd fallen after the JLo nonsense, the flop of "Gigli" and other flicks, talk of gambling and addiction problems, plus the persistent gay-bi rumors (which seem to have magically disappeared since settling down).

by Anonymousreply 10102/26/2013

Why exactly does Affleck want to leave her? If he has women on the side and the influence to keep it quiet and the stability of a family, he does have the best of both worlds. Did he have enough money back when he married to have her sign a prenup? Who knows, she may have entered the marriage with more money if she was working steadily on Alias and doing a few movies. Especially considering the gambling losses.

by Anonymousreply 10202/26/2013

OP = Miss Cleo

by Anonymousreply 10302/26/2013

She's definitely more ambitious than she appears. She traded up men to finally snag the big prize. Without him, she would have already been forgotten. I can't believe she eclipsed Kerri Russell (they were both on felicity). No way in hell is Jen ever going to give up that man. She is no dummy, unlike Jennifer Aniston.

As far as Michael Douglas and CZJ. I believe the split rumors. They looked awkward when Ryan Seacrest interviewed them on the pre-show.

by Anonymousreply 10402/26/2013

Her sans fards trips to Starbucks with the kids are just as calculated as a lunch at The Ivy. I bet she leaked those Blake Lively photos as a warning to any starlet out there who's stupid enough to fuck with her meal ticket.

Even when Affleck's career was in low ebb, was there any doubt that he wouldn't come back? Garner got him when his stock was low and just waited for its value to go back up. Sunday was the culmination of years of hard work on her part.

Anyone know if she's a member of the Academy? They have many random members and though never nominated she's presented a lot.

by Anonymousreply 10502/26/2013

Jennifer and her kids are in the paper nearly every day. Sunday, the afternoon of the Oscars, Ben was snapped with Violet after attending the kid's spelling bee. They had to have alerted the paps for a Sunday afternoon spelling bee snap. Whores.

by Anonymousreply 10602/26/2013

[quote]She is no dummy, unlike Jennifer Aniston.

CA has a no fault divorce, meaning it can't be challenged. Jennifer Aniston had no choice.

If Affleck really wants to divorce her, he can whether she wants to or not. The only thing she could challenge is how community property is divided and child custody and visitation. I imagine she wouldn't have to sweat the latter issues as Ben doesn't seem to be terribly interested in fatherhood other than having her raise the kids and having an hour of dad time here and there.

So why would he want to divorce her if he has all these things already and, allegedly, women on the side?

by Anonymousreply 10702/26/2013

r107, having women on the side and being in an open relationship are two different things.

by Anonymousreply 10802/26/2013

r101, Affleck took a lot more heat from the press than he ever did from the industry, IMHO. Yes, his career was on the downswing, but it was the press who were fanning the hyperbole.

Martin Brest took the hit for Gigli, not Affleck. Ironic, since Brest is probably more talented.

by Anonymousreply 10902/26/2013

I think Jen has more paps on speed dial than Angie Jolie, and that's saying a lot. Both women are playing the role of "disinterested Hollywood movie star who hates attention and wow, look how disheveled I look" but have been able to navigate to the top of the food chain thru the use of strategic photo placement. I've told people before that Jen G. and Reese are MAJOR, MAJOR gatekeepers in Hollywood but no one ever believed me. If those women don't like you, you are in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 11002/26/2013

What r110 says about gatekeeping sounds so sensible.

by Anonymousreply 11102/26/2013

We really don't know what goes on in their relationship, whether it's open or he has "women on the side." Regardless, I don't think Ben's the type to let marriage vows get in the way.

Either way, if he's having his cake and eating it too, what possible motive does he have to leave the relationship unless he's head over heels in love with someone else? The he wants out rumors don't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 11202/26/2013

Now that he's an accomplished director he's going to have access to all the young starlets.

by Anonymousreply 11302/26/2013

[quote]I've told people before that Jen G. and Reese are MAJOR, MAJOR gatekeepers in Hollywood but no one ever believed me. If those women don't like you, you are in trouble.

More details please, that's the interesting bit of this whole thread. Who else are gatekeepers?

by Anonymousreply 11402/26/2013

This is the interview where Ben basically fingerfucks a quebecoise interviewer. It's pretty hot, actually. He's drunk, they've clearly fucked before, and they obviously fuck after. This is in maybe September 2004 - Bennifer broke up in January 2004 and he started Bennifer 2: Electric Boogaloo in October 2004 ish.

by Anonymousreply 11502/26/2013

Reese has a production company and married into CAA so I can see how she's a major gatekeeper Jennifer Garner, less do. Do her husband and George Clooney really pay that much attention to her?

by Anonymousreply 11602/26/2013

*less so

by Anonymousreply 11702/26/2013

Yuck, he comes off so needy in that clip. Total turn off.

by Anonymousreply 11802/26/2013

Michael Douglas and CZJ seemed real happy at the Oscars the other night. They were holding hands as they walked down the red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 11902/26/2013

Of course they'll break up at some point. 95% of Hollywood marriages do. But they'll last longer than most because he cheats a lot and she accepts it, and she continues to worship him. It's working.

