Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oscars 2014

So, those in the know, what and who is going to win next year? Meryl Streep & Julia Roberts for August Osage County? Naomi Watts for Diana?

by Anonymousreply 12002/26/2014

What guttersnipe will host next year?

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

I think Naomi Watts will rue the day she did the Diana movie. It's got stinker written all over it. If they can't hack a harmless joke about Abe Lincoln's head, they definitely can't hack a lame movie about not so recently dead Diana.

That crap should be the preserve of TV movies of the week.

by Anonymousreply 202/25/2013

The Weinsteins just bought Nicole Kidman's Grace Kelly movie, so look for a PR push for her.

by Anonymousreply 302/25/2013

Julia Roberts has no business being in AUGUST, OSAGE COUNTY. She's not even boxoffice anymore.

Laura Linney should be playing her role. At least SHE can act the part.

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

well, r4, the movie has finished filming and is being edited now, so don't expect any casting changes

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

R5, yes I know shooting hs wrapped. My point was rhetorical, like most posts here about who should play what parts.

by Anonymousreply 702/25/2013

Matthew McConaughey will be nominated for Best Actor for Dallas Buyer's Club.

Emma Thompson for Best Actress in Saving Mr. Banks, with Tom Hanks being nominated for supporting as Walt Disney.

Possibility of Julianne Moore for supporting for Carrie, and Carey Mulligan for Gatsby.

by Anonymousreply 802/25/2013

Streep for August Osage and Judi Dench for Philomena are guaranteed noms for Best Actress.

I wouldn't count on Julia Roberts. She's had her one and only shot at the Oscar - she won, she needs to be happy with that. She's not going to be a multiple winner.

by Anonymousreply 902/25/2013

Jessica Chastain for Zero Dark 31.

by Anonymousreply 1002/25/2013

Julia Roberts will probably win a Golden Globe for The Normal Heart, regardless of how good she is in it. Happens alot with movie stars deigning to appear on TV.

Twelve Years a Slave will be nominated for Best Picture.

by Anonymousreply 1102/25/2013

If Watts is good and the Diana pic is well-received and/or does good business, it will be her. By the law of playing-a-real-person + the law of "he/she is due".

by Anonymousreply 1202/25/2013

Just think, less than 12 months until we get to see AnnE present the Best Supporting Actor Oscar!

by Anonymousreply 1302/25/2013

It may even be sooner r13, since there are rumors they want to have the ceremony in January.

by Anonymousreply 1402/25/2013

[quote]Laura Linney should be playing her role. At least SHE can act the part.

I don't work with TV actors.

by Anonymousreply 1502/25/2013

I can predict all the categories right here and now.

Supporting actress:

Jodie Foster - Elysium

Margo Martindale - August: Osage County

Juliette Lewis - August: Osage County

Julianne Nicholson or Abigail Breslin - August: Osage County

Kristin Scott-Thomas - Only God Forgives

Best actress:

Meryl - Osage; Judi Dench - Philomena; Naomi - Diana; Emma Thompson - Saving Mr. Banks; Cate Blanchett - Blue Jasmine

Meryl should win.

Best actor:

Chiwetel Ejiofor - Twelve Years a Slave; Ryan Gosling - Only God Forgives; Michael Fassbender - The Counselor; Benedict Cumberbatch - The Fifth Estate

Best supporting actor:

Michael Fassbender - Twelve Years a Slave; Chris Cooper - August: Osage County; Sam Shepard - August: Osage County; Michael Emerson - Blue Jasmine; Tom Hanks - Saving Mr. Banks.

Feel free to bump this in December!

by Anonymousreply 1602/26/2013

I have written my speech, bitches, and Tadashi Shoji has started sketches for my dress. Yallz can just stay home. Lord only knows where I'm going to put the dang thing. Oops - gotta go walk the dog. Need anything from Fairway while I'm out?

by Anonymousreply 1702/26/2013

There's not enough distance for the Diana movie to go down well. Many of the people who were emotionally affected by her life and death are still alive and have clear memories.

by Anonymousreply 1802/26/2013

The Diana movie just doesn't sound compelling. Isn't it about her affair with some doctor?

I really hope Nicole Kidman's Grace Kelly movie goes down in flames.

