Nick Gr1mshaw & co. PART 8

Ain't nobody fuckin' with my Clique, clique, clique, clique, clique

by Anonymousreply 59803/12/2013

Future Part 9, soz.

by Anonymousreply 102/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 202/24/2013

Tx

by Anonymousreply 302/24/2013

I posted the link to these new Boy George tweets in the last thread but here they are again:

by Anonymousreply 402/24/2013

I think that judging by the fact he seems to only respect Harry out of 1D (he had Harry as part of his nicest people he met at the Brits) and has outed people by name in the past I feel like he would have said the name if he meant another member.

by Anonymousreply 502/24/2013

I agree, R5.

by Anonymousreply 602/24/2013

R5 great point! The time stamps never add up for me on my phone, anyone know the time (with a timezone) these were posted?

by Anonymousreply 702/24/2013

They were posted 13 hours ago, R7. Shortly before 2 pm UK time on the 24th.

by Anonymousreply 802/24/2013

Posted this in the old thread too but in case anyone doesn't see: he also tweeted Aimee yesterday when he was still getting bombarded asking her to get "her mate Harry Styles" to call off his fans, so he obviously does know Aimee and knows the connection with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 902/24/2013

Yes, R9. I think it really all points to him meaning Harry and actually having facts not just an assumption.

by Anonymousreply 1002/24/2013

Boygeorge only follows H and Zayn on twitter, and he seems to quite like Harry.

He's pretty well in a position to know. I really don't know who else it could be besides H. I'm not aware of any of the other boys having any gay rumours about them, aside from the crazy Larry stans who are convinced Louis is gay.

by Anonymousreply 1102/24/2013

I think Boy George believes Louis to be the gay one.

by Anonymousreply 1202/24/2013

I believe if it was someone else,not Harry, he would have said a name already.

by Anonymousreply 1302/24/2013

Going back to the discussion about the lack of photos from inside clubs catching them "all of one another" and just wanted to point out that we don't get any pictures of them at all from inside those clubs whether they are all over one another or not. I think if people could, they would take pictures of Harry no matter what he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 1402/24/2013

Thank you R8 !

by Anonymousreply 1502/24/2013

Sugarscape on the Millie Brady story: "Another day, another Harry Styles snogging rumour. Yawn".

by Anonymousreply 1602/24/2013

I don't get it. Boy George obviously doesn't like Liam but that doesn't mean Harry's the only one he respects. As someone said he follows Zayn, too. Also, if he respected Harry so much he wouldn't take it upon himself to out him. If anyone in the band is gay, I'm sure Nick and his friends would know by now.

Am I suggesting it's someone else (if anyone at all)? No, but come on.

Also arguing semantics over people calling Harry gay or bi - the default is gay or straight so if a guy shows interest in a man he is immediately assumed to be and labeled gay. Unfortunately, bi isn't a possibility that most people think of right away.

by Anonymousreply 1702/25/2013

Also I have seen photos of people in Shoreditch. Obviously posing and approving of the photos, but still.

by Anonymousreply 1802/25/2013

yeah R17 the boy george tweets are making me think harry might not be the gay one now. i mean why would boy george threaten his friend aimee directly with outing her friend especially if he likes harry. maybe louis is the gay one or maybe niall?!?

by Anonymousreply 1902/25/2013

G's tweeting up a storm today, poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 2002/25/2013

Nick talking about being at the 1D concert!

by Anonymousreply 2102/25/2013

R20 Yes! He tends to tweet a lot more when Harry is away.

by Anonymousreply 2202/25/2013

Haha i love how Nick said Harry got distracted by him!

by Anonymousreply 2302/26/2013

Also Harry going over to Nick during the concert and stuff fits with the stories from the itunes festival!

by Anonymousreply 2402/26/2013

I think my favourite part of the audio was when Nick was talking about how he pretended to lip sync to the songs that he didn't know the lyrics to because Harry could see him. It just comes off as him trying so hard to be so supportive of Harry and it's just so adorable to me.

by Anonymousreply 2502/26/2013

This is so sweet. Apparently it means forever.

24.media.tumblr.com/91183681723706

by Anonymousreply 2602/26/2013

during Mondays show he was talking about what time he got out of bed and he said we instead of I.. I think it was a slip but it was cute!!

by Anonymousreply 2702/26/2013

Link doesn't work, R26. Try pasting it into the URL box instead.

by Anonymousreply 2802/26/2013

The way he talked about the concert really was adorable!

I found a few older tweets by the woman who works with/for Max Clifford:

by Anonymousreply 2902/26/2013

R26

I still can't see the link, even if I paste it in the url box. What is it of?

by Anonymousreply 3002/26/2013

See also this one

[https://twitter.com/salsabetty/status/304598186805317632]

by Anonymousreply 3102/26/2013

I just saw that they put the Sunday Brunch episode where they talk about N and H up on the website. I'm not in the UK and I can't find a working proxy, but here's the link for people who can/want to watch.

by Anonymousreply 3202/26/2013

Damn the webmaster is a dumb fuck. Who the hell shuts down a gay gossip board during the oscars? What a fucking retard.

by Anonymousreply 3302/26/2013

Thanks, R31, we actually discussed that one which is what made me go through her twitter when I was bored, haha :).

Thanks, R32. I'll tell you if I find a proxy that works.

by Anonymousreply 3402/26/2013

R32 Try downloading Expat Shield as a proxy. I'm from outside the UK and it works really well for me :)

by Anonymousreply 3502/26/2013

I tried it now, R35, but the video didn't really move. That might be a browser problem though. It does usually work, I agree :).

by Anonymousreply 3602/26/2013

Do u know how far into the episode they mention Nick and Harry?

by Anonymousreply 3702/26/2013

No idea, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 3802/26/2013

I watched it!! So just to let everyone know they mention them around an hour and ten mins in to the show while they are talking to Tyler James!!

by Anonymousreply 3902/26/2013

Thanks, R39 :).

by Anonymousreply 4002/26/2013

Been listening. No picture. Can't advance forward and it must be a long way in.just up to them playing comic relief song. Thanks for link. I'll listen later. off out now

by Anonymousreply 4102/26/2013

Twitter convo:

by Anonymousreply 4202/26/2013

Better link:

by Anonymousreply 4302/26/2013

Thanks, R42, R43. I had seen the beginning of the conversation but not where she said she had a reliable source!

by Anonymousreply 4402/26/2013

Sorry to go off topic but has anyone here ever seen Harry's father? Is there a picture of him? I've never seen hm before.

by Anonymousreply 4502/26/2013

I've only seen his twitter profile photo, R45. Look up Des Styles :).

by Anonymousreply 4602/26/2013

Tweet. Not exactly reliable but still interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4702/26/2013

R46 here you go

by Anonymousreply 4802/26/2013

I think I saw about 30 or more mesages on twitter from people claiming to have inside or reliable sources about Harry and Nick's love affair, but nobody reveal who the sources are. But I want to tell you from a very good source who works with the boys that Harry/Nick is fucking, not only this, they are in loving, committed relationship and want to get married when Harry returns from touring the world. Please, believe me, this is not bullshit!!!!! My source is reliable, is an insider!! In fact I will post this on my twitter page asap!

by Anonymousreply 4902/26/2013

Thanks, N16!

by Anonymousreply 5002/26/2013

R49 is your source ArchiveofourOwn?

Much as I can imagine Harry as the new Billy Piper I cannot imagine anyone, including their immediate family knowing this amount of detail.

by Anonymousreply 5102/26/2013

Thanks, R47. It is interesting to see how many people claim to have seen them kiss etc...

JJ, I think this was meant as a parody of the discussion and tweets posted here...

by Anonymousreply 5202/26/2013

F*** - how slow am I today! I plead overwork as an excuse

by Anonymousreply 5302/26/2013

Haha, JJ...it's a good excuse :).

by Anonymousreply 5402/26/2013

Things are definitely going to be slowing down round here now, and once 1D leave the country it'll be even slower. I was getting tired just trying to read through the threads at such breakneck speed so I'm quite relieved!

Has N's little exchange with Sara Cox about the ridiculousness of the screaming fans at the twitter part of the concert been discussed yet?

From the sounds of it he spent the majority of the concert texting his mates and getting pissed whilst pretending to know half the songs. Even cuter that he went if he didn't really enjoy it! I reckon he was taking the mick though, bet he was totally fanboying down the front, screaming every word!

by Anonymousreply 5502/26/2013

JJ - Good spelling, bad grammar, always a giveaway...Although to be fair given Perez Hilton's very strange comments about them being headed to the chapel (!?) who knows!

Attached is another audio clip from yesterday's show, this time with Nick and Sara Cox talking about the 1D concert. I seem to remember something about 1D spending the last hour before going on stage with only each other but obviously this is not the case.

(If you are in "fangirly" mood, Sara calling Harry, Nick's "close, close friend" and Nick giving Harry's answers during the twitter question bit are rather cute).

by Anonymousreply 5602/26/2013

Sorry, the guy from Canada(!!!!) who claims having a friend who saw Harry/Nick kissing made me spill my coffee all over my laptop.

by Anonymousreply 5702/26/2013

N16 - I posted the above before I saw your comment oddly, but the attachment is the clip you are describing! Don't think there was any drinking involved though, so he had to do the whole thing sober! Which is good of him.

by Anonymousreply 5802/26/2013

That exchange was very sweet, N16. The way he talked about Harry looking at them (him) all the time etc... and Nick pretending to know the lyrics, as you said, was cute. I do think he enjoyed it because of Harry...it's not his usual type of concert of course, but I still think he enjoys being there for Harry and having his attention, haha.

by Anonymousreply 5902/26/2013

R57 - She is living in London though.

by Anonymousreply 6002/26/2013

Spooky c! I think he mentions trips to the bar though, pretty sure he at least had a beer or two (who wouldn't in those circumstances?!) anyway, it's all very sweet, I liked their description of Liam as the Barlow of 1D - that's how I imagine him too.

On the topic of N and the breaky show - I'm not feeling the Generation Lame feature at ALL... try harder Fiona!

by Anonymousreply 6102/26/2013

Honestly don't know why they needed a new feature. Wheel of 4 tunes was not a hit so I'm ok with them removing that. But I quite liked it when we didn't have a replacement-feature and we just got more music and talking.

by Anonymousreply 6202/26/2013

N16 - I think the bar was wishful thinking when he was talking to Tina about going on the Friday! He did say he was hungover though (actually that bit was rather strange as he talked about going out on the Friday night at one point, and then I am sure when he was talking about Frank Ocean being at the pub a friend of his went to (and him not answering the phone) he said he was having an evening in and purposely not going out, but maybe that was a different night).

I'm seriously not enjoying the Generation Lame either; but then I prefer him just chatting.

by Anonymousreply 6302/26/2013

c, I noticed him saying that he was hungover and then later going on about how he had an early night in on Friday but I thought I had remembered wrong, glad to know I'm not going mad. I assume he was at ToddlaT's birthday on Saturday.

Found it interesting that he didn't tweet more about actually because I assumed Harry wasn't there (due to his concerts the next day)so Nick wouldn't have the twitter silence he has when he IS with Harry. Made me think Harry may have been there (we know he's hung out with Annie and Nick before) but of course that is pure speculating (hate saying tinhatting as we aren't really talking about "shipping" exactly). I think what also made me think this is that as soon as we knew Harry was 100% in Glasgow the tweets were back full force (when I would have assumed he wouldn't have seen Harry after Saturday at all so would have started tweeting then). Of course there isn't any evidence for this.

by Anonymousreply 6402/26/2013

R64, I think even if he didn't see him Saturday night, he could well have seen him Sunday night/Monday morning, before Harry left for Glasgow. That is again just speculation of course.

by Anonymousreply 6502/26/2013

Yeah I think he definitely saw him after Saturday. Harry finished performing at 10 on Saturday night so I don't know how likely he went to Toddla T's party, especially since he had to do two shows the next day, but I don't think the boys left after ther Sunday night concert, more likely Monday morning. And Nick said "we were up really early" on Monday at one but, and while it could be an odd reference to self I suppose I think it was more likely a slip up and Harry was with him before he headed off.

by Anonymousreply 6602/26/2013

*at one point, sorry. It was in the first link after the opening if I remember correctly.

by Anonymousreply 6702/26/2013

Ah, yes, someone had mentioned that he had said that. I didn't hear it, but it does make sense that he could well have meant Harry. Thanks, R66.

by Anonymousreply 6802/26/2013

Oh and I meant to mention, looked into the tweets on the previous page from those people in Glasgow because I found it curious they were talking about that on the day Harry arrived there and was seen out with his friend from Glasgow Uni. Some of them seem to attend that Uni but none follow/are followed by Harry's friend Ellis Calcutt. Then again, could have just been that they were listening to the radio and heard Nick's multiple mentions of Harry/One Direction yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 6902/26/2013

R66 Totally tinhatting here, but it would make sense if N and H are in a relationship (and I am still convinced they are) that they would want to spend as much time as they could with one another before H heads off around the country.

by Anonymousreply 7002/26/2013

I agree, R70.

by Anonymousreply 7102/26/2013

Well after the throwaway comment in the Mirror a couple of weeks ago about Harry being lonely in his house and spending most of his time at Nick's, he may well have been staying there anyway. The fact that his sister, and one presumes her boyfriend, appeared to have stayed with Lou and Tom last week (from the thank you tweet) would indicate that Harry is not using his own homes much at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 7202/26/2013

Yeah, that is a good point, C.

by Anonymousreply 7302/26/2013

What do people think about the unauthorised H biog suggesting the H & Swift relationship was (a) set up?

If the author was permitted to publish these claims, one assumes she could have included claims surrounding the legitimacy of the H&CF relationship and the rumours surrounding H&N?

She hasn't as far as I'm aware.

by Anonymousreply 7402/26/2013

LG - Well, it's one thing reporting on a PR set-up and quite another outing a 19 year old. From what I have heard of the book she has had no direct access and is picking up information on websites and so on. The Taylor Swift set-up has been widely eluded to, but at the time Caroline Flack was thought to be a genuine girlfriend so it's unlikely she would also dismiss that as PR based solely on what she could have seen on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 7502/26/2013

Well, I have no idea, LG, but her knowledge may be limited to that particular relationship.

by Anonymousreply 7602/26/2013

That should of course be "relationship," haha.

by Anonymousreply 7702/26/2013

Well I assume some tweets are people repeating a story they have heard but obviously not all of them.I also think that they aren't telling their source as to not compromise whoever told them,

by Anonymousreply 7802/26/2013

C, are you suggesting the omission of anything regarding H&N is due to her own morals/ethics?

by Anonymousreply 7902/26/2013

LG - No, the publishers.

by Anonymousreply 8002/26/2013

It just looks like another shady ill researched celebrity "tell all" to be honest, and the cover and writing quality doesn't seem to add to its legitmacy. Nothing I've read about it seems to suggest she has any insider knowledge at all.

by Anonymousreply 8102/26/2013

This 'book' is aimed at 1D fans. It is not going to out Harry if he is gay. It is meant to make fans spend their money. The only reason it is being talked about at all is because Tabloids want to report the haylor PR story but are worried about legal consequences. It was the same as thr russel joward quotes. Using odd sources to tell the story they want to

by Anonymousreply 8202/26/2013

I've not posted before but have been following the thread because this relationship fascinates me. Firstly I've watched Harrys body language very carefully and there is something different about him on this tour. He does not seem as excited and interested. Someone made the point on twitter thst in all the videos she had taken at the O2 he had looked sad. I actually think he's had enough. Secondly I became 100% convinced of a serious relationship only with the pre-Brits dinner pics. They were co-hosting that event as a couple without a shadow of doubt. I do think Syco should be worried and I wondered what the significance of Cal Aurand hovering in the pap pics of H/N arriving back at N's flat and leaving for Radio 1 the next morning was.

by Anonymousreply 8302/26/2013

R83 i got the feeling Harry was at Nick's dinner as his date; they arrived and left together,they were sitting together and in all the photos we've gotten of them they are next to each other,with or without other guests.It definitely looked like they were going around welcoming people and taking photos together as a couple.

And about the tour thing,i've read a couple of posts on tumblr from fans who attended the concert at O2 and said they expected Harry to be more energetic and excited but he didn't "glow of happiness".

by Anonymousreply 8402/26/2013

All the quotes so far seem to be cribbed from old media stories? Very odd. I've only read a story in the Mirror though, has it been reported on elsewhere yet? There's no evidence that she has insider information yet - but I'd wait for more quotes first, to be honest. So far I've seen nothing that suggests she knows anything the rest of us don't, unless you count the Taylor Swift fakery, which seems to be a common perception anyway.

