Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Disney On Ice"

I take my nieces every year. I just got home from the matinee. Thankfully, they understand that I will only buy then one souvenir and one thing to eat. Even so, I spent another 100 bucks besides tickets. Ah well, they like it and we've been doing it since the oldest was a baby. She is 27 now. It's a thing we do...

Snow White's huntsman was hot. So was Mulan's boyfriend.

Any of you have those things you do with your kids or someone else's kids?

by Anonymousreply 702/23/2013

Do they refer to you as their "gay uncle"?

by Anonymousreply 102/23/2013

That's "guncle" r1

by Anonymousreply 202/23/2013

yup, actually 'cool gay uncle'

by Anonymousreply 302/23/2013

[quote]I spent another 100 bucks besides tickets.

I love taking my nephews to circuses, shows, etc like this, but I ask their parents give them a little spending money beforehand. My treat is the show: they can use the money they've been given to pick out whatever other treat they like.

The stands at such venues are deliberately designed to catch the eyes of kids and to guilt parents/guardians into paying jacked up prices. I'll treat to the show, but I refuse to participate in that kind of manipulation. There's a whole school of marketing in which the goal is to turn kids into surrogate salesmen. Ew. Not what I have in mind for a fun afternoon with the kids.

by Anonymousreply 402/23/2013

[quote]Do they refer to you as their "gay uncle"?

Mine just refer to me as their "uncle." I'm lucky my family is pretty modern. I'd be as surprised to hear them refer to me as their "gay uncle" as I would be to hear them refer to others family members as "straight grandmother" or "white aunt."

by Anonymousreply 502/23/2013

lol at r5.

by Anonymousreply 602/23/2013

[quote]Mine just refer to me as their "uncle." I'm lucky my family is pretty modern. I'd be as surprised to hear them refer to me as their "gay uncle" as I would be to hear them refer to others family members as "straight grandmother" or "white aunt."

I get what you're saying and it's not like they tag me as their 'gay' uncle in all situations. Most times yes, I am just their 'uncle'. But if the matter comes up, they proudly refer to me as their 'gay' uncle. It gives them certain cache among their peers. And I'm glad to be that for them.

They're good good girls and love me as much as I love them.

by Anonymousreply 702/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.