Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

All the Argo love = CIA influence

Having Michelle Obama there to present Best Picture was the final straw.

It is a love letter to the CIA and the non-stop love showered on it screams hearts-and-minds operation to me.

Yeah, yeah, the fine points are that the Canadians really helped, but what people remember is that the CIA got those people out.

I kept thinking Argo was good, but the overwhelming press, its sweep of pre-Oscar awards and the fucking tsunami of attention given to the Ben Affleck snub when 4 other directors were also snubbed started to stink.

The CIA has cash to spend and Hollywood would vote for Pol Pot if the price was right.

I smell a rat.

by Anonymousreply 2202/26/2013

Yep, that's it. You're a genius for connecting the dots.

I assume you're a millionaire, since you are so brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 102/25/2013

[quote]I smell a rat.

Actually, OP, you just smell, period.

by Anonymousreply 202/25/2013

It will be fun watching all the anti-Obama, anti-Michelle fundies just exploding. Because the republicunts had no hidden agendas.

by Anonymousreply 402/25/2013

If you want to see fundie heads exploding, check out this thread about Michelle Obama's appearance on Jimmy Fallon's show:

by Anonymousreply 502/25/2013

R6: up for the Best Cunt Award - and didn't get a nomination. Understandably bitter.

by Anonymousreply 702/25/2013

I really strongly doubt it's CIA propaganda.

It's Hollywood propaganda for itself: it's a film that tries to show that Hollywood can literally save lives. No wonder Hollywood loves it.

by Anonymousreply 902/25/2013

"Michelle Obama had no business being there"

They all thought Lincoln was going to win. Get it, negro in the White House?

by Anonymousreply 1002/25/2013

Apparently OP works at Fars News:

[quote]That perception was re-enforced by the surprise presenter of the award, Michelle Obama. Fars News, Iran’s main hardline outlet, wasted no time in questioning her role, writing, “In a rare occasion in Oscar history, the First Lady announced the winner for Best Picture for the anti-Iran Film ‘Argo,’ which is produced by the Zionist company Warner Bros.”

by Anonymousreply 1102/25/2013

Yes, a movie co-produced by the notorius liberal George Clooney is bound to be a love letter about the CIA.

Opie, your tin hat called. It wants its brains back.

by Anonymousreply 1202/25/2013

OP, the CIA is already inside of your computer. You know those constant alerts to "update" your Flash? Uh-huh, cleverly concealed look-alikes from the CIA.

You clicked on it and now they are in your spinning hard drive reading everything. All of your self naked photos will show up on Rough Trade Weekly, so expect to become popular.

by Anonymousreply 1302/26/2013

OP has a loverly bunch of coconuts.

by Anonymousreply 1402/26/2013

It felt wrong that she was there especially since the movie "manipulated" the truth of what was really going on during the hostage crisis.

by Anonymousreply 1602/26/2013

The thing I don't understand is why there was SUCH consternation about the inaccuracies of LINCOLN and ZERO DARK THIRTY, but everyone was happy to let the (more more significant) anachronisms in ARGO skate.

by Anonymousreply 1702/26/2013

It's all distraction kids...look behind the headlines.

by Anonymousreply 1802/26/2013

[quote]The thing I don't understand is why there was SUCH consternation about the inaccuracies of LINCOLN and ZERO DARK THIRTY, but everyone was happy to let the (more more significant) anachronisms in ARGO skate.

I totally agree. How any of those films were allowed to be in the Best Documentary category is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 1902/26/2013

Affleck behaves as if he doesn't want to do any project unless it ends with an armful of statuettes.

by Anonymousreply 2002/26/2013

Like most of the movies this year, it looks dry as a bone. And the art direction is drab as well.

by Anonymousreply 2102/26/2013

It's disgusting, OP. I agree. This is an organization that was involved in having President Kennedy assassinated and they continue to get away with whatever they please.

by Anonymousreply 2202/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!