Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cloudburst (2011) - Gay Themed Lifetime Movie Starring Olympia Dukakis

Friday night 2/22 10pm EST. Not a made-for-Lifetime movie they just happen to be showing it now.

"Stella and Dotty, two elderly women in love with one another, decide to take a spontaneous road trip to Canada to obtain a marriage license after Dotty's family places her in a nursing home, and along the way make a new friend."

Gets a 7.2 rating on imdb, very high for a Lifetime movie.

by Anonymousreply 402/23/2013

Another great Lifetime movie is 'Jackie's Back', a very funny spoof of a has been r&b diva mounting a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 102/22/2013

After a long dry spell of no gay-themed Lifetime movies, they had another one recently, The Perfect Family starring Kathleen Turner. It's a comedy/drama about a devoutly Catholic woman struggling to accept her lesbian daughter, and less than "perfect" family in general. It's her first starring role in since the 90s or something. She doesn't look that bad either, of course she's not a bombshell anymore but she's a nice looking middle-aged woman now. The movie was ok, good enough for at least one viewing. I'm sure it'll keep showing on Lifetime now, it's been added to their loop.

by Anonymousreply 202/22/2013

Ok, it's starting now. On Lifetime Movie Network, not Lifetime. It's also airing again later tonight.

by Anonymousreply 302/22/2013

So, did anyone watch it? I thought it was pretty good, definitely way above average for Lifetime. Would've been funnier if foul-mouthed Olympia hadn't been bleeped constantly. Lots of full on the mouth kisses between the women. Not less than 5 yrs ago, gay-themed movies on Lifetime used to a get a black screen parental warning before they were shown. I also noticed they tended to be shown at odd hours, like 5 in the morning.

The other actress is also very good, Irish actress Brenda Fricker, best known for My Left Foot, for which she won Best Supporting Actress. It shows again at 2am EST.

by Anonymousreply 402/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!