Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Favorite mysteries??

What are your favorite mysteries? My favorite mystery is the one about the woman who died in a tank recently. I wonder what happened to her. It's really sad RIP Elissa Lam.

by Anonymousreply 1401/28/2015

The great mystery:

"Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the Jedi. If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace a larger view of the Force."

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

Murder on the Orient Express.

by Anonymousreply 202/25/2013

Hide the sausage

by Anonymousreply 302/25/2013

I just listened to an interesting podcast about the Elissa Lam case (link below).

The guys who run the podcast are admittedly pretty low-energy most of the time, but they are always chock full of facts about their podcast topics.

After listening, I have to conclude that Elissa may have acted alone in her own demise.

Although....did they ever find the clothes she was wearing? Did she remove them in her room, or somewhere in the hotel?

Also, if you have water in your lungs, does that mean that you died drowning? Or can water get in there after you're dead?

And if a body is in the water for 19 days and is "degloved" (***shudder***) would evidence of sexual activity or trauma still be detectable?

Hmmmmm. I still have questions, apparently. The police closed the case though, so we'll never really know, I supposed.

by Anonymousreply 401/27/2015

How about the Dyatlov Pass mystery. No one on DL discusses that. Can someone start a thread about the Dyatlov Pass incident please?

by Anonymousreply 501/27/2015

I would think the civil suits planned by some of the people who stayed in the hotel and drank the Elisa Lam water would blow the cover off the secretive police investigation and the sudden closing of the case.

by Anonymousreply 601/28/2015

Lord Lucan.

"On the evening of 7 November 1974, the children's nanny, Sandra Rivett, was bludgeoned to death in the basement of the Lucan family home. Lady Lucan was also attacked; she later identified Lucan as her assailant. As the police began their murder investigation, Lucan telephoned his mother, asking her to collect the children, and then drove a borrowed Ford Corsair to a friend's house in Uckfield, East Sussex. Hours later, he left the property and was never seen again. The Corsair was later found abandoned in Newhaven, its interior stained with blood and its boot containing a piece of bandaged lead pipe similar to one found at the crime scene. A warrant for Lucan's arrest was issued a few days later, and in his absence the inquest into Rivett's death named him as her murderer, the last occasion in Britain when a coroner's court was allowed to make such a determination.

Lucan's fate remains a fascinating mystery."

I don't believe he was ever found.

by Anonymousreply 701/28/2015

From what I have read the dead do not breathe..if there is water in the lungs, they technically drowned.

by Anonymousreply 801/28/2015

R5 the Generation Why guys did a podcast about that last year, too.

I seem to recall a general consensus that there was an avalanche and some of the hikers heard it and ran from their tents, which is why they were found far from the campsite. And the one girl swallowed her own tongue, or something along those lines.

The Generation Why guys lean towards the Occam's Razor method, and don't seem to ever buy into the paranormal hype. Which is usually that, just hype.

For example, they pointed out that pictures of the hotel roof that indicate Elissa could have indeed climbed into the water tank via a ladder are not posted on the websites that claim some sort of demon ghost killed Elissa.

by Anonymousreply 901/28/2015

Go here if you have some time to kill.

by Anonymousreply 1001/28/2015

These podcasts are addictive.

by Anonymousreply 1101/28/2015

I just found the Missing 411 podcasts on You Tube.

I'm listening to the one that discusses all of the people gone missing in state and national parks....riveting. And very scary...

This will take me right through tax season....

by Anonymousreply 1201/28/2015

Key Learning from podcasts so far:

When hiking in a state or national park, do not, I repeat, DO NOT, be last in the line of hikers.

by Anonymousreply 1301/28/2015

N me cares about those fucking Miseing 411 tapes by that lunatic, David Paulides, how many of these threads are you going to start, r13?

by Anonymousreply 1401/28/2015
Need more help? Click Here.