R83 I don't know anymore than you, but I do wonder why Cal was there?! He doesn't seem to be linked to Harry's UK friends from what I know?

by Anonymousreply 8502/26/2013

RE Cal, he flew in to attend the Brits and then for the tour (you can see him in back of some fan/pap pics of the concert taking pictures from backstage). He is close friends with Harry and I thought it was sweet that Cal (who has never had any interactions with Nick that we've seen) was invited back to Nick's flat when it was such a small group. Cute to see them mingling their friend groups.

by Anonymousreply 8602/26/2013

It is very cute, R86.

by Anonymousreply 8702/26/2013

R83 I watched quite a few videos from the concerts and I think it's just that he has mellowed out a bit since they first started touring back in 2011 for X factor. He didn't seem sad to me, just maybe concentrated (furrowed brows, but he definitely was into the performances and enjoying himself.

by Anonymousreply 8802/26/2013

r83 I hadn't got that feeling at all myself (about H being down) most of the time he looks like he is really enjoying himself, he looks more confident on this tour I think. But thinking about it, there have been other moments where he's looked a bit.. pensive I guess, or in this gif attached kind of angry.

On another note I really like what they are doing with this tour, the staging, costumes etc. It all feels quite 'them', I wouldn't say original, but it's quite different to what other people are doing at the moment. I read one review that said it was as if 'the 21st century never happened', which I think is probably a good thing, not really into the pop+beats thing, or slick dance moves.

by Anonymousreply 8902/26/2013

I'm pretty sure Cal is working with 1D on their documentary.

by Anonymousreply 9002/26/2013

Interesting gifs, PJ, but yeah, I think we'll have to wait and see if any real pattern emerges, to see if he is enjoying himself similar to before or seems less enthusiastic. I did feel like he was a bit apprehensive about the length of the tour while talking to Nick, but as discussed before, it's probably just because they know how long it will be this time at the outset.

by Anonymousreply 9102/26/2013

R90 Yeah I think you're right, I remember seeeing stuff about how last tour he pulled fans out of the audience for interviews etc.

by Anonymousreply 9202/26/2013

Feel free to correct, I've been all over the shop with my comments lately!

A couple of things 1) The pics from the pre-Brits dinner were agency pics. They will have invited the snapper for a limited time pre-dinner and Phillips Sound will have probably paid him or given a guaranteed guest list to ensure image sales. Which photos were taken will have been up to Nick/Phillips Sound to promote the evening and gain some press. I would imagine the snapper was out of there by 9pm in time to make any last deadlines Phillips Sounds will have likley paid for the lot and would want as many pics as possible of the most famous people in the room. Nick and Harry would no doubt have the highest price on that day. Having said that they clearly chose to pose together - more glass closet stuff?

2) Cal is an ex-Sony employee I believe who runs his own business and still has Sony as one of his clients. I presume he is working on the tour or videos. He previously recorded their US video diary. I imagine that he is the US equivalent of Lou Teasdale. Someone partially on payroll of Sony but that Harry trusts immediately around him. I imagine there may be some promise that he is let out without his team on big ocassions if he has friends like Cal with him.

All speculation though - thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 9302/26/2013

I think it's normal he gets sad at times,he is leaving behind not only Nick and his friends but most important his family and it must be very hard on him and all the boys to know they're going to be away from their families for so long.

by Anonymousreply 9402/26/2013

Hmm that's interesting about Cal going to Nick's, yeah, I don't imagine they would have had chance to meet before, since Cal is definitely based in America - though maybe when there was the holiday stuff in December who knows

by Anonymousreply 9502/26/2013

R94 I agree although tbh they probably see their friends/significant others more often than their families, as none of them live in London to my knowledge (this may hve changed for the other boys but Harry definitely doesn't have family in London.) People like Nick, Lou, and Tom would be the biggest/most constant fixtures in his life, at least in terms of physical presence and spending time with etc, outside the band, I would think.

by Anonymousreply 9602/26/2013

R93 Yes thats really what I meant. I realised he was here for filming but he seemed to be acting like a 'chaperone' to me in the same way that he seems to have chaperoned the haylor split in the BVIs.He looked completely sober and completely out of place in that drunken gropu. Sony need to protect their interests and maybe he sort of is on their payroll then as well as being a friend to H.

Re: the pre-Brits dinner I realise they were agency pics but that doesn't take away from the fact they arrived together in co-ordinating outfits, sat together and left together. H was by far the biggest attraction but he could have had pics. taken on his own with other guests. All of his pics smacked of N and H as a couple with guests.I can't see how they would not have realised that is how they would come across. As I say it was those pics. which have convinced me of the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 9702/26/2013

R97 I never saw pics of them leaving AND arriving together. Only saw one photo of them in a taxi, are we sure they were posted in this thread?

Thanks JJ for that background on both the pre-brits and Cal, didn't know some of that. Agree with pretty much everything you said.

by Anonymousreply 9802/26/2013

R97 - Totally hadn't noticed the rather sober look on Cal but you are spot on!

Re: The pre-Brits dinner - I agree with you totally. I guess my point is they (N and H) were clearly more than happy for the pics to go out like that. I think probably this implies they are following the hiding in plain sight/glass closet plan far more than any other.

Obviously wild speculation.

Just one more thing Thousands of 18-19 year olds take off travelling for a year or more either alone or with just one friend. In addition thousands more take jobs such as holiday reps, working off shore or abroad as sales reps and often away from the spouses and children.

Yes some people do get homesick more than others (famously half the England cricket team) but can we stop with all the sad stuff from H's point of view. He will be less than a 60 minute flight from home for the next 6 weeks. Thats really not far. (Yes the US and Austro-Asian leg will be tougher on a relationship but if they have made it work so far, they'll figure it out)

by Anonymousreply 9902/26/2013

R83 Agree. That pre brits dinner convinced me. They absolutely looked like a couple, and a very happy one, hosting a dinner party. Their interactions, the way they were dressed, everything about those pictures looks coupley.

About Harry being less interested on this tour, I don't know. I've seen videos of their recent performances and he looks good, energetic and interested, but not necessarily in the band. I think Harry is a natural showman. He looks and acts like a frontman, he's charismatic and there's something very camp about his performance at times, which is good and unique. He clearly stand out from the rest of the boys. What I mean is that, to me he looks like he's enjoying being a star, but not necessarily being a star in One Direction.

by Anonymousreply 10002/26/2013

[quote] I think Harry is a natural showman. He looks and acts like a frontman, he's charismatic and there's something very camp about his performance at times, which is good and unique. He clearly stand out from the rest of the boys. What I mean is that, to me he looks like he's enjoying being a star, but not necessarily being a star in One Direction.

I think you're spot on my friend!

by Anonymousreply 10102/26/2013

It's all too easy to analyse gifs that show a few seconds slowed down - he's just blinking or blank faced for a second. I've watched a few videos of them performing - all the boys (except maybe Zayn) seem really happy and energetic. They obviously reign it in a bit more for the ballads.

Sorry but I really hate it when people try to use a 2 second clip to prove things - it just reminds me of all the 'heart eyes' longing gifs of H and Louis (or any of them) looking at each other. They are probably thinking about what to have for lunch half the time!!

by Anonymousreply 10202/26/2013

I don't know, I think there are some songs he obviously gets into more than others. I watched a video of their Saturday performance (matinee I think) of Rock Me and Harry definitely throws himself into it really hard, same with Kiss You.

by Anonymousreply 10302/26/2013

100% agree N16

by Anonymousreply 10402/26/2013

Slightly older tweet that I came upon. Don't think it has been posted yet.

The guy is an actor, not sure what woman does. Hope this works.

by Anonymousreply 10502/26/2013

here's a picture of Harry and Nick on the way to Radio 1 post-Brits with Cal on the right.

by Anonymousreply 10602/26/2013

It's funny, R106, it really looks like he was their chaperon(e?), haha.

by Anonymousreply 10702/26/2013

Oh wow so he was even sitting in the backseat with them. Definitely get the vibe he was keeping an eye on them.

by Anonymousreply 10802/26/2013

I saw a tweet from a club promoter from Sheffield whilst we weren't able to post a day or so ago. Along similar linesIIRC.

by Anonymousreply 10902/26/2013

R107 R108 Yes, found it strange.

by Anonymousreply 11002/26/2013

Thanks for everyone posting tweets etc...

Yeah, R110, it is quite odd. I saw all these photos and didn't notice him there.

I guess, Ben Winston was the chaperon(e?) for the birthday dinner and then Harry had an actual handler for the second day...

I guess at the pre-Brits dinner they were not going to be getting drunk...this may apply for the birthday dinner too and Ben was just there as a friend.

When Nick isn't there he just has security if necessary.

by Anonymousreply 11102/26/2013

I think people like Ben and Cal were there to celebrate H's birthday and the Brits but i wouldn't be surprised of they had an extra role as H/N's "baby-sitters".

by Anonymousreply 11202/26/2013

Well, of course, R112...I'm sure they were there as friends first and foremost, just with a potential side duty. I did not mean to imply otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 11302/26/2013

Harry embodies the singing or gets into it a lot more than you would expect with boy band/pop music, and he doesn't look like a boyband singer either. Definitely suited to performance more than the other boys, in my opinion at least, he plays the whole act really well. Must have been nice for Nick to get to watch him there! I mean wow.

by Anonymousreply 11402/26/2013

Yes, I used the word 'chaperone' because thats the first thing that came to mind when I saw all the pics. although I didn't at first realise it was Cal.( he appears in others when they are leaving the club with the brunette girl). What I also thought was interesting given that he is apparently so close to H (and I realise we only have a few pics. to go on) is that N is getting all the attention and H doesn't seem to acknowledge him being there. I just thought his presence looked out of place in all the pics. I've seen and after JJ giving me some background I think Cal was 'working' for Sony that night which suggests to me they might be a bit worried.

by Anonymousreply 11502/26/2013

wow R114 I don't normally find H attractive at all, but I see it there! Good performer for sure.

Here's a cute little N vid :)

by Anonymousreply 11602/26/2013

I think they're all great and I don't think from gifs that Harry is trying to separate himself. He interacts a lot with the band.

by Anonymousreply 11702/26/2013

R115 Yeah I didn't want to bring that up but I do agree, especially since Cal and Harry haven't seen each other in a while I assume there would be snaps of them chatting etc but nada. And we know they're close (Harry stayed at his place post-VMAs for example). Cal was also seated at their table at the Brits with their managers which I was surprised at too.

by Anonymousreply 11802/26/2013

What I mean to say is, just because you think Harry is better than the others, that doesn't mean he thinks the same. That is projection.

by Anonymousreply 11902/26/2013

I actually agree, R119.

by Anonymousreply 12002/26/2013

R117/9 I think all people implied was that he is a natural showman,noone said he doesn't like his bandmates or anything.There's always that one person in bands that natually stands out.

by Anonymousreply 12102/26/2013

R117, I agree! I think Harry has an energy onstage that stands out the most, to me at least, especially because it seems unusual for a boy band type performance, but I don't think that Harry necessarily tries to distinguish himself or stand out from the others. They all have their own energy onstage, they definitely aren't a synchronized unit or anything like old boy bands with carefully choreographed everything and dance moves.

by Anonymousreply 12202/26/2013

That is a bit surprising, R118.

by Anonymousreply 12302/26/2013

People are tweeting saying that the boys only arrived in Glasgow by private jet today, not sure what to believe. We never got pictures of Harry with his friend at lunch that was rumoured...

here's Harry leaving their private jet supposedly this morning? But then Niall tweeted including all the boys names except Harry's, a bit confused to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 12402/26/2013

They headed off to Glasgow yesterday morning.And there were sightings of at least Louis and Liam there yesterday. But if Harry went off to do something else once they got there it's possible he returned today. Don't know what he'd go off to do in Scotland on a private jet though.

by Anonymousreply 12502/26/2013

Regarding Cal,i think the boys have a good relationship with the people they are working with in general.I don't know how many of you have watched their livestream with Scott Mills but Marco Gastel,their assistant manager,was also there(he's actually always with them from what i've seen)and they joked with him and even invited him to to sit with them on the sofa,Harry and Niall have tweeted photos with him etc.It's good to see they're getting along with them,i guess it's an important factor of their success.

So i'm not surprised Cal was sitting with their management,he probably doesn't have many UK connections and since he is working with the band it makes sense he'd sit with them.

by Anonymousreply 12602/26/2013

Oh 125, that is kind of a dick move and I partially take back what I said if that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 12702/26/2013

oops I meant 124

by Anonymousreply 12802/26/2013

They all took the jet, then went to the venue on the bus. Not sure about the timing.

by Anonymousreply 12902/26/2013

All Niall said was him and the other three just played a fun game on the bus, for all we know Harry could have been having a nap. Not really a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 13002/26/2013

There were other sightings of Harry in Glasgow though, weren't there? A photo from last night too or something? I'm not sure, but the private jet thing is odd...

by Anonymousreply 13102/26/2013

R128 R127 Eh? Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I'm more confused about when they arrived exactly. There were pics of the other boys leaving the landing strip too so they could have been together I suppose.

R125 I didn't see any confirmation Louis and Liam were there yesterday; if it's about the pics they were taken in a tattoo shop in London.

by Anonymousreply 13202/26/2013

Ah, okay, thanks, R129. That makes more sense.

by Anonymousreply 13302/26/2013

There is a dispute as to whether 1D arrived in Glasgow yesterday, tweets I have seen are saying they arrived today. And if the picture of H leaving a private plane is anything to go by. It would seem he at least arrived today. Not sure what to think really.

I've tried to link the picture apologies if I fail miserably. I am no good with things like that.

by Anonymousreply 13402/26/2013

Just a little bit 132. If they were all on the landing strip I'm sure they were together. Harry just didn't feel like bus antics. Maybe they flew in yesterday, the bus arrived at the hotel and they took it to the venue. Then they'll use it for close trips. They usually stay on the bus for a quite while before shows so Niall could have napped then.

by Anonymousreply 13502/26/2013

N16 I love that video of Nick!!! I hope he wins.. I will be tuning in!

by Anonymousreply 13602/26/2013

R135 Sorry bit distracted, I wasn't trying to imply anything about Harry's relationship with the other boys though. And yes, you're right, feel like I'm coming off a bit hysterical aha

by Anonymousreply 13702/26/2013

It is strange the boys not including Harry in their fun games. The other boys are spending so much time together and Harry seems to have distanced from them. His birthday party was an eye-opener for me, when only Niall came from all the boys. If this is the reality, Harry will have a very hard time on this tour.

by Anonymousreply 13802/26/2013

Niall's tweet gave me pause at first too, r138, but as soneone else said, maybe Harry was just sleeping at the time. We shouldn't overinterpret things (well, at least not all of the time, haha).

by Anonymousreply 13902/26/2013

R138 Really? They're around one another 24/7, there lots of plausible explanations for why Niall didn't include Harry in the tweet. And RE birthdays, none of them have all been at each others. Would you like me to list them?

Let's keep stuff in perspective people.

by Anonymousreply 14002/26/2013

Didn't their former bodyguard/security guy say that Harry kept to himself the most anyway, just in that he was quiet and kinda did his own thing, always on his phone the most, and so on? I'm pretty sure someone posted the quote just in the last thread, but it just came to mind again. I'm sure they're all very used to each other's habits on tour anyway.

by Anonymousreply 14102/26/2013

R141 Yes we did, and agree on that last line. Was that not also the body guard that got let go for blabbing?

by Anonymousreply 14202/26/2013

I agree, R141. I'm sure they all just do what they like, sometimes together and sometimes alone. I don't think there is anything to point to more than that...yet anyway.

by Anonymousreply 14302/26/2013

I heard he left because he didn't want to spend a lot of time away from family or something, R142, but I'm not sure about it.

by Anonymousreply 14402/26/2013

R142, I don't know, that's the first I heard about that! What was blabbed?

by Anonymousreply 14502/26/2013

i agree with R141 ,maybe Harry liked some alone time or didn't feel like playing the game and prefered to nap or something.

They are 5 boys with different personalities and interests,it's normal if they don't do everything together.I'm sure they love each other and get along just fine but it's also normal that the dynamics in the band change from time to time etc.They must have fun together,if the clips from the movie are anything to go by(i know they'd only include the fun parts yes)but there must be times when they like to stay alone and have some privacy.No big deal in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 14602/26/2013

R145 I just saw some rumours about him feeding stuff to the rags etc. When I saw that article I assumed it was the same guy. Not very professional for their security guard to give an interview like that (unless it was approved but I don't think that was the case). Could just be false quotes of course.

by Anonymousreply 14702/26/2013

He didn't say anything bad though from what I remember? I liked what he (supposedly) said about Harry. It fit with the image I had anyway.

by Anonymousreply 14802/26/2013

I assumed the interview was agreed upon since he didn't say anything bad. Made him some money and he didn't leave them on bad terms.

by Anonymousreply 14902/26/2013

their jet/bus

by Anonymousreply 15002/26/2013

Thanks, R150.

by Anonymousreply 15102/26/2013

thought this was cute, I think they are closer than most people expect

by Anonymousreply 15202/26/2013

Compare his behaviour from last tour with this behaviour. It's not natural. He is on drugs.

