Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Audrey Hepburn is now selling chocolate

She is advertising Galaxy chocolate in this commercial aired here in the UK over the weekend ...

Its actually very clever, if spooky (digital Audrey is not quite the real thing, but rather like an INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS version of her), capturing her circa ROMAN HOLIDAY early '50s in Italy, but it raises a lot of questions - who will we see advertising items next?

According to the newspaper article (at link, along with the advert, I don't know if it will play in the USA) her sons, who control her estate, authorised the use of her image in return for a fee .... it does not bode well for still-living stars if their own children are willing to sell their image for money.

I did not mind that perfume advert with Charlize Theron and its digital versions of Grace Kelly, Dietrich and Marilyn, as it seemed to be affectionately done and they were only glimpsed briefly - but this new one seems like its putting a beloved dead star back to work with a vengance. I wonder how much they got paid ?

Of course the real Hepburn always insisted on her full fee for her film roles, her sons would surely know how she would feel about this ...

by Anonymousreply 1302/26/2013

Clever ad, but 'Audrey' looks like a stick insect. Its spooky alright.

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

I was watching Audrey in Sabrina only yesterday, odd now to see a digital version of her - what else will she be selling ?

Didnt her sons get enough money from her estate?

by Anonymousreply 202/25/2013

The video only seems available to UK and Irish areas, and is the copyright of her 2 sons by Ferrer and Dr Dotti. Although it shows Audrey in the 50s the soundtrack to it is Audrey singing "Moon River" from Tiffanys in 1961 - bizarre!

by Anonymousreply 302/25/2013

Why would they pick her to advertise? I don't see Miss Anorexia and think "chocolate" (Sophia Loren? Marilyn Monroe? Yes).

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

Is there a "Wait Until" Dark Chocolate?

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

I was prepared to be outraged, but the ad, it is charming, no?

Like the woman.

by Anonymousreply 602/26/2013

This happened years ago with Fred Astaire...

by Anonymousreply 702/26/2013

When I think of vacuums, I think.... Fred Astaire

by Anonymousreply 802/26/2013

PunchyPlayers should dub her should they decide to use AudreyBot in a movie.

by Anonymousreply 902/26/2013

That saddens me. These people are dead, and it just seems like they are being exploited. I adore Audrey Hepburn. She truly was a very kind person who was very special. Towards the end of her life she tried to get the world's attention to the starvation and squalor the children in Somalia had to endure. I remember in an interview she said she asked people in Hollywood to please donate some money and help ,but they told her no and they couldn't careless. She was one class act even towards the end of her life.

by Anonymousreply 1002/26/2013

It's gross. I think stars should specify what can and cannot be done with their image.

Of course Hepburn could not imagine this new technology.

by Anonymousreply 1102/26/2013

I didn't like hearing another version of Moon River. I know Audrey Hepburn sang it in the movie but the song is forever associated with Andy Williams. To hear someone else sing it so soon after he has passed is not good.

by Anonymousreply 1202/26/2013

She looks like a head mounted in a wall. "Japanese Deer."

Bagged thatt one outside of Okinawa.

by Anonymousreply 1302/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!