Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Best of Mendocino, CA.

I'll be going in April.

I'm a SF Native, but don't claim to know the ins and outs of Mendocino.

Seeking input on dining, excursions, even shops that aren't *completely* filled with tourist drivel. We already have the hotel. Any venues within driving distance from the town?

I'm in MD right now, can't wait to get back to the west coast!

by TIAreply 1102/23/2013

Pot. That's all there is in Mendocino.

by TIAreply 102/22/2013

Hanging in The Lost Coast.

Pot.

Trees.

Pot.

Gray, rainy, beaches.

Pot.

Debris from the Japanese tsunami.

Pot.

Private Planes.

Pot.

by TIAreply 202/22/2013

Murder!

by TIAreply 302/22/2013

Mendocino is very small. You should also explore Fort Bragg, and if you have time, Healdsburg and Sonoma.

by TIAreply 402/22/2013

Just wander the cliff paths in the afternoons. When the morning fog burns off and the spring light shines on the surf and the cliffs, it's staggeringly beautiful.

I also recommend the Botannical Gardens in Fort Bragg, just a few miles up the coast. Miles of paths to wander, through manicured and semi-wild gardens, with views of the ocean.

by TIAreply 502/22/2013

Shoot, let me try that picture again.

by TIAreply 602/22/2013

I was up there once and got up in the early morning dark to fog so thick, it obliterated sight of the railing just a few feet from my hotel door. The hotel was in the one commercial district so I heard people below in the street trying to find their cars or their warehouse doors, but it was so dark and foggy, they had to follow the sound of each other's voices.

I'm a city dweller so that had to be one of my most primal experiences -- dark and fog and lost voices in the distance, so I started to dance in the doorway.

And no, I don't smoke pot.

by TIAreply 702/23/2013

The pot part is true but the stuff about tsunami debris and rain is not true. The rain is gone by April and the fog has not really arrived. Perfect weather OP.

by TIAreply 802/23/2013

Go to the sea glass beach there. It is interesting and fun to pick through all the washed up sea glass which forms the beach.

by TIAreply 902/23/2013

The Botanical Gardens are a must. Thanks.

Thanks for the idea of Sea Glass Beach.

R8, that would be nice.

No time for Sonoma this trip, but did that a few months ago. Thanks for the suggestion though.

R7--Wow.

by TIAreply 1002/23/2013

R7...fiction or at least gross exaggeration. I have lived here all my life and never have seen anything like that. Perhaps you were stories up and right in the fog. Having to follow voices? Nope.

by TIAreply 1102/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.