Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anderson Cooper

On his soon-to-be cancelled talk show, he always claims to know nothing about shopping, luxury goods, etc.

Today he insisted he know nothing about what a facial was. (The non-sexual kind, of course).

Does anyone believe his crap? He's the gay son of Gloria Vanderbilt. He's lead an enchanted life of American royalty.

Does anyone believe his BS? What is the point of insisting such stuff? To appear less gay? I don't get it....

by Anonymousreply 2802/26/2013

He's just uber butch.

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

He knows how to shop for luxury Brazilian man whores!

by Anonymousreply 202/25/2013

It really strikes me that tries to be a straight poseur. Apparently no interest in beauty, fashion or the arts, yet he's manicured within an inch of his life (ok, he is on tv daily, I'll give him that) he's dressed perfectly for every circumstance he finds himself in, he has custom designed his own home, and no doubt knows a billion thespians on both coasts. Me thinks he's trying to avoid having a gay stereotype ascribed to him...

by Anonymousreply 302/25/2013

Exactly r3. Smoke and mirrors!

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

Yea he seems to like a few things he won't admit to. If he's trying to seem a little stereotypical hetro I have no idea why. Everyone knows he's gay and nobody cares. Well maybe him, but nobody else.

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

Was the show taped? He usually shows up at the Vanity Fair party.

by Anonymousreply 602/25/2013

My sister works on the show and said he's really like that. It's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 702/25/2013

Any dish R7?

by Anonymousreply 802/25/2013

He'd have to know what a facial was...he watches a lot of TV and the advertise facials and all that folliating stuff constantly.

by Anonymousreply 902/25/2013

[quote]he's trying to seem a little stereotypical hetro

And it doesn't work. It just makes him seem silly and fake.

by Anonymousreply 1002/26/2013

[quote]He's lead an enchanted life of American royalty.

Shouldn't that be "He's led an..." instead?

DL Grammar Queens - please advise.

by Anonymousreply 1102/26/2013

He lives with a greedy label whore.

by Anonymousreply 1202/26/2013

he's a Gemini. I'm sure he enjoys pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. Geminis love getting away with things.

he's very refined, and I don't believe a word he says :)

by Anonymousreply 1302/26/2013

OP (the anti-AC troll) is at it again and DL's always ready to accommodate her never ending need to trash him because she has no life.

by Anonymousreply 1402/26/2013

R14, I am new to Datalounge and have never posted or even commented on Anderson Cooper. But one thing I have noticed are these sorts of sweeping conspiracies you suggest. That I am some anit-AC troll.

by Anonymousreply 1502/26/2013

Yes, R7, please share some dish if you have some. The staff on the show seem so upbeat even though it's being cancelled and they still seem like they're enjoying working there - maybe behind the scenes it's different. Any interesting AC stories?

R13, I totally agree with you, he is such a typical Gemini, the other day he even said that as a child he needed CONSTANT stimulation (not THAT kind) because he got bored so easily and always had to be doing something. He said he's still like that to some extent. Yes, most kids are that way, but Geminis are REALLY that way.

by Anonymousreply 1602/26/2013

Is it 88angel or one of the multiples?

by Anonymousreply 1702/26/2013

R15, there is someone on DL who digs up old threads or starts new ones about AC on a regular basis because have a love/hate obsession with him and need to have a lot of people joining in to trash him, it's a pattern that's been going on around here for a while.

by Anonymousreply 1802/26/2013

Anderson's hot and intelligent. bring on the fan insanity.

by Anonymousreply 1902/26/2013

[quote] What is the point of insisting such stuff? To appear less gay?

If that's what it was about he wouldn't have spent his TV career loudly declaring that he has no interest in sports or knowledge about them whenever they come up.

He also wouldn't have been so open about having so many traditionally gay-associated interests and enthusiasms from Real Housewives to Kathy Griffin.

The stuff you brought up is all luxury stuff, OP. If he is downplaying his knowledge in those areas the obvious reason would be to try to seem more normal, avoid resentment, and rebutt presumptions based on his parentage. It would be really easy as Gloria's baby boy to be branded as a snob and lazing in luxury - probably most people he met in his life who knew his background would have been predisposed to think that.

by Anonymousreply 2002/26/2013

Did Anderson go to the Oscar party this year?

by Anonymousreply 2102/26/2013

[quote]If he is downplaying his knowledge in those areas the obvious reason would be to try to seem more normal

It sounds as if you're saying he pretends not to know certain things so that he'll fit with the facade he wants to create for his audience. How can you think he would do that when it flies in the face of "Keeping Them Honest"?

by Anonymousreply 2202/26/2013

I get what you're saying R20.

R21, he didn't go this time, he was in Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 2302/26/2013

'he pretends not to know certain things so that he'll fit with the facade he wants to create for his audience'

Oprah does it, too. She is always fake-puzzled when someone talks about homosexuality

by Anonymousreply 2402/26/2013

And last nite he claims that he never drinks coffee and tasted it for the first time on his talk show recently? Really.

Maybe he is an enigma.

by Anonymousreply 2502/26/2013

Anderson & Ben

I don't know what a photo booth is

by Anonymousreply 2602/26/2013

AC has a photo booth at the firehouse and on his daytime show.

by Anonymousreply 2702/26/2013

That pic was taken at the 2012 Vanity Fair Oscar party, r27. They both look cute.

by Anonymousreply 2802/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!