Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Falling star Renee Zellwegger

Once an A-list, Oscar-nominated actress, her last (forgettable) movie was three years ago.

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 10304/09/2014

Look at her eyeless face.

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

She's unattractive. She's skinny, but with no curves. No redeeming qualities.

by Anonymousreply 202/25/2013

She's had work done - didn't recognize her at first. Can't tell what - nose,eyes, -but girl was different.

by Anonymousreply 302/25/2013

Well, based on what we saw last night, she obviously has some issues.

Vulture captioned a photo of her as "Richard Gere standing next to what was technically Renee Zellwegger."

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

She's not a falling star. She done fell. Years ago. Old washed up and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

The guy who played McNulty on "The Wire" did a movie with her and said it was horrible because she was constantly focused on not eating. She definitely has her demons.

by Anonymousreply 602/25/2013

She should take to the stage and do the Bridget Jones musical in London.

by Anonymousreply 802/25/2013

Was that Cold Mountain, R7?

by Anonymousreply 902/25/2013

She's an oscar winning actress.

by Anonymousreply 1002/25/2013

Her house in the Hamptons is very modest. I think she is not in love with herself and how fabulous she is, like other people out here. I think she is a modest type of person.

by Anonymousreply 1102/25/2013

She did seem very sweet and modest last night but also, sadly, very vulnerable, like she was recovering from a nervous breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 1202/25/2013

Hmmm, provocative post r13.

by Anonymousreply 1402/25/2013

Sad. Either she's got an eating disorder or perhaps suffers from a mental illness. Poor thing, Latifah, for a second seemed to basically be holding her up.

by Anonymousreply 1502/25/2013

I've never really understood the mid-2000s backlash against her and judging by her odd behavior since, I don't think she has either. She seems like someone who did not adjust well to fame. She's got some mannerisms and quirks but I like a lot of her performances.

by Anonymousreply 1602/25/2013

All that bulking up and then losing weight for the silly Bridget Jones films would drive anyone nuts.

by Anonymousreply 1702/25/2013

She was oversold. Period. Nothing there that a hundred younger girls can't put out.

Plus she DID marry a country foo-foo and didn't get that she was being an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1802/25/2013

The odd name didn't help either, or the cutsie films like the Beatrix Potter one.

by Anonymousreply 1902/25/2013

[quote]The odd name didn't help either,

WTF?

Perennially famous women with odder names than hers:

Meryl Streep

Charlize Theron

Oprah Winfrey

Whoopi Goldberg

by Anonymousreply 2002/25/2013

Tracey Ullman destroyed her a few years ago with countless sketches impersonating her. Renee even had to comment on it when David Letterman brought out a still of it. People couldn't tell the difference. Ullman calls her Lambchop, just eyelashes for eyes. Last night, that's what was all over Twitter: 'Can't look at Renee Zellweger and not remember that Tracey Ullman sketch,' 'Is that Tracey Ullman?' 'Tracey Ullman's on the red carpet,' etc., etc.

by Anonymousreply 2102/25/2013

She's part Sami, which accounts for her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 2202/25/2013

we love you Renee get up

by Anonymousreply 2302/25/2013

It's the curse of winning the Best Supporting Actress Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 2402/25/2013

Don't forget me!!

by Anonymousreply 2502/25/2013

She put on a little needed weight.

by Anonymousreply 2602/25/2013

HORRIBLE VOICE! I simply can't stand listening to her grating voice.

by Anonymousreply 2802/26/2013

Once upon a time, she looked normal in Jerry McGuire.

I

by Anonymousreply 2902/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 3002/26/2013

R27, you're being sarcastic? Surely.

She looked the opposite of fabulous. She's eyeless and pinched. Horrific. Average talent. She's done.

by Anonymousreply 3102/26/2013

She does that annoying squint with the puckering of the lips, like she can't decide whether to spit or swallow.

by Anonymousreply 3202/26/2013

no, I sincerely thought she looked great. Renee has millions of fans out there who think she's wonderful. she doesn't need DL approval.

by Anonymousreply 3302/26/2013

Jesus. The Renee Zellwegger fanclub visits the DL, who woulda thunk it?

She's too squinty, her eating disorder is obvious and distracting, her voice is unpleasant and she's over 40. In Hollywood, the last item by itself means it's the end of the line for most actresses.

Also, the former Mrs. Chesney did some damage to herself with that five minute fake marriage.

by Anonymousreply 3502/26/2013

[quote]she doesn't need DL approval.