Hopefully 12 Years a Slave is great.

by Anonymousreply 1902/26/2013

"I really hope Nicole Kidman's Grace Kelly movie goes down in flames"

by Anonymousreply 2002/26/2013

There seems to be a lot of people riding on Meryl winning again - yet if you saw the play, you would not think she'd be right for the role. I'd have gone with Jane Fonda or someone a bit more steely.

by Anonymousreply 2102/26/2013

Why didn't they just have Estelle Parsons (Oscar winner) do it? She was phenomenal in the stage version.

by Anonymousreply 2202/26/2013

Who gives a flying fuck? The fucking show JUST AIRED and you pathetic queens are already obsessing over who'll win in 2014?

This is one reason I loathe the Oscar. All the buzz and talk and gossip and speculation and predictions go on for at least SIX MONTHS out of the fucking year! No, actually it's more like nine months. It's enough to make you puke.

by Anonymousreply 2302/26/2013

Patty Duke should have that Streep role...

by Anonymousreply 2402/26/2013

Watch for me on that podium, boys.

by Anonymousreply 2502/26/2013

Sorry R23, I can hardly wait!!!

by Anonymousreply 2602/26/2013

BP contenders

by Anonymousreply 2702/26/2013

Me for I eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 2802/27/2013

I don't know Streep Troll. Your Best Actress category skews too old and Best Actor too young. You know how the Academy is. They'll need a cute, young thing or two in Actress and an old troll or two in Actor. Also Jodie Foster's role is too one note (or it was in the script) for awards and the movie comes out in the summer.

Also, I'm really not high on Osage. I think Meryl will get her nomination but that's it for that film.

by Anonymousreply 2902/27/2013

"August Osage County" will go straight to DVD

by Anonymousreply 3002/27/2013

Here we go. Best Actress predictions for 2014 (although I don't think Indiewire has a great track record here).

Meryl Streep: August Osage County

Sandra Bullock: Gravity

Nicole Kidman: Grace of Monaco

Naomi Watts: Diana

Emma Thompson: Saving Mr. Banks

Jennifer Lawrence: Serena

Marion Cotillard: Lowlife

Felicity Jones: The Invisible Woman

Judi Dench: Philomena

Cate Blanchett: Blue Jasmine

Kate Winslet: Labor Day

Jessica Chastain: Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby

Elizabeth Olsen: Therese Raquin

Samantha Morton: Decoding Annie Parker

Zoe Saldana: Nina

by Anonymousreply 3102/28/2013

Best Actor predictions:

Steve Carell: Foxcatcher

Chiwetel Ejilfor: Twelve Years a Slave

Benedict Cumberbatch: The Fifth Estate

Matthew McConaughey: Dallas Buyers Club

Bruce Dern: Nebraska

Tom Hanks: Saving Mr. Banks/Captain Phillips

Leonardo DiCaprio: Wolf of Wall Street/Great Gatsby

Idris Elba: Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom

Oscar Isaac: Inside Llewyn Davis

Forest Whitaker: The Butler

Michael B. Jordan: Fruitvale

Colin Firth: The Railway Man

Dennis Quaid: At Any Price

Daniel Bruhl: Rush

Christian Bale: Untitled David O. Russell ABSCAM Project

Robert Redford: All is Lost

by Anonymousreply 3202/28/2013

Can't wait to see Emma as P.L. Travers.

by Anonymousreply 3302/28/2013

Great, let's talk about oscars and who should win before most of the movies are even finished; let alone released.

by Anonymousreply 3402/28/2013

Julia Roberts will be pushing hard for Best Actress for Osage. She needs a critically acclaimed hit bad. No way will she sit by and watch Streep reap all the rewards. If she gets at least halfway decent reviews, expect her to be making the rounds everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 3502/28/2013

I almost want August Osage County to be a big flop because the hype is already too ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 3603/01/2013

R32 Since when did they expand the category to 16 nominees?

by Anonymousreply 3703/01/2013

R37, it's a list of a potential contenders. They are saying the 5 nominees might be the people on this list.

by Anonymousreply 3803/01/2013

All you bitches need to know is that I'm a lock for at least one nom, maybe even two.

by Anonymousreply 3903/01/2013

No, R35. This will not happen. I predict Roberts will be shut out of the supporting category and Juliette Lewis and Margo Martindale will be nominated, instead.

by Anonymousreply 4103/01/2013

Hope to see Gosling and Scott-Thomas up for ONLY GOD FORGIVES. Gosling should have had a second nomination at the very least by this point.

by Anonymousreply 4203/01/2013

August may turn out to just be one of those housewife type films I do to keep up my box office and visibility.

