Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Scott Lively, 'Kill The Gays' Bill Supporter, Pushes Claim Obama Is Gay, Dating Reggie Love

An evangelical pastor, famous for his support of Uganda's so-called "Kill the Gays" bill, claims to have found further proof that President Obama is secretly gay.

Scott Lively made the claim in an entry on the website for his Defend The Family organization.

The short post, which consists of the headline "Obama Vacations with Reggie Love, Not Michelle" and subhead "More 'gay' grist for the rumor mill," links to a short article in The Weekly Standard, which reports on President Obama's return from his "solo vacation."

[quote]AF1 wheels down Andrews at 7:45pm. POTUS came back to have a 10-minute off the record talk with pool at the end of the flight. Reggie Love departed AF1 soon after POTUS, apparently a guest for the weekend. Marine One wheels up 7:55 pm

The clear implication here is that Obama and Reggie Love, the president's former personal assistant (also called a "body man") are dating. This is a claim that has been made before on various right-wing blogs, including the ultra-conservative WorldNetDaily (WND), which also claimed Love had been photographed "engaging in a homosexual act" at a party at the University of North Carolina.

Lively last year claimed Obama had once been married to a man and used a video and op-ed by tea party conspiracy theorist Jerome Corsi to back up his claim.

The op-ed, published on WND, was a collaboration by Corsi and gossip columnist Kevin DuJan. The post claimed Obama was a prominent participant in Chicago's “gay” bar and bathhouse scene. "It was preposterous to the people I knew then to think Obama was going to keep his gay life secret,” DuJan told Corsi.

“If you just hang out at these bars, the older guys who have been frequenting these gay bars for 25 years will tell you these stories,” DuJan also said in the op-ed. “Obama used to go to the gay bars during the week, most often on Wednesday, and they said he was very much into older white guys.”

Corsi's video, meanwhile, alleges that Obama is not only gay, but that he may also have been married to a former roommate at one time.

Another of Lively's outrageous claims include the accusation that biblical gay weddings of prompting Noah's flood. He also co-authored a book in 1995 arguing that some of Hitler's closest advisers were gay, and that they had helped mastermind the Holocaust.

(lots of links embedded in the text; see the URL below)

by Anonymousreply 4102/23/2013

I can prove he is gay: he fucked me in the ass!

by Anonymousreply 102/22/2013

Funny he makes mention of Obama's weekend retreat.

Yahoo had an article of Obama's weekend, and it was entitled "Obama Treats Himself to Boys' Weekend in Florida."

I found it so odd that Yahoo would word the title in such a way. I hate that even (and I use the term VERY loosely) "credible" news outlets such as Yahoo would make such an inference.

Then I googled Obama boys weekend and a million links popped up, including "Michael Bloomberg defends Obama's secret boys' golfing weekend with Tiger" from the Daily Mail.

I think that just like with the Lewinsky and Clinton scandal, the right wing is trying to come up with something to destroy Obama's second term.

Stupid fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 202/22/2013

Oh for Christ's sake.

by Anonymousreply 302/22/2013

LOL. One of the comments in that Yahoo article called Obama a "pickle puffer." I never heard that used as a euphemism for being gay before, but it's pretty funny.

I think I'll start calling my friends "pickle puffers" from now on... hee hee.

by Anonymousreply 402/22/2013

He's a friend of my buddy Rick Warren, I think he's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 502/22/2013

No way would Obama get near any penis other than his own. Story is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 602/22/2013

For a straight man, Scott Lively sure thinks about gay sex a lot.

by Anonymousreply 702/22/2013

Obama is about to take a whole lot of shit for the administration's position on DOMA in the Supreme Court. This is typical of what's coming.

by Anonymousreply 802/22/2013

"For a straight man, Scott Lively sure thinks about gay sex a lot."

Yep. You always have to wonder about guys whose livelihoods revolve around bashing gays.

(I personally think it would be AWESOME if the prez is gay but this is just right wing bullshit)

by Anonymousreply 902/22/2013

A whole lot of shit from who R8? Public opinion does not support DOMA. The only people who are going to cause shit is a small, irrelevant gang of petty, insecure crackers. They have no clout. America has rejected them and their values. And they know it.

by Anonymousreply 1002/22/2013

OP may have posted this hoping to get the response we are seeing. He then can run over to Freeperland and whine about how mean the homos are (Regressives love playing the victim). They will then flock over here, read the facts about how Reagan sold weapons to terrorists so to fund another group of terrorists and tripled the debt. Their heads will explode and we will be rid if those dinosaurs once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 1102/23/2013

OP may have posted this hoping to get the response we are seeing. He then can run over to Freeperland and whine about how mean the homos are (Regressives love playing the victim). They will then flock over here, read the facts about how Reagan sold weapons to terrorists so to fund another group of terrorists and tripled the debt. Their heads will explode and we will be rid if those dinosaurs once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 1202/23/2013

D'oh wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 1302/23/2013

I think an investigation is needed!! Like a congressional one I mean.

by Anonymousreply 1402/23/2013

[quote]I think that just like with the Lewinsky and Clinton scandal, the right wing is trying to come up with something to destroy Obama's second term.

