Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

No Liza at the Oscars?

And in a year in which they're saluting musicals???? The daughter of one of the greatest movie musical stars ever and one of the great movie musical directors ever and an Oscar winner herself for one of the most iconic musical movies ever. Yet they can't invite her? This is the fortieth year of her Oscar win, too.

I know she can be a train wreck at times, but I can't imagine how you could do a musical themed show, and not invite Minnelli. But these are the same producers who didn't know that Streisand has only sung once at the Oscars. Aren't they supposed to be gay?

by Anonymousreply 2002/24/2013

They're saluting RECENT musicals, dear.

by Anonymousreply 102/24/2013

Streisand refused to sing "The Way we Were" when she and the song were nominated, she sat in the audience, hoping to be named best actress.

Streisand refused to sing that song from "The Mirror has Two Chins" and Celine sang it instead while Streisand sat in the audience.

Celine was also singing "My Heart will go On" from Titanic that night and Streisand was not going to compete with that.

(She also cancelled last minute singing with Celine at the Grammys)

Now when Streisand no longer can sing well, she wants to perform at the Oscars because at seventy she hopes to play a 40 year old in the remake of a creaky old musical.

She is a vain phony egotistical pain in the ass.

I say wheel Liza out. She never could sing but if you're drunk and squint she still looks like Sally Bowles. Life is a Cabaret Liza. Come to the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 202/24/2013

The Anti-Streisand Troll unloads full force and then finally brings up the subject at hand. Did you use a new towel to wipe up?

by Anonymousreply 302/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 402/24/2013

[quote]Streisand refused to sing "The Way we Were" when she and the song were nominated, she sat in the audience, hoping to be named best actress.

Not true. She was filming Funny Lady that day. She came to the theatre towards the end and waited backstage for the Best Actress results. It was was cool not to attend the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 502/24/2013

I am not a troll and not over fifty.

People who don't enjoy Barbra are legion. Vast. We exist in enormous numbers. A majority I would guess. (if not on DL)

Why can't Barbra stay backstage this year too ?

by Anonymousreply 602/24/2013

Then start a "No Streisand At the Oscars" thread. She has no relevance on a Liza thread whether you like her or not.

"We exist in enormous numbers." OK.

by Anonymousreply 702/24/2013

And I here I thought Craig shadan and neil meron were my two closhest friendsh!

by Anonymousreply 802/24/2013

R4 with Lady Gaga and Jay Z being self proclaimed fans of Liza's, your attempts at humor fall completely flat.

I agree that Liza should be on the oscars. It is the fortieth year of her oscar win for Cabaret. The whole cast was just reunited. Given that most modern movie musicals are heavily influenced by Fosse, it only makes sense to have his muse appear.

And even if she is in trainwreck mode, it will be ten times more interesting than watching the cast of LES MIS attempt to sing a musical number live.

by Anonymousreply 902/24/2013

Liza, you are missed!

by Anonymousreply 1002/24/2013

I bet Liza wanted to be on soooo badly, but they didn't ask.

"I know she can be a train wreck at times"

AT TIMES????? She's a train wreck every minute of every day of the rest of her life. I'm glad she isn't on because I don't think I could take much more of her.

As for Streisand: Retire already!!! I am not looking forward to hearing or seeing her this evening.

by Anonymousreply 1102/24/2013

they're not "saluting musicals". They're "saluting" les mis.

by Anonymousreply 1202/24/2013

They're saluting Chicago and Dreamgirls, too.

by Anonymousreply 1302/24/2013

So much drama R11. Are you a Minnelli ex?

by Anonymousreply 1402/24/2013

Just for a second I read "no Liza in the Ozarka" and conjured a mental image of sequins and hillbillies

by Anonymousreply 1502/24/2013

If Liza showed up it would merely make more obvious how bad the recent overly vaunted musicals have been.

by Anonymousreply 1602/24/2013

Isn't she doing the concert series with Alan Cumming or is that next month?

by Anonymousreply 1702/24/2013

They did, darlingsch, they did. I juscht over schlepped.

by Anonymousreply 1802/24/2013

For fuck's sake, musicals are for the dimwitted.

by Anonymousreply 1902/24/2013

Liza has said she works with brain damaged children. I doubt she works with brain damaged kids, but r19 is available.

by Anonymousreply 2002/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!