Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who should host the oscars next year?

I think any of the following should suffice:

Anne Hathaway (She excelled, it was Franco who stunk. I think if Anne hosted all by herself next year, it would be a great show)

Madonna (again, like Anne, a one woman show. Can bring the humor, the singing and the dancing all by herself.)

Kelly Ripa

Tom Bergeron

Joan Rivers

Lisa Lampanelli

Howard Stern and Robin Quivers

Neil Patrick Harris

The ladies of The View (whoopi is an oscar winner, joy and sherri have also done many movies. Joy and Whoopi alone would be a scream!)

by Anonymousreply 6602/27/2013

OP, apart from NPH you have atrocious taste.

The Oscars have been fucking up more often than not in the past decade because they think the most important element in a host is "funny," when the most important element should be "classy." I don't want a stand-up act when I watch the Oscars. I want a sophisticated evening.

For me, the perfect Oscar host is Hugh Jackman.

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

Jimmy Fallon or Steve Carrell

by Anonymousreply 302/25/2013

Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert...

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

OP, I hope you are joking. Hugh Jackman and a non-irritating female.

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

Hugh Jackman had his chance. He stunk.

Move on.

by Anonymousreply 602/25/2013

Seth MacFarlane.

Excellent emcee.

by Anonymousreply 702/25/2013

Since they usually do a corrective host after a bad one to make up for his/her faults, and since Seth MacFarlane is mostly being criticized today for his sexist jokes last night, I would recommend a female host next time.

My choices:

Tina Fey and/or Amy Poehler

Jane Lynch

Kristen Wiig

Queen Latifah

by Anonymousreply 802/25/2013

No cunts

by Anonymousreply 902/25/2013

I would LOVE Lisa Lampanelli to host

by Anonymousreply 1002/25/2013

I agree that OP's choices are beyond awful. They're almost parodies of bad choices.

They're never going to hire Joan Rivers--she's a million years old AND foul-mouthed, two things they try to avoid.

Madonna "Can bring the Humor"???? She is notoriously [bold]without[/bold] a sense of humor. And she is also a million years old.

by Anonymousreply 1102/25/2013

Lena Dunham!

by Anonymousreply 1202/25/2013

Giselle McKenzie

by Anonymousreply 1302/25/2013

2 time Oscar winner, Luise Rainer!

Thread closed!

by Anonymousreply 1402/25/2013

Or us!

by Anonymousreply 1502/25/2013

Never gonna happen, R7.

Can you imagine the reaction if he stunk up the place two years running?

Secretariat has more chance of winning this year's Kentucky Derby.

by Anonymousreply 1602/25/2013

Katt Williams, Charlie Sheen, and Lindsay Lohan.

Yup, I'd watch it. And I haven't watched a full Oscars telecast since Halle Berry won.

by Anonymousreply 1702/25/2013

Seth MacFarlane again.

Or Joan Rivers. She's still the funniest comedian today.

by Anonymousreply 1802/25/2013

It'll either be Tina and Amy or Seth again.

by Anonymousreply 1902/25/2013

Seth MacFarlane should host again.

by Anonymousreply 2002/25/2013

Walking the dog the subject came up (making small talk while the dogs catch up with each other.) One woman I've spoken to a few times -- maybe in her 70s the other in her 50s.

Neither were familiar with Seth. The younger one had heard of him. The older knew nothing about him, she turned it on not intending to really watch but thought he was handsome and funny and kept watching.

I haven't seen any of it but I do like Seth and was sorry to hear he was setting himself for this. Practically everybody gets pissed on that has tried to host and he has a very definite style of humor that is not going to appeal to a wide range of people.

Unless he tried to reel it in a little, which he doesn't seem the type to do that.

Anyway, I had read a bit on here last night that the critics were going after him so I was surprised to hear these ladies enjoyed him.

by Anonymousreply 2102/25/2013

Tina and Amy

by Anonymousreply 2202/25/2013

tima and amy would be copying golden globes.... oscars won't want to do that....

i love the short memories people have - jon stewart has done the oscar hosting duties, so's whoopi, hugh and anne and all to some criticism

i'd like to see Steve Carrell do it

by Anonymousreply 2302/25/2013

I agree that Seth should host again next year.

by Anonymousreply 2402/26/2013

Anybody but Neil Patrick Harris...

I'm so sick of his self-satisfied self!

by Anonymousreply 2502/26/2013

[quote]After last night, I was thinking about how the Oscar hosts have been shitty for over the past decade.

I say they skip having a host next year and just have the announcer announce the presenters and the performances.

These hosts have been so shitty and their material is so lame that they should just skip having a host alltogether.

by Anonymousreply 2602/26/2013

I say torch it. Let Louis CK loose on the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 2702/26/2013

Kimmel

by Anonymousreply 2802/26/2013

Joan Rivers is a good choice, she is not afraid to be controversial. BTW I liked Seth's Rhianna joke. Everybody should call her on her famewhoring fake abused women image.

