Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anne Hathaway

She was totally vacant at the Oscars. Her thank-you speech was muted and reserved. She's been more emotional over Teen Choice Awards she's received. Also, she ended up bailing on the Valentino dress she was supposed to wear (according to the Valentino press release) and went with a basic Prada dress.

Anyone else notice her withdrawnness? Marriage problems? Something worse?

by Anonymousreply 4909/11/2014

She's probably been reading DL.

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

She has fibromyalgia of the nipples.

So tender to the touch.

by Anonymousreply 202/25/2013

I think she misjudged it as much as she did other awards shows. If Anne could just be herself in the moment instead of giving a performance she'd be a lot better off.

I did like her wagging her finger at Captain Von Trapp like they just did some blow together in the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 302/25/2013

She's hungry and out of work. Nothing lined-up but a cartoon voiceover and a bit part in an upcoming Joseph Gordon-Levitt comedy.

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

Yes r4, you're right, no projects lined up AND the oscar just priced her out of most budgets, or at least that's what her agent will tell her when no further offers come in.

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

I had already peeked into her window so she'd see my face. Plus she's such a mess that she thought she was being "machure" and properly dignified. And she was just starting her period, as she told that Bald Sick Tit Woman on ABC.

by Anonymousreply 602/25/2013

She's in her 30's now. I don't see her lasting much longer. Plus she's ugly. The thought of that nasty face with age on it? Sends shivers. It really does.

by Anonymousreply 702/25/2013

Last night she seemed so nervous, I'm glad she didn't pee her pale satin gown!

She should have worn black.

by Anonymousreply 802/25/2013

[quote]Her thank-you speech was muted and reserved.

Which it needed to be considering how hyper and long-winded her prior speeches have been. I'm sure someone got ahold of her and reined her in before the Oscars.

I posted here months ago how odd I thought she'd been acting, how thin she was and how vacant she seemed. Everyone is convinced shes got major ego issues but I'm not convinced. I think she's got major insecurity problems and possibly depression and its caused trouble for her.

by Anonymousreply 902/26/2013

[quote]She's hungry and out of work. Nothing lined-up but a cartoon voiceover and a bit part in an upcoming Joseph Gordon-Levitt comedy.

Psssst, can't do Broadway if your on location doing a movie now can you?

by Anonymousreply 1002/26/2013

#11, she gets the same treatment we give Liza, Carol Channing, etc. We don't like fakey-gushy ass-kissy.

by Anonymousreply 1202/26/2013

Tracey Flick gets what she wants, is secretly terrified at the result.

by Anonymousreply 1302/26/2013

can't stand her - especially when she whispereed "it came true" when she was at the podium

hopefully, she will suffer from the supporting actress oscar curse

by Anonymousreply 1402/26/2013

She's highly intellectual and extremely witty. A hungry actress who isn't afraid to dish on the internals of the craft. She needs an interviewer along the lines of Cavett. She is wasted on these simple minded talk shows. In short, she excels when truly challenged.

I can totally see her getting the EGOT. She has that kind of overwhelming talent. And it wouldn't surprise me if she branched out in many other areas. We're just seeing one facet of a potentially remarkable career.

by Anonymousreply 1502/26/2013

There seems to be an overwhelming "not this bitch again" backlash coming at Anne from pretty much everyone these days (not just DL)... she has no one to blame but herself.

A little bit of humble pie and some genuine emotion instead of a rehearsed performance every time she won an award could have made her the world's darling - but most people are sick to death of her.

You have your Oscar, now fuck off seems to be the sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 1602/26/2013

if shes such a "hungry actress" then she needs to get back to WORK stat. She’s got nothing lined up for 6-7 months which is a lifetime in her business. The next thing is an indie hipster pic that has her husband attached as producer which means it’s a vanity project to keep him busy (and that’s the word around).

I say this as an Anne fan btw. Awards season is over time to end the posing and get back to work. she now belongs to the same peer group as Adams, Weisz and even Watts (yes she does) and trust none of them are resting on laurels. The competition went up a notch for her after winning that Oscar – time to get BUSY.

by Anonymousreply 1702/26/2013

[quote] R15: A hungry actress who isn't afraid to dish on the internals of the craft.

Even if this twat is intentionally posting a howler of a post, the capacity to write this sentence indicates the yeast infection has traveled to her brain.

by Anonymousreply 1802/26/2013

I think Jennifer Lawrence stole her thunder.

by Anonymousreply 1902/26/2013

Stephen Colbert trashed her last night. It was HI-larious.

by Anonymousreply 2102/26/2013

[quote]Can someone explain the lunatic obsession with this woman on Datalounge?

I'd like to know that too, r21. She's not like Ms. Goop or Victoria Jackson so what's with all the vitriol?

by Anonymousreply 2202/26/2013

Maybe Sally Field slipped her a roofie, OP?

Anne Hathaway just played her own self out, as we say in the South. Her public persona is very transparent.

I think what her problem might wind up being is that she truly might not be able to play a fierce role period. For example, Charlize Theron (sp?) totally changed her career around for the better with "Monster" and I honestly do not think that Anne Hathaway has that kind of role in her at all.

by Anonymousreply 2302/26/2013

R23, isn't Catwoman a fierce role? I thought she was good but her performance is forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 2402/26/2013

Good old Anne - damned if she does, damned if she doesn't on DL. Whatever...

Oh, and Sally Field looked like a big, old ball of cheap red fabric.

by Anonymousreply 2502/26/2013

[quote]She's highly intellectual and extremely witty.

She had a few semesters at Vassar and then went to an "individualized" study program at NYU (like that dumb Olsen troll). She's hardly a natural braniac, nor is she well-educated.

[quote]A hungry actress who isn't afraid to dish on the internals of the craft.