P. S. Has anyone heard from Mamie? How is she doing over the cancellation of her series? I keep meaning to call....

by Anonymousreply 4303/01/2013

The Weinstein Company Sets Oscar Release Dates For Nicole Kidman's 'Grace Of Monaco,' Meryl Streep In 'August: Osage County'

"August: Osage County." Now set for a November 8th release.

Following that picture is "Grace of Monaco," set for a December 27th release date.

by Anonymousreply 4403/02/2013

December 27? That seems like a "burying the bomb" slot.

by Anonymousreply 4503/02/2013

R35, Julia Roberts may have a fit if Sandra Bullock is nominated over her next year. According to early screenings of "GRAVITY", Bullock's performance is great, and she's on screen for the entire film. George Clooney also appears in the film, so you know that the Academy will be salivating over it. The only downside is that it is a sci-fi film.

by Anonymousreply 4603/02/2013

Julia will not be nominated.

by Anonymousreply 4703/02/2013

December isn't a burying slot. January and February are.

by Anonymousreply 4803/03/2013

Best actor - Fassbenderrrrrrrrrr The Counselor & Twelve Years A Slave.

by Anonymousreply 4903/28/2013

If Naomi Watts is nominated, she will win. Been nominated several times already, and is one of the best actresses currently working.

People are tired of Meryl winning awards. They won't be in a rush to give her yet another one. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 5003/28/2013

[quote]December isn't a burying slot. January and February are.

Pretty much. It's probably going to get a wider release in early 2014. The December 27 release date is so she will qualify.

by Anonymousreply 5103/28/2013

I don't think Watts can win in a Diana pic. It's bound to be too tacky. Then again, I thought The Queen would be tacky and it was great. Still, I have a hard time seeing a good Diana pic being made while so many people have their own version of her fresh in their own minds.

by Anonymousreply 5203/28/2013

I can't think of anything I've been more looking forward to in years than "Saving Mr. Banks." If only for the moment at the after-party of the MARY POPPINS premiere when Emma Thompson as PL Travers walks up to Tom Hanks as Walt Disney and says, "Well, it's a start, but we have loads of work yet to do on it," and Disney stares back at her and says, "That ship has already sailed, Pamela," and then icily walks away.

by Anonymousreply 5303/28/2013

It'd be so cool if The Grand Budapest Hotel took down that over hyped bling fest Gatsby. They are pushing for Grand Budapest Hotel to be released before the end of 2013. Maybe it won't get out in time.

Tilda Swinton will probably get best supporting for Grand Budapest Hotel, Saorise Ronan might get a nom for best actress, but they won't give it to a young actress two years in a row.

by Anonymousreply 5404/10/2013

I hope the Streep Troll gets hit by a truck.

by Anonymousreply 5504/10/2013

Thank you for the link, R31.

I don't imagine either "Diana" or "Grace of Monaco" will be tacky. I think they'll be in the same vein as "The Queen" and "The Iron Lady".

Julia won't be nominated, although I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to get nominated, like this:

[quote]Julia Roberts will be pushing hard for Best Actress for Osage. She needs a critically acclaimed hit bad. No way will she sit by and watch Streep reap all the rewards. If she gets at least halfway decent reviews, expect her to be making the rounds everywhere.

However she won't.

Right now I'll guess (for "Best Actress"):

- Naomi Watts - Nicole Kidman - Streep - ? - ?

by Anonymousreply 5604/10/2013

We will have 9-10 Nom. Films:

Dallas Buyers' Club,

Ain't Them Bodies Saints,

The Way Way Back,

*Foreign Film

*Foreign Film

*One of Diana or Grace of Monaco makes it in.

*Something out of the left field like Black Nativity or Trance.

by Anonymousreply 5704/10/2013

Those in the know know that we have to wait to even begin to answer such a question; ideally, until the majority of AMPAS members have seen the majority of movies being touted for consideration months from now, or at least been told what they should vote for by the supposed common wisdom thinktank.

by Anonymousreply 5804/10/2013

Gatsby will get a lot of noms, probably the most, but will walk away with few.

by Anonymousreply 5904/10/2013

The Diana movie sounds really terrible.

by Anonymousreply 6004/10/2013

Bennett Miller has a good reputation as a director. I'm curious how that will translate with the movie Foxcatcher.