It's shocking to me how PR works today. There seems to be nothing too low to get attention.

by Anonymousreply 2902/26/2013

Has Chris Rock done it yet?

by Anonymousreply 3002/26/2013

Jimmy Fallon

Jimmy Kimmel

Jimmy Carey

by Anonymousreply 3102/26/2013

Yes, he has R30, and got generally the same reaction as MacFarlane has.

by Anonymousreply 3202/26/2013

Craig Ferguson

by Anonymousreply 3302/26/2013

Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen. Plus copious amounts of coke and booze backstage. Now, that would make me watch that wretched show after 10 years of having no interest in it.

by Anonymousreply 3402/26/2013

I'd like to see Anne Hathaway, Tina Fey, and Brian Williams as co-hosts.

by Anonymousreply 3502/26/2013

Brian Williams would be great too, but please AnnE noooooooooooooo, just noooooooo. I want her career to tank big time for forcing herself into my view too many times, besides she is just mediocre as an actress and she looks obsessed and mentally crazy. Plus she is not hot at all and seems to be dumb too.

by Anonymousreply 3602/26/2013

We need new stars!!!

by Anonymousreply 3702/26/2013

Selena Gomez

by Anonymousreply 3802/26/2013

These two:

by Anonymousreply 3902/26/2013

Will Farrell

by Anonymousreply 4002/26/2013

Jerry Seinfeld should host/

What was the deal with Lincoln's beard? And no, I'm not talking about Mary.

What's the deal with Les Miserables? "Do You Hear The People Sing?" Yes, I hear the people singing. I've heard them singing for 3 hours now!!! I think we've heard them singing.

by Anonymousreply 4102/26/2013

Honestly, they should get the cast of Community to do it. Joel McHale et al, would be funny.

Or just Joel McHale.

He's funny and charming, but not smug-charming. He'd be perfect. Although part of me wants the cast up there with him because they play off each other well.

by Anonymousreply 4202/26/2013

Jerry Seinfeld

What was the deal with Lincoln's beard? And no, I'm not talking about Mary.

What's the deal with Les Miserables? "Do You Hear The People Sing?" Yes, I hear the people singing. I've heard them singing for 3 hours now!!! I think we've heard them singing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4302/26/2013

Tyler Perry dressed like Madea.

by Anonymousreply 4402/26/2013

R44 I actually like that idea! Funnier than that smug Seth.

by Anonymousreply 4502/26/2013

Hugh Jackman was great when he did it. I don't remember any criticism. The Academy tried to get him back, but he couldn't afford the enormous amount of time involved.

by Anonymousreply 4602/26/2013

Stephen Fry is a terrific award show host (and openly gay, of course). Not a singer or dancer, but funny, charming and classy even when he's being off colour or ribbing a fellow celebrity. However, he hosts the BAFTAs and he's perfect in that spot as a beloved institution in the british arts scene and member of that community. He's not part of Hollywood, I can't see him dumping the British ceremony for the Oscars even if they thought to ask him, and having the same guy host two of the major televised movie awards ceremonies would be too much demand on the guy and would take away from the "specialness" of each show.

Here's his 2013 BAFTA opening if anyone is interested.

by Anonymousreply 4702/26/2013

I would love to see Joan Rivers host the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 4802/26/2013

Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman hosted their version of Oscars in Australia and I heard they got great reviews. Why not?

by Anonymousreply 4902/26/2013

[quote] I would love to see Joan Rivers host the Oscars.

Joan's face is uncomfortable to look at because it looks like a weird mask, plus the only people in Hollywood who like her at all are some fellow female comedians. And she's too old to attract the young folks while also lacking the class factor one associates with going with an older host.

by Anonymousreply 5002/26/2013

Yes, R50, I'm aware of all that. But *I* would, in fact, love to watch the Oscars with her hosting.

by Anonymousreply 5102/26/2013

Definitely Kelly Ripa.

by Anonymousreply 5202/26/2013

Actually Kelly Ripa is a great idea. I've found her to be inexplanably likable and unexpectedly funny. I like it when I'm surprised by people.

I think she would do well as host. But do you think she could do it solo, or would they have to pair her with somebody?

by Anonymousreply 5302/26/2013

Joan would try so hard, she would bomb. They need a regular host not a frat boy or anyone who's comedy consist of only insults.

by Anonymousreply 5402/26/2013

Has Ellen really fallen that much off the map? I though she did a pretty good job when she hosted

by Anonymousreply 5502/26/2013

Beyonce, she can mumble her way through the entire ceremony and we can read subtitles!

by Anonymousreply 5602/26/2013

Lens Dungham, naked and proud!

by Anonymousreply 5802/26/2013

She did an excellent job for the Emmys, So-so for the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 5902/26/2013

Jennifer Coolidge and Catherine O'Hara.

by Anonymousreply 6002/26/2013

Jennifer Saunders and Dawn French

by Anonymousreply 6102/26/2013

Love the idea of Joel McHale but I expect he isn't famous enough. I could see ABC pushing Kimmel to do it to promote his show.

Why can't someone like George Clooney host one year and give us an old school Bob Hope-ish like M.C.?

by Anonymousreply 6202/26/2013

[quote]Madonna (again, like Anne, a one woman show. Can bring the humor, the singing and the dancing all by herself.)

AHAAHAA! Oh, my sides, MY SIDES!

by Anonymousreply 6302/26/2013

I can't stand Jimmy Kimmel. He is such a smug asshole.

by Anonymousreply 6402/27/2013

RuPaul and Lady Bunny.

Tipsy hostesses with the most-esses.

by Anonymousreply 6502/27/2013

Kristen Stewart showed on Sunday why she'd be the perfect choice.

by Anonymousreply 6602/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.