Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jennifer Garner...

is she now just a Hollywood wife? She seemed a lame choice to present.

by Anonymousreply 2202/25/2013

I agree. I loved her in Alias and 13 Going on 30, but now she's Rita Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

So her five minutes really irritated you OP? says a lot about you.

by Anonymousreply 302/25/2013

Didn't irritate me so much as puzzled me. It's a prestigious get. I don't know why she'd get it. But thanks for the diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

With her gooey smile, I think she would have been a limited actress. Still, it has to be a bit galling to morph from Actress to "... and Guest".

Ben seems to seek out women who will feed his ego. And she seems like a total doormat.

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

Ben Affleck has one good year and Jennifer Garner is instantly reduced to Hollywood wife. You people are so fickle and judgmental.

by Anonymousreply 602/25/2013

How is their marriage? I thought his thank yous to her during his acceptance were odd - something about marriage being hard work or a struggle or something. It seemed rather cold.

by Anonymousreply 802/25/2013

[quote] until she hit the mother load

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 902/25/2013

R8, keep digging. He said marriage was work but that he wouldn't want to work with anyone else in the world but Jennifer.

Oh, yeah, ice cold

by Anonymousreply 1002/25/2013

Yeah, I only half heard it. I really don't give a shit how their marriage is. Thanks for the clarification, dick.

by Anonymousreply 1102/25/2013

Not giving a shit about it warrants two posts about their marriage?

by Anonymousreply 1202/25/2013

So, according to R3's logic, any old schlub off the street should be given the honor of presenter since it's only "5 minutes."

by Anonymousreply 1402/25/2013

I agree with R13. Not because I don't like Hollywood wives, but because she's so boring and unattractive. If she had a great personality--some brains, wit and charm she'd at least be an asset to him. But she's just a mousy blob.

by Anonymousreply 1502/25/2013

I never watched Alias. What was her persona then? Surely, the actress who played the kick ass secret agent had to have some aura of something about her. Did it just wash away?

by Anonymousreply 1602/25/2013

Before her most recent marriage, there was a time she seemed to be everywhere. She must have been fucking someone at EW because it seemed like she was on every other cover. Then she tried to cross over and be the next Julia Roberts with 13 GOING ON 30 and that didn't quite work out. She was good in JUNO but other than that she's never made an impression on me. I think she's like Rita Wilson with a splash of Lady Macbeth. If she can't get an Oscar, then she better be married to an Oscar winner!

by Anonymousreply 1702/25/2013

She still works. She recently played the mother to a boy with plants on his legs.

by Anonymousreply 1802/25/2013

That movie looked embarrassing, R18.

by Anonymousreply 1902/25/2013

She was in that movie "Butter" last year about butter sculpting. I just got the DVD from Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 2002/25/2013

That might make Oscars interesting. Total nobodies presenting. I mean real nobodies. From the mall and Walgreen's and the bus stop.

by Anonymousreply 2102/25/2013

R8 I agree. It wasn't so much what he said but how he said it.

Considering all the rumors about him and Blake Lively back in the day...and others wouldn't be a surprise that Ben finds marriage work.

by Anonymousreply 2202/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!