It could bring nominations to Carrell and Ruffalo. And even some respect for Tatum. You know he wouldn't get a nomnation even if started to walk on the water. But if a director is able to help hm improve, it's Miller. It would be more than enough for him having critics write that he doesn't disgrace the serious dramatic movie.

Not the kind of movie that garner notice for costumes and artistic direction, though.

No, that could go to Gatsby, if Lurhman pulls it off and doesn't embarrass himself and the gallery of actors who believed in him.

If everything goes well, they could even get a best supporting nomination for whoever in the movie. Not for principal actor, though.Now Leo seems to be perfect for the role, but whatever he does, they won't reward him. Case closed, so I won't waste my time predicting anything for him.

by Anonymousreply 6104/14/2013

R49 Fassbender is supporting in Twelve Years a Slave. Plus an actor can't be nominated twice in the same category. Unless you meant Best Actor for The Counselor and Best Supporting Actor for Twelve Years a Slave.

by Anonymousreply 6204/14/2013

August: Osage County has Oscar written all over it. It will be hard to live up to expectations, but the movie has already test screened once favorably and does not come until November. If Streep is great, they will give her a fourth Oscar. She's going to be 64 this year.

Grace of Monaco is a crap shoot. Nicole Kidman can act, but she is so cold and I worry is the wrong age (45) to play Grace Kelly at 33. There is some pressure with these biopics to automatically nominate the actress (like Diana), but if the movie is bad then it's a harder case to make. Stoker, The Paperboy, Trespass ... all box office bombs. Maybe they will sell Grace big overseas, but I think Nicole is over with audiences.

by Anonymousreply 6304/14/2013

I think Emma Thompson for Saving mr Banks.

by Anonymousreply 6406/04/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6506/04/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6606/04/2013

Best actor? Bound to be McBongo. Mud is an enormous critical hit and if Dallas Buyers' Club isn't a total embarrassment and the caliber of McBongo's work in that matches Mud, he will probably win.

Hollywood likes a comeback and he has come back from crappy romcoms to independent, edgy films - showing a lot more daring and a lot more talent than anyone would have given him credit for.

by Anonymousreply 6706/04/2013

David O. Russell's movie "American Hustle" is sure to get a lot of nominations. Christian Bale for Lead Actor, Amy Adams for lead or supporting, and Bradley Cooper or Jeremy Renner for supporting. I think Jennifer Lawrence and Robert DeNiro are in it too. It has Oscar bait written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 6806/04/2013

Jane Fonda for Best Actress for This Is Where I Leave You if it ends up getting released at the end of the year.

by Anonymousreply 6906/09/2013

How come no one has yet brought up Monuments Men?

by Anonymousreply 7006/09/2013

@68 That movie looks ridiculous. Lawrence won't get a nomination for a while because she is limited as hell. Stoic deep voice fat face only goes so far.

Why is everyone shitting on Julia Roberts, she looks decent in the film, very natural. Streep however is annoying me. She is a great character actress no doubt, but she doesn't have a lot of gravitas to me. She is always flighty and detailed with her faces, but the role in AOC needs to be played by an actress more steely as someone suggested.

Diana doesn't seem offensive. From the trailer Watts seems very likable and the film is playing on her kindness so I hardly think people are going to be offended at kind Naomi Watts.

Gravity is about to score Bullock a nomination for sure. Repeat of Franco in 127 hours.

by Anonymousreply 7108/06/2013

The Best Actress race will be between Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett and Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 7208/30/2013

Julia Roberts is a has-been and hasn't had a box-office hit in years. She was always a lousy actress and a bitch. Best Actress will be either Blanchett or Bullock. Best Actor will be either McBongo or Forrest Whittaker.

by Anonymousreply 7308/30/2013

Redford for best actor. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 7408/30/2013

It's Sharknado's year. So, clearly, Ian Ziering and tara Reid are the frontrunners at this point.

by Anonymousreply 7508/30/2013

BTW I'm back in lead, that supporting thing was just a publicity stunt to get press for O

by Anonymousreply 7608/30/2013

Blanchette has already won Best Actress; it's a closed race. Bradley Cooper will probably win for American Hustle, along with Best Picture, Director and Screenplay.

by Anonymousreply 7708/31/2013

Best Actor: Forrest Whittaker, Lee Daniels The Butler, Leonardo Di Caprio, The Wolf of Wall Street, the guy in the Nelson Mandela film, and the guy in 12 Years a Slave. 3 black actors for Best Actor, which sets a record. The 5th nominee? Not sure. A wild card.

