Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Daytona 500 2013. Who will be watching?

will Danica finish in the top ten?

What is your view on the crash yesterday and the use of restrictor plates? Would it be safer to let people drive all out with no max speed limit, or is it better to limit the speed requiring closer drafting?

What are your top 5 finishers?

I am going out on a limb and saying:

1. stewart 2. Johnson 3. Kyle Bush 4. Kevin Harvick 5. Danica

by Anonymousreply 3403/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 102/24/2013

Which is more mindless:

One, watching golf on TV,

Two, watching cars run around the same direction on a track for hours on end.

by Anonymousreply 302/24/2013

re 3, golf would be far more exciting if every once in awhile they players were sucked up in a tornado and tossed throughout the course.

by Anonymousreply 402/24/2013

I don't think Danica will finish in the top ten. The 28 feet of fence has been repaired and they're ready to go. Will the injured people want front row seats again?

by Anonymousreply 502/24/2013

r3---EVERY track is different. Some have banking, some don't. Some are concrete, some are cement and some are asphalt. Some are 1.5 mile/ 2 mile super speedways, some are short tracks. How the driver adjusts to the track, and how the crew set up the car are what makes the races interesting.

Some drivers---Tony Stewart,for example--- can win on ANY type of track in any type of car. If you REALLY want see some driving chops, watch Tony on a dirt track. Kahne's not to shabby on dirt, either.

Yeah, Nascar can use a few more road courses. Watkins Glen and Sears Point ( Yeah, yeah, I know, it's INFINEON, but it will ALWAYS be Sears Point to ME, dammit) are it. Would LOVE to see Montreal in a Cup race, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 602/24/2013

"NASCAR need to dump plates"

What does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 702/24/2013

r5---the interesting conundrum for Danica is : WHO does she help out? Will she try to help Ricky over her boss Tony and team mate Ryan Newman? Or will she fuck over Ricky and help out Newman and / or Stewart?

by Anonymousreply 802/24/2013

r7---Nascar uses restrictor plates on the superspeedways of Daytona and Talladega.

A restrictor plate is a square aluminum plate that has four holes drilled into it. Hole size is determined by NASCAR and varies between 0.875 inches and 1 inch (2.2 to 2.5 cm). Restrictor plates are placed between the carburetor and the intake manifold to reduce the flow of air and fuel into the engine's combustion chamber, thus reducing horsepower and speed.

At these tracks, cars could get well over 200 mph. With the plate, if ALL cars run at top speed, it results in the cars being all bunched up together and accidents WILL happen. If one car crashes, usually some of the others nearby will crash too.

For example, in yesterday's NNS race, the wreck prior to "The Big One", saw Kshne getting sucked up into Micheal Anett and Austin Dillion's wreck by sheer velocity.

by Anonymousreply 902/24/2013

Thank you, Barney, at R9.

by Anonymousreply 1002/24/2013

I don't know about dumping plates. It sounds good. Hate "the big ones" and the boring pack racing. But slowing them down helps keep them on the ground. Obviously they don't always stay on the ground, but we probably have fewer flying cars with restrictor plates than without. I would like to see them figure out how to do this without the plates.

If Danica is still running at the end, she sure could finish in the top 10. Heck, anyone still running on the lead lap at the end could wind up in the top 10 at Daytona!

I've been a Mark Martin fan since I first started watching NASCAR in 1992 so I'm picking him to win. The rest of my top five are Stewart, Ky Busch, Bowyer, Harvick.

by Anonymousreply 1102/24/2013

There are probably much better events on TV today, people.

by Anonymousreply 1202/24/2013

Apparently the last of the 30 racefans injured yesterday are out of the hospital. NASCAR is giving them good seats for the race today.

by Anonymousreply 1302/24/2013

1. Who the hell is Clay Cook?

2. James Franco looks like total shit.

3. Why is 50 cent there besides to mack on Erin Andrews?

by Anonymousreply 1402/24/2013

I'm liking Richard Petty to get the grits today.

by Anonymousreply 1502/24/2013

Is he saying that Danica is not a driver?

by Anonymousreply 1602/24/2013

Ugh, I can't stand Erin Andrews. Who invited her?

by Anonymousreply 1702/24/2013

I was shocked the first time i saw the daytona track. the banking is so steep that from the road it looks like it is about 2 stories high.

As for the injured fans getting free tickets. I would think if you got a piece of engine through your thigh, you might not be so keen to sit and watch another race.

by Anonymousreply 1802/24/2013

[quote]I would think if you got a piece of engine through your thigh, you might not be so keen to sit and watch another race.

You're forgetting that the injured people are folks who pay big bucks for travel, hotels, and tickets to watch a bunch of cars go round and round a track. Shrapnel from a NASCAR wreck in a leg or thigh will be like winning an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 1902/24/2013

NASCAR is a blood sport!

by Anonymousreply 2002/24/2013

More videos

by Anonymousreply 2102/24/2013

NASCAR is the quintessential FOX viewer's favorite "sport."

by Anonymousreply 2202/24/2013

Is this going to be like a Dead people on Mount Everest Thread?

by Anonymousreply 2302/24/2013

Listening to that old coot Darryl Waltrip I don't think he is much of a fan of Danica Patrick. Either than or he is being unusually critical of her. Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 2402/24/2013

re 24 Waltrip was being critical and an ass. He knows racing, but he always seems to talk about her with a bit of resentment. I think it is difficult for the good old boys to even get their head around the fact that she is out there.

by Anonymousreply 2502/24/2013

Danica finished in the top ten. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 2602/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 2702/24/2013

Where's the "like" button for "Danica's" comment?

by Anonymousreply 2802/24/2013

I'm not gay.

by Anonymousreply 2902/24/2013

She finished in the top ten at two major racetracks.

by Anonymousreply 3002/24/2013

this guy is watching

by Anonymousreply 3102/24/2013

where's the from the desk of tony stewart troll?

I want to know how he feels about being teammates with Danica this season.

by Anonymousreply 3202/25/2013

[quote]I'm not gay.

Neither am I.

by Anonymousreply 3303/01/2013

Well, WE certainly aren't!

by Anonymousreply 3403/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!