Harry is not looking sad in that gif. He is trying to 'feel' Louis sing. He is mouthing the lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 15302/26/2013

I think Harry just likes to play the other bromances up, as long as he can't interact with Louis anymore. :)

by Anonymousreply 15402/26/2013

Oh god, if there's anything worse than a Larry tinhat, it's one who thinks Harry can't have genuine, close friendships with the other guys.

by Anonymousreply 15502/26/2013

He was hugging him a lot on Sunday, R152. They did both hit each other as well though, haha.

by Anonymousreply 15602/26/2013

You'll like this even better, r152:

by Anonymousreply 15702/26/2013

r154 why wouldn't he be able to interact with Louis?

by Anonymousreply 15802/26/2013

haha yeah I noticed that too r156 :) that was the day after that horrible article in the metro came out as well, which just made it even cuter :)

by Anonymousreply 15902/26/2013

Agreed R155,we don't know how the dynamics in the band are but all boys seem very close and very tactile with each other,i don't know why some think a hug has to be "intentional" or an attempt to "play up" other bromances.

by Anonymousreply 16002/26/2013

So if it's Louis, he is playing up the bromance and they are not even close. But if it's Liam, it's a genuine friendship? Okay.

R158, Because there are only two options: 1) He was involved in some way with Louis, and they are trying to shut the rumours down 2) Louis is genuinely upset by the gay rumours so they decided to shut the rumours down

For the record, I think Harry and Nick are at least FWB.

by Anonymousreply 16102/26/2013

Whilst we weren't able to post I saw someone mention the timeline of meet ups last may on twitter. They said it aS thought that H hadn't gone straight to meet N on 5th may when he got back to London, people thought they didn't meet for a couple of days, but a tweet by Annie M was found mentioning she had spent time with them on the 5th.

by Anonymousreply 16202/26/2013

awww that is cute r157 , plus I think that the most natural we can hope to see them is on stage, until the film comes out at least.

wow I'm hogging the thread a bit, sorry

by Anonymousreply 16302/26/2013

FGS Don't mention Louis on here. You will get savaged by a pack of wild dogs.

I like him and they were obviously close at one time.

by Anonymousreply 16402/26/2013

Well I didn't say this a few weeks ago but my friend who has known Louis for years says he isn't gay. Not being a 1D fan I have not seen much of him so can't really comment as I haven't been following them untill last few months because of H and N.

by Anonymousreply 16502/26/2013

Poor Harry, Liam hit him in groin with a microphone on Sunday and apparently someone threw a shoe and hit him in the groin again just now. That is according to Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 16602/26/2013

I just can't believe how some people are trying to push the whole Louis/Harry thing of as a 'played up bromance', while it's obvious that they are really close since the first day of One Direction. Also, I definitely think they are sleeping with each other. Their public relationship changed, but I don't think their private relationship did.

Harry and Nick had sex as well, I think.

He could see them both as FWB. Or he could have feelings for one of them. Louis could be in a relationship with Eleanor, or not. There is such a thing as 'cheating'. I don't know. I just have this feeling that Harry is sleeping with both of them.

by Anonymousreply 16702/26/2013

R166

He should be careful, Nick is going to want that in working order when Harry gets home.

(jk)

by Anonymousreply 16802/26/2013

R167 Lol.

by Anonymousreply 16902/26/2013

Haha, yes, R168 :).

by Anonymousreply 17002/26/2013

167 you were warned

Well I guess we will never know. There have been loads of threads on here about various celebs and gay rumours. Some turn out true but more often than not it's just fantasy.

BTW the person who knows Louis, is he 100% straight and his gf is genuine.

by Anonymousreply 17102/26/2013

Ive never discssed GF with her she just has known him years still has a close link to him. She doesn't like him much. She says he isnt gay. As a Nick fan he doesn't really interest me.

by Anonymousreply 17202/26/2013

On another note, at the twitter question section of the concert tonight Harry was asked "girlfriend or directioner" and exclaimed "a girlfriend who is a directioner!"

I genuinely spit my tea out. Scroll through the fan reactions on twitter if you want more laughs.

by Anonymousreply 17302/26/2013

girlfriend or directioner? as in which does he want?

by Anonymousreply 17402/26/2013

R174 yes

by Anonymousreply 17502/26/2013

For some reason I think Nick and Harry first slept together (because I think they have and do) was when Nicl posted the picture of a McDonald's bag in a Range Rover titled 'it happened'. This is me completely tinhatting by the way ;)

by Anonymousreply 17602/26/2013

I see Harry has yet another tattoo - a handshake on his arm! That boy is going to be covered by the time he is 20! I didn't know he had 'might as well' tattooed on his hip either. He really is an odd ball - such a random jumble.

by Anonymousreply 17702/26/2013

I think Harry has always been out personally. This was from the Larry days, but really only says something about Harry.

Either way, it's cute!

by Anonymousreply 17802/26/2013

unfortunately don't think that is him r178

by Anonymousreply 17902/26/2013

R176 - I think it actually refers to the attached. It's very cute that it did arrive though.

by Anonymousreply 18002/26/2013

That pic is not Harry. His hair is totally incorrect - he was blonde as a kid but he had brown, curly hair by the time he was a teenager. Cute photo of whoever these boys are though!

by Anonymousreply 18102/26/2013

R178 it's just a cute photo though,the whole story about Harry being "out" was completely made up by fans and since he had a girlfriend they said he was out as "bi" not "gay".He might was,i have no idea,but personally i don't think he was.

by Anonymousreply 18202/26/2013

on the subject of grimmy, I think he is looking so much younger lately! Might be the hair, love it this length :)

by Anonymousreply 18302/26/2013

I mean compared to a few months ago:

by Anonymousreply 18402/26/2013

I don't believe he was out at school, but I'm kind of intrigued by the fact that (as he tells it) he once told a girl who was interested in him that he was gay, in order to "let her down gently". Maybe he was actually being honest at the time, and later tried to cover his tracks by framing the story like that.

by Anonymousreply 18502/26/2013

PJ, I think Grimmy has had a chemical peel and lost weight. Is it tinhat to think that Harry recommended the same person who did his?

by Anonymousreply 18602/26/2013

R181

Wow really? It's like his little doppelganger from that angle!

by Anonymousreply 18702/26/2013

That is plausible, R185.

by Anonymousreply 18802/26/2013

Haha r186 I have always suspected that Harry is secretly a 40 year old man, would explain SO MUCH

by Anonymousreply 18902/26/2013

I totally agree Nick is looking a lot younger at the mo - its amazing what a bit of exercise can do, not only for weight, but healthier looking skin, hair etc :) His hair is also lovely at the mo!

by Anonymousreply 19002/26/2013

r190, quit saying "mo" - we get it, he's gay!

by Anonymousreply 19102/26/2013

r190 I think it was when he walked out to present the brit that I really sat up and took notice, he has a very attractive manner about him :) (plus good genes haha)

by Anonymousreply 19202/26/2013

Sorry? I didn't mean to overuse the word 'mo' - I'm using it as a shortened way for saying 'moment'? ... does 'mo' mean something else?

by Anonymousreply 19302/26/2013

R193

I also use 'mo' for moment all the time and am now equally confused :/

by Anonymousreply 19402/26/2013

R193 I am just as perplexed by R191 as you..

by Anonymousreply 19502/26/2013

r192 was me

by Anonymousreply 19602/26/2013

Nick is glowing because he is madly in love.

by Anonymousreply 19702/26/2013

I think the answer Harry gave to the question was prefect it puts into all the the little girls minds that they have a chance with him, and isn't that what they want.

by Anonymousreply 19802/26/2013

Mo is short for "homo" in my area. Sorry, I thought the joke would be apparent.

by Anonymousreply 19902/26/2013

Nick is really looking very good lately,maybe i should follow his example and finally going the gym!

Loving his hair as well!

by Anonymousreply 20002/26/2013

agreed PJ! When I was searching through tweets at the time about 1/3 of them were women saying how disappointed they were that he was gay

by Anonymousreply 20102/26/2013

Yes, R198, it's the text book answer, haha. There is no other way he can really answer that tactfully right now.

by Anonymousreply 20202/26/2013

R199

Ah ok. I've never heard it used for that in the UK, hence my confusion :)

by Anonymousreply 20302/26/2013

I do like the idea of him glowing with love, R197.

by Anonymousreply 20402/26/2013

Haha r201 I think he was trying for that reaction as well, with his *lip bite, eyes to the floor, look up* routine :') just made me find it even more endearing tbh

by Anonymousreply 20502/26/2013

Oops I didn't know there was a new thread anyway here is what I posted in the previous one:

Boy George does have a history of outing people...I think in his autobiography he outed Gavin Rossdale having a ga relationship with Marlyn and nobody believe him until years later when it was confirmed from both Gavin and Marlyn

And this is what Boy George had to say about Hugh Jackman "Hugh Jackman is so gay. I saw him at a benefit the night before the Tony's and I saw him holding hands and kissing his lover! The nerve to go onstage during the the awards to say he's not!"

by Anonymousreply 20602/26/2013

PJ, YES! His porn star esque outfit did it for me too aha

by Anonymousreply 20702/26/2013

This tour has already been eventful for Harry. First getting hit in the groin twice as mentioned, having to run off stage to pee and then having to sit down during a song because he was running out of breath...I hope things settle down for him soon :).

by Anonymousreply 20802/26/2013

Completely off topic - but what is the general consensus around Hugh Jackman? I always thought he was gay, was surprised to hear he was married with children. Maybe bi?

by Anonymousreply 20902/26/2013

R209 I thought he was straight but then saw a blind about him having a longterm private boyfriend that fans recently spotted him with.

by Anonymousreply 21002/26/2013

I feel like actors go to more extremes than singers..

by Anonymousreply 21102/26/2013

R209 There's is an active thread about Hugh and his wife,i saw it on the first page at some point today if you are interested!

Anyway his two kids are adopted and people believe his wife to be a beard,his boyfriend was rumored to be John Palermo,his bussiness partner of about 7 years who is out i think,they went together to events(with the wife too!),an actor(cant recall who) said they lived together while wife and kids were living on a different floor of the same building and had matching "bussiness" rings.

by Anonymousreply 21202/26/2013

r207 it was SUCH a good look for him! The way that shirt poofed out at the front? oohf :')

Wonder if he's just going to get better with age? Like a George Clooney 2.0 (british style)

by Anonymousreply 21302/26/2013

Oh thanks, I'll go have a gander at the Hugh thread!

Crickey - it seems an awful lot of effort to be portrayed as straight. I'd have thought if anyone, he's be fairly comfortable with being gay given his musical and theatre background - he is very NPH.

by Anonymousreply 21402/26/2013

ps. sorry - back to Harry and Nick! :)

by Anonymousreply 21502/26/2013

why would someone throw a shoe at Harry? If the tour keeps going the way it has been going he is going to be dead by the end.

by Anonymousreply 21602/26/2013

Is he on drugs?

by Anonymousreply 21702/26/2013

R212, John was Hugh's assisntant before he was promoted as his bussiness partner and when Hugh won an Emmy years ago he thanked his "assistant" before his wife and he was sitting in the Fromt row

by Anonymousreply 21802/26/2013

R216 - He actually drops to the ground; not nice.

by Anonymousreply 21902/26/2013

Sorry 218 i forgot to mention this!Is there footage of him thanking John btw? I've never seen it on tape.

R217 no he just can't dance.

by Anonymousreply 22002/26/2013

It's utterly ridiculous, R216! I don't understand people throwing anything solid on stage at all.

by Anonymousreply 22102/26/2013

btw does anyone know any gossip on George Clooney? I have a friend who goes to a very posh boarding school here (Britain) who said it was taken as a fact by people at her school, as they got their gossip from someone who lived close enough to him to see things (she mentioned men coming middle of the night/leaving early in the morning). I've always wondered if it was true or just rumors spread by boarding school girls.

by Anonymousreply 22202/26/2013

Yeah, C. It's not nice at all.

by Anonymousreply 22302/26/2013

R221 Jesus, is there any need to throw things!

by Anonymousreply 22402/26/2013

Aww after someone threw a shoe at Harry he just smiled and waved at the audience..if it was the other band members like Louis I bet the outcome would be different..

by Anonymousreply 22502/26/2013

No, of course not, R224, but if it's a teddy bear or a bra or whatever, it can be overlooked but anything that might actually hurt someone, NO WAY.

by Anonymousreply 22602/26/2013

Just watched the footage. You always get an idiot. The first one missed but second one caught him. This was either some silly girl thinking it was funny or some complete idiot trying to be smart. There was nothing funny about it. As Liam said, he'd just been assaulted. I like how Liam went straight to him.

by Anonymousreply 22702/26/2013

PJ There are a few threads on here (most of them filled with people fighting on whether he "pings" or not) about Clooney but personally i don't think he is.

R226 Agreed,i have no idea why would someone throw a shoe anyway,it's crazy!

by Anonymousreply 22802/26/2013

217....I'd say he's just being Harry ;)

by Anonymousreply 22902/26/2013

someone here mentioned that Harry had to sit down during one of their songs because he was out of breath...anyone know which song it was? I also wonder if he really does have asthma as he's been seen using an inhaler but mabye it's just something he uses when he's on stage.

by Anonymousreply 23002/26/2013

Here you go, R230:

by Anonymousreply 23102/26/2013

It's funny how if I read about something first on here people are AGHAST about it and then I see the video and it's not that big a deal. The shoe thing wasn't that bad - they ALL joked about it, even Liam. Unfortunately that happens sometimes at concerts.

by Anonymousreply 23202/26/2013

and here's Harry using an inhaler:

by Anonymousreply 23302/26/2013

I have used an inhaler before and I dont have asthma.. but the poor boy is always couching, he needs to go to the doctor.

by Anonymousreply 23402/26/2013

Yeah I wonder what's up with that? He's ALWAYS coughing and lately he's been running out of breath quite often during songs...

by Anonymousreply 23502/26/2013

I'm sure their managers etc...have made him go to a doctor. I can't imagine they would take a risk. I hope I'm not naive in thinking this.

by Anonymousreply 23602/26/2013

shortness of breath?

by Anonymousreply 23702/26/2013

Im sure he has gone to the doctors but there has got to be something they could do to make it stop... and im saying this as a person who coughs a lot. Since I have been following him and Nick I have seen so many videos and pics of him coughing and it has been going on for months.

by Anonymousreply 23802/26/2013

He and the boys have definitely been to the doctors for a general check-up i think,remember the Call or Delete than NIck failed to prank Harry? It was that day that then band went to the doctors.

I don't know what could be wrong but i doubt it's something worrying,as R237 suggested it could be shortness of breath.

by Anonymousreply 23902/26/2013

the girl who threw the shoe got sent out of the concert but Harry told the security to bring her back in...too nice for his own good that lad ;)

by Anonymousreply 24002/26/2013

Yeah, he is, R240.

by Anonymousreply 24102/26/2013

R240,yes,Harry is very nice.I don't think he has a mean bone in his body and has generally avoided engaging in fights with anybody ..even rumors doesn't phase him..his personality is why he is the most popular in the group and he seems very comfortable in his own skin...I remember in the early days when they had to perform in a gay club alll the other members were uncomfortable and awkward on the stage while Harry didn't give a f- and took his jacket off slowly to tease the gays in the audience ..I love it!

by Anonymousreply 24202/26/2013

yes he seems very nice...I kinda get these protective mother feelings for him because of it...that's probably why all the people over at radio 1 has pretty much adopted him (: I only hope that he'll never change and let the fame get to him.

by Anonymousreply 24302/26/2013

on a very random note, seeing that video that Niall tweeted...Harry's got some freakin' long and good looking legs!

by Anonymousreply 24402/26/2013

R244 Well according to Nick, Harry has a very spindly knee!! lols

by Anonymousreply 24502/26/2013

haha I really loved Nick's "spindly knees" comment.

by Anonymousreply 24602/26/2013

Tweet from someone who attended a live taping of "Chatty Man". Will be interesting to see if it makes it into the broadcast on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 24702/28/2013

Jesus, was it just me or was that prime time almost 48 hours long? Lots to discuss but I'm asleep on my feet, I'm sure I'll wake up to you guys posting everything (unless there's another bloody prime time).

by Anonymousreply 24802/28/2013

Oof before I go to bed-tumblr fangirl that follows this thread and occasionally posts, could you please NOT tweet people who you think have info on h/n and their whereabouts? I know you'll see this and you clearly haven't gotten the message when we all mentioned it multiple times previously.

by Anonymousreply 24902/28/2013

R249 I for one dont see the problem with asking if they said they saw them... just dont tweet Nick and Harry directly. IMO

by Anonymousreply 25002/28/2013

Celebrity Juice tonight: "What's Nick Grimshaw doing in this photo?" (Flashes picture of nick in the car with harry morning after brits, zoomed in so you just see nick, when he's reaching over harry) Kelly Brook: Something with Harry Styles, he's always with Harry Styles, which is... Keith: yes, he's having fun with Harry Styles, he's masturbating him! (Reveals full picture)

Funnily enough Keith and Kelly were on the show this morning and gave Nick a heads up about there being a picture of him with harry for a question on the show, seemed a bit awkward, he danced around it and moved the subject when Kelly asked "you're always with him aren't you?" And when Keith said it looked like "more than friends" in the picture nick just laughed a bit. I'm linking to an audio clip.

