Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anne Hathaway is 1/2 way to an EGOT

Guess this means in NY we will have to suffer through a 1 woman show that she stars in next season

by Anonymousreply 3101/22/2015

I wonder if Chenoweth will EGOTISM. She is also halfway.

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

Try posting that again in English, R1

by Anonymousreply 202/25/2013

... and 500% of the way to an EGO.

by Anonymousreply 302/25/2013

Christ, Anne Hathaway is more hated than Helen Lawson!

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

She has an Oscar.

That's 1/4.

NOT 1/2.

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

Anne hasn't won an Emmy, a Grammy OR a Tony.

by Anonymousreply 602/25/2013

I'm half way there though, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 702/25/2013

Anne indeed has an Emmy look it up. For some kind of guest spot (they give out awards for that apparently).

Adele is also halfway there as of last night.

by Anonymousreply 802/25/2013

Yeah, Anne has an Emmy for voiceover performance for 'The Simpsons.'

by Anonymousreply 902/25/2013

I'm surprised she didn't win a Grammy for this:

by Anonymousreply 1002/26/2013

Who be she on the Simpsons?

by Anonymousreply 1102/26/2013

And here it comes...

I swear, she is so desperate at this point, and I really hope voters take notice the only reason she is doing this.

I'm surprised we haven't gotten Kate Winslet on the Broadway stage yet to finish her EGOT quest.

by Anonymousreply 1201/21/2015

So ... any suggestions for her first album?

"AnnE Sings the Yoko Ono Songbook"

"AnnE Does It to Carole King"

"Hathaway Hums Harburg"

by Anonymousreply 1301/21/2015

Unfortunately, I feel like she'd be embraced by the theatre world. Anyone have any stories?

by Anonymousreply 1401/21/2015

It would be different if she had done plays or a musical before, but its so obvious why she is doing this. I could see her being the type that after she gets the Tony Award she never steps on the stage again.

I think it wouldn't be so obvious either if this wasn't a one-woman show.

by Anonymousreply 1501/21/2015

Her show is at The Public Theater which isn't considerd Braodway so unless it transfers to a Broadway theater, which is unlikely, and she wins, which is hardly guaranteed, there's nothing to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 1601/21/2015

The show is running at the Public. Unless it transfers, she wouldn't be Tony-eligible.

by Anonymousreply 1701/21/2015

R15, you are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1801/21/2015

For R15:

Hathaway graduated from Millburn High School, where she participated in many school plays; her high school performance as Winnifred in Once Upon a Mattress gained her a Paper Mill Playhouse Rising Star Award nomination for Best Performance by a High School Actress. During this time, Hathaway was in plays including Jane Eyre and Gigi at New Jersey's Paper Mill Playhouse.[12]

She spent several semesters studying as an English major and Women's Studies minor at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York before transferring to New York University's Gallatin School of Individualized Study, referring to her college enrollment as one of her best decisions, because she enjoyed being with others who were trying to "grow up".[13] She also studied at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. Hathaway was the first teenager admitted into The Barrow Group Theater Company's acting program.[14]

A soprano, Hathaway performed in 1998 and 1999 with the All-Eastern U.S. High School Honors Chorus at Carnegie Hall and has performed in plays at Seton Hall Preparatory School in West Orange, New Jersey. Three days after her 1999 performance at Carnegie Hall, she was cast in the short-lived Fox television series Get Real at the age of 16.[12]

Hathaway is a trained stage actress and has stated that she prefers performing on stage to film roles.[6]

by Anonymousreply 1901/21/2015

She got good reviews when she did Twelfth Night at Delecorte in Central Park back in 2009, opposite Audra McDonald and Raul Esparza.

by Anonymousreply 2001/21/2015

i'm sorry R19, I missed where she had performed on the Broadway/off-Broadway stage in your post. It seemed based on, i'm guessing your cut/paste Wikipedia article, that she was interested in acting, did plays/musicals in school then tv came calling and she abandoned that for movie stardom.

I mean I did plays in high school and college but that doesn't mean i'm ready for the Great White Way. As for Shakespeare in the Park, hell anyone can do that...

by Anonymousreply 2101/21/2015

Imagine how ghastly she must have been in Once a Upon a Mattress? Gives me shudders.

by Anonymousreply 2201/21/2015

[quote]I mean I did plays in high school and college but that doesn't mean i'm ready for the Great White Way. As for Shakespeare in the Park, hell anyone can do that...

r21 is kind of a dope

by Anonymousreply 2301/21/2015

Back to Desperation Winslet for a moment- Are you saying that award grubber has a Grammy??

by Anonymousreply 2401/21/2015

Winslet: Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for Children in 2000 for narrating Listen To the Storyteller.

by Anonymousreply 2501/21/2015

Frances McDormand is already halfway there and seems likely to get an Emmy for Olive Kitteridge.

And her awards are all for best actress, not supporting

Can Frances sing?

by Anonymousreply 2601/22/2015

I would hate to think that Hathaway will EGOT before Julie Andrews...jesus Tony Awards, give her a damn lifetime acheivement award already.

by Anonymousreply 2701/22/2015

Thanks, 25. One wonders how much that cost her. Sally Kirkland in her prime didn't grub for awards the way Winslet has.

by Anonymousreply 2801/22/2015

R19= AnnE's unemployed husband.

by Anonymousreply 2901/22/2015

A lot of actresses are halfway to EGOT. Julianne Moore will need a Tony and a Grammy after she wins the Oscar next month. Gwyneth Paltrow has an Oscar and an Emmy. Also, it's probably nitpicking but Hathaway's Emmy is in some voice category and her Oscar is Supporting. Meh.

I just don't like Try Hard Hathaway or her friend Try Hard Chastain (who is a thousand years old and has zero of EGOT -- HA).

by Anonymousreply 3001/22/2015

She was lovely in Carnival at Encores. Really.

by Anonymousreply 3101/22/2015
Need more help? Click Here.