Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I absolutely adore tuna and could eat a plain can at least once a day, but my friend told me you can get mercury poisoning by eating too much. Please tell me it's all a ghastly lie.

by Anonymousreply 1602/24/2013

In your case it's cannibalistic, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 102/24/2013

Related article to your question

by Anonymousreply 202/24/2013

You're okay for one tuna can per week. Then you can also have a can of sardines per week, and once more per week, one of the better fish, such as wild salmon from the West Coast (specifically - be careful about origin). That's all you should have per week. Make sure you aren't having the unsafe types / origins of fish. Also, you might want to try fish oil pills which you can take more often - looks like your body is craving some nutrients.

Not accustomed to loving sardines? Make a sardine salad: sardines packed in olive oil (use the oil) romaine, green onion, capers, pinch mustard powder, 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, 2 squeezes fresh lemon. Optional: raw sauerkraut. Delicious!

by Anonymousreply 302/24/2013

Forgot to say add salt and pepper to taste! I prefer freshly cracking pepper, but whatever you have is good.

by Anonymousreply 402/24/2013

Why is everybody looking at me?!

by Anonymousreply 502/24/2013

We hate you and your stench Cheryl...

by Anonymousreply 602/24/2013

I used to eat a lot of tuna, especially when my cash was low, since I could stock up on it and would eat it only when I needed to save.

Last year, my upper left arm started getting really numb, plus other problems had surfaced. I stopped eating tuna altogether (still eat shrimp twice a week), and the symtptoms were gone within a week.

Not sure what that means but I wouldn't touch tuna except rarely.

by Anonymousreply 702/24/2013

totally correct. Mercury poisoning can be slow to go away The neuro symptoms can take months to clear. Most people buy the solid white tuna, which has a higher mercury content than the chunk light

by Anonymousreply 802/24/2013

No more for me.

by Anonymousreply 902/24/2013

OP, we get it, you're a lesbian. Enough with the euphemisms.

by Anonymousreply 1002/24/2013

Tuna on toast with salt and pepper

by Anonymousreply 1102/24/2013

OP = Miss Sissy Boodles

by Anonymousreply 1202/24/2013

Actually low grade tuna is a lot better. It's the kind that is one step above cat food. Those tunas are far enough down on the food chain, they don't accumulate mercury. Sardines also don't accumulate mercury, so eat away.

by Anonymousreply 1302/24/2013

Tuna is plural, tunny is singular.

by Anonymousreply 1402/24/2013

So what about sushi? It is by far my favorite kind of fish. I eat at least one spicy tuna roll each week.

Dammit if tuna doesn't taste marvelous. Why does it have to be so delicious and at the same time, devilish?

by Anonymousreply 1502/24/2013

Here's you a theme song, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1602/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!