(Also I'm sure a lot of you already know this from twitter, but thought i would post for the sake of documenting it and getting everyone on the same page for discussion started again)

by Anonymousreply 25102/28/2013

Also all the jabs about harry during the dj battle last night...

by Anonymousreply 25202/28/2013

Tweet from yesterday

by Anonymousreply 25302/28/2013

Ignore the article, it's just the same old stuff but where are the pictures from. Look interesting.

by Anonymousreply 25403/01/2013

Looks photoshopped to me, r254.

by Anonymousreply 25503/01/2013

R254 Those are photoshopped and the person who photoshopped them said it was suppose to be Harry and Zayn... they were going around tumblr a few months back...

by Anonymousreply 25603/01/2013

Can't link but there was a lovely tweet from Boyd Hilton from Heat magazine saying how affable Nick was when he interviewed him. Nice to read these things and to see Nick is well liked by those who meet him.

by Anonymousreply 25703/01/2013

Here is the tweet R257 was talking about!! Ian even tweeted him!!

by Anonymousreply 25803/01/2013

[R251] Yeah I noticed he seemed to be trying to avoid the Harry questions. Kelly asked about twice about him spending so much time with Harry and both times he just brushed it off and didn't really reply. Even when the caller asked if Harry was his favorite he moved on pretty fast. I thought it was also odd that he pretty much only mentioned Toddla T's diss whenever they talked about the battle, but happened to miss Charlie's which had all the Harry mentions. Doesn't really mean anything, but I still thought it was interesting.

by Anonymousreply 25903/01/2013

R259 Yeah I don't believe for a second that he "didn't listen" to Charlie's fun play during their dj battle and just happened to miss all the Harry digs. I mean, okay, there were a lot of people around, but it was a competition and it was all about them and even if he was chatting for a bit, Charlie's dubplay said "Harry Styles" about seven or eight times. I don't know, my gut feeling was that he was just dismissing it so he didn't have to get into any of that.

by Anonymousreply 26003/01/2013

Boy George tweeted during the datalounge 'lockdown' a picture of taylor and Harry in NYC and said something along the lines of "Harry only wanted to go out for a walk to wear his new hat" but it seems to have been deleted now.. but here's another one he has tweeted, he's persistant about the gay 1d member, which i think he's insinuating Harry.

by Anonymousreply 26103/01/2013

Sorry here is the link

by Anonymousreply 26203/01/2013

What a dick.

by Anonymousreply 26303/01/2013

Here's the tweet about harry and Taylor it's still up:

by Anonymousreply 26403/01/2013

Thankyou R264!

by Anonymousreply 26503/01/2013

There is also this, but I don't believe that it's possible.i

by Anonymousreply 26603/01/2013

The Boy George tweets are a bit confusing to me. On one hand, based on what Liam said on twitter, he can barely tell the boys apart except for Harry. If that's the case would he really know which one was gay, unless he just knows one is, but not which one. So that makes me think he means Harry. On the other hand though if he's close with Aimee and knew Harry was gay because of that, would he really spread it on twitter. Unless he thinks it's okay because he's not saying names. Who knows? haha

Tinhat Moment ( Hate saying that phrase)- Right now Nick is playing one of Harry's favorite songs. The one he has lyrics tattooed of.

by Anonymousreply 26703/01/2013

R267 He just 'dinged' the song too!

by Anonymousreply 26803/01/2013

he dinged it THREE TIMES.

by Anonymousreply 26903/01/2013

It seems that Nick and Harry were both together in Radio 1 last night (after one presumes the Mexican meal (although Nick did call it "tea" so it would be early), Nick going to a leaving go, and Harry's visit to the Art13 preview). The girl tweeting (it's about four down, but the others explain why she was there) was there yesterday evening. (This might be related too, but I am not too sure about the source https://twitter.com/steve_mitchel1/status/307255223540400128)

Yes, Nick certainly most be choosing to ignore Charlies dubplate, he said again to the Showbusiness caller that he hadn't heard it and really since LMC was with him that evening she must have heard it even if he didn't. Probably the best way to go through.

I liked the fact that he tweeted about James Franco straight after the comments about him and Harry on Celebrity Juice; it really did seem to divert attention.

(Is it possible to link two separate url's in the attachment "box" , do I put a comma, space, semi colon etc between them?)

by Anonymousreply 27003/01/2013

C.. If he was there that is really cute!!!

by Anonymousreply 27103/01/2013

Did any of the other boys even go back to London between these dates?

by Anonymousreply 27203/01/2013

R272 - I think they were all seen at Heathrow on Wednesday evening.

The attached was also from last night. Again, rather random.

by Anonymousreply 27303/01/2013

On the Aimee and Ian front, today they talked about how Ian is a) abroad, Aimee is also abroad, she posted a billboard from Sunset in LA a few days ago b) obsessed with Temple Run 2- which Aimee is also MASSIVELY into c) they said Ian has a "pal" who loves it and LMC joked that when they got together they "don't hug or anything, just play Temple Run." and D, Aimee posted this on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 27403/01/2013

The girl that tweeted about walking past N/H also has a tumblr and mentioned that "she can't say much but Nick is doing a comic relief fundraiser" so maybe Harry is involved, i'm thinking its a funny video or something.

by Anonymousreply 27503/01/2013

R275 Do u have a link to her tumblr?

by Anonymousreply 27603/01/2013

Hey C

Good digging. Think the blokes tweet is probably referring to Harold the neighbours character from old but could be a play in words. I don't think so though.

Reckon they were likely together last night though. I think it would be more interesting to see how many nights harry has free in London and DOESN'T spend them with Nick (!)

Think lots of tweets are just DL/twitter/digiSpy/blind item spreading. Did anyone see popbitch mailing yesterday? Nick related lead item with insinuations about a couple of things

by Anonymousreply 27703/01/2013

R275 - I presumed he was recording what we just heard on the show (the Neighbours "rap") but that would make sense too.

by Anonymousreply 27803/01/2013

JJ what did popbitch say?

by Anonymousreply 27903/01/2013

R276 Here you go

by Anonymousreply 28003/01/2013

JJ _ Yes, I saw the popbitch; I got the feeling the comment about Nick being rude was just so he could make the end comment; although oddly he seemed to back down a little with the comments about bar further down. The comment sections of the Daily Mail had already gone there of course.

by Anonymousreply 28103/01/2013

Have tried to link popbitch current issue below.

For those that dont know, popbitch is a message board and weekly newsletter. It's considered the original home of things like blind items and has broken stories like Beckhams Affair. It's lost a little of its edge recently but still relevant.

"something got right up his nose"

Also for 1D fans, a Liam rumour below

by Anonymousreply 28203/01/2013

C - I think you're probably right. Though I someone caught him at the time he couldn't get into the party it wouldn't surprise me if he was a bit hacked off!

God love the Daily Fail and their readers.. Why be mean when you can be vile.

by Anonymousreply 28303/01/2013

Why would they have been in Covent Garden Hospital??

by Anonymousreply 28403/01/2013

R284 Its a private members' club, so theirs that...

by Anonymousreply 28503/01/2013

R284 - covent garden hospital is a club

by Anonymousreply 28603/01/2013

Well THAT'S embarrassing! And I live in London! I'm not well versed on private members clubs - although I was wondering exactly when a hospital had cropped up in CG ...

by Anonymousreply 28703/01/2013

How do you know Harry and Nick were together last night? Do you have proofs or?

by Anonymousreply 28803/01/2013

R287 - no embarrassment at all for not knowing, i shouldn't know but have some mates that are members. (Mates that have sillier but more amusing jobs than I!)

by Anonymousreply 28903/01/2013

Hey R288 - we were discussing the significance of the tweet mentioned earlier of a girl joking about being able to drop into conversation "so I was at radio1 and just walked past H and N". wouldn't be that significant but on her tumblr she mentions being at R1 to do some comic relief filming with N last night.

by Anonymousreply 29003/01/2013

Thanks to everyone summing up what's happened recently when DL has been down - I don't always keep up with twitter/tumblr talk so I do rely on this thread for news mostly. So frustrating when it's down.

by Anonymousreply 29103/01/2013

Yes, that girl's tweet sounds like a wishful thing, nothing real. Harry was with Teasdales last night from what I understand.

by Anonymousreply 29203/01/2013

R292 I know he was with Lou during the day but its not out of the realm of possibility he was with Nick.

by Anonymousreply 29303/01/2013

It's not out of the realm of possibility he was with Dolly Parton.

by Anonymousreply 29403/01/2013

I'm gonna bring up some old blind items

april 12 2012 Boybander is undecided HollywoodDame: this foreign born boybander is currently billed as single and straight,but he is still undecided. He has been experimenting with both genders a lot lately to help him come up to a decision.

July 23 2012 Floating pics of One Direction Singer

Popbitch: Which member of One Direction seems to want to to be such a prolific shagger that access to much of Uk's female population might not be enough for him? Some photos of him have been floating around on gaydar...

Why do I have a feeling it's Zayn?

by Anonymousreply 29503/01/2013

No one else noticed Sadie Frost's reply to Boy George's tweet? She only said she was excited for a gig of his but...

by Anonymousreply 29603/01/2013

Aimee and Ian are at Disneyland Paris

by Anonymousreply 29703/01/2013

I did notice that, R296.

by Anonymousreply 29803/01/2013

R295 would you not think the July story is linked to this?

by Anonymousreply 29903/01/2013

so if they keep the bit in chattyman where alan askes jamie if harry and grimmy are an item and she denies it clearly, i'm wondering whether that was planned as a way of them finally denying the claims without them having to do it personally and making a big thing of it? if she just brushes it off awkwardly or they cut it out altogether, then that would give the rumours weight?? if they are together, they obv are not planning to come out or admit it as there is another thing in the daily star about how harry wants to date jennifer lawrence. or maybe he really is the womanising scoundrel the press is making him out to be?!?

about the tumblr girl on here who tweets EVERYONE that tweets about harry and grimmy. she is only embarrasing herself so it's up to her i suppose.

by Anonymousreply 30003/01/2013

It'll be interesting to see if they keep the question about Harry and Nick in Alan Carr's show tonight.

by Anonymousreply 30103/01/2013

there sure has been alot of talk about Nick & Harry after the Brits hasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 30203/01/2013

R295 Well, I've always suspected that Zayn and Harry have been experimenting with eachother.

by Anonymousreply 30303/01/2013

R301 It will be interesting if it's edited out or it's just brushed over.

On another note. Hard to believe this boy won villain of the year. He was so lovely to those two little girls.

Also interesting if it is true that H and N were together last night as it would mean that once again H went straight to see N when he got back once more.

by Anonymousreply 30403/01/2013

Considering the women who tweeted about it mentioned "awkward" twice I doubt it was pre-planned, and I almost hope it doesn't make the cut to be honest.

Also, was browsing through the threads I missed during "haylor" and then not an hour later saw this article pop up on the Sun about Ed Sheeran/Taylor...

It was particularly funny because if you replaced Ed's name with Harry's and Harry's with Connor K it genuinely could have been an article they published a few months ago. Would love to see how they explain the Ed/Taylor romance in March with Harry/Taylor's purported one at the same time...?

by Anonymousreply 30503/01/2013

oops forgot the link:

Also has transferred over to the Daily Mail this morning

by Anonymousreply 30603/01/2013

I mean if Jamie laughed it off it would be one thing to air it but if it's really awkward I guess it depends, I can't imagine Alan would be purposely trying to dig around to out Harry, that's pretty awful, so I don't really know what to expect.

And yeah I always thought the Ed/Taylor connection made the haylor stuff a little odd but if this actually does end up being a thing I suspect a lot more people will start looking at haylor like a pr stunt. Who knows though could be nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 30703/01/2013

Nick's pre-Brits party has made this weeks Talk of the Town in the ES Magazine (Evening Standard; it's in the print and iPad editions but I couldn't see a link on the website). There are three photographs of, Jaime Winstone, Rita and Nick and Harry, and Henry Holland and Pixie Geldof.

The text at the bottom is the amusing part though and is as follows:

"Wherever Nick Grimshaw goes, Harry Styles is sure to follow. So it was no surprise when the baby-faced Iothario turned up at the DJ's pre-BRITS dinner at Hix, and spent the rest of the night glued to his side. Aw, friendship."

JJ/R295 - I think that quote was actually about Henry Holland and the website just got it wrong. Nick never refers to Harry as his best friend but often does so to Henry and it would make more sense with the reference to "shoots".

by Anonymousreply 30803/01/2013

Alan probably showed a picture of Jaime out after the brits with n/h and might have gone on to say something like "they're always together are they together?" or something along those lines i'm guessing. Apparently a lot gets cuts from alan carr anyway! But I agree, I don't really want him to bring it up.

by Anonymousreply 30903/01/2013

How this Jaimie posibly knows about a relationship between Harry and Grimmy? Is she such a close friend with both to know this? And why is everybody talking so freely about them if there suposedly is an injunction about them in the media? It doesn't make sense...

by Anonymousreply 31003/01/2013

Thanks, C. That is cute:).

That's a good point and I do agree that Henry makes more sense.

R303, that wouldn't surprise me either actually.

by Anonymousreply 31103/01/2013

R310 - Because Jaime was one of the people who went back to Nick's at 4.30am after the Brits, and then was with them in the studio for the show.

by Anonymousreply 31203/01/2013

R310 We're still split on whether there is some sort of injunction, but if there was a lot of people have agreed that it would be very specific so certain innuendo made wouldn't go against it. And we still don't know exactly what Alan C said

by Anonymousreply 31303/01/2013

R303, and by that I mean sometime in the past, not now.

by Anonymousreply 31403/01/2013

A lot does get cut from Alan Carr, so who knows if we'll even see it. I remember when One Direction were on last fall it was apparently closer to 20-30 minutes they were on and it got cut to the standard 15. One or more people from the audience had tweeted that louis made a claim about how he just finds the gay rumours offensive to his girlfriend, sugarscape ran an article on it before the episode aired (I think they attended the taping too?) and people were freaking out one way or another about it and then that part wasn't even aired.

by Anonymousreply 31503/01/2013

Zayn and Harry has always appeared more of a possibility to me than Harry and Louis, but I hedge on the side of none of them ever experimenting together, just because it seems unlikely they would want to potentially spoil their dynamic. Unless it was early days, but I don't get an experimental vibe from Zayn back then. Subject to many factors, though.

I think it'll probably be cut from Alan Carr, much like the question put to Louis in 1D's last interview with him. Alan's show isn't really a place for awkward if they can avoid it and if she felt awkward at the question, I would be surprised if it was in. Also depends how long she's scheduled to air for.

