Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Actress Kay Lenz

She was pretty hot in the 70's. TV, movies, hit mini series,RICH MAN, POOR MAN. Saw her on this week's CSI playing Jorja Fox's mother. Always liked her. Even in that William Holden movie BREEZY. What derailed her career? Was it her marriage to David Cassidy? Did the roles dry up?

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 3102/23/2013

"The Initiation Of Sarah"

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 102/22/2013

She was great looking and a very good actress. I'm hoping hers is not a tragic tale--you know, drugs and all.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 202/22/2013

She was the "special guest star" on CSI this past Wednesday - as Jorja Fox's MOTHER. Catch it on VOD if you can...

Here she is, a recent photo:

(HD TV did her no favors on Wednesday, BTW)

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 302/22/2013

She's no Lens Dunham.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 402/22/2013

How about her appearance in Rod Stewart's Infatuation video? That was the veritable height of her hotness.

I just think the roles dried up.Kay wasn't kidnapped like Joanna Pettet who also lost her son to a drug overdose as well.JP really checked out of showbiz for good...

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 502/22/2013

Ironically, NEXT week's CSI also has a "special guest star" - DAVID CASSIDY!

Who's the casting director? Shaun Cassidy or Marty Ingels?

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 602/22/2013

Is Katie Cassidy (from "Arrow" and "Gossip Girl") her daughter with David?

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 702/22/2013

More info on Joanna Pettet please.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 802/22/2013

Kay Lenz is a wonderful actress who hasn't been afraid to come across sometimes as gritty and dislikable in her characterizations. I wonder if she had been the type who didn't have interest in trying to become a major star.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 902/22/2013

All I know about Pettet is that in later years before he died, she was Alan Bates companion. She was also a hot property in the 60's and 70's Loved her as Kay in THE GROUP. And of coures friends with Sharon Tate. I believe she had lunch with her on the day Tate was murdered or else she was invited to dinner with Tate and Sebring at El Coyote that night.

"Haaaaaaaaraaaald!"

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 1002/22/2013

Isn't Marty Engels dead?

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 1102/22/2013

Alan Bates' companion was a WOMAN?

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 1202/22/2013

Never heard of her. Must be an American thing.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 1302/22/2013

Bates was bisexual but wiki says that he and Pettet were close up to the time he died. May not have been sexual.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 1402/22/2013

[quote] NOW they tell us?

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 1502/22/2013

Kay Lenz is a TWO-TIME Emmy Award winning actress

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 1602/22/2013

I always thought she and Karen Valentine looked a lot alike with that same dimpled chin.

Can they be mothers (or I guess grandmothers) on an ABC Family show?

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 1702/22/2013

Pettet was happy to be the meat in an Alan Bates/Frank Langella sandwich.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 1802/22/2013

She's still very pretty.

She was married to David Cassidy when he was still hot. Lucky girl.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 1902/22/2013

Here is that "Infatuation" video. Thanks R5! I totally forgot about this video.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 2002/22/2013

I don't think the marriage do David produced kids. I also think Katie is his child by someone he did not marry. Correct me if I'm wrong. I last saw Kay on an old SVU episode where she played the mom of a young teen who had an ongoing "relationship" with a pedophile. She was very good in it and I happen to think it's one of the best SVU episodes ever. Stephanie March's tour de force, if I may be so bold as to call it that.

Always wondered if Kay was related to Rick Lenz who was a very busy working actor back in the 70's. Lenz can't be that common a name.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 2102/22/2013

R14 Pettet received a large sum of money from Alan when he died. Pettet told a story of when they were involved in the Sixties. They went away on holiday and went to bed and Alan wasn't being aggressive and she thought it was her! Then again he had been fucking Jason King(Peter Wyngarde) for years so what did you expect? Joanna and Alan got together long before he died and she moved from California to London to live with him.JP is back in Cali now......

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 2202/22/2013

I knew from the 70s and met her in the 90s. I worked in a paint your own ceramic store that she frequented. She was really nice and down to earth. Always treated the staff well. I liked her a lot.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 2302/23/2013

Why is the Joanna Pettit troll trying to steal Kay Lenz's thread?

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 2402/23/2013

Kay was recently at The Hollywood Show, a twice a year autograph show. Matt from Boyculture.com always goes and does a great job reporting. Scroll down a little and click on the video, Kay is first.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 2502/23/2013

Thanks R25!

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 2602/23/2013

Coming to the Chiller autograph show in Jersey in April.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 2702/23/2013

Kay and Genevieve Bujold seemed to be cut from the same cloth. Kay's mouth was a little to wide for her to become a star.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 2802/23/2013

I would love to see BREEZY again. It was kind of like MOMENT BY MOMENT, only better. Kay Lenz played this hippie chick - she had a great body and looked terrific in those low slung hip hugging bell bottoms. Holden OTOH looked like he had been marinated in vodka. She always had a little dash of adrogyny about her. Probably that gash of a mouth. I liked her.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 2902/23/2013

I prefer the contact lenz.

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 3002/23/2013

Isn't she the lead on that HBO show GIRLS?

Kay Lenz Dunham, right?

by eldergay who remembers her wellreply 3102/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.