At some point, say in 10 years, Ben will dump her for a 25-year old that he just couldn't help but fall in love with. She'll have no career and his career will only get hotter. It's how it works, ya'll.

by Anonymousreply 12002/26/2013

Yep, sometimes you can just see these things coming. (Awards shows as crystal ball)

by Anonymousreply 12102/26/2013

[quote]Scott Foley felt threatened by Jennifer's career success with "Alias" while his career stalled. It caused major problems in their marriage. I don't blame her for seeking "comfort" with Vartan.

BULL. That's the crap her PR leaked after the split. About 13 years when Garner was merely a bit player on Felicity, she already had a raging reputation as blood thirsty for fame. She would have screwed or screwed over anyone to get it. Once Foley got her Alias, she dumped him for Vartan who at the time was getting some very big film auditions, though nothing ever materialized. Less than two months after Ben and J-Lo called off their wedding split for good, Jennifer Garner was desperately pursuing him. She is one ruthless woman who thrives on her sweetheart reputation. Oh and you're not going to see her reuniting with JJ Abrams anytime soon. Count on it.

by Anonymousreply 12202/27/2013

After fucking J-Lo, his wife must be like vanilla pudding.

by Anonymousreply 12302/27/2013

R123, What do you mean by that comment?

by Anonymousreply 12402/27/2013

Ben has not been seen with Jenn since the Oscars. My money is on them to divorce. If you start an alternative thread for creepy and clingy show biz couples, Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman, Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green.

by Anonymousreply 12502/28/2013

R125, they haven't been seen together?

And you know this how?

Yeah, keep making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 12602/28/2013

Lainey. She said be worried if you don't see Ben photographed with Jenn by the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 12702/28/2013

Who is Lainey?

by Anonymousreply 12803/01/2013

Why would Affleck leave? He gets to have children he has minimal involvement with and looks like a "family man" to the clueless public. He gets to fuck around and do whatever he wants to do. He's got it made.

by Anonymousreply 12903/01/2013

[quote]About 13 years when Garner was merely a bit player on Felicity, she already had a raging reputation as blood thirsty for fame. She would have screwed or screwed over anyone to get it?

I have a hard time imagining that she was *that* sexually appealing to anyone let alone her little fingers, FFS?

I can't remember where I read this, but it does not seem like a poor follow up story.

"Once Foley got her Alias, she dumped him for Vartan who at the time was getting some very big film auditions, though nothing ever materialized. Less than two months after Ben and J-Lo called off their wedding split for good, Jennifer Garner was desperately pursuing him. She is one ruthless woman who thrives on her sweetheart reputation. Oh and you're not going to see

Yet she doesn't have much to offer in return in terms of intelligence, connections, beauty as you blithely dismiss her as c-u-n-t in your brochures or literature. She hasn't put anything forward as her exchange for his money and countenance.

by Anonymousreply 13003/01/2013

We're to believe Foley got her Alias when he couldn't get himself arrested? No way in hell. If Foley had that kind of pull, he would have used it for his own career. Foley is an asshole, she got a show and she dumped him. No sympathy for him.

by Anonymousreply 13103/01/2013

Lol. Uh, Foley did not get Jennifer Garner Alias. She was on Felicity. JJ already knew her.

by Anonymousreply 13203/01/2013

That doesn't make Foley an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 13303/01/2013

Garner's had a lot of plastic surgery to get as far as she has.

by Anonymousreply 13403/01/2013

I don't believe she had any plastic surgery, r134. You are just projecting. Both Violet and Sam look just like her. Sera favors her father. Stop making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 13503/01/2013

R135 is wrong. Garner has definitely had plastic surgery. She has had at least one nose job and an upper lip implant.

by Anonymousreply 13603/01/2013

You'd use Lainey as a source? Lainey? You are ridiculous! Lainey can't find her ass with both hands. She invents shit. I used to read Lainey, but I stopped ages ago.

Lainey's on the Canadian version of E! in Vancouver. She has a gossip blog. She has no insider sources. Her "sources" are other media types she runs into at press junkets. They sit around gossiping,acting like they know shit.

Once in a great while someone gets it right, by accident, but it is rare. When they do "break" some gossip news, it's about three seconds before it's public. And it very likely comes from publicists. So, no.