They're pretty much damned if they do and damned if they don't. If she denies it, it's a cover up; if she laughs or brushes it off awkwardly she's not answering/confirming. Which could well be true, but if they're not actually involved then what do they do?!

by Anonymousreply 31603/01/2013

Yeah, I remember that, R315. I do think it's likely this will get cut too.

by Anonymousreply 31703/01/2013

I don't think Harry cares about gay rumors because he would have stop hanging out with Nick months ago when a reporter asked him about them being ship on tumblr and all the fanfics..he made a face but that's it..and the innuendoes in gossip sites like the daily mail,the sun and Perez..I also doubt he gives a fuck about fans shipping Larry .. its only Louis who is sensitive about the issue..

by Anonymousreply 31803/01/2013

I have no idea about the injunction thing, if there even is one in place. Is it possible that the injunction could have been lifted, or maybe it's only against outing H? All of the stories and innuendo really have been since H's 19th birthday but that's because they have been so open since then.

by Anonymousreply 31903/01/2013

Why some people here believe Harry experimented with Zayn? Do you like the ideea of them together or what? Because they don't behave like two people who were intimate with each other. It is how they play on camera? The horse play? Based on this we may as well say that Harry rides Niall daily because they are touchy with each other. This smell like fanfiction for me.

by Anonymousreply 32003/01/2013

R318 if we're thinking of the same interview (in the bathroom with matt edmondson?) I don't even think he even "made a face" when it came up, he seemed really amused to me and just quite surprised as well - and same with all the other boys, I bet they were naturally expecting he would reference fanfiction about "you and louis" but they seemed quite surprised/amused when he said nick. Not super important but I just always thought that was a bit of a significant interview, silly as it is, since I think that's the only time we've actually seen nick brought up in an interview with harry? (That's video-taped I mean)

by Anonymousreply 32103/01/2013

If there is an injunction (well it's more likely to be a super one if there is one) then it will be very specific, and pretty likely to be limited to the press (newspapers etc). I am not sure how you could have one for television, especially live television, as it would be impossible to enforce.

by Anonymousreply 32203/01/2013

R319 I've been wondering too if there may have been a "one-year injunction" or something along those lines. It seemed like most injunctions being granted now are on a timeline anyway and the press has amped up so much, plus the timing of it all - Harry's birthday was a month ago, only a few days ago it was a year since he got papped leaving Nick's flat that one morning, etc, it just makes me wonder if it could actually be something like that. Also the recent tweet by the guy that said "super injunction out" - at first I thought he was implying it was over/had come out/etc. I don't know obviously but I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like that. Of course H and N were also super blatant with the Brits stuff so that could be it too. Although the fact that there were so many paps swarming Nick's house that night, I don't know, that seemed over the top to me, I felt like they were definitely hoping to catch more than just a snap of Harry.

by Anonymousreply 32303/01/2013

Yes, no doubt some people are having an erection when they fantasise about Zayn and Harry fucking each other! Funny.

by Anonymousreply 32403/01/2013

R321 - no, I certainly wouldn't have called his reaction "making a face" either. He looks surprised when Nick's name is mentioned and then looks down whilst smiling. The others all start laughing. (It's just after 3.30 if you haven't seen it).

by Anonymousreply 32503/01/2013

Actually the face he made was one of the things that convinced me early on that there really was something between Harry and Nick, R318. It was a surprised and shy look, that was very sweet... I agree in general though that he doesn't care about the rumours.

by Anonymousreply 32603/01/2013

If there was an injunction, i'm sort of inclined to believe it's over. Especially over the fact that the pap's took/released pictures of Harry going into Nick's home!! Last year it was rare that a picture of Harry outside Nick's house would get released.

by Anonymousreply 32703/01/2013

So I'm kinda new to this, not really a fan of either Nick or Harry...but let's get real. They've def done the dirty. All those nights sleeping over...

by Anonymousreply 32803/01/2013

Yeah. C, exactly. I actually love his reaction.

by Anonymousreply 32903/01/2013

I know this is old but..The difference between Laim and Harry is he wouldn't find Boy George's appearance or hat wierd ..because he embrace those types of things..ok sorry for the off topic

by Anonymousreply 33003/01/2013

I hope Harry will be asked about Nick in an interview soon, but knowing their management I don't think is posible. Just to see his reaction.

by Anonymousreply 33103/01/2013

R319 I could see an injunction being just about H's sexuality, especially if N/H is only FWB (that may be on and off) BUT I still lean more towards a press agreement than a full on injunction.

by Anonymousreply 33203/01/2013

Or Cowell could have been paying press agencies, let's be honest. No need for legal injunction if they agree to cover up, he definitely is used to managing press, they can still make tons of money putting out story after story about Harry's flings and fucking 410 women in a year. And Cowell keeps the band's image how he wants it and keeps making money. Not that complicated really.

by Anonymousreply 33303/01/2013

R333 Agreed, and we have to think about how people in the media/PR are feeling about injunctions after that scandal. On the other hand, maybe we're all just assuming that everyone is leaning away from injunctions when in fact they've just fixed up the issues that allowed them to be exposed and caused problems in the first place? Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 33403/01/2013

I tend to agree L, R332. I think it's more likely there's an agreement in place. I've actually wondered if maybe there never was an injunction at all. If so, maybe the false threat of one was planted to allow gossip but prevent anyone from thinking they could reveal anything officially.

by Anonymousreply 33503/01/2013

Ah - we are talking press? My fav topic. I still dont think its an accident that The Sun got the X factor story the day after the Brits direct from Cowell.

Press behaviour is not particularly consistant with an injunction especially since the Brits.

I really want a tumblr girl to make a press rumour master post (as I cant be bothered and dont undersand tumblr!)

I suspect it would make hilarious reading

On an aside I am simply delighted by this AImmee Ian news at Disneyland. She must be the most glamorous princess there!

by Anonymousreply 33603/01/2013

R335 I definitely can see people just claiming an injunction to sound "in the know" when hear any gossip about celeb secrets/coverups (in the UK, not so much overseas). Threatening one to people with loose lips I can believe too.

by Anonymousreply 33703/01/2013

***hearing and R337 was me sorry

by Anonymousreply 33803/01/2013

This reminds me of the Hillary Duff and Joel Madden situation..there were not much gossip about them or pics together even tho n she was dating him and then when she turned 18 ..bam!!!! They had an 8 year difference.... same thing with wilmer/Lindsay and wilmer/ demi...secretly dating and not much in the media till they're 18 or 19

by Anonymousreply 33903/01/2013

I agree about an agreement or understanding being more likely for two main reasons. First, outing someone for the sake of outing them is just not good practice? Especially in a day and age where being gay in and of itself is not a "scandal". There's nothing to benefit a paper in doing that, financially they're better off doing more stories about H and women rather than one story that will grab headlines and then die off. And again, I really feel the need to repeat it but... Outing someone for the sake of outing them is just not good form. There have been so many celebs that were definitely known by media/journalists to be gay before they came out and no one ran tell-alls about them cause there's just no point. And especially in a case like this, outing someone who is nineteen years old is just REALLY shitty. I'm not trying to say tabloids are moralistic but they don't have that much to benefit and it's just not journalistically practical.

Secondly, I think an agreement is more likely than an injunction because I have a hard time understanding WHY H and N would be able to get an injunction, unless it really is as simple as "if you can afford it" but from what I've looked at of the few cases know it seems like they're more common when there's marriage/divorce involved, when it's to protection another party (aka spouse or children), or when there are other legal proceedings going on, and those get kept out of the papers. I have a hard time imagining that a court would order a press injunction simply because it would be bad publicity for a teen heartthrob to not appear straight or because an age gap wouldn't go over well in Nick's case. Especially if they DID crack down on injunctions, although like L pointed out its possible they've gone back to them and just sorted out the problems. But I feel like journalists/news organizations would throw a huge fuss over this kind of censorship, even if they might not have any desire to put the info out. Journalists aren't a fan of being censored.

by Anonymousreply 34003/01/2013

L, I agree about people throwing around the term, even if not just to sound in the know but because they're using it casually to explain the situation (press not commenting even though they know) even though there's no actual legal measure in place.

by Anonymousreply 34103/01/2013

R340 Great post, once again wish we had some (or more?) posters who had some legal background in the UK to weigh into the discussion.

R341 Exactly!

by Anonymousreply 34203/01/2013

Yeah, I agree, R342. Great post, R340 and R341 makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 34303/01/2013

Ug once again R342 was me.

Also, after looking over those haylor threads was wondering if Links, Tribeca, Q, Z, NW3 are still around and just not signing off? Would love to hear their thoughts (Links and NW3 especially)

by Anonymousreply 34403/01/2013

R325 c that is really cute watching it back, I didn't notice before that Zayn's reaction is cute too, he involuntarily laughs and then immediately snatches the mic from H! Stopping him from saying anything incriminating?

As far as Zayn/Harry, I think that might just stem back to the old original threads on here when consensus was that it was Zayn or Louis that 'pinged' the most. Don't think there's more to it than that, other than wishful thinking!

Zayn's actually my fave 1D boy (sorry H) they would definitely look stunning together! My all time favourite boyband pairing will always be Harry and Dougie from McFly though :)

by Anonymousreply 34503/01/2013

Also agree great post R340 I completely agree with you, it's just not the done thing to out a celeb unless they pull a George Michael and basically out themselves.

Getting back to Nick, I caught a bit of the Nixtape this morning and he looked very listless, for want of a better word. Or perhaps just tired haha

by Anonymousreply 34603/01/2013

I wonder if Harry is going to crack soon? These past few weeks didn't do him any favor..the jake bugg comment,getting hit in the crotch,winning best villian in the NME awards,his relationship with Nick is suddenly getting attention in the media and touring around the world..he must be exhausted..

by Anonymousreply 34703/01/2013

Haha, N16, did he? Awwww.

by Anonymousreply 34803/01/2013

I don't think things like the Jake Bugg comment or the NME award will give him any sleepless nights, r347.

by Anonymousreply 34903/01/2013

I'd really like to know if the older posters are around as well. I always liked Links and NW3's posts and even Q as they brought opposing views.

by Anonymousreply 35003/01/2013

N16, Harry is my favourite, but Zayn is second and yeah a lot of the idea of them having perhaps experimented at some point is wishful thinking based on aesthetics, as LMC put it, haha. I don't know if it really is likely but as I said it wouldn't exactly shock me if it were...there were very vague rumours but nothing more really. Certainly nothing even remotely close to what we have about Harry and Nick in addition to your inside knowledge along with C's.

by Anonymousreply 35103/01/2013

I really miss Links' posts! She was a fan of Nick going back to 2010 I think and always had interesting things to say. I always wanted to ask her opinion on the Nick/Nicolo thing but it felt too irrelevant at the time because they were specifically N/H threads. Now that this is a more general Nick thread I feel she'd have more cause to post but she seems to have disappeared for good sadly.

R346 I only caught the Nickstape too so I don't know what mood he was in for the rest of the show but I noticed he didn't seem too cheerful. I did wonder if maybe the popbitch thing might have bothered him. I know he reads it, and even if he hadn't seen it someone would have probably told him about it.

by Anonymousreply 35203/01/2013

Wonder how far this Jennifer Lawrence/Harry thing will be pushed?

by Anonymousreply 35303/01/2013

R352 he for sure reads it? wow...what was it that popbitch posted about H/N again (not the recent one)?

R353 Seems only based on his tweet and she seems pretty no bullshit so I doubt they'll do any PR thing. She was very low key about her relationship with Nicholas Hault which always impressed me (though they seem to have broken up now). To be fair, who doesn't have a crush on her lol

by Anonymousreply 35403/01/2013

L, here you go:

"Will the "Harry 4 Grimmy" rumours start gaining momentum, now that the tabloids have Harry Styles dating America's favourite beard?"

by Anonymousreply 35503/01/2013

N16 - I agree, Nick looked exhausted this morning, but actually I was surprised as it had been a good show (although oddly I generally prefer the ones without guests) and he hadn't sounded it. But it would account for him saying that he was going to stay in tonight and tomorrow evening!

The VT is very cute, and actually that was the first time I though there was something definitely going on because that really isn't the reaction of someone not happy with the idea! (Although to be fair I had had my suspicious from the original Call or Delete; Harry was just too keen on Nick being "in love" with him for someone not interested).

On a different note, it was terribly sweet (I can't think of a better word, sorry) that Nick "dinged" three times on the line "I played them for you" on the Temper Trap track this morning(Sweet Disclosure - Harry has some of the lyrics tattooed on him).

by Anonymousreply 35603/01/2013

That's true, C, about Call or Delete...yeah it was a telling reaction for me too in that interview...he looked like he was blushing almost, it was adorable.

by Anonymousreply 35703/01/2013

What did you want to ask about Nick/Nicolo, Pringle? I remember being very excited when Nick started hanging out with him; Nicolo was my fast favourite when he auditioned.

by Anonymousreply 35803/01/2013

R355 Thanks, I seem to remember it being worse than that but it was very jokey wasn't it? I'm not very familiar with Popbitch but it seems like it has some fairly well connected insiders giving them stuff. In their last post they had an RIP for a well known journalist (I think?) who had given them gossip.

R356 agreed c, I got all embarrassingly smiley when I heard it. And Nick sounded very cheerful, not out of the ordinary at all to me so was surprised to hear how exhausted he looked? Hm.

by Anonymousreply 35903/01/2013

For anyone interested, the only real evidence I have seen of any of the boys 'experimenting' with each other was a printed quote in a magazine from Zayn, going from (pretty good) memory here but it was along the lines of:

Q - have you ever kissed one of the boys?

A - well, I shouldn't really be telling this but me and Liam were messing around once and we ended up kissing, but it was just a joke, I swear!

I have a photo of it somewhere

by Anonymousreply 36003/01/2013

got it :)

by Anonymousreply 36103/01/2013

Cute PJ but definitely fan service - Zayn's kissed all of them on the cheek in videos I think, he's obviously just affectionate!

I agree with whoever said they were surprised at how tired N looked, he sounded really perky and happy this morning but he barely spoke during the nixtape and looked pretty flat. It could be related to the popbitch article but it seems unlikely, he has a very thick skin, and implying someone who works in showbiz does drugs is hardly outrageous whether he does or not. My guess would just be that his partying from the last few weeks has caught up with him and he's knackered!

One thing I thought I'd mention was that, while I loved the soundclash show and thought it was brilliant and funny, it was interesting how hard Charlie Sloth's team went after Grimmy with their dubplates! Seemed like they had nothing to say about Toddla ha. I also thought that perhaps Toddla didn't say that much about H in particular because he's Annie Mac's partner and therefore definitely close to N. He's in a position to know what was going on for sure.

by Anonymousreply 36203/01/2013

Nick did look a bit in need of a hug this morning. Anyone have a thought about what the secret thing they were being photographed for was? (Tina mentioned it when she wasn't supposed to I think at 8 or 8.30)

And anyone catch Showquizness? Wasn't really paying attention until the caller mentioned being big Bieber fan and Nick asked if she was going to his shows. She said no because her boyfriend didn't want to and Nick did this little thing about how she should go on her own because sometimes popstars fall in love with real people.

I just thought it was cute.

by Anonymousreply 36303/01/2013

N16, I thought Charlie came out of that badly - his Harry disses seemed nasty to me rather than a joke between mates, although he'd already riled me by dissing Toddla T for his 'bird' making more money than he does so maybe I'm being overly sensitive.

by Anonymousreply 36403/01/2013

C which vt did you find cute? I've just read through loads of pages of posts at once and not which you mean

by Anonymousreply 36503/01/2013

I thought Toddla's 'diss' which mentioned Harry/1D was funny, Charlie's was hugely personal and he didn't just say it once but several times. When watching the live stream Charlie seemed like a real sore loser too. The soundclash however made me love Toddla so much more! Seems like such a genuine guy.

by Anonymousreply 36603/01/2013

I didn't listen to this DJ battle thing - what was said re: Nick and Harry?

by Anonymousreply 36703/01/2013

Actually I'm amazed Shotty Horroh's dubplate got on the air at all; it's almost slander at one point. Toddla only seemed to mention One Direction as a whole which was much kinder and more fitting for the nature of the event.

R365 - The attached. It's the bit at 3.30 onwards about Harry and Nick on the rollercoaster and Harry's reaction.

by Anonymousreply 36803/01/2013

Charlie's quips made me uncomfortable and yes, I doubt he is in the know while ToddlaT is very much IN the know. It reminded me a bit of Kelly's comments on Celebrity Juice and on the show...kind of brushing off that oblivious friend? Of course I am so biased in this situation it's not even funny so that could just me reading more into the situation than is there.

R363 Caught Showquizzness, not particularily noteworthy H/N-wise but liked the caller. Thought it was sweet that she said her boyfriend was upset at the lack of mention yesterday because he loved Grimmy so much.

by Anonymousreply 36903/01/2013

R354 See attached tweet from last year (refers to N getting his agent to email around asking for a new TV for him since his broke, lol).

R358 Oh hi! I suppose I just wanted your opinion of them in general, since I remembered you saying you became a fan of N's through liking Nicolo. Did it seem obvious they were an item? Did he even mention him on the radio? Apparently they used to tweet each other a lot. I only became a fan around the middle of 2011 so I missed most of this stuff. It does seem very likely there was something going on there though. I feel like Nicolo is completely the sort of person N would go for. He used to always go on about being attracted to people who are quite aloof like Nicolo is. Have you been lurking all this time? What's your opinion on N/H these days? I can't remember whether you were ever one way or the other on it.

