Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nikki Finke's liveblogging about the Oscars

My God--It's as if she's totally wallowing in her own cuntiness.

To be sure, the Oscar opening was awful, but her sheer nasty cynicism and her complete lack of humor about anything are jawdropping.

by Anonymousreply 3302/25/2013

Wow, she IS a cunt.

[quote]You have to excuse me. That show opening was so lousy, I’m still in a state of shock and dismay.

[quote]Seth MacFarlane has now officially become Jerry Lewis. The smarmy egotistical Jerry Lewis who can’t sing or dance but thinks he’s just as good as Dean Martin. Oh barf.

[quote]Even the Academy Awards audience is now embarrassed for Seth. That half-smile plastered on George Clooney’s face is hiding what he’s really thinking: that MacFarlane needs to walk off the stage for the good of the show now. it’s like all the air has been sucked out of the Oscars. What a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 102/24/2013

Finke is a bitter, bitter woman.

by Anonymousreply 202/24/2013

There's snark, and then there's just unalloyed bitterness.

by Anonymousreply 302/24/2013

That second comment was ancient as hell, but she's right. That's an interesting comparison.

by Anonymousreply 402/24/2013

And as if all that wasn't enough, she later added:

[quote]He really is The Worst Oscar Host Ever. I can’t think of anyone who even comes close to MacFarlane.

by Anonymousreply 502/24/2013

Well, someone who can out cunt me? I must pay more attention

by Anonymousreply 602/24/2013

The opening wasn't that bad. She sounds like she's obsessed with criticizing.

by Anonymousreply 702/24/2013

Who is Nikki Finke?

by Anonymousreply 802/24/2013

Nikki from 2009 (which was a well-received Oscars):

[quote]OHMYGAWD, it’s not the Oscars: IT’S THE TONY’S! Worst Academy Awards opening ever. None of these lyrics are funny. Alan Carr’s showstopper of Snow White and Rob Lowe (remember how our jaws went slack?) is starting to look like a masterpiece in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 902/24/2013

If she were beloved, she could be Hollywood's Beloved Cunt.

But she's not beloved--she's just Hollywood's Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1002/24/2013

I think she's needlessly mean at times, but her material is very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 1102/24/2013

She also HATES Steven Spielberg for some reason these days, and she's not afraid of showing it. but it manifests itself bizarrely:

[quote] Blasting the Jaws soundtrack to shove the Life Of Pi visual effects team offstage shows just how far Spielberg has fallen. Tacky.

by Anonymousreply 1202/24/2013

She's unfunny, un-inciteful, unclever, and unfun.

Yes. She puts the UN in CUNT.

These idiot smug twats have cut into the quality of bitchiness. They do ruin everything.

by Anonymousreply 1302/24/2013

Travolta look GREAT! (Despite the wig.) He's FINALLY slimmed down.

by Anonymousreply 1402/24/2013

Nikki's a diabetic, desperate, cunt of all cunts.

And I'm sorry, but there's no way Seth M is worse than Franco/Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 1502/24/2013

She's very lucky

by Anonymousreply 1602/24/2013

She really is the Hedda Hopper of the 21st century. She doesn't have a nice bone in her body.

by Anonymousreply 1702/24/2013

Nikki is great. Is DL Bitching that some else is bitching?

by Anonymousreply 1802/24/2013

Is what she's saying any worse than the posts on the average DL thread?

by Anonymousreply 1902/24/2013

[quote] Is what she's saying any worse than the posts on the average DL thread?

R19 wins the Internet for pointing out the obvious!

by Anonymousreply 2002/24/2013

Nikki is not "great." She's a fat, bitter cunt who thinks she's the Queen of Hollywood. She's always taking "medical leaves," and she won't allow pictures to be taken of her. She's a paranoid freak.

by Anonymousreply 2102/24/2013

She's currenty FURIOUS the show is a whole [italic]six minutes[/italic] behind schedule!

Does she not remember when it used to go hours over? Also, it's hardly Seth McFarlane's or the producer's fault: one of the awards resulted in a rare tie.

by Anonymousreply 2202/24/2013

Her tagline is "Come for the cynicism. Stay for the subversion." That could be a DL tagline!

On the other hand, she's saying as a scoop that she just got an email from someone inside the theater that Affleck was furious at the Gigli reference.

Bitch, please. We could see that from SPACE. Don't be Captain Obvious!

by Anonymousreply 2302/24/2013

[quote]Nikki's a diabetic.

Nikki, drink your juice.

by Anonymousreply 2402/24/2013

[quote] She's always taking "medical leaves," and she won't allow pictures to be taken of her. She's a paranoid freak.

That's what they said about Manti Teo's girlfriend, too....

by Anonymousreply 2502/25/2013

Who is Nikki Finke?

by Anonymousreply 2602/25/2013

I'll teach them not to invite me to the party!

by Anonymousreply 2702/25/2013

Nikki must be a conservative. She's allowing comments like "the fat cow Mrs. O" and "Obama is a pig" to stay in the comments section, but deletes comments that call out the conservatives on their crap.

Fuck her. Fuck her with her insulin injection kit.

by Anonymousreply 2802/25/2013

I love how the first comment on the Oscar snark is guessing at what time that Nikki will complain about the Oscars alienating half of America and the comment I had read just above that was her complaining about the Oscars alienating half of America by bringing Michelle Obama in.

by Anonymousreply 2902/25/2013

How dare she find fault with Seth MacFarlane!!! That's so gay, as our buddy, the beloved Seth, would say.

by Anonymousreply 3002/25/2013

Just in case you had any doubt that Nikki Finke is a total cunt, here's what she had to say about the First Lady's appearance at The Oscars:

[quote]As if Hanoi Jane weren’t fuel enough. Oh My God - the Academy actually fans the fire by drafting First Lady Michelle Obama to help present Best Picture from presumably the White House? So unnecessary and inappropriate to inject so much politics into the Oscars yet again. Hollywood will get pilloried by conservative pundits for arranging this payoff for all the campaign donations it gave the President’s reelection campaign. I don’t understand this very obvious attempt to infuriate right-leaning audiences. Clearly the studios only want to sell their movies to only half of America. And here I’d thought Spielberg had overreached at the Golden Globes by bringing Bill Clinton onstage…

by Anonymousreply 3102/25/2013

Seth McFarlane should have never hosted. I think even he knows that. But it's just an awards show. It's not that serious.

by Anonymousreply 3202/25/2013

She intrigues me.

On the one hand, she's a raging cunt.

On the other hand, everyone in Hollywood - well, almost everyone - cowers in fear at the mention of her very name.

She isn't an exceptionally gifted writer. I think her success is due to timing, some good contacts and an initial willingness to tell it like it is - which has been subdued since Deadline Hollywood is now owned by a corporation.

by Anonymousreply 3302/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.