Best actress: Meryll (duh!), Blanchet for "Blue Jasmine," Kate Winslet for "Labor Day," Judi Dench (duh!), and Oprah. That's right. You heard it here first.

Watch out for The Butler. It will be a major contender.

by Anonymousreply 7808/31/2013

r78...oprah is submitting for supporting

by Anonymousreply 7908/31/2013

Both Meryl and Oprah are supporting. Leonardo di Caprio won't get nominated, there aren't that many 14 year old girl voters in the Academy. Winslet will probably get a nomination and Bruce Dern.

by Anonymousreply 8008/31/2013

please keep up r80...I'm switching to lead as of today! yesh!

by Anonymousreply 8108/31/2013

Blanchett will definitely be nommed but she's not a lock to win. At this point it looks like she'll be joined by Bullock and there are many great movies yet to open; we're not even at Sept 1st yet.

BCoop for an Oscar? What are you smoking. His nom last year was for what will probably be the performance of his career in SLP, and even then he was never going to win....American Hustle will either be very good or a schlockfest, depending. I had a friend who worked on that set and he was horrified at what a mess it and Russell was. And he had worked w/DOR previously on The Fighter so he's familiar with his idiosyncrasies.

And as much as I thought it trite and oscar-baity, The Butler will likely get noms. Whitaker, David Oyelowo, and perhaps (gasp) Oprah and Daniels.

by Anonymousreply 8208/31/2013

And for those thinking Bullock will win her 2nd so soon after her 1st, come on. Sandy B while popular will not be holding two Oscars while so many have none. Ampas doesn't work that way. She may deserve to win for Gravity (film is getting raves at Venice) but she'll have to make do with her statue for The Blind Side.

Gravity will get nommed for best pic and Cuaron likely for Director.

I posted this in the McBongo thread the other night, he's well-liked and on a career resurgence like no other but he won't win, not this year. Likely nom for the AIDS film if well-received critically and good bo, but no win. But don't count him out for the future - his time is coming.

by Anonymousreply 8308/31/2013

McBongo could have been nominated for Mud - he was great in that. He'll probably get some critics awards where they combine perfs, for Dallas and Mud - who knows, maybe Wolf of Wall Street too - I can see him stealing scenes from Di Caprio. McBongo has grown by leaps and bounds as an actor, really surprising career moves.

by Anonymousreply 8408/31/2013

Are you employees of JK Livin' International, R83 and R84?

by Anonymousreply 8508/31/2013

lol nope r85.

But am a fan of Matt McC and his new career direction. I just don't think this is his year, there is so much competition out there. And he's got other roles coming up, has the lead in Nolan's Interstellar next year which will be Oscar bait.

Agree he may get notice for Mud. I think the question there was whether for supporting or lead.

by Anonymousreply 8608/31/2013

YES! This is where all of the paid Hollywood publicists will go (here and any other free site) to stir the pots for their clients for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 8708/31/2013

McBongo doesn't need any PR, his performances last year should have got him a nom so he's due.

As for Mud, Sam Shepherd deserves a nom, so does the kid. I hope the director gets some recognition. Take Shelter is one of the most devastating movies I've ever seen - Mud was much more mainstream but still beautifully done. The director's like if Terrence Malick (doesn't he have another movie coming out this year?) could actually buckle down and get a screenplay that made sense.

by Anonymousreply 8808/31/2013

I think Gatsby will get nominations and should.

I'd like to hear about Kill Your Darlings.

I don't know about Gravity, might be a lot of hype over nothing.

by Anonymousreply 8908/31/2013

I like McConnahhhhh? too. He's a good actor, always works and I see his films.

by Anonymousreply 9008/31/2013

[quote]I think Gatsby will get nominations and should.

just technical stuff

by Anonymousreply 9108/31/2013

and it is all about you r90, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 9208/31/2013

Yes. Why?

by Anonymousreply 9308/31/2013

I think Lana Del Rey could get a nom for the Gatsby song

by Anonymousreply 9408/31/2013

Jared Leto will be nominated for Dallas Buyer's Club. And possibly Colin Farrell for Saving Mr Banks.

by Anonymousreply 9508/31/2013

The idea that anyone associated with GATSBY will get a nom is laughable.