Sorry for all the questions. :)

by Anonymousreply 37003/01/2013

R367 there were two different dubplates on Charlie's part - one was a riff on Thrift Shop and went something like 'Never heard of Toddla T, Grimmy's obsessed with Harry Styles' and then there was one by Shotty Horroh that talked about N fantasising about H, having pictures of celebs on his phone but they all being of H. He then did a VERY good impersonation of Grimmy (it's believable without context which makes it worse!) saying he wanted to take a bath with H etc.

Charlie was right in that normally soundclashes are WAY harsher, but he should have remembered his audience (ie not just 1Xtra) and the time of day! It was close to the bone for pre-watershed content

Toddla's dub had 'One Direction give him an erection' but the song in general was far funnier. N in comparison was saying much tamer stuff - 'Charlie's a wasteman'

by Anonymousreply 37103/01/2013

R370 /Pringe Thanks very much for the attached tweet...wow. Makes me all nervous he's reading this thread. I know people have said he does multiple times but I've always brushed them off as trolls

by Anonymousreply 37203/01/2013

R367 Everything that was said about Harry:

In Toddla's bit, during his one dubplay at the end it went on about how Grimmy does the breakfast show and has to play crap music, then "one direction gives him an erection"

In Charlie's bit, there was a dubplay of Thriftshop where the chorus was just "I wouldn't want to be Toddla T and Grimmy's obsessed with Harry Styles" so that was repeated a lot, and then there was a line about how Grimmy has "pictures of celebrities in separate files but they're all of Harry Styles" that was repeated twice I think.

Then Charlie had another dubplay bit where the guy mocked Nick by saying "My name is Nick Grimshaw, maybe we could chat a while / I want to talk about the fantasies I have for Harry Styles / I want to take a bath with him and lather him with chamomile / lotion in the notion that he quite likes my banter style"

That last bit was what most people thought was over the top, as far I can tell, and I agree that it was pretty unnecessary. Even if it's supposed to be "banter" it's frustrating that Charlie's whole bit seemed just about reinforcing the idea that Nick has this "creepy one-sided obsession" with Harry, I think that's what bugged me the most, because there are so many people who do think that's the case.

by Anonymousreply 37303/01/2013

'Guess who', what's your current view on all this? Your change of heart and distance from the thread was one of things that influenced my change of view? I always assumed you found out more info that lessened the likelihood of H&N being a reality in your opinion?

by Anonymousreply 37403/01/2013

C thanks for the vt link

by Anonymousreply 37503/01/2013

Thanks r371 and r373. What's the obsession with Nick bathing with Harry? Simon Amstell joked about that as well.

by Anonymousreply 37603/01/2013

Going back to Nick looking run down/tired on the Nixtape, I only listened to the first half and he seemed himself this morning, no different. Possibly less hyper, but there was no guests today, so less energy needed.

He also mentioned Wednesday morning that he and Finchy had sore throats, and that it was probably their own faults due to last weeks partying!

by Anonymousreply 37703/01/2013

I was just thinking about when One Direction were on Alan Carr in September and went back to watch the video, and it really struck me how Harry just seems embarassed throughout the whole thing. I know it's their thing that Alan always says something to embarass him, but he's pretty much just ducking and shaking his head at everything throughout this - though I don't blame him, this was a pretty bad interview for Alan, I suspect 1D's team really wanted to play it safe, and they only got questions they'd already been dealing with for months. The only comments directed at Harry were just about cougars/look how many girls you've been out with this week! (Cue pics with Pixie and Alexa). And same with the Natalie Imbruglia story. Sorry, I know this isn't new or anything but I was just thinking about it while waiting for tonight's chattyman and there's something about it that seemed so awkward when I was watching it back.

by Anonymousreply 37803/01/2013

I didn't watch again, R378, but I do remember it being very awkward, yes, particularly for Harry.

by Anonymousreply 37903/01/2013

And in their latest Alan Carr interview when Alan showed the pictures of the people that Harry's been out with someone in the audience shouted : "Nick!" ;)

by Anonymousreply 38003/01/2013

R380 The interview on the link above?

by Anonymousreply 38103/01/2013

Digital Spy have picked up on the popbitch mention. Someone over there is saying they could 'tell' Nick was on something in the pre-Brits party pics - which I don't get, they look like normal showbiz party pics to me.

Someone else is weighing in to say they thought he was on something when he presented Children in Need because he was so hyper.

by Anonymousreply 38203/01/2013

On cocaine or not, Nick really doesn't need this to be in the papers as his target audience are teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 38303/01/2013

R383

Very true. Although if there are rumours now, perhaps someone will have words in time to stop him getting caught. I hate that talk immediately turns to what a bad influence he must be on Harry S.

by Anonymousreply 38403/01/2013

Digital Spy posters are renowned for being a nasty lot in general. There was a thread just to be horrid about Nick on there just recently. They hate everyone and will say anything so I wouldn't give much credence to what is said on the forums there.

by Anonymousreply 38503/01/2013

Harry apparently got hit by a smoke machine at tonight's concert...wow, he can't catch a break really, if true.

by Anonymousreply 38603/01/2013

R386 What?! How does that even happen?! Jeez I hope that's just a rumour, what the hell poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 38703/01/2013

No idea, R387...it's all over twitter and it was in the face apparently...maybe it was just a burst of the smoke. Poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 38803/01/2013

Jamie Winstone on Alan Carr right now...

by Anonymousreply 38903/01/2013

"they're not together, they'd make a hot couple. But it's definitely not true, it's fair to say Harry's not gay"

by Anonymousreply 39003/01/2013

R390 - As an aside - why is her neck so red?

by Anonymousreply 39103/01/2013

Was it awkward or genuine? I,m not watching but this person seemed to suggest otherwise

by Anonymousreply 39203/01/2013

Honestly, I couldn't tell off one watch, might rewind it and rewatch it. I felt awkward nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 39303/01/2013

Was kinda awkward. Red neck = lying blush.

by Anonymousreply 39403/01/2013

The majority of people watching this see Harry as super straight and as a "womaniser" so they'll probably be quite confused about the question.

by Anonymousreply 39503/01/2013

Ugh I know they've been "inviting attention" or whatever and this is hardly the first time someone in the media has commented on it but I'm kind of disappointed in Alan for flat-out asking one of their friends (as if they would say regardless?) when H and N have both not commented on it and not made efforts to deny, etc. Idk, it bothers me that their friends are put in this position, I don't think he should have asked at all - and definitely shouldn't have aired.

by Anonymousreply 39603/01/2013

I haven't seen it, but I agree completely, R396!

by Anonymousreply 39703/01/2013

Lol if she actually compared hanging out with Harry to being like "hanging out with one of the Beatles" I highly doubt she's all that close with either of them.

by Anonymousreply 39803/01/2013

....What was anyone expecting her to say? "Oh yes, they totally are, they're just keeping it mostly a secret right now, but I'm sure they won't mind me blabbing on national television!"

by Anonymousreply 39903/01/2013

There was a bit of a nervous laugh afterwards. Still can't believe how blunt Alan was

by Anonymousreply 40003/01/2013

If Harry's not gay ..I wonder who those Blind item about a boyband who swings both ways are about..I still say Zayn or the wanted Max

by Anonymousreply 40103/01/2013

R399 My sentiments exactly.

by Anonymousreply 40203/01/2013

With this ship I think we win either way. If they're a couple - awesome. If they're just friends, also awesome since Harry seems to cycle through girls quite fast at the moment but Nick is a constant in his life.

by Anonymousreply 40303/01/2013

R396 I agree.

I haven't seen it, but if that was her response it is a weird response, a bit more detailed than necessary, I think. Could be her telling the truth, but I find it hard to believe. I don't want to sound like a "shipper" but to me, it would make a lot more sense if Harry and Nick were together than if they weren't.

by Anonymousreply 40403/01/2013

R400 Yeah that's really the only thing I care about, the fact that Alan actually flat-out asked like that. Maybe he just thinks it's all a joke and thought it would be funny, no one would take it seriously, etc, but with how strong the rumors are if there was any part of him that thought it could be true you think you'd leave it alone...

by Anonymousreply 40503/01/2013

I'm pretty sure nobody was expecting an actual confirmation, R399. It's just a matter of how neutral the denial was and from the comments apparently it really wasn't, but was counter-productive? I haven't watched so I will wait to judge for myself.

by Anonymousreply 40603/01/2013

R402

There's a danger of bias though. If we've already decided they're together, then we're not going to believe anything anyone says (which seems to be how the more extreme parts of the Larry fandom operate).

by Anonymousreply 40703/01/2013

I agree, R404.

by Anonymousreply 40803/01/2013

R407 I,m not 402 but I agree that we need to be careful to not just ignore anything that goes against it, however when there is rather significant stuff pointing to the fact that it could be true I think it would be silly to dismiss all of that because someone denied it on television. Again, what else was anyone expecting?

by Anonymousreply 40903/01/2013

I would say the question was deliberate to enable a response to the rumours without involving H&N.

I'd changed my mind on them a while ago but this seems like an official denial and pretty much confirms to me that it was all rumours. I'm are sure most will disagree.

by Anonymousreply 41003/01/2013

R406, Yeah true, that's a good point, I'm not saying it isn't interesting to see how strong the denial is or how awkward it comes across, but the fact that it *was* a denial shouldn't be surprising people or changing anything, that's all I was saying.

by Anonymousreply 41103/01/2013

And isn't this Millie they tried to link to Harry her friend? This makes it even more awkward really.

by Anonymousreply 41203/01/2013

Maybe Harrys people thought they needed a denia az the rumours were getting really out there and people were beginning to put two and two together.

by Anonymousreply 41303/01/2013

LG, but why wouldn't H or N simply deny if they wanted to officially dismiss the rumors? They're not doing themselves many favours by being silent. If this came from someone very close to them I might be more inclined to believe something like that, but this is a girl who was simply out partying with them last week and got asked about what it was like because people are curious about them.

by Anonymousreply 41403/01/2013

Then I agree, R411.

by Anonymousreply 41503/01/2013

R413 I think that's very possible.

by Anonymousreply 41603/01/2013

I'm not in a position to watch until this hits YouTube - could someone enlighten me as to why she's on Alan Carr? I Googled her and am frankly none the wiser as she seems to just have a famous dad and a string of bit parts.

I'm not saying she seems the tyoe to cling to any passing hot story for publicity...

Oh, wait. I am.

by Anonymousreply 41703/01/2013

R417 I was thinking the same, she wasn't really promoting anything, just talked about past roles and the main topic of discussion was on the "hipster circle" talking about pixie, alexa etc. And to be honest I rarely notice her out with them all? I think she's just a mutual friend of Nick's close friend Emily Sonnett.

by Anonymousreply 41803/01/2013

The fact that she went on to say that she could say he definitely wan't gay makes it more believable to me somehow. She could have just said they weren't a couple and left it at that. The way she added that makes it sound like she has personal reasons to know that for sure (maybe her friend, who knows).

by Anonymousreply 41903/01/2013

Lol Nick just tweeted @grimmers: Graham Norton is wonderful at the television isn't he?

Graham Norton airs same time as Alan Carr doesn't he? I'm taking that as a jibe.

by Anonymousreply 42003/01/2013

R410

I don't think it was a deliberate plant, I think it's just the story of the moment and Jaime Winstone has been linked to it so she was a good person to ask. However I do agree that it was a clear denial and I think it's just been rumours based on a very close friendship (and the fact Nick is gay).

by Anonymousreply 42103/01/2013

R418

Glad it wasn't just me thinking it. I don't recall seeing her before with Nick's circle at all. If she knows Alfie Allen I guess she'd know Lily but apart from that she seems like she'd be at best an acquaintance.

Interestingly, Nick just Tweeted about how awesome Graham Norton is at presenting. Sly dig at Alan or coincidence...?

by Anonymousreply 42203/01/2013

I have not seen it yet.. but what im getting from twitter is most people didnt buy it.

by Anonymousreply 42303/01/2013

Just going to throw out there so someone has that she had Harry's not gay, not that he doesn't sleep with men. Bi is still on the table, folks.

by Anonymousreply 42403/01/2013

Nick has no problem calling people out on twitter (see: katie hind). Obviously he can't be as direct with this but I don't think you can reasonably interpret that tweet as anything else, timing is waaay too coincidental.

by Anonymousreply 42503/01/2013

R425

Maybe he's annoyed that Alan's even asking about it? I don't mean necessarily because it's true, but I get the impression he gets a lot of stick over Harry and it's really gone mad the last week. He might be truly fed up of it, especially if it ISN'T true.

by Anonymousreply 42603/01/2013

Shocked Nick is actually in on a friday night as well!

by Anonymousreply 42703/01/2013

R425

Agreed. The timing of that was too perfect for it to be anything other than Nick taking a swing. And whether he and Harry are together or not, good on him. I love that he has Harry's back.

by Anonymousreply 42803/01/2013

Re: 417. My thoughts exactly. Why was she on Chattyman? No-body knows who she is and Chattyman is a massive Friday night show. The only thing of interest was her connection to N. Now I understand that I need to stay neutral even though I'm convinced they are in a relationship but she was a very strange choice of guest and the show must have given her a reason why they were asking her on. The only reason would have been her connection to N and the Brits/Radio 1 episode.I'm afraid I don't buy it. There have been unprecedented amounts of tweets/newspaper innuendo/radio/TV hints since the birthday really and at any point H or N could have said something but they haven't. Yet a friend of N's who is also an actress gets asked onto a major Friday night show to lay the rumours to rest.

by Anonymousreply 42903/01/2013

R419 - To be honest, that's what I thought made what she was saying sound less truthful to anyone watching. Instead of just saying no, and laughing, which would be normal, she actually uses the word "not" three times in her answer. I am quite sure the question was asked so she could deny it, but really I think she could have handled it in a more believable manner, she is an actress after all.

I agree with R423 there barely seems to have been any mention of it on Twitter, but the ones I have seen, appear not to believe her.

by Anonymousreply 43003/01/2013

I agree, R429. I think even on twitter people were wondering who she was.

by Anonymousreply 43103/01/2013

Having just watched the interview, i would that Carrs questions and her answered were a deliberate response to the rumours and probably the main reason for the interview. She barely spoke about anything else.

It might be the story of the moment but that wasn't a throwaway comment. Carr's questioning on the subject was prolonged and IMO, quite serious in tone for him.

If either H or N were asked directly, it would give the rumours credibility in the way a comedian gossiping to a third party doesn't.

Eitherway, their openess of late seemed very odd. To me it either meant they were together and were trying to be as honest as possible workout actually coming out or they are so platonic that there was no 'risk' in behaving the way they were because there literally is nothing to come out. Given the denial, it has to be the latter IMO.

by Anonymousreply 43203/01/2013

Whatever the truth is, I think it's massively unclassy for her to state what H's sexuality is. He has never said that he is gay or straight, so somebody who is probably not that close to him should not have spoken for him. It's a shame that this even aired, and I really have to wonder if there was some motivation from somewhere.

Very interesting about that N tweet though.

Though this may have been a "denial" there is still too many rumours from pretty reliable sources to complete shut the case on this one.

by Anonymousreply 43303/01/2013

N tweeting about Graham Norton is odd, if one of your 'friends' is on the tv being interviewed surely you'd be inclined to watch it? I'm pretty sure he probably did.

by Anonymousreply 43403/01/2013

LG We get if you dont think they are together so are u going to leave now since u got a denial like u said u were going to do a 2 months ago?

by Anonymousreply 43503/01/2013

*without

by Anonymousreply 43603/01/2013

R433 I agree completely. Her saying that Harry's "definitely not gay" was really unnecessary. He's very private about everything and has never actually stated his own sexuality. Even if he is straight, it's his business and for him to tell if he wants to.

by Anonymousreply 43703/01/2013

But why is N making a dig at Alan if this was a planned way for one of their friends to deny? And why would they go with that instead of N or H simply denying? They've had more than enough opportunities where it would have been perfectly natural and left me questioning it a lot less than this mess, especially since it's obviously been a stress on N especially lately. I don't know N's tweet really makes me think Alan wasn't supposed to go there at all (and same with how people are describing her reaction although I will have to watch and see that). She was probably on because she's been in the papers and she can talk about N and H, they're hot topic right now, sure, but I doubt that was intended as an official press release on their behalf.

by Anonymousreply 43803/01/2013

Possibly Nick's tweet referred to the Olly Murs/Mila Kunis thing (Norton told Kunis that Olly had a crush on her). Greg James tweeted about it too ("Brilliant @grahnort show tonight. #MilaMurs").

by Anonymousreply 43903/01/2013

LG, I've no real opinion on whether they're together or not, but if they're not, why do you think Nick hasn't just said so? It'd take him 10 seconds on air to kill this whole thing.