This was one of my biggest fears for the second term. The $70 million Starr report debacle would be nothing compared to the cost if an extremist Tea Party faction tried the same tactics.

The only thing working against them is they lack the higher echelon connections to really make anything stick.

President Obama also seems more discreet and contained than Clinton did.

Although, I think the GOP focused on the sex because they knew the really serious stories (Mena especially) would also effect their own party.

by Anonymousreply 1502/23/2013

First of all, why do any of you care? This is what needs to be asked of these morons too. I've done it myself. You back them into a corner by asking them: "So what if he were gay?" or "So what if he experimented in college?" They get all uncomfortable because they then have to come right out and state their bigotry... 'a gay person should never be president.' A lot of them don't want to say this, or admit that this is the way they think. Sure, the fundies will say it, but the non-religious Neo-con types won't.

Obama just came out today and told the Supreme Court to overturn DOMA.

Obama doesn't care.

He's getting the same treatment Hillary did back in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 1602/23/2013

r16, you're missing the point.

It's not about the truth of the claims, it's the impact they will have on the President's ability to move forward with his agenda.

Once Obama is forced to address the allegations, if it ever comes to that, the whole Administration grinds to a halt as the WH goes into damage control mode.

These personal moral issues are always tied to another larger point (like Clinton lying under oath about his sex life) in order to justify the continuing interest, investigation, media reporting, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1702/23/2013

r17, Obama does not, and WILL NOT address ludicrous allegations, nor does this bullshit resonate with this public. It has no impact. It's not illegal. Don't you remember them putting the guy to a lie detector test asking if he fucked Obama? No one cares. You sound frau-y. The majority of the country is for gay rights, so the gay shit doesn't score political points with the majority anymore. Obama won reelection in spite of coming out for gay marriage. You're living in the past. The only personal life story that could have legs would be if Obama fathered a baby with some other woman a la John Edwards. Other than that, the electorate has more pressing matters to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 1902/23/2013

Right, R20. And the two daughters are just to confuse the issue even more?

by Anonymousreply 2102/23/2013

R19, right! people will vote for a gay president! The Hispanic community voted for Obama and they are becoming extremely powerful. But if he said he was gay, he would not get their votes. Its one thing for a president wanting to pass gay marriage ,but it's another thing for a president to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 2202/23/2013

R21, did you just arrive in this century from some previous century in your time machine? Hello! there are no gay men who have a wife and kids? Really? I know this guy who is gay and who dates only married gay closet men who have WIVES AND CHILDREN!

by Anonymousreply 2302/23/2013

Obama wouldn't touch a dick. No way in hell. The story is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 2402/23/2013

r19, Getting blown in the White House by a consenting adult is not illegal either and it cost American taxpayers $70 million dollars.

The Tea Party is a minority even in the Republican party, and look at all the shit they've caused over moral issues.

They sow fear in other politicians who are afraid of losing support and effectiveness to govern, because key constituencies *do* care about these issues. The majority doesn't always dictate policy.

Why do you think everyone panders to Cubans and gun owners in Florida?

President Obama would look weak if these allegations were supported by hard evidence. His political enemies would take advantage, as they did with Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 2502/23/2013

Evangelical Christians fantasize about gay sex even more than gays do. Fundies prove it over and over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 2602/23/2013

Give me your attention and more importantly your money and I will prove that Obama is a fag. You can send the money to ...

by Anonymousreply 2702/23/2013

KUDOS to President Obama.

Despite the bullshit being spewed from the reich wing - he is STEAMROLLING forward with defeating DOMA.

He is really putting himself out there for gay rights, and I applaud him. Freepers be damned.

"Obama administration urges justices to overturn anti-gay marriage law"

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Obama administration outlined its argument on Friday why the U.S. Supreme Court should strike down a federal law that defines marriage as between a man and woman.

Solicitor General Donald Verrilli filed a brief with the court saying that section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act was unconstitutional, expanding on the administration's approach to the controversial 1996 law, which it has formally opposed since February 2011.

Section 3 defines marriage under federal law as being between a man and a woman.

The law denies federal benefits to same-sex married couples that are granted to married heterosexuals.

The administration's position is that the law violates the guarantee of equal protection under the law.

In the brief, Verrilli said there was a history of discrimination against gays and lesbians that required the Supreme Court to take a careful look at any law that specifically targets them as a group.

He therefore urged the court to take an approach to analyzing the law known as "heightened scrutiny," which, if adopted by the court, could make it more likely the court would find the law unconstitutional.