Lainey does what we do. She looks at photos, and assumes things or speculates and 99.9% of what she writes on her blog is her opinion, generously salted with what the publicists give them to say.

She loves flying down to L.A. for the Oscars. It gives her "cred." Oh, and like most Gossip sites, she loves ($$$) Taylor Swift. Lainey craps all over Beyonce alll the time until it becomes tedious,and makes excuses for Taylor Swift,"who is so young."

by Anonymousreply 13703/01/2013

Tom and Lorenzo said it best:

[quote]Having your husband lumber up to the stage to accept his Oscar only to go on and on about how hard it is to be married to you cannot have been how she wanted her night to go.

by Anonymousreply 13903/01/2013

I think Affleck was attemptingwith that speech,to tell everyone that he works "just as hard" at his marriage and family as he does making his movies. They are equally important.

My take is that yeah, maybe once in a while Ben cheats. I don't think it's a frequent occurence. I doubt it's ever serious. He probably still gambles, too.

He's doing serious charity work in Africa. He make movies. Ben has a lot of interests that compete for his time, and his wife supports his interests instead of competing and bitching. There's a lot of trust there and a lot of loyalty.It's a very strong partnership.

Jennifer once complained that he's a very slow filmmaker, and she'd go nuts trying to work with him. She said it takes him way too long to shoot a movie. But she's a lot more involved behind the scenes than people realize. She has everything she wants, and so does he.

by Anonymousreply 14003/01/2013

If he keeps the beard on his face, he can come see me anytime.

by Anonymousreply 14103/01/2013

"So he has a wondering eye, if she looked better he'd stay home more."

I wonder what kind of reactionary bullshit that is. He doesn't look any better than she does but she's fucking raising the three kids so he can look like a "family man".

by Anonymousreply 14203/01/2013

When he was up there accepting his Oscar, I bet JLO was kicking herself that he broke their engagement.

by Anonymousreply 14303/02/2013

Jwhore's never gotten over him, however, he's really past it and her.

by Anonymousreply 14403/02/2013

The only thing that could break JLo's heart is a broken mirror and no repolacement nearby.

by Anonymousreply 14503/02/2013

Jho hooked up with Marc Antony so fast and tried to spit those ugly kids out as soon as Ben and Jen started a family.

by Anonymousreply 14603/02/2013

Funny how people think of Clooney as single because he only shows up with Stacy "Beard" Keibler for formal events, and when they're together they're the least convincing couple ever.

by Anonymousreply 14703/02/2013

[quote] Jen G. and Reese are MAJOR, MAJOR gatekeepers in Hollywood but no one ever believed me. If those women don't like you, you are in trouble.

This is possible the most ridiculous thing I've heard on DL. You are really not tuned into the industry at all, my dear.

by Anonymousreply 14803/02/2013

R147, Do you think that Clooney does that purposely, so that others know that he is still very sexually available? I can't understand how his PR Team encourages this farce of a "relationship." It makes them both look like extremely untalented actors.

by Anonymousreply 14903/02/2013

He admits himself that he's still in touch with J-Lo there were rumors (true or false I don't know) that they were hooking up while they were both in Europe this summer. Besides her he's been rumored to have slept with Rebecca Hall,and Blake Lively. Over the summer there was a story that made the rounds about him sleeping with the TV actress Whitney Cummings at a party. Let's just say he doesn't let his marriage get in the way of his sex life.

by Anonymousreply 15003/02/2013

I think there's some truth in that highlighted statement, R148. There are lots of "power centers" in H'wood. They aren't the only ones. Ben & Jen's have their own clique, but their focus isn't to mess people up. Altho I'd never compete with Affleck for a project. He and Clooney both know how to get what they want.

As for Reese, she was always vindictive & mean and now that she's married to one of the top CAA guys, she can really fuck you up. Allegedly Reese & Jennifer are friends so maybe she "looks out for" Jen.

by Anonymousreply 15103/02/2013

As long as she is shoving her kids in front of the paps lenses 2 times a week to stay in the public conscience Ben will not divorce her. She loves being Mrs Affleck, without him she would have been forgotten long time ago. Not that I like him much better, he seems very douchy, very immature and is by far not as talented as he wants everybody to believe. He is a Hollywood player and whatever he does will be heard in the industry. Yuck on both of them. BTW I think Reese W husband is gay. Since she bearded for Jake G before she does not mind doing it again. If people like her start having too much to say in Hollywood all artistic quality in movies will be going down the drain. I got the feeling she is a racist and right-wing.

by Anonymousreply 15203/02/2013

R152, it's more likely that she got tired of embarrassing herself with closet case Gyllenhaal and their fake relationship, and found herself a straight man to marry.

by Anonymousreply 15303/02/2013

[quote]Regardless, I don't think Ben's the type to let marriage vows get in the way.