Obviously there's the old no publicity is bad publicity but why would he let himself run the risk of becoming a footnote to Harry and a joke? IMO, Nick takes his career really seriously, and literally all anyone asks him about these days is Harry. I can't imagine that's great for his ego or his career.

by Anonymousreply 44003/01/2013

Nobody can mention the names Taylor, Louis or Caroline. Taylor was a beard, Louis was the bromance bandmate, and Caroline was PR. And you think you're having openminded discussions? Lol. Dream on. It's Nick, Nick and Nick.

You have this idea in your head of Harry and Nick. You're obsessed with it. Don't think you're more rational than Larry shippers. You are exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 44103/01/2013

e, Winstone wasn't being 'unclassy'.

Whether her answer was truthful or not, i would say there is literally no question that her presence on the show was to deny the rumours. I would put money on it.

(I'm more sure of that than I am about the truthfulness of her answer)

by Anonymousreply 44203/01/2013

I agree, R440. I really can't imagine he would be okay with all these jokes etc... if it weren't true. It wouldn't be worth it and he would be better off denying it in a simple and direct way, but he hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 44303/01/2013

Can't fault her TOO much for saying Harry's definitely not gay if she was genuinely caught off guard, and I'm inclined to believe she was. She probably doesn't know what Harry's said or hasn't said, just that he's only publicly been linked to women.

by Anonymousreply 44403/01/2013

What I can't accept is that N is happy to play up to the 'obsessed with HStyles radio DJ' even though it does him absolutely no favours in the press or with the general public ( we've all seen the horrible things that have been said about him)unless he is in a relationship because he could just have denied the rumours. I also cannot believe H would be insensitive enough to spend so much time with someone who is clearly so besotted with him if that wasn't reciprocated. Has anyone tried to do that? It would be absolutley unbearable for N especially since its being sugested that H regularly sleeps over.

by Anonymousreply 44503/01/2013

It would be SO easy for N to casually dismiss it on-air whenever and I think it's pretty obvious that the rumors/public impression aren't doing him any favours. I don't know I kind of agree with LG that it seems like the whole point of her being there was to discuss H and N but I'm not sure about whether the denial was planned til I see her reaction. If so many people are saying it was awkward though I'd wager she probably wasn't expecting Alan to be quite so direct.

by Anonymousreply 44603/01/2013

LG I agree with everything you said up until the last part, having a third party deny it has many uses to them if they are dating: to shut up the rumors and take some pressure off; to leave the door open to coming out because Harry wont have 'lied' to the media; and to get the idea in peoples heads so it wont be such a shock when they find out.

Well thats how I see it anyway, they couldn't let the media build up go on really, it was all getting very intense very quickly.

Also, the way Jamie talked about Harry, how they chose a photo where he was looking rather worse for wear and she talked about the craziness surrounding him at the moment, makes me think that it was also a message to the media to lay off a bit.

Of course it could be a terribly misconstrued friendship, but I think there is too much awkwardness, both on Nicks part and Jamie tonight, for that to be true. I'm sure if it wasn't a thing they would both just laugh it off sarcastically, they are obviously very socially able people.

by Anonymousreply 44703/01/2013

R445 I agree with everything u said.. I just cant see Nick playing that up and not denying it if something isnt going on... because its not that hard to deny the rumours.

by Anonymousreply 44803/01/2013

I think this was completely set up by Harry's PR people in direct response to the recent growing rumours. A minor actress and somewhat friend gets asked onto a popular show, is basically asked virtually no other questions relating to her acting parts and she's steered into this denial. She seemed uncomfortable and less than truthful with her response, hence the 'proteth too much' over compensating answer. If at a later date it comes out that indeed Harry and Nick are together she can always respond that she had no idea. Something that neither Harry or Nick could do if they were to publically deny their relationship then decide they want to go public. I think PR pushed this denial quite strongly and Nick played the game but passively agressively showed his feelings by his Graham Norton tweet.

by Anonymousreply 44903/01/2013

Obvious personal theory here, but Nick's tweet could be him just being passive-aggressive about it. Maybe he didn't want a denial. I agree with LG about it possibly being a deliberate public denial, but considering everything there's still a lot of room for doubt about the veracity of her answer. If the denial was planned my guess is the idea came from 1D's front and I think maybe Nick and probably even Harry weren't on board with that.

by Anonymousreply 45003/01/2013

R440, no idea. Half of this doesn't make sense and some of those tweets really do seem believeable to me.

Regardless, there is no way the H&N conversion wasn't deliberate. As for her reaction, I can't tell whether she is being genuine or not.

by Anonymousreply 45103/01/2013

R449 Ha! As you can see I agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 45203/01/2013

*conversation

by Anonymousreply 45303/01/2013

Here's a radical thought. Maybe Nick was just watching GN and enjoying it. Maybe this thread can go back to discussing Nick instead of him being incidental to the Harry Styles story. They are just mates. Let's move on.

by Anonymousreply 45403/01/2013

Good points, PJ, R449 and R450. I completely agree.

by Anonymousreply 45503/01/2013

r449 agree so much, said what I couldn't put into words

Also don't think we should read too much into Nick's tweet, so many explanations and each with so much weight behind it.

by Anonymousreply 45603/01/2013

thanks r455 glad to see I'm making sense :)

by Anonymousreply 45703/01/2013

Nicks tweet wasn't that odd. he's one of the Co hosts for Graham's comic relief show, he may have just been showing his support.

Nick has had many opportunities to deny the rumours, yesterday was one of them. Keith lemons comment during his interview 'looks like something is going on, more than friends'. Nick could have easily replied with, 'we're definitely just friends' but instead he chose to ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 45803/01/2013

If I was a radio DJ and I wanted to attract young listeners, I would hate it if my name was everywhere in the papers. Especially if I was being called 'the BFF of Harry Styles'. Horrible idea.

by Anonymousreply 45903/01/2013

R449 seems most likely/believable to me. Her presence on the show makes no sense, not promoting anything and biggest claim to relevancy simply that she partied with them last week. I wouldn't be surprised if N did find stuff like this annoying, I do feel pretty bad for him if they're legitimately together and have to cover it up so much even though he himself already came out, I imagine that would be frustrating. Whatever works best for them though. I don't know, I'm a fan of both and I love how important they clearly are to each other, and how obvious that is to people around them, and how N doesn't let up even though he gets mocked about it etc. I just hope they're happy whatever the case.

by Anonymousreply 46003/01/2013

Anyone know if she was promoted at all about being on the show tonight? Because I listened to Alan's lengthy interview with Greg James on the radio this afternoon and when he mentioned guests a few times he never said her name once.

To add to everyone saying that it was weird that she pretty much only talked about Harry/primrose gang, were we not saying earlier how much gets cut from Alan Carr interviews? They know that this is more interesting than some of her chat about past projects so its kind of a no brainer. On the other hand, and I'm saying this a someone who has not watched it, I am equally confused how they are explaining why she was on in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 46103/01/2013

r457 was me

by Anonymousreply 46203/01/2013

LG- She was certainly was very uncomfortable when she was giving her answer. She over-compensated with the length of her reply, and her neck suddenly became so noticeably red that I actually commented on that alone earlier, both of which are normally standard signs of someone not telling the truth. Given that it comes after a week of increased interest in them I do think it was preplanned, although in my view misguided, but then that could be said of much of the PR around Harry.

by Anonymousreply 46303/01/2013

R461 - I saw nothing in the press at all. The only thing I saw about her being on the show was the tweet about the recording that mentioned she had been asked about Nick and Harry. Given that they attached the hashtag "awkwardturtle" one wonders if even the answer we saw had to be edited too.

by Anonymousreply 46403/01/2013

That's a good point C, about the possible editing.

by Anonymousreply 46503/01/2013

C, I agree there were moments where she looked awkward but her response was such that I couldn't say for sure she was being either truthful or dishonest. Add to that the fact that she's an actress and it's impossible to say.

It was a planned denial though, no doubt about it. (The only other thing I've been this sure on in this whole story was that Haylor was fake)

by Anonymousreply 46603/01/2013

461. I think if she'd been mentioned the general reaction would have been 'who is she'. I did see a tweet from someone who was at the show who said she'd been boring. She's just not someone you would have on Chattyman or Graham Norton on a Friday night. I'm agreeing with everyone else here who has said N is not coming out of the rumours well ( I even saw him being accused of grooming H in a tweet today) and with the platform he has he could have dealt with them but he hasn't. As someone said he could have laughed off the relationship with Keith Lemon yesterday but he didn't. He is in charge of the country's biggest breakfast show but he is being made to look like a lovesick, obsessed sap and if he wasn't in a relationship with H I just can't think of any reason why he wouldn't have addressed them.

by Anonymousreply 46703/01/2013

In light of this, what's everyone thinking with regard to the interview Nick did with heat this week? Would he make an official denial in a mag like that?

by Anonymousreply 46803/01/2013

Thanks c and R467. Good points all round. R467 you pretty much read my mind with your post.

What I don't get is why he wouldn't deny it even if it was true; surely the backlash for them lying would be better than this constant speculation, teasing and innuendo? And we have discussed how even if they are together they aren't likely to come out any time soon, and by the time Harry would even be able to be seen as anything but straight there's no telling if H/N would even be together at that point! If they did deny a relationship now and were accused of lying later they could just say they weren't together at that time.

by Anonymousreply 46903/01/2013

R468 my first thought that the interview was to promote his new TV show and comic relief, but now...I can't him not being asked about it. We'll have to see.

by Anonymousreply 47003/01/2013

r468 good point!! I thought at the time that there isn't really much he has coming up that he would need to talk to the press about... actually it could be about his new talk show, would he choose heat to talk to about that though? And would the subject of H come up anyway?

eyes peeled :)

by Anonymousreply 47103/01/2013

**was that and **see him

by Anonymousreply 47203/01/2013

He's one of the people doing that comic relief thing with Graham. Promo tweet.

by Anonymousreply 47303/01/2013

I think that one thing I have learnt tonight is that, if they are together, they aren't planning on coming out any time soon

by Anonymousreply 47403/01/2013

R471

I would love it if Nick were just talking about what he did for Comic Relief (anyone have a hint on what that is? I'm kind of looking forward to seeing him be serious, whatever it is) and his new show and the journo seemed to have found him charming, which is great... but I can't see them not asking about Harry since they were the people who ran the ridiculous clothes sharing story IIRC :/.

by Anonymousreply 47503/01/2013

PJ - Well after all the trouble they went to with Taylor I don't think it was ever the plan for them to come out on the eve of a World tour. Hopefully things will calm down now, and the lack of big social events will provide the press with less fodder. If nothing else poor Harry appears to be providing them with something to write about by being hit by something new and unexpected nearly every concert.

R475 - It was Boyd Hilton who did the interview so there is some hope that that will be the case.

by Anonymousreply 47603/01/2013

PJ, R447, what is it about the last part of my post R432, that you disagree with? The fact that H&N's openess can no longer be explained as an attempt at being honest about being a couple is what swung me back towards thinking they're just friends. Rather than the denial itself (par for the course with a 'secret' 'controversial' relationship so meaningless on its own)

I'm genuinely interested in other explanations for their open behaviour (amid such rumours) other than the one I concluded? (that they actually have nothing to hide)

by Anonymousreply 47703/01/2013

Well, LG, they might want to be more open while their management disagrees...it's not like they can actually prohibit Harry from hanging out with Nick though.

by Anonymousreply 47803/01/2013

Just got home and watched Carr and re-listened to Soundclash. Am utterly perplexed.

by Anonymousreply 47903/01/2013

JJ same... what do u think?

by Anonymousreply 48003/01/2013

Harry's openness is for whatever reasons he chooses, I don't think we can really make any conclusions about that. There's still a difference between going along with some PR to get attention off you (which we obviously saw with Taylor anyway so that's not new) and being unwilling to actually lie himself and deny a relationship if it does exist. Harry has always been tight-lipped about denials like that and I have a hard time believing he wouldn't have said anything at some point to shrug it off. The only denial he ever made that's somewhat relevant was saying "no" when asked if he and Louis had ever kissed, but even amidst all the hype there he never made any denials or comments about his sexuality, and that's why I'm also just really uncomfortable hearing a random acquaintance comment on it, especially since people are already taking that as word now as #confirmation, etc, when it's still not his voice. He's 19 years old and in a really confusing situation no matter what and I'm just reluctant to let other people talk for him about things like this I guess.

by Anonymousreply 48103/01/2013

LOL c. Harry's only getting whacked by things as he absently stands or twirls into their path, the numpty. The others are perfectly fine. It's wince-inducingly entertaining tho.

by Anonymousreply 48203/01/2013

I'm not sure they are being that open, LG.

Sure, there was the pre-Brit dinner photo op and Nick going to the show but he seemed pretty awkward in the fan pics and they've also been demonstrably sneaky of late (ie, Harry went to Annie Mac's for the Beyonce film thing but that was kept quiet and Nick was pictured on his way there with Ian and we only pieced together Harry was there too later). If there was literally nothing going on between them but friendship, once the immediate security/privacy risks of mentioning Harry's location, why wouldn't they all say 'oh and Harry Styles was there too'?

by Anonymousreply 48303/01/2013

In regards to Nick benefitting with a teenage audience associating him with Harry, I still don't think it makes sense to not deny a relationship, even just casually laugh it off. He could still play the best friend card (which I'm sure a lot of teen Harry fan girl listeners would prefer anyway!) and also mention him in stories more often instead of not even telling the audience that it was Harry Styles. So no, I don't think he's just reaping the publicity benefits of this because there really aren't any with the way he's chosen to handle it if he doesn't actually have a relationship to protect.

by Anonymousreply 48403/01/2013

I don't think they expected to receive quite as much attention as they did the night of the brits - and it was all pap pics anyway. They didn't pose together at after parties, they kept a bit of distance between them leaving and they made sure to have girls around them all night (not just Millie and Emily and Jaime, but Harry had other girls around him at other after parties, which was part of my skepticism about the Millie thing). The fact that Jaime was part of their "look we're partying with a group of friends it's not just the two of us going back to nick's" entourage just makes the Alan Carr thing more eyebrow-raising for me.

by Anonymousreply 48503/01/2013

R483, i guess secrecy can be about hiding behaviour that an be misconstrued as much as can be about hiding a secret.

That said, despite my post R410 (a knee jerk reaction really) my views are still all over the shop on this. I see plenty of reasons to believe they are simply friends but as many to suggest they are more.

by Anonymousreply 48603/01/2013

LG, mine are too and I hope I don't come across as confrontational because that's not my intent at all.

I guess at this point I've just run out of reasons why either of them would hide behaviour like going to see a movie with a mate after the fact and any security risk had passed (which would apply both in the Beyonce case and the Perks Of Being a Wallflower case). Granted, no one is entitled to know their movements or to be privy to their interactions but if they are just mates, I feel 'me and a bunch of mates including this quite famous person called Harry went to see a film' plays better than trying to hide it and having this web of speculation to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 48703/01/2013

I wonder if after this, Nick is going to tone down his Harry aka "my friend" mentions and those made by the rest of the team or the callers on the show.

by Anonymousreply 48803/01/2013

R487, you didn't, don't worry. I guess we're all just trying to work out what to make of it (My views change on a daily basis!)

by Anonymousreply 48903/01/2013

R4888

I think he has, but if guests and callers bring it up I'm not sure what he can do about it other than have Matt/Fiona tell them specifically not to mention it (which could get out and become a story on its own - 'I called in to play Showquizness and all I got was a speech about not mentioning Harry Styles' etc)

by Anonymousreply 49003/01/2013

Now having watched the interview on Alan Carr, I am convinced she was booked to go on and deny N and H being a couple. To me she looked uncomfortable from start to finish. It may have been the way the program was edited, I mean she could have said more, we just don't know. But I was left wondering just what the hell she was doing there. The excessive blinking when she was specificity asked if N and H were a couple was very telling to me. It wasn't her place to comment on someone's sexuality. (in my opinion) I think this is H PR trying to dispel the rumours that seem to be gathering momentum.

We'll probably see less of N and H now that the tour has started which is a shame but perhaps it'll give them both a little respite from the crap the press and the comments readers have been spouting of late. The one about N possibly grooming H was particularly nasty.

by Anonymousreply 49103/01/2013

I have to chime in after reading here for the past week and following Nick and Harry since August. I go back and forth on whether I think they're dating or platonic. After last week I was almost positive that they're together and done with hiding it but after Jaime's response I'm not so sure.