It is a well documented fact that stars that do not have the "DL Officially Approved" sticker suffer greatly career wise.

They covet it. They all do. Every last one of them.

by Anonymousreply 3602/26/2013

She was likeable in Bridget Jones but that's about it. Her average talent combined with weird (bearding) marriages and relationships, bad plastic surgery, and that annoying squint and gaping mouth combo, all contributed to a limited shelf life.

by Anonymousreply 3702/26/2013

She was good in Jerry McGuire.

by Anonymousreply 3802/26/2013

she's good in everything. fuck the haters.

by Anonymousreply 3902/26/2013

Has she had a hit movie since "Case 39" from 2009?

by Anonymousreply 4002/26/2013

It's kind of hard to fall when you've already hit rock bottom. She's lucky the egomaniacal producers of last night's show found an excuse to feature the forgettable film they won Oscars for: Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 4102/26/2013

she's got a great body of work. Chicago is one example. I don't get the hate. She's one of the few who is actually talented and versatile.

by Anonymousreply 4202/26/2013

She currently has a boyfriend - a musician who also dated Sheryl Crow. He is good looking.

Radaronline or justjared.com along with the Daily Mail have photos of the two of them kissing a lot and traveling together a lot and showing PDA and kissing in airports and other places.

He strikes me as wanting to date actresses and women in show business who have a good deal of money like Sheryl Crow and Rene Z.

Her face and eyes were very pinched tight at the Oscars last night.

by Anonymousreply 4302/26/2013

Her long 'relationship' with Bradley Cooper was puzzling.

They seemed to be together at least 18 months if not longer. They were always seen together on his movie sets, she visiting him at his movie set trailer - and socializing with his parents and walking around Santa Monica together, and he visiting her at her Los Angeles home.

I know Bradley Cooper might be gay or bisexual.

Men seem to like Rene Z - why I'm not sure - perhaps because she has a lot of money and multiple homes in nice places and travels a whole lot. She is very slim and men seem to like that - but her face is odd and she's not young anymore - in her early 40's. Maybe she has a pleasant personality.

Her hair is very, very thin seemingly from anorexia or bulemia. It is so thin that she can't even style it or wear it down.

by Anonymousreply 4402/26/2013

she dated Jack White. he is straight. in fact, he ruined his marriage by screwing around. he's admitted he needs more than one woman. I think Renee gets more hate than she deserves. I don't like her for her beauty. it's something inside of her that she brings out in her roles.

anyway, I like her :)

by Anonymousreply 4502/26/2013

[quote]She's too squinty, her eating disorder is obvious and distracting, her voice is unpleasant and she's over 40

Why are you suddenly talking about yourself, r35?

by Anonymousreply 4602/26/2013

OH R46! Stop being so witty and clever! You shame us all!

by Anonymousreply 4702/26/2013

I have to agree with r47, r46. That was beyond lame: it was like something you'd hear on a playground.

by Anonymousreply 4802/26/2013

The five minute marriage to Kenny Chesney was truly bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 4902/26/2013

Especially R49 when the marriage ended and instead of divorcing on grounds of mental cruelty or adultery, Renee chose "fraud" - that sent the rumor mills working overtime.

Wasn't a Bridget Jones 3 recently announced?

by Anonymousreply 5002/26/2013

Is she barren, or did she adopt an African like Charlize (who, at least, IS African herself) and Sandra? America wants their sweethearts knocked up and/or with kids by the time they're 40. Although, given on-note attention whore Jennifer Aniston still has a career, and actual actress like Renee not having one does seem bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 5102/26/2013

Rene Z. does not have a child, R51.

by Anonymousreply 5202/26/2013

R50, divorces do not have to be based on causes such as mental cruelty or adultery these days.

There are no-fault divorces where no fault or cause is given. Just desire to divorce is enough of a reason.

I think Rene wanted an annulment since it lasted all of three months, I think. But since an annulment wasn't possible for some reason, she went with fraud.

by Anonymousreply 5302/26/2013

Bad plastic surgery

by Anonymousreply 5402/26/2013

Of course, by claiming fraud, she inadvertently outed Chesney.

by Anonymousreply 5502/26/2013

“WHO THA FUCK IS RENEE ZELL WEDGER!?”

by Anonymousreply 5602/26/2013

I think the fraud was explained as something along the lines of 'Kenny Chesney would not take up residence with Rene Z'. And Kenny stated that Rene wanted him to live in her somewhat isolated Connecticut old farmhouse dwelling and he did not want to.

