Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So The White House Knew Best Picture Beforehand

The Oscars are so fixed.

Michelle wouldn't have presented an award to anything less than Argo or Lincoln.

by Anonymousreply 5002/27/2013

Or Zero Dark Squirty.

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

It was a live feed. Why would they have to know before?

by Anonymousreply 202/25/2013

The loonies are out.

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

If you didn't know Argo was going to win, you're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

Was "bumfuck" even nominated this year?

Wow, the stoopid really runs deep in Limbaugh/Beck/Coulter country.

by Anonymousreply 602/25/2013

Actually, OP, they thought Les Miz was going to win and they had a big choreographed number with all those marines in fancy dress in the background.

Sadly, we will never see that now.

by Anonymousreply 702/25/2013

OP, so what if the White House did know.

The brass at the Academy knew so they could preprint,the winning envelopes, so what's the harm in sharing this information with the White House?

U R nutty.

by Anonymousreply 802/25/2013

I've heard they have the nuclear launch codes, too.

by Anonymousreply 902/25/2013

I doubt that they had any advance notice of the winner. But, so what if they did? Who gives a fuck? If they did, then they didn't spill the beans beforehand, which is pretty much all you ask of the people who do know.

I suspect that PWC tabulated the results, had the envelopes and their contents printed, and had someone hand deliver the sealed Best Picture envelope to the White House. I understand that they are pretty decent at handling Top Secret documents over there.

What an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1002/25/2013

[quote]OP, so what if the White House did know.

It has nothing to do with the White House, or Michelle Obama. It has to do with the Academy Awards. Harvey Winestein bought those awards last year. His tactics were outed too, breaking all the rules for Streep and co. You honestly think Madonna deserved that award for that pos song?! Streep deserved it, but Winestein bought it for her.

I'm probably stating the obvious, but it's worse than ever: the Oscars are merely promotion for movies. It has nothing to do with awarding actors on merit. They just want shit to put on the Blu-ray boxes: 2x Oscar Winning Movie. It's one big corporate crapfest. It's all politics. It's Payola for the movie industry. They already made Lincoln out to be an Oscar winner before it even came out.

by Anonymousreply 1102/25/2013

[quote] I'm probably stating the obvious, but it's worse than ever: the Oscars are merely promotion for movies.

Um, hon? They've ALWAYS been that. The Oscars were STARTED by the heads of the studios to promote their own product and to be able to pat each other on the back for their "work."

by Anonymousreply 1202/25/2013

"I'm probably stating the obvious, but it's worse than ever: the Oscars are merely promotion for movies."

Well, gee, Kreskin, do you really think so?

by Anonymousreply 1302/25/2013

Um, retard OP? Here's a thought, and try to keep up:

After the votes were tallied, the accountants prepared two envelopes with the Best Picture winner posted inside.

Then, using wizardry like, oh, a courier or FedEx, they got the second envelope to the White House in time for the First Lady to open it and announce the winner.

Wouldn't that be amazing, idiot OP????

by Anonymousreply 1402/25/2013

Sure she would have. She's added another footnote to her biography. First Black First Lady. First First Lady to appear on the Oscars/present best picture. It was a lark, she had some fun, over and out. Sometimes a good get is just a good get.

by Anonymousreply 1502/25/2013

"Bumfuck" wasn't nominated, but the year that "Who Gives a Flying Fuck?" was nominated, Pat Nixon was asked to present the Best Picture award but she just couldn't bring herself to say the name of the film on national television. Haldeman urged her to do it, but Pat wisely declined.

by Anonymousreply 1702/25/2013

[quote]Then, using wizardry like, oh, a courier or FedEx, they got the second envelope to the White House in time for the First Lady to open it and announce the winner.

Bitch, please. The envelope containing the Best Picture winner wouldn't have been sent by FedEx, for fuck's sake. Someone from PWC flew to D.C. with the envelope in a locked briefcase and presented it to Mrs. Obama directly. And yes, it was clearly a live feed, and it was also clear long before the broadcast that either "Argo" or "Lincoln" would win, both of them films that put the White House in a positive light.

by Anonymousreply 1802/25/2013

If that indicated to you the Oscars are rigged, then let me put your mind at ease. If they white house had been involved in Oscar rigging, there would definitely been a different result for Best Actress.

by Anonymousreply 1902/25/2013

OP is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 2002/25/2013

"the First Lady is only going to present something that has to do with the US government."

This is a first lady who just appeared in a "Mom Dance" skit on a late-night talk show! Find a conspiracy theory reason for that, I dare you.

by Anonymousreply 2102/25/2013

I bet OhPee is more the "moran" tea type.

by Anonymousreply 2202/25/2013

[quote]This is a first lady who just appeared in a "Mom Dance" skit on a late-night talk show! Find a conspiracy theory reason for that, I dare you.