It's not even September. And it's largely forgotten. It was the overhyped event of the year.

Look for BLUE JASMINE and THE BUTLER to get a few acting noms.

by Anonymousreply 9608/31/2013

sorry, NON-event of the year.

I don't care if it made money or not. It was a terrible film, instantly forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 9708/31/2013

That Iranian actress in - what's that movie, about the woman who talks to her incapacitated husband? The WIshing Stone, or something like that? She may be a surprise nominee.

by Anonymousreply 9808/31/2013

Lady GaGa will win for best actress. It doesn't matter if she made a film this year or not. She is the Meryl Streep of film and music and beloved by all. When she wins her Oscar, all of Hollywood with thunder with applause.

GaGa is the Queen of Pop and we should be lucky to ever smell even one of her royal farts.

by Anonymousreply 9908/31/2013

Potential Nominees:

Blue Jasmine - Best Actress, Best Original Screenplay

In a World - Best Original Screenplay

by Anonymousreply 10008/31/2013

After seeing Blue Jasmine I can't imagine anyone but Cate winning.

by Anonymousreply 10108/31/2013

Perrenial favorite Glenn Close will be nominated, and lose again. 0/7.

by Anonymousreply 10208/31/2013

Sticks and stones may break some bones and you can go fuck yourself, R103

by Anonymousreply 10408/31/2013

Oh, come on R96, Costumes and even Artistic Direction noms for Gatsby are not overreaching.

I didn't say Best Adaptation though...

by Anonymousreply 10508/31/2013

R80, it's been some time any 14 year-old has been crazy about Leo. He's a good actor, though.

But I think the Academy just don't like him, whatever he does. If they couldn't nominate him for Django Unchained, Revolutionnary Road, Shutter Island, then, he won't get nominated this year either.

by Anonymousreply 10608/31/2013

Argh! I wrote "They don't like him" and then change "them" for "The Academy" and forgot to change the conjugation.

Sorry, grammar-troll...

by Anonymousreply 10708/31/2013

What about for Wolf of Wall Street? what's the word on that one.

Agree with r106 about Leo and the Academy. There's something that's not clicking there.

by Anonymousreply 10808/31/2013

Leo was just nominated a few years ago for Blood Diamond.

by Anonymousreply 10908/31/2013

Stoker will get noms for cinematography and art direction. It was a beautifully made shitty movie.

by Anonymousreply 11009/01/2013

Leo has been nominated 3 times.

by Anonymousreply 11109/01/2013

Leo gets given the best roles going because of his box office pull, and then doesn't do a whole lot with them. He's a pretty limited actor and I think his private life (supermodels) whether they are beards or real relationships, doesn't inspire a lot of admiration from a maturity point of view. He's getting old to be acting like he's early 20s so I think all that contributes to making him look unworthy in the eyes of the Academy.

If you read the reviews for "Gravity" it sounds like the film to beat this year. I can't ever recall reading such raves about any movie, so it must be something special and Sandra Bullock will definitely challenge Cate Blanchett.

by Anonymousreply 11209/01/2013

R77, Cate Blanchett won Best SUPPORTING Actress.

She does not have a Best Actress Academy Award.

by Anonymousreply 11309/01/2013

The word out of Telluride this weekend is that 12 Years a Slave is a masterpiece for the ages (or so the hype says....). I think Gravity just got a contender.

by Anonymousreply 11409/01/2013

[quote]12 Years a Slave is a masterpiece

I'm so happy for Viola!!

by Anonymousreply 11509/01/2013

I hope The Butler gets nothing

by Anonymousreply 11609/01/2013

Hilarious ballot -

by Anonymousreply 11702/26/2014

Even Nicole passed on the 'Diana' film - but then again, Nicole actually believed she could pull of 'Grace.'

(Why, why did I listen to her - She set me up - again to lap up her leftovers! B*tch!)

by Anonymousreply 11802/26/2014

Sh*t! I HATE my Myokymia! Meant to say,

" . . . Nicole actually believed she could pull OFF 'Grace' . . . "

by Anonymousreply 11902/26/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!