I've seen photos of her Connecticut house (inside and out) and I can see why Kenny wouldn't want to live in it.

Rene recently sold it.

by Anonymousreply 5802/26/2013

Could she be ill? Parkinsons or ms? She was twitching and flinching oddly on stage.

by Anonymousreply 5902/26/2013

You can always count on R59 to look on the bright side of life.

by Anonymousreply 6002/26/2013

She's one of those actresses who I don't hate or love. Pretty neutral about. Hope she can recover her career.

by Anonymousreply 6102/26/2013

Yes R34 and R59, it seems we both like Renee.

Thank you for your endorsement.

by Anonymousreply 6202/26/2013

Mentioning all of Renee Z's many oddities and peculiarities does not mean anyone dislikes her.

by Anonymousreply 6302/26/2013

I know her personally from work and she looks very nice in person. She's sweet and smart and yeah, she has a mania about running everyday to stay small. But believe it or not, she's kind of normal. And she's great to the crew.

by Anonymousreply 6402/26/2013

"Her one open eye did not squint either."

brilliant, r57, just brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 6502/26/2013

A little unsteady on her feet here:

by Anonymousreply 6602/26/2013

R64, the daily running you describe explains why Renee Z. wears the exact same outfit in photos every day of her life:

dark navy below-knee length knit exercise tights with dark navy zippered sweatshirt

by Anonymousreply 6702/26/2013

I love her and her vulnerability. She was so wasted last night though. Really sad. If she can't pull it together for such a huge night, imagine how she must be regularly? She reminded me of Whitneg ...just kinda broken.

by Anonymousreply 6802/26/2013

Ok wierd question but could she have bad eyes? It looked like she wouldn't read the ballot and she was barely able to read the prompter. Maybe she needs thick Coke bottle lenses hence 'the squint'.

by Anonymousreply 6902/26/2013

I like her alot but she clearly has crossed over into "Valley of the Dolls" territory. Hopefully she can get help and return to acting. She won't get the kind of roles she used to but she should be able to get interesting enough work in television if she wants it... that's the only place a woman over 35 can go these days if she wants a decent role, but the stigma is basically gone with actresses like Toni Colette and Laura Linney doing series.

by Anonymousreply 7002/26/2013

When Richard Gere was reading from the card and Renee turned to him, she looked so completely drunk, like she was about to put her arms around him and sputter drunken love messages. It astounds me that someone could go up in front of so many people completely drunk like that. At 0:22 in the link.

by Anonymousreply 7102/26/2013

Maybe she is recovering from her breakup with Bradley Cooper Lol.

by Anonymousreply 7202/26/2013

I thought she was Dianne Wiest.

by Anonymousreply 7302/26/2013

Loved her in Bridget Jones but I also love Colin Firth and Hugh Grant despite the hate he gets on DL. He's good in the roles where he plays a roguish womanizer.

by Anonymousreply 7402/26/2013

Could it be nothing more than a severe case of stage fright? Or stage fright eased by some Dutch courage?

She backed out of performing the year Chicago was nominated because she claimed to suffer from it.

by Anonymousreply 7502/26/2013

I've always heard that she's one of the nicest people in all of Hollywood - too nice for such a business, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 7602/26/2013

I once made the mistake of bring a Renee Zellwegger DVD to Carmella Soprano's house...

Never invited back.

by Anonymousreply 7702/26/2013

I heard that when she became successful she gave a parting gift to all her old friends from Texas who she moved to LA with.

by Anonymousreply 7802/26/2013

OMG, #21- that is devastating. I hate myself for laughing.

by Anonymousreply 7902/26/2013

In "The Reliable Source" in the Washington Post there was a blurb about why Kristen Stewart "was lurching across the stage so awkwardly (cut her foot on glass was the reason given).

It then asked "Well, what about Renee Zellweger lurching across the stage?" It continued "and squinting and having trouble talking and looked like she needed Richard Gere to hold her up? No idea."

by Anonymousreply 8002/26/2013

I wonder if she's sick (MS?) or whether she's in such deep depression that she was loaded with pills to function?

by Anonymousreply 8102/26/2013

She was probably pining over the sexy man who got away. Imagine your beloved ex being right there in the audience.

by Anonymousreply 8202/26/2013

[quote]She was so focused on clawing her way to the top that she couldn't really focus on staying on top once she got there, which sometimes happened with stars. They want to be famous but forget how to stay famous once they've made it. (I would argue the same thing happened with Ewan McGregor and Orlando Bloom.)

