Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Office

Any backstage gossip?

by Anonymousreply 2002/24/2013

They've all been phoning in performances since 2010

by Anonymousreply 102/23/2013

There are rumors that it's going off the air. But I can't share more than that right now.

by Anonymousreply 202/24/2013

Over it, Jim and Pam from "The Office". They used to be so cute in their unrequited love, now all they do is talk about their fucking kids and smirk condescendingly..hate them, hate the show.

by Anonymousreply 302/24/2013

I'm somewhat surprised John Krasinski didn't become a bigger, break-out star. He's very attractive and appealing and could do comedy or a romantic lead. Women adore him.

by Anonymousreply 402/24/2013

r4, r3 Here, I am a straight woman and I did used to love John, I thought he was sooo cute and funny. The first time I realized how kind of lame he was was on an SNL episode years ago, I only watched it because I knew they were going to spoof the Office, I forget why and who the host was. The spoof was so apt though, his fucking smug looks and goofy hair..After that I just started to get annoyed with his whole "to cool for school" attitude and his constant pranks on Dwight and his disdain for Michael. They really should have taken a page from Ricky Gervais and ended after two seasons and a few specials. It just got old.

by Anonymousreply 502/24/2013

Krasinski has had several shots in major motion pictures but proves he doesn't have the presence of a leading man (remember that football movie he did with Clooney?). He's fine in supporting parts (It's Complicated with Meryl), but too goofy for real romantic leads (that movie with Maya Rudolph).

Even when he writes his own stuff (that last movie about fracking with Matt Damon), he's not a good enough actor to pull it off and give it any depth.

by Anonymousreply 602/24/2013

I agree with you, R6, but in all fairness, even Clooney couldn't sell that shitty movie.

by Anonymousreply 702/24/2013

I always hoped BJ Novak would ping, but he hasn't. Cute guy.

by Anonymousreply 802/24/2013

Novak has always been open about his sexuality (see link)

by Anonymousreply 902/24/2013

Link please R9...

I've always wanted to give BJ a BJ

by Anonymousreply 1002/24/2013

Krasinksi is cute but not really attractive. No sex appeal and bland.

by Anonymousreply 1102/24/2013

I have a friend whose friend did some work in some capacity with the show. She told me a bunch of gossip years ago and all I can remember now is that the guy who plays Stanley is gay.

by Anonymousreply 1302/24/2013

Is it just me or does John Krasinski's ass seem kind of on the small, flat side. Anyway, after the Michael character left the show became way too trite and timeworn, it was time to end it there, sort of like when Charlie Sheen left Two and a Half Men. Both shows are like the funny, lively guy who, when he first arrives early in the evening at some party, is the center of attention because he is amusing and likeable. When he is still there at 2 or 3 in the morning still telling his now annoying jokes and you want to go to bed it's a different story--that's what Two and a Half Men and The Office have become. There is only so much of the dull sameness of Dwight Shrute that will work after so many shows. Frazier and Will and Grace managed to end their series on a high note, it looks like The Office (and Two and a Half Men for that matter) will have to be dragged kicking and screaming from the airwaves.

by Anonymousreply 1402/24/2013

I'm not sure, PPSM, how long Will and Grace/Frasier ran but I think they managed to keep the material relatively fresh most of the time although some have said bringing Harry Connick jr into the show toward the end was a downer I didn't think he was that bad. The point is that these shows ended with large audiences seeing them off in a sort of bittersweet appreciative way. The only thing shows like The Office and Two and a Half Men will get are collective sighs of relief, sort of like 30 Rock. I have heard that at one point the British liked the American version of The Office better than their own. I saw a couple shows of the British version and thought they were sort of dull. That doesn't excuse the absolute excrement that The Office has become--it is almost painful and embarassing to watch even 5 or 10 minutes of it anymore. I have also heard they want to make a spinoff of Dwight Schute's B+B, but I'm pretty sure the American public has had their fill of that character in whatever setting.

by Anonymousreply 1602/24/2013

I thought last week's episode was one of the best written episodes of the series. I laughed out loud throughout. Worth watching even if you've since given up on the series.

by Anonymousreply 1702/24/2013

R14 W&G only SEEMED like it was on for ten years.

They had seven seasons between 1998-2005.

by Anonymousreply 1802/24/2013

Poor show...

by Anonymousreply 1902/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!