Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Over it!

Is there a famous person (artist, musician, actor, whatever), or film, or TV show, or notable creation that you once loved....

....and are now over it - or ashamed to admit you ever liked it/them?

Who or what was it, why did you love them and what changed?

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 6202/25/2013

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 102/23/2013

This thread already exists, OP.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 202/23/2013

R2, that's not the same.

For me it's Bruce Springsteen. So over him but I've never met him and I don't hate him though there were some things that made me think twice about him.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 302/23/2013

I used to love Gwyneth Paltrow films. Gross.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 402/23/2013

I was the biggest fan of True Blood in the entire universe, when I discovered it, I was mesmerized.

Now I am embarassed to say out loud that I watch it.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 502/23/2013

I never loved U2, but owned some albums. Now I can't switch the station soon enough when I hear their music.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 602/23/2013

Me too, r6. U2's music has been so overplayed for so long I just can't listen to it anymore. I never want to hear another song off of "The Joshua Tree" again for the rest of my life.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 702/24/2013

The soundtrack of my angst riddled teen years was provided by The Smiths. Morrissey was my god. Then two things happened. One, the whole ugly lawsuit where it was revealed how he swindled his bandmates out of millions. Two, I realized what made their music so great was Johnny Marr. Morrissey would be nothing were it not for the brilliance of Marr and his Rickenbacker. I guess also the fact that I stopped being an angst riddled teen and became a confident adult probably had something to do with it as well.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 802/24/2013

r8, he didn't swindle his band out of millions, he just refused to pay the judgement and slunk off to America to avoid it.

To his credit, Marr paid up (although he was right in the first place, I would've appealed). He definitely is the genius behind the queen.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 902/24/2013

Sting. He got old.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 1002/24/2013

Basia. LOL fucking Basia. I was going through a box of old CDs and I found a fucking Basia CD.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 1102/24/2013

JIm and Pam from "The Office". They used to be so cute in their unrequited love, now all they do is talk about their fucking kids and smirk condescendingly..hate them, hate the show.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 1202/24/2013

most everything

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 1302/24/2013

Joni Mitchell. She was one of the most brilliant artists of her time, and turned into one of the most insufferable celebrities of her time.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 1402/24/2013

Joni remains a brilliant artist (based on her entire body of work, mind you), but she has always been an insufferable bitch. Not a friend to other women artists. Not much of a collaborator. No one is a bigger Joni fan than Joni.

Picasso was basically an asshole, too.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 1502/24/2013

Mark Harmon. He got old.

Nathan Fillion. He got fat.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 1602/24/2013

Madonna. It was always love hate but now I find her repulsive. Mean rich girl and vapid. Shitty music.

Nicole Kidman. So fake now with the Botox and "life in Nashville." Loved her ten years ago like every homo. Took me a while to realize she is bearding for Keith Urban just like she did with Tammy. Granny Freeze.

Lindsay Lohan. From love to hate.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 1702/24/2013

Gaga--the court case has made me loathe her for eternity. Glee. The Cure and The Smiths are unlistenable to me now. They defined my teens though.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 1802/24/2013

Basically all the female singers I grew up with in the 90's:

Madonna - Used to love her music and her "tough" personality. Then after she married homophobe Guy Ritchie and refused to be associated with anything gay-related to make him happy (along with pretending to love pubs, beer, and everything British), I realized what a fake cunt she was and haven't liked her since. Her music REALLY sucks now, and she's more of a bitch now than ever, so I cringe that I actually liked her once.

Mariah Carey - I used to think her whole "diva" persona was funny and I liked her music in the 90's, but now I can't stand her. She's 43 years old and still acts like a whiney baby and her music sounds like shit now.

Janet Jackson - Again, she used to make great music and put on a great show, but in the early 2000's when she let Jermaine Dupri took over her career, her music went to shit and has sounded like shit ever since. She's completely boring to me now. Plus, I played all of her 80's and 90's stuff so much growing up, that I can't even listen to any of it now.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 1902/24/2013

Sean Penn and James Brolin. Mean drunks, unlikable, aging fast.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 2002/24/2013

Taste and intelligence show over time, even in the realm of commercial pop music. Part of Madonna's fall from grace is her unfortunate combination of ambition, narcissism, and a real lack of taste. In everything: her appearance, her vanity projects (her movies), and her glomming onto the latest youth trends. The fun tacky bitch at 25 is a depressing bore at 55.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 2102/24/2013

Courtney love. Loved her in the 90s her acting and music. Now im just like WTF???

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 2202/24/2013

R22 Oh, yeah - I forgot to add her to my list. Completely agree.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 2302/24/2013

My love for Bette Midler survived Beaches and even Stella. But after For the Boys and Gypsy it was all over between us two.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 2502/24/2013

I assume r24 is the poster referred to as the Jan-bot.

I used to have the biggest celebrity crush on Andrew VanWyngarden and then MGMT became really popular and then the worst kind of ironic. I mean I'd still do him, but I will NOT buy the record.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 2602/24/2013

Used to love Bjork. Now I cannot stand hearing her voice. I'm over her autistic savant elfish child-woman shtick.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 2702/24/2013

R24: MARY!

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 2802/24/2013

But r24 this is just a list of people who others are personally 'over'. It's not a fucking schematic of people who have been absolutely verified to suck. I disagree with many people on here (Morrissey, Courtney Love, The Cure) but I am not offended because it's just postings from other people who are personally tired of them (after having been fans and probably playing them to death) and I can't speak for others and don't really care. You shouldn't either. I'm sure Janet will be just fine. The Office, however..

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 2902/24/2013

Jeremy Renner.