I think you're wrong about Orlando Bloom forgetting how to stay famous.

I think he just realised he had it all [fame, looks, tens of millions of dollars] and decided to basically retire. Plus he has a kid to spend time with.

by Anonymousreply 8302/26/2013

Ewan McGregor had a drug and alcohol problem for some time so that had a lot to do with it. He is now (allegedly) sober.

by Anonymousreply 8402/26/2013

I like Renee; far moreso than GOOP or Witherspoon, although I find it puzzling that she actually became a star in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 8502/26/2013

She had me at hello.

by Anonymousreply 8602/26/2013

[quote]Jesus. The Renee Zellwegger fanclub visits the DL, who woulda thunk it?

This made me laugh. I feel like I should say, who even knew she had a fan club?

In all seriousness, I don't have anything against her, if she bothered to do a good movie, I'd watch. I don't think she's someone who people go out of their way to avoid at the movies.

by Anonymousreply 8702/26/2013

I love you R60!

by Anonymousreply 8802/26/2013

gosh..I hope not R59,

Bridget Jones Diary (the first one) still remains one of my favourite movies.

I hope she makes a huge comeback.

by Anonymousreply 8902/26/2013

40. That's what happened. Cute pixie blonds like RZ don't fare well after that if they don't have some kind of plan for maintaining career longevity, a plan you have to get rolling by the time you hit 35. Re-invent yourself as a character actress, join forces with up-and-coming indie directors, do some theater, learn some new skills. Adapt and survive.

I think she just didn't have her shit together enough mentally to think 5 or 6 years into the future, or she didn't have smart people watching out for her.

by Anonymousreply 9002/26/2013

Aww. You bitches are mean. Renee sweet and I think people were really jealous about her success of maybe just perplexed? She is a fine actress, and she was great in Chicago. I guess H'Wood kind of swallowed her up. She is sort of average looking, cute, which is probably tough in LA. She was pretty adorable in Jerry McGuire. I am routing for her. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 9102/26/2013

I like her too and think she is just enjoying and investigating other aspects of life. She is a smart woman, you know.

by Anonymousreply 9202/26/2013

She had a good run. Better than most.

Not everyone stays famous forever.

by Anonymousreply 9302/26/2013

[quote]I think you're wrong about Orlando Bloom forgetting how to stay famous. I think he just realised he had it all [fame, looks, tens of millions of dollars] and decided to basically retire. Plus he has a kid to spend time with.

I don't think Orlando quit Hollywood. I think Hollywood quit him.

by Anonymousreply 9402/26/2013

[quote] other aspects of life

Liquor cabinets and pharmacies, maybe. I like her and all her weirdness, being weird and anxious myself, but can see there is something off about her appearing in public this way. Hope you're right that she is smart and can reinvent herself as an actress or just say goodbye to the whole fame thing and just go off and do something else.

by Anonymousreply 9502/26/2013

What are you all bitches bitching about?!

Renee Z looked fine to me.

Nothing seemed off about her.

by Anonymousreply 9602/26/2013

Never could stand her. She is one that makes me damn near physically ill to watch (right up there with Mr. Ed Hillary Swank).

by Anonymousreply 9702/26/2013

Wha!? You people are nuts. She shifted her weight from one foot to the other! She spoke clearly and firmly, and to say she was high or drunk is a rather wild assertion. I like her, I've seen her give at least a few very decent and subtle performances, and I think her off beat looks are quite appealing. I just don't get the Renee hate.

by Anonymousreply 9802/26/2013

She always looked funny. Now she looks frozen funny.

by Anonymousreply 9902/26/2013

The camera no longer loves her, so that stardom isn't coming back.

Her options now are to (1) accept supporting roles, she does have enough talent to build a career as a character actor. But as her other option is to leave the toxic movie industry and enjoy life, she might be better off retiring. She's not going to get her mental and physical health back in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 10002/26/2013

She needs to do an hbo series.

by Anonymousreply 10102/26/2013

Uh oh. It looks like her comeback has hit a speed bump.

by Anonymousreply 10204/09/2014

Wow, I hadn't realized that she'd actually fallen as far as she had. The last movie she was in that I actually had heard of was Leatherheads, and that was six years ago.

by Anonymousreply 10304/09/2014
Need more help? Click Here.