Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

SNL: time to clean house for Fall

Lorne: please hire an all-new cast and I'll start watching again.

by Anonymousreply 2002/26/2013

Lorne Michaels needs to go. I can appreciate him for what he did in the beginning for SNL, but Jesus Christ the man is an ancient old fossil now and has been an out-of-touch Hamptons socialite for decades. He is completely clueless about contemporary real life and what's funny. SNL needs fresh, young blood for its showrunner.

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

I disagree, OP. I think it's a strong cast right now.

I see Taram Killum, Nasim Pedrad and Kate McKinnon as really strong "can play anything" SNL actors. They're perfect for the show, and I think McKinnon shows real potential for going farther than the show.

I suppose Fred is kind of tired at this point, and Jason Sudekis seems barely interested. But it's not like it's some disaster like OP seems to think.

I should point out that I never watch SNL live. On the DVR you can skip the commercials and plow through the sketches that are clearly going nowhere. It makes it much easier to see what the show is doing right when you're not suffering through the live broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 202/25/2013

It's not that they need new actors, but new writers and producers. They're been doing the same skits for years.

by Anonymousreply 302/25/2013

Seth Meyers seems especially useless this year; knowing he was so close to replacing Regis must piss him off.

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

SETH IS THE PROBLEM.

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

Kate McKinnon is good!

by Anonymousreply 602/25/2013

Seth didn't want the Regis job. He took himself out of the running. I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to sit next to that fake anorexic old wind bag either. Wish Seth felt the same about SNL. He's useless anymore.

by Anonymousreply 702/25/2013

Don't want to see another game show skit, EVER!

by Anonymousreply 802/25/2013

[quote]He's useless anymore.

oh my

by Anonymousreply 902/25/2013

[quote]I see Taram Killum, Nasim Pedrad and Kate McKinnon as really strong "can play anything" SNL actors. They're perfect for the show, and I think McKinnon shows real potential for going farther than the show.

I also think Cecily Strong is extremely promising and has managed to elevate some pretty bad material.

by Anonymousreply 1002/25/2013

Who's the fat girl? Her fat face makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 1102/25/2013

I'm not ready to lose Bill Hader who I think is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 1202/25/2013

Leave Seth alone!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1302/26/2013

The cast is mostly fine; it's the writers who need to go. I haven't warmed to Cecily Strong yet-- just don't think she is very funny. Love Kate McKinnon and Aidy Bryant. Nasim needs more to do..she's really good. Vanessa Bayer doesn't seem to have much going for her other than Miley Cyrus.

Taran is a future superstar. I'm kind of tired of Fred and Kenan. Bill and Jason could stay forever as far as I'm concerned. Jay is pretty good, and I don't mind the new guy..Tim? Tim?

Seth should make Vanessa his co-anchor.

by Anonymousreply 1402/26/2013

Agree with everyone that it's the writers that are the problem, not the performers.

by Anonymousreply 1502/26/2013

Seth turned down the Regis job? Oh please r4, maybe that is what they said now.

by Anonymousreply 1602/26/2013

It really does seem to be the writers. Most of the new folks are quite funny. Taran and Kate McKinnon especially, but all the women are good. Fred and Jason need to go. Fred is just weird and Jason (who was a good anchoring presence for a long time) is just phoning it in.

The shows aren't funny as a whole. They just aren't. The things each new kid does on their own are pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 1702/26/2013

I wish they would hire a black girl. I'm so tired of Keenan playing them.

by Anonymousreply 1802/26/2013

Last month, SNL was NBC's highest rated show on the network. Not just on Saturday night, but for all of NBC's shows.

SNL is now keeping the lights on at NBC. No cast changes at SNL. NBC has much bigger problems.

by Anonymousreply 1902/26/2013

"I see Taram Killum, Nasim Pedrad and Kate McKinnon"

I'm sorry, I don't know what any of those words mean.

by Anonymousreply 2002/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.