Used to love him. Can't stand him now. His behavior is repulsive and he looks horrible these days (and yes, I found him attractive at one time).

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 3002/24/2013

Melissa Etheridge.

Will be too soon if I ever hear another of her paint-by-numbers songs. Bitch hasn't done anything good since 2001 and the old stuff is now so tired and worn I swear it's frayed at the edges.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 3102/24/2013

R24 - M-A-R-Y!

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 3202/24/2013

Obviously some of these performers had the nerve to get old while their admirers magically did not.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 3302/24/2013

I thought I was great but now after all the backlash I'm not so sure.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 3402/24/2013

I was really into Soul Asylum in middle school but even then was embarrassed by it and tried to keep anyone from finding out. I had all their albums and wrote my own song lyrics to their rhyme schemes.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 3502/24/2013

The Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Was so into them in the later 80s-early 90s. Now they're just an embarrassing Dad band.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 3602/24/2013

I wouldn't say I once loved them --- but I do own THE Milli Vanilli CD.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 3702/24/2013

Beyonce. Around B'Day I thought she was great with her music and all female back-up band. In the last year or so she's gotten on my last nerve. Now I can only see her as a self-centered fake.

John Waters is an embarrassment these days also, and I used to love him. Even watching his old stuff now, I just get the sense that he's kind of dumb.

Tim Burton and The Simpsons are things I can't stand now, but I still love their old stuff.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 3802/24/2013

Johnny Depp. He really was beautiful and gave some terrific performances, but now... he looks bloated, and has really started embarassing himself onscreen.

Well, I'll always have my "Ed Wood" DVD.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 3902/24/2013

All of them.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 4002/24/2013

Miles Davis, after reading that what he'd most like to do if he only had a hour to live is strangle a white guy.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 4102/24/2013

Of my favourite actors I used to like and find insufferable now I can only think of Ryan Gosling and Denzel Washington.

Musicians, maybe Prince (I cant stand religious creeps)

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 4202/24/2013

I'd say Men At Work.

Convinced they were the next big thing, I collected their albums, memorabilia, etc.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 4302/24/2013

When I was a little kid, I remember having a crush on Scott Baio. Now he's an arrogant old racist, sexist, hateful Repug fart and I'm glad his career is dead and buried.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 4402/24/2013

Madonna...she's one of the few (perhaps only) female singers who was actually part of and was raised in a gay subculture when she was younger and that's why I think she developed her finely-honed ability to identify and develop trends, which is something that gay men had always been best at (and why gay men dominate music, art, fashion, etc.).

Most singers who try to exploit gay audiences like Gaga and Katy Perry never were part of the gay culture like Madonna was (instead, living and basking in heterosexual privilege). Madonna was also probably one of the few true bisexual women, with her relationships with Ingrid and others, whereas other female singers just pretend to be bi. However, when she married Guy Ritchie, she created this obnoxious new persona of a completely straight-laced posh British lady and lost her ability to make influential, interesting music.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 4502/24/2013

I was just thinking about this yesterday with respect to Taylor Swift. People generally liked her when she first appeared on the scene, but she's basically become a joke.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 4602/24/2013

I was in love/lust with Angelina until the shady adoption of the Vietnamese boy when they changed his name (he was already three years old.). Hated the Brange ever since.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 4702/24/2013

Like R5, "True Blood". It rode on its potential with me for 3 seasons. I'm not sure why I was so determined to stick with it. I think in part, because I am a fan of the Jessica character. I wanted to now what would happen with her.

I still think Deborah Ann Woll is terrific, but I barely bother with the show now.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 4802/24/2013

Over it: Wentworth Miller. Why: He got fat.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 4902/24/2013

Helen Lawson. She was old when she was in.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 5002/24/2013

They all go away to one degree or another. The more famous you are, generally the faster you go.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 5102/24/2013

MORRISSEY.

Dear god, Morrissey.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 5202/24/2013

Surprised no one's mentioned Barbra. Sure, she got old but she used to have such a joy and sense of humor in her music. I miss that.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 5302/24/2013

And you all wonder why I love Janbot.

The reply at R24 says it all.

YOU GO BITCH!

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 5402/24/2013

Al Pacino works my last fucking nerve. Take your thyroid meds and learn to modulate your voice Al!

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 5502/24/2013

I can't wait for Pacino's Paterno film with De Palma, but the trailer for the Phil Spector movie looks ridiculously over the top.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 5602/24/2013

John Travolta and Tom Cruise - I can't believe I ever liked either one of them. I hang my head in shame.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 5702/24/2013

[quote]I'd say Men At Work.

Convinced they were the next big thing, I collected their albums, memorabilia, etc.

In your defense, they're still listenable, and Colin Hay's solo work is good.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 5802/24/2013

I never really liked any of them to begin with, so not much has changed.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 5902/24/2013

Angelina Jolie. In the late 90's loved her, now I wish she'd just go away... her and that dipshit she's attached to.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 6002/24/2013

R8 & R9 Swindle may not be the correct word, but what he did was horribly dishonest, manipulative and downright unethical. Basically, he stroked Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke's egos, got them all excited about being on a record and once they laid down their tracks he took off and refused to sing one note until the contracts were drawn up to cut them out of the deal. Marr wasn't exactly an innocent party in all this however he did pay up and to his credit, has moved on. Not so with Morrissey. In a recent interview he bitched and moaned and said he hopes Rourke and Joyce know nothing but pain and misery for the rest of their lives. Seriously? This is not coming from some petulant teenager, this is coming from a 50+ year old man.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 6102/25/2013

Stevie Winwood, while a wonderful musician, makes me want to drink.

by Diane FUCKING Sawyer wants to knowreply 6202/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.