"The law denies to tens of thousands of same-sex couples who are legally married under state law an array of important federal benefits that are available to legally married opposite sex couples," he wrote.

The Supreme Court is set to hear arguments in the case on March 27, the day after it weighs the constitutionality of a California law, Proposition 8, which banned gay marriage in that state.

The administration has until Thursday to decide whether to weigh in on Proposition 8.

READ THE COMMENTS at the bottom of the page, and you'll see what he's up against. This is a VERY brave man.

by Anonymousreply 2802/23/2013

Lively co-authored the book, The Pink Swastika, which says in its introduction: “homosexuals [are] the true inventors of Nazism and the guiding force behind many Nazi atrocities”, and he is the former state director for California for the American Family Association.

He is currently being sued by the organization Sexual Minorities Uganda, which alleges that his actions in Uganda over the past ten years led to the persecution, torture, arrest and murder of gay people in the country.

by Anonymousreply 2902/23/2013

The man is a criminal and should be incarcerated to protect humanity from his behavior.

I normally don't believe in book banning, but this person's writings need to be thrown in the bonfire.

by Anonymousreply 3002/23/2013

A. This may have been posted here, to see if anyone would give more clues for right wingers to use.

B. Where's that photo of George Bush HOLDING HANDS with that Saudi Prince? Every time these accusations come out, just show'em that photo.

C. Who was suspected of hiring that call boy that visited the whitehouse during Bush's term? What was the guy's name?

by Anonymousreply 3102/23/2013

If Obama were not Black, these claims would not even be happening. They can no longer publicly make openly racist statements, so they are going this route.

The difference with Clinton is that what he was accused of was true. Of course, the asshole doing the accusing (Newt) was doing the same thing.

R20, 22 and 23, you badly need a reality check.

by Anonymousreply 3202/23/2013

Clinton wasn't impeached over a blow job but for allegedly lying under oath. Nothing they've thrown at Obama seems to be sticking so I don't think it'll happen again.

by Anonymousreply 3302/23/2013

[quote]Who was suspected of hiring that call boy that visited the whitehouse during Bush's term? What was the guy's name?

That was Jeff Gannon/James Guckert. He went by two different names - one for being a "journalist" assigned to the White House and the other for his rentboi business.

by Anonymousreply 3402/23/2013

As sick as Lively is, you have to hand it to his gay enabler Kevin DuJan for his complete disconnection from the real world, Orly Taitz-style. Presumably, the money's good.

by Anonymousreply 3502/23/2013

Nothing will stick because most people remember 9/11 and the fact that thousands of Americans were killed on THIS soil and we weren't protected, R35.

So when they bring up something like Benghazi -a volatile city in a volatile country in a volatile region currently going through transition- and bring up the deaths of 4 Americans knowing full-well that we remember they didn't attack the Bush admin for not keeping 3500 Americans HERE safe, yet obsess over 4 deaths -in a volatile city in a volatile country in a volatile region- it's pretty obvious that it's for political reasons.

All you have to do is watch that clip of David Gregory (who for once did something right) asking McCain what is Obama trying to cover up? That old fuck couldn't answer. It was all gibberish about "don't you care about 4 Americans?" Senile old shithead. And do I really need to bring up the Iraq War or the outing of a CIA agent among other things those people did and defended for eight years?

The rightwing hypocrisy is so glaring that no sane person will ever again take them seriously, esp. with the nonsense they choose to attack Obama over.

by Anonymousreply 3602/23/2013

Will somebody please send Mr. Lively all of the pertinent links for the most recent White House sex scandal, the Guckert/Gannon affair? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 3702/23/2013

[quote]Nothing will stick because most people remember 9/11 and the fact that thousands of Americans were killed on THIS soil and we weren't protected,

Most people???? That's baloney. You're giving too many people credit for having a modicum of intelligence when they're just plain stupid.

Millions of Americans will make no connection between lack of protection on 9/11 with the incident in Benghazi. Millions of Rethuglicunts and Fundies will NEVER comprehend the lack of disaster preparedness and protection from attack by the Bush administration. It's something that is far beyond their intelligence level.

Millions of Americans will have heard McCain's charges of a cover-up and those same people won't know he had no reply for David Gregory's question.

by Anonymousreply 3802/23/2013

People accuse gays of "wishful thinking" but homophobes have their own version of "wishful thinking" - everyone they hate is secretly gay, and everyone they like or admire is straight.

Hillary Clinton is a closeted lesbian, but Condi Rice is just too busy for a guy.

Obama is gay, but Lindsay Graham and Aaron Schock are straight ladies' men.

Hitler was gay, but J. Edgar Hoover was just a lifelong bachelor who was busy with his career.

Didn't Ann Coulter say that Bill Clinton and Al Gore were gay? ROFLMAO.

by Anonymousreply 3902/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.