Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

OP-ED Alec Baldwin confirms Hollywood lefties are biggest jerks

Alec Baldwin proves once again that left-wing celebs are the biggest jerks.

What is it about liberal stars? George Clooney, Rosie O’Donnell, Sean Penn, Michael Moore, Al Franken, Bill Maher, Cher...

So foul of mouth and mean of spirit.

You never hear such crap from that nice Mr. Eastwood.

Baldwin, especially, is a real beaut. This time the target of his tantrum was not some Republican “oil whore” or a Tea Partier.

The 30 Rock volcano’s latest eruption is a reportedly racist tirade against a New York Post photographer. The NYPD hate crimes unit is even looking into it.

Baldwin, 54, allegedly called lensman G.N. Miller, who is black, a “crackhead,” a “drug dealer” and a racial slur that begins with “c” and rhymes with loon.

Miller and a reporter had approached Baldwin on a New York sidewalk about a lawsuit filed against his wife, Hilaria, 28, by one of her yoga students.

Little did Baldwin know Miller, 56, is not so much a crackhead as a retired NYPD detective.

The actor “was saying some serious racist stuff,” Miller told the Post. “He said some choice words about my mother, and he was telling people in the street that I’m a drug dealer.

“He could have said a lot of other stuff, but he used all the stereotypes associated with black people.”

How very bigoted of the “liberal” Mr. Baldwin, who has filed his own harassment complaint against Miller and denies saying “coon.” Hmmmm. Alec also tweeted the “crackhead” reference, but deleted it.

Wait. I thought Alec quit Twitter after his tweeting attack on American Airlines, which kicked him off a flight for being “violent, abusive and aggressive” and refusing to get off his cellphone.

Phones are the ill-tempered Baldwin’s undoing because they leave evidence. Remember the voicemail for daughter Ireland calling her a “rude, thoughtless little pig (without) the brains or the decency of a human being.” She was 11 at the time. Nice.

I don’t know why Hollywood lefties get so viciously personal, why they savage the likes of Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney not on issues, but personally.

Perhaps stars feel guilty about their own great wealth, leisure and privilege and are overcompensating.

Maybe they have concluded they are smarter than conservatives and libertarians and are bound by the laws of natural selection to insult us into extinction.

Perhaps, like Alec Baldwin, they are simply more prone to petty rages than are regular folks.

Too bad, really. I’d love to see Alec Baldwin try a hissy-fit on Chuck Norris.

See link for more examples.

by Anonymousreply 2402/22/2013

go away

by Anonymousreply 102/22/2013

It's true, some of the most vile creatures I have ever met were dye-in-the-wool liberals.

But to be fare, some conservatives I've dealt with were as well.

So there you are, guess anyone can be a phony hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 302/22/2013

On the Left Coast, they’ll insult anyone, especially if you disagree. A sampling:

Clooney, after taking heat for joking about Charlton Heston’s Alzheimer’s disease: “I don’t care. Charlton Heston is the head of the National Rifle Association. He deserves whatever anyone says about him.”

Smooth. Tweet it, Cher!

“If ROMNEY gets elected I don’t know if i can breathe same air as Him & his Right Wing Racist Homophobic Women Hating Tea Bagger Masters.”

My, that’s ugly, Cher. With a capital U.

Over to you, Rosie O’D.:

“He (George W. Bush) is basically a war criminal. Honestly. He should be tried at The Hague.”

OK, Mikey Moore, show your class:

“I would like to apologize for referring to George W. Bush as a ‘deserter.’ What I meant to say is that George W. Bush is a deserter, an election thief, a drunk driver, a … liar and a functional illiterate.”

Now, representing the right, here’s the late Mr. Heston speaking of Clooney:

“I don’t know the man — never met him, never even spoken to him, but I feel sorry for George Clooney — one day he may get Alzheimer’s disease. I served my country in World War II. I survived that — I guess I can survive some bad words from this fellow.”