Well she's a hungry actress, that's for sure. I don't know why anyone would care about her "dishing on the internals of the craft" for fuck's sake.

[quote]She needs an interviewer along the lines of Cavett.

No, Dick Cavett would crush her in about two minutes, given that he'd take one minute for a typical introduction prior to making her look like an idiot.

[quote]She is wasted on these simple minded talk shows. In short, she excels when truly challenged.

You are truly delusional. The only reason she seems barely literate is because she is surrounded by people who are even dumber and less educated.

[quote]I can totally see her getting the EGOT.

She might, but that in no way means she should.

[quote]She has that kind of overwhelming talent.

Oh - this is a parody post. Sorry, R15 - my bad.

[quote]And it wouldn't surprise me if she branched out in many other areas. We're just seeing one facet of a potentially remarkable career.

Please, dear lord, let this crazy bitch cut an album or try to direct something.

The best thing about AnnE was that she stood up for her brother. Then she used that, and him being gay, to promote herself and her Oscar chances. She's a phony manipulative cunt. t

by Anonymousreply 2602/26/2013

And she's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 2702/26/2013

Jennifer Lawrence did indeed steal her thunder. Jennifer looked far more glamorous in her gown (even when she tripped}. She looked the movie star. She was also warmly received by the audience and the press corps fell in love with her after she won. And, Jennifer is only 22, a few years younger than Anne. Anne did not appear to get the same postive reception. It may be that Anne has her award, but not necessarily the affection of her peers. How did she become so polarizing?

by Anonymousreply 2802/26/2013

Why is she still talking?!

Go away already!

by Anonymousreply 2902/26/2013

She's simply not camera-ready--exposure is not her friend, and mega-exposure has made (millions of) people have visceral reactions to her. It's sad, in a way--I'm sure she's not *that* bad in real life. I've heard her compared to a theater kid a lot recently, and I see the resemblance. And Lord knows theater kids' personalities are appreciated by a very few, usually their parents and other theater kids.

by Anonymousreply 3002/26/2013

I thought it was a lunatic obsession confined to DL but then I read the article at link and I think there's widespread disdain for her fierce attempts to seem humble and grateful.

by Anonymousreply 3102/26/2013

That Prada gown was mad ugly. I just wish that it had been her who had fallen when she went to get her Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 3202/26/2013

Oh don't be so dramatic/ridiculous, R33. Expressing a healthy contempt for these self-absorbed idiots is hardly confined to the DL.

If you're going to note that there are people we hate, you may as well note that there are people we love. With most it's a combination of both as well as a "meh" contingent.

Is there a fucking Hathaway shill on the DL? I wish she'd stop it now, the girl got an Oscar. Mission Accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 3402/26/2013

"I don't think everyone on DL is like this, but there is a contingent that apparently cannot abide success of any kind in anyone else. "

There's certainly a contingent that cannot abide successful women, or women who take their careers seriously. Some people seem deeply offended that she's been open about wanting an Oscar.

While I don't really understand the venom, the fact is that Hathaway plays extremely likeable girls in the movies, but really does seem self-important and humorless when interviewed. Big deal, she's no Gwynneth.

by Anonymousreply 3502/26/2013

She looked genuinely frightened during the reading of the names. Russell Crowe was talking about it on Leno last night. She said she was in a tough spot since she had won so much prior to the Oscar and you could feel the enthusiasm and respect for Sally so they were all unsure how she'd do Oscar night.

I think she was going for reserved reverence. She's been in the public eye her whole adult life...she probably doesn't know how to just be herself.

by Anonymousreply 3602/27/2013

It seems the Jennifer Lawrence fans here are the ones who are very anti-Anne Hathaway, including the one who had to post an essay at R26.

They're trying to mask Lawrence's shortcomings and obnoxious behavior by ridiculing Anne. It started at the Golden Globes. Jennifer has her oscar, so mission accomplished. Stop trying to tear down another actress to make yours look good.

by Anonymousreply 3702/27/2013

She had such a bad time hosting the awards a year or two ago with the vacant James Franco that she was terrified of being up there again with all eyes on her ....

by Anonymousreply 3802/27/2013

Yeah R26 sounds very creepy. Can a Restraining Order be far behind?

by Anonymousreply 3902/27/2013

Dude! The issues people have with Hathaway are obsessive. You don't like her, fine. But it's not such big fucking deal to not like an actor. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 4002/27/2013

No r26 is spot-on.

Looking over the Oscars 2014 thread was really fascinating; there are a huge amount of already-filmed, or partially-filmed A-list projects coming up. Each one features major talents. Ann is in NONE of them, which is very strange.

Jennifer Lawrence, for instance, has at least 2 more films ready for release.

by Anonymousreply 4102/27/2013

She just did too much promotion. It was overkill.

by Anonymousreply 4202/27/2013

She's just a simple girl from New Jersey and The Paper Mill Playhouse. She just got married, maybe she wants to take a year off to be with her husband. Not every actor is completely career obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 4302/27/2013

[quote]Looking over the Oscars 2014 thread was really fascinating; there are a huge amount of already-filmed, or partially-filmed A-list projects coming up. Each one features major talents. Ann is in NONE of them, which is very strange.

I don't think she's filmed anything since Les Miz and she doesn't have anything upcoming this year either.

by Anonymousreply 4402/27/2013

She said on the red carpet she goes back to work in September.

by Anonymousreply 4502/27/2013

Harpy-fest hissyfit over "the dress:"

by Anonymousreply 4603/01/2013

AnnE is filming with DeNiro (who is loking like Woody Allen these days).

by Anonymousreply 4709/11/2014

R47 Woody never looked that healthy.

by Anonymousreply 4809/11/2014

R48 - True.

by Anonymousreply 4909/11/2014
Need more help? Click Here.