SHE'S DEMONSTRATING HER CONTEMPT FOR TRADITIONAL HOMEMAKERS AND STAY AT HOME MOMS AND GRRR SMASH HATE SNARL GRRRRRR!

by Anonymousreply 2302/25/2013

Op is a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 2402/25/2013

[quote]The Oscars are so fixed.

you NEVER knew that until now?

by Anonymousreply 2502/25/2013

Michelle's appearance at the Oscars was more glamorous but no less crass and commercial than Laura Bush going on Jay Leno to shill for Las Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 2602/25/2013

OP is a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 2702/25/2013

Um, idiot R18, I specifically MENTIONED couriers.

Do try to keep up.

Stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2802/25/2013

OP also thinks Ted is real and appeared onstage with Mark Wahlberg.

by Anonymousreply 2902/25/2013

I HEARD ON THE RADIO THAT ACTUALLY ANOTHER MOVIE WON AND THE GOVERNMENT FORCED OBAMA TO RECITE ANOTHER NAME. IT'S A CONSPIRACY OF THE HUGEST MAGNITUDE!

by Anonymousreply 3002/25/2013

Hey OP, "Argo" didn't even win. The First Lady picked it because those commie libs Clooney and Affleck are involved.

No one at the Academy dared to reveal the truth, there were drones circling the Dolby Theater the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 3102/25/2013

R28 I would love to see if you are that snippy and confrontational in public. Smart money is on no. You are a sad, sad little man.

by Anonymousreply 3202/25/2013

I agree with you OP. It's a HUGE conspiracy involving the CIA, DIA, the Illuminati, the Bilderburgers as well as the Lizard People.

Now that you've revealed the truth you are going to be under survailance by the FBI, the CIA. You are probably marked for reprograming by the Monarch Program.

Be very careful OP

by Anonymousreply 3302/25/2013

It would have blown the Freepers' minds had she opened the envelope, looked at the camera, smiled broadly, and said "Benghazi!"

by Anonymousreply 3402/25/2013

Did anyone notice that Jane Fonda didn't open the envelope when she presented? Yet,she knew the winner.

by Anonymousreply 3502/25/2013

HA, R3!

Oh, how sweet that would have been. Janitors would be cleaning up exploded Freep heads from now til Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 3602/25/2013

I meant R34.

by Anonymousreply 3702/25/2013

R35, clearly she opened it during the montage.

by Anonymousreply 3802/25/2013

Meryl open the envelope during the montage too....(That seems to be an age thing...old people always seem to want to open the envelope early...Christopher Plummer almost opened it without reading the nominees. I've seen others do that too.)

by Anonymousreply 3902/25/2013

hump

by Anonymousreply 4002/25/2013

Les Miserables was the Best Picture of the year despite the announced winner.

by Anonymousreply 4102/25/2013

Actually, Michelle was only expected to read the winner if one of several "approved" movies won.

Jack Nicholson opened his envelope and the plan was that if an approved movie won, he would throw it back to Michelle to announce. If a non-approved movie won, Jack would have simply announced it.

That's why there was a bit of awkwardness there when Michelle throws it back to Jack, who then immediately threw it back to Michelle asking for her to take the envelope and read the winner.

by Anonymousreply 4202/25/2013

[quote][R28] I would love to see if you are that snippy and confrontational in public. Smart money is on no. You are a sad, sad little man

Wrong, R32. I don't suffer fools, such as you or R18.

by Anonymousreply 4302/26/2013

Oh pun-leeze that fame hungry cunt was just shaking her tits on Jimmy Fallon, she'd go to the opening of an envelop if there were cameras.

She disgusts me.

by Anonymousreply 4402/26/2013

I heard a morning radio dj (NYC) announce that someone in the White House, maybe the Secret Service, had to have known the winner in advance, because they would have opened the envelope before it came into the building. Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 4502/26/2013

R42, link please.

by Anonymousreply 4602/26/2013

Someone at the White House may have checked the envelope for anthrax or something before they allowed it in the building, does it really matter?

I don't think the First Lady knew the results beforehand but it's fine if she did. It's not as if they can't keep a secret in the West Wing.

Remember me?

by Anonymousreply 4702/26/2013

What did they know and when did they know it?

by Anonymousreply 4802/26/2013

They probably just sent a Price Waterhouse staffer to the white house with the envelop...Price Waterhouse is everywhere...

by Anonymousreply 4902/26/2013

According to Chris Matthews the envelope was delivered over the weekend and indeed opened. Michell and anyone she told knew the results.

by Anonymousreply 5002/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.