Classy. But I doubt Clooney learned anything.

by Anonymousreply 402/22/2013

R4, none of those things seem out of line. Charlton Heston WAS a dirt bag

Cher is correct, I'd feel the same way if that used-car salesman had won.

GWB *IS* a war criminal.

by Anonymousreply 502/22/2013

We need them on the DL. Maybe the W&W column will finally be worth anything.

by Anonymousreply 602/22/2013

Boy, Mike Strobell is really the H. L. Mencken of the 21st century. What deathless prose.

by Anonymousreply 702/22/2013

Nice try OP but the story has already been debunked. And the Toronto Sun? The tabloid that is owned by Murdoch, who also owns the NY Post? Sure, no conflict of interest there. This story has as much truth to it as Hagel getting a speaking fee from Friends of Hamas. But hey, dont let that stop your manufactured outrage. People like Murdock know how easy it is to play your gang for a bunch of chumps.

by Anonymousreply 902/22/2013

R9 Link to debunk R4

by Anonymousreply 1002/22/2013

Yeah, Mr. Eastwood's empty chair racist harangue was so classy. Should have just put a sign that said "Nigger" on the chair.

by Anonymousreply 1102/22/2013

R10 There is nothing to debunk. Those people said those things and expressed their opinions. Nothing wrong with that. Fabricating lies is a different story.

by Anonymousreply 1202/22/2013

[quote]At least conservatives are consistent. And you'd be surprised--many of them support gay rights.

Boy are you right. We [italic]would[/italic] be surprised!

by Anonymousreply 1302/22/2013

[quote]It's true, some of the most vile creatures I have ever met were dye-in-the-wool liberals.

That's telling them, R3!

by Anonymousreply 1402/22/2013

People, say what you will about Mr. Eastwood, but he is a very fine, decent man. I have had dealings with him for years. I know many people are angry with him for supporting Romney last fall (I wasn't thrilled with that either), but he is actually supportive of gay rights, causes and is believes that gay marriage is 'just fine with me' (that speaks a lot for him, especially being from the generation that he came from). Give him some slack. I promise you, he's a decent guy.

by Anonymousreply 1502/22/2013

Two wrongs don't make a right. Extreme name calling is vulgar and rude.

by Anonymousreply 1602/22/2013

Clint Eastwood beat one (if not more) of his girlfriends. That's the nice kind of guy he is.

by Anonymousreply 1702/22/2013

Hollywood lefties are no different from NYC lefties or banking lefties or homo lefties or...

...your post OP is just stupid, that's all stupid. Democrats in Hollywood do not behave like Alec Baldwin (who I happen to like even if he has a short fuse.)

I don't think OP you know very much about human nature, human behavior- or you are just stupid.

Now OP, name me one good thing, bill, policy, act of congress, initiative or law that was enacted by a Republican in the last 25 years. Lefties and progressives are the people who carry civil human society forward. That does not mean they cannot be rude or get mad. It means they get the important stuff done.

by Anonymousreply 1802/22/2013

[quote]You never hear such crap from that nice Mr. Eastwood.

The Right has plenty of obnoxious, foul-mouthed celebrities. See: Gene Simmons, Chuck Norris, Dennis Miller, TED NUGENT....

They're just not as talented as the Lefties.

by Anonymousreply 1902/22/2013

But it's repulsive that he went there--calling a black man a coon, crack dealer, etc.

I guess Alex can now give up his dreams on running for public office (it's OVAH).

by Anonymousreply 2002/22/2013

Can we all agree that both lefties and repubs can be vile?

by Anonymousreply 2102/22/2013

R20 The police have a tape of what went down. He did not use any racial slurs. Witnesses who were there also confirm he did not and that the photographer was particularly aggressive. You have fallen for another of Murdoch's lies.

by Anonymousreply 2202/22/2013

R22 could be correct because Murdock regularly tries to smear those on the left.

by Anonymousreply 2302/22/2013

No one with any sense takes the Toronto Sun seriously.

by Anonymousreply 2402/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.