I read a recent interview with Ben and I believe he's devoted to Garner but not because he's in love with her, but solely because she was there for him when his career tanked. I remember watching the Dinner for Five episode with the Daredevil cast and I saw how in love Garner was with Ben even then (I think she was still with Foley or had just broken up). She loves Ben's dirty bath water. But in his interview he just seemed to talk about how he doesn't want to disappoint her and she makes him want to be a better person. When someone worships you as Garner seems to do Ben, then I get why you would stick around even if you're not in love.

by Anonymousreply 15403/02/2013

There's a reason Jen is always photographed with those kids. They are adorable and if Ben decides to leave or gets caught in a scandal, the public will hate him.

by Anonymousreply 15503/02/2013

Their two daughters always looks happy when they're papped unlike many other celebrity offspring.

by Anonymousreply 15603/02/2013

OP, are our the gayracle of Delphi? You can say that about 90% of all couples that they will "split up sometime in the future". Name the date, time and place and I'll be impressed.

by Anonymousreply 15703/02/2013

r151, so just how do Affleck and Clooney "know how to get what they want" in Hollywood. Just curious. You sound in the know about how it works in H'wood. Do tell. Do they threaten, cajole, beg, demand, bad mouth? How? What? Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 15903/02/2013

"Jen Garner needs to focus on herself and stop using her kids as another tool to keep Ben. Women are beyond pathetic."

Ben Affleck should not use his kids and wife as a tool to position himself well to the public and within the industry. Men are beyond pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 16003/02/2013

None of you knows a goddamn thing about this marriage.

by Anonymousreply 16103/02/2013

I have seen Ben's fat ass in Reindeer Games.

by Anonymousreply 16203/02/2013

R153 I am surprised a stunner like Toth would go for some ordinary Hick town chick like Reese. He could certainly do better than somebody so boring and unsexy looking as her. Besides she seems to have a really unpleasant and nasty personality.

Pimping your own kids for publicity seems be be common PR practise in Hollywood these days. Katie Holmes whole career is based on how often she is papped with her kid. Pitt and Angelina showed them all how to do it. Get with another celb, marry them, see how cute my kids are and the movie part and millions keep rolling.

by Anonymousreply 16303/03/2013

Publicity is the only reason to have children! Please see my latest Stinker Stoker now playing in seven theaters.

by Anonymousreply 16403/03/2013

Toth a "stunner"??!!! He's pretty ugly.

by Anonymousreply 16503/03/2013

[quote}Jen Garner needs to focus on herself and stop using her kids as another tool to keep Ben. Women are beyond pathetic.

R158, you need to stop generalizing about 50% of the human population based on the actions of one individual.

by Anonymousreply 16603/03/2013

Erm, r166, how do you know the gender/sexuality of an anon poster trying to wind you up?

[quote]There's a reason Jen is always photographed with those kids.

Because...they're her kids and she's always with her kids?

by Anonymousreply 16703/03/2013

They won't split now...he has the son he's always wanted. He looks miserable when he's with the girls.

by Anonymousreply 16803/03/2013

Jennifer has the most masculine face of any female actress.

by Anonymousreply 16903/03/2013

[quote] I am surprised a stunner like Toth would go for some ordinary Hick town chick like Reese

She's an Oscar winning actress with a lot of money. I'm sure more money than he has. Her history gives him the kind of cachet a guy like him in his job would kill for.

So, yea, she's a trophy wife to him.

by Anonymousreply 17003/03/2013

[quote] None of you knows a goddamn thing about this marriage.

LOL! Since when has that stopped DL from analyzing the intricacies of a relationship? Don't you know you can tell everything from photographs? Or lack thereof.

by Anonymousreply 17103/03/2013

R170 If you like your trophy wife to be an ugly, ordinary chick with a right wing personality, then yes you are right.

by Anonymousreply 17203/03/2013

We know Ben cheats and JG looks the other way, so I think we -and Blake Lively- do know a goddamn thing about their PR marriage.

by Anonymousreply 17303/03/2013

I just saw Argo and thought it was okay. Nothing special, ZDT was more impressive.

by Anonymousreply 17403/03/2013

Where is the proof of this Blake and Affleck hook up?

by Anonymousreply 17503/04/2013

Wow, OP. That's really going out on a limb. Don't strain your psychic brain too hard.

by Anonymousreply 17603/04/2013

If he stays with her it will only be because he wants a political career. Garner is great PR for that. She is always being photographed with the kids and appears to pretty much have put her career on the back burner except for a movie here and there. She is a great cover among the mainstream for all the strippers and actresses he cheats with.

by Anonymousreply 17703/04/2013

He "sneaked" them in, too.

by Anonymousreply 17803/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!