If they are strictly friends, I'm not surprised that neither have denied the rumors because they both seem to follow the "don't complain, don't explain" rule which I think is smart. And they have both stated they're single recently.

Whether friends or more, I'm also not surprised Nick is so secretive about the time he spends with Harry (Beyonce, bake off, etc.). He won't want to encourage rumors but I think the main reason is if he names Harry he will be criticized for name-dropping. He rarely names any of his famous friends (Kate Moss, Lilly, Alexa, even Pixie)when he talks about hanging out with friends for this reason I think. Luckily for us, Harry seems to be his only male friend he won't name so when he uses gender-neutral pronouns or "he" we are probably safe in assuming "my friend" is Harry. Sorry for the length, just couldn't hold my thoughts in any longer. I enjoy reading all your posts but we are all a bunch of crazies!

by Anonymousreply 49203/01/2013

I'm about 99% sold on them being together and for a moment last week I actually saw a coming out as a possibility. They were being so obvious and carefree that I thought, hey maybe they're just waiting for people to put 2 and 2 together. Now, after this girl's comment I'm pretty sure a coming out is out of the question. And I'll be honest, a part of me thinks they might have considered coming out but they decided or were forced to not go through with it.

by Anonymousreply 49303/01/2013

R492 I agree about the secrecy he uses in his radio stories with Harry not being out of the ordinary or an indication of anything on some levels. It must be a hard thing to balance, since he has to appeal to teenage listeners and knows that any mention or promo of Harry/1D will both draw them in and make him seem more "obsessed" to the general public.

I try to ask myself what I think would be his MOD if they were strictly friends only and just end up going in circles...

I could buy them as just mates if it weren't for the insider tweets and stories if I'm being honest. So many of things we find suspicious can be explained away and for me, I know that after all I've seen I can't be objective. A lot of this has ventured into tinhatting "shipping" territory (which I do too to be fair).

That being said, I'm still following this thread and feel far too invested to consider leaving anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 49403/01/2013

L, I agree.

Nick has always been discreet about his more famous pals, but I don't recall him ever being seriously romantically linked to anyone in the past. I remember the tabloids thinking he was with Alexa and/or Kelly and some vaguely love-rat stories, but nothing that persisted like the Harry stuff has amd the volume of it makes me doubt it's all false.

by Anonymousreply 49503/01/2013

They still don't do anything beyond what friends could feasibly do, in the open. As far as what she said on the show, maybe she witnessed Harry being "not gay" that night. I think Nick denying it would very awkward for him. Those are my two cents.

by Anonymousreply 49603/01/2013

This whole thing is just confusing me...

by Anonymousreply 49703/01/2013

Any chance that Jamie didn't know what she was being brought on for? Maybe they told her she was coming on the show to talk about her social circle and then sprung this question on her. Would explain the awkwardness on her end as I don't see why she wouldn't just completely laugh it off if it wasn't real

Maybe Alan was trying to avoid having to deal with 1D's management teams - rumor was that he was very angry at how much of his interview with them he had to cut - by asking Jamie on. This might be stretching it but I'm not on here for objective opinions: I like the confirmation bias and the crazy theories because at the end of the day it's just gossip and Harry and Nick being together is more entertaining than the rags being right about "womanizer" Harry.

As a side note I thought it was interesting that Jamie's comment echoed Jonathan's comment that Harry is "definitely not gay" which always came across to me as tongue in cheek.

Harry doesn't seem to chat up girls when drunk (or we would have gotten a picture by now) so I doubt he hooked up with a girl in front of Jamie while tottering after Nick all night.

by Anonymousreply 49803/01/2013

To be fair, I don't think Harry is gay. I really can't imagine him being strictly into men. To me he's either bisexual or just a try-anything-once kind of guy.

by Anonymousreply 49903/01/2013

Harry does chat up girls when drunk, and there have been photos.

by Anonymousreply 50003/02/2013

I've always thought Harry is bi, also in my opinion Harry and Nick have something going on, Im not sure if its a relationship or just friends having fun.. either way they seem important to each other and I think that is all we will ever know unless they get caught or Harry says something many years down the line..

by Anonymousreply 50103/02/2013

Giving my two cents in this;

First i have to say,i wish we could just enjoy their relationship without all the media attention and the drama.Yes i know it's impossible given how big of a star H is right now but i don't like them being discreet about their meetings,even though i know they spend much time together we don't know of(and there's lots to prove this),i like it when we get a confirmation,a fan who saw them or a blurry photo etc.

If it's real it must be hard for them not being able to be open about what they have,and if it's not real it must be hard not being able to hang out without people reading more into it.Nick is a very private person who,very much like Harry,likes to keep a neutral attitude towards rumors; even his coming out was very "silent" and not at all the focus of the interview.I think,if they deny it,it's going to be a forced move from their PR/management.

The thought that Nick likes the rumors because it attract young listeners is rather ridiculous; it does him no favours in the press or with the general public and he tries to ignore all Harry mentions on the show or avoid questions about him in interviews.Many see him as a joke already and we know he dislikes being called a "celebrity hanger-on" as many have blamed him to be before with the cases of Alexa or Henry etc.Yes he's had chances of denying it but as i said already he's very private and doesnt like commenting on rumors.I doubt he likes being known as the DJ "obsessed with HS" or having articles calling him "creepy" and "weird".

I didn't like Jaime's interview; she shouldn't have commented on the situation at all nor comment on H's sexuality.Maybe the whole thing was planned,maybe not but there was no reason for her to comment on somebody else's life.

There have been many celebrities who denied gay rumors and or/relationships and in some occassions it was an honest denial and the rumors were false but in others it later turned out that the rumors were true,i don't know what to make of this really.

One last thing; i find the whole Styles/Lawrence thing a complete PR nonsense and i don't see how they could date when she's fimling "The Hunger Games" and whatever other project she's working on and H being on tour but i must say they'd make a lovely and fun couple!

by Anonymousreply 50203/02/2013

LG couldn't reply to your r477 till now but heres my explanation for their 'openness' that you believe means their relationship has to be platonic:

When you look at all the articles and pap photos it may seem as if they are being open, but I think that is more of the stirring and intrigue around them than their own doing. In my view, they are acting like a secretive couple who don't want public opinion to ruin what they have. They continue to do act as a couple at events etc, but try not do anything that would give the papers a story to run. When when it's getting loads of attention despite this effort, a third party denial will quieten things down.

by Anonymousreply 50303/02/2013

It's about his image, the association with Nick and his friends. He wants a solo career.

He is not gay.

by Anonymousreply 50403/02/2013

Jamie hinted at drugs on the show as well, which I thought was interesting

by Anonymousreply 50503/02/2013

How, PJ? I still haven't managed to watch.

by Anonymousreply 50603/02/2013

PJ - I nearly spat my drink when I heard that. The whole thing was spectacularly odd. I do wonder if the popbitch comment about Nick came from that interview.

Would imagine a Kate Moss style pic of N and H would be worth more that anything worldwide right now.

by Anonymousreply 50703/02/2013

R506 - talked about drinking lots of coca-cola to keep them going.

by Anonymousreply 50803/02/2013

Thanks, R508.

by Anonymousreply 50903/02/2013

Yeah, she didn't have any problems with insinuating that! Which is much more eyebrow raising in my view. Not sure what that means.

I expected there to be a few articles this morning, but the press seems to be completely silent on the matter. Does this surprise anyone else? Or would you have expected that?

My first thought at the frank 'Harry's not gay' comment was that it was said to be an easy quote that couldn't be questioned in meaning.

by Anonymousreply 51003/02/2013

Well, PJ, either it was too late for them to write about for today or most didn't buy it...I'm hoping for the latter.

by Anonymousreply 51103/02/2013

So is Nick like the celebrity drug dealer? Is that why Harry keeps close to him? Why would a 19 year old boy who is straight hang out with an older very flamboyant gay men if they're not lovers? It just seems odd to me ..does he supply the drugs to his celebrity friends?

by Anonymousreply 51203/02/2013

R512 The strange thing is that if you just watched that interview with no prior knowledge that is the sort of impression you would get, or at least that drugs are part of the reason for their friendship anyway

by Anonymousreply 51303/02/2013

R512 there has never been any suggestion of that. In fact I you read the digiSpy and popbitch blinds back in December you'd see the reverse is implied. Am guessing you picked this up from some of the nastier sorts on tumblr or the 1D boards?

There are several reasons for such a relationship, H's ambition and access to the elite London pack being just one.

For the record, it's almost impossible to exist in this type of London media and not be either doing or with people drinking coca-cola. Some people manage it but tend not to be as involved in the social scene. I haven't been into that scene for 5 or 6 years but it was absolutely the norm with some of the guys I spent time with.

It doesn't imply they do or don't partake but we probably need to inject a little realism into that area.

by Anonymousreply 51403/02/2013

I don't think the press will run any stories about the interview. What angle would they take, "Oh look, despite our little insinuations to the contrary, Jaime Winstone says Harry isn't gay?"

Speaking of which the Daily Star seem to be implying that they don't think Harry's relationship with Taylor was real. Strange timing.

R512 - No, on all counts. (After all, whatever you might think of Nick, do you really think in the current climate the BBC didn't do a few checks.....)

by Anonymousreply 51503/02/2013

I'm from the H is bi camp because unlike alot of you on here I think he did have a relationship with CF and the besotted puppy dog way he acted towards her in all the videos I've seen was what convinced me (and everyone else)that Taylor was PR. I'm also convinced he is in a relationship with N. Either Jaimie Winstone was asked onto Chattyman in her own right , was thrown by the questions and that was why she looked so awkward (and gave the stock answer to the q re: Hs sexuality) or she was on to make a formal denial and looked awkward bc. she was lying. Either way I didn't believe her and as she herself said N is a good friend but not a best friend and she didn't even mention H as a good friend so she was hardly in a position to make such an adamant statement about his sexuality unless she was thrown by the q or had been told what to say. I also agree with a previous poster who said they felt we were leading up to a 'coming out' for the relationship. I just had a gut feeling but this now seems very unlikely. We've also still got the Boy George comments which are clearly aimed at H and I do think he is in a position to know since and he seems to know probably Ns best friend Aimee. She would have seen his tweet and surely if he was wrong she would have said something . But he then proceeded to post the photo and 'hat' comment and Sadie Frost, another close friend of Ns just tweets thats she's excited to see him at the Roundhouse. I have to say that I think he would be a more reliable source than most we have seen.

by Anonymousreply 51603/02/2013

R512 just re-read my post and realised it comes across confrontational so apologies, just seen some pretty nasty stuff floating around and get annoyed! Clearly am still hungover.

This whole thing is weird from beginning to end. And by beginning I mean all the way back to 2010 when Nick and friends were already tweeting about H.

If they were in a physical relationship, that would explain at least some of the strange press moves.

by Anonymousreply 51703/02/2013

I agree with most of your points, R516. I wasn't really involved in this topic/fandom during the Caroline time, so while I think it was PR as well, I'm not as set on that opinion as the rest. It could have been more.

I definitely agree about Boy George. He gains nothing really by saying what he did. He was already in the middle of arguing with everyone twitter and this can't have made him anymore appealing to many 1D fans on twitter. I do also think that he is in a position to know and the way he phrased everything implies to that he is basing his statements on knowledge he has, not an assumption.

C, thanks for the link. That's actually an interesting interview.

I like this bit in particular, haha: “What he said was: ‘We’re always on the road but my heart is at home and I want a ship.’”

I know it's just a general statement, but I will take it as more, because I want to :).

by Anonymousreply 51803/02/2013

Perhaps the timing of the Daily Star article has something to do with the rumours about Taylor and Ed Sheeran that sprang up yesterday? Wouldn't be surprised if the Harry/Taylor story turned into 'we were only ever friends, the media got it wrong' and I buy them as genuinely into each other far more than I bought Harry with her.

The ship tattoo story is a really nice one, though (and interesting because Harry's first port of call when he gets home is Nick).

by Anonymousreply 51903/02/2013

Re: 515 That interview with the tattooist is the only interview we've had from someone who actually saw H/T together other than the account from the pub owner in Cheshire who also said they didn't come across like a couple and of course it backs up all the video footage we've seen of Hs demeanour with T. Still can't decide if H ended the stunt early or it was meant to end that acrimoniously but anyway.. What is a bit strange is that H always goes to this tattooist in LA and he inks alot of celebs. so you would think he would have got Hs permission before giving that interview ( indeed he has nothing but nice things to say about H). So why would H want that sort of interview given. Maybe he now wants to distance himself from the whole PR stunt. I certainly think he was as embarrassed by it as everyone else and it still upsets me that an 18 year old boy could be pushed into a stunt like that but it also sort of reinforces the power management/label must have over him which is relevant to him and N.

by Anonymousreply 52003/02/2013

Anyone else notice that H has said he's moving which is why he is buying pieces of art. To be honest apart from the fact he stays with N and Lou Teasdale I'm a bit confused as to where his '2 posh homes' (according to ed sheeran) are anyway and I think the only pap photos of him leaving a property were when he was seen coming out of what appeared to be an apartment complex from which a couple of his sisters friends had been seen leaving the night before.

by Anonymousreply 52103/02/2013

Hey R521

Flat in East London bought in Feb 12.. Bigger place in Hampstead Borders (I think-help me out N16) bought in Sept but I suspect sitting relatively empty. He was spotted there a bit during the festive season.

I would imagine moving between all these places allows him to avoid the paps more easily. They can't watch everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 52203/02/2013

R522 & R521

I recall a red carpet vid where someone asked H about the tabloids publishing pics of his new house and him saying, "yeah, that wasn't ideal." Which is as close as I think I've ever heard him come to openly criticising the papers. Not surprised he's moving. Hopefully no one will basically give away his address this time.

by Anonymousreply 52303/02/2013

Yeah East London (supposedly Hoxton but I think that's just because Flack lives there) and one in Hampstead that's kind of Golders Green way. I don't think he spends any time at the flat and is rarely at the other one. Lou and Tom live in Stokey, used to be more over Camden way, N in Primmy Hill obviously.

I feel for him, Liam Niall and Louis live in private, and although people know where Zayn lives they only stalk him out if Perrie's around. It would SUCK to have people outside your house. I remember reading interviews with Keira Knightley when she was really big news and she would have panic attacks :(

by Anonymousreply 52403/02/2013

Good point R515.

Something else that strikes me as odd is that N supposedly has a new TV show coming up, but IIRC none of the articles have even mentioned that. If N's people were in any way involved, they'd at least get a line about that in to capitalise on how this has raised his profile, wouldn't they?

by Anonymousreply 52503/02/2013

N16, what are your views on H&N following the denial on Alan Carr?

by Anonymousreply 52603/02/2013

This may have already been mentioned but its nice to see the relevance of H drawing a pic. of Marge Simpson when asked to draw a pic. of his ideal woman in the Cosmo article now we know that N is obsessed with the Simpsons ( he also of course in that same interview said that in a previous life he would have been in a girlband)!

by Anonymousreply 52703/02/2013

I forgot about that, R527, haha.

by Anonymousreply 52803/02/2013

Haven't managed to watch it yet LG so don't really have one until then. I haven't seen or heard anything my end to suggest they've broken up and as I've stated before I believe it's 100% on... so I don't know.

I agree with you that it would seem Jaime has only been invited on to address the rumours as she is a total nobody/party girl and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have another rubbish film out.

Wouldn't be the first time someone has lied about a relationship before, but like I said, haven't watched it yet!

by Anonymousreply 52903/02/2013

I'm glad to hear that N16 and I'm with you there. It hasn't changed my mind at all and I did watch it a little while ago.

by Anonymousreply 53003/02/2013

Chatty man is up on youtube 4oD from last night

by Anonymousreply 53103/02/2013

Thanks R531 do you know roughly what time she's on it? At work so can't really watch the full thing!

by Anonymousreply 53203/02/2013

Thanks N16. Let us know what you think when you've watched it.

There is no doubt in my mind that it was staged. I'm just not sure what I make of her response.

by Anonymousreply 53303/02/2013

About 18.20 onwards

by Anonymousreply 53403/02/2013

Another tweet; this time from a self proclaimed "North London gay guy".

by Anonymousreply 53503/02/2013

Ok well it was certainly bizarre, she had absolutely nothing to say, and all the chat was about her social life and dad...

She was very uncomfortable talking about the Brits in general, and didn't really make much sense when she was talking about why N stopped his interview with H. Her neck was so red, she was definitely feeling the heat!

Hard to know why she was there other than to answer that question. It was pretty much the only direct q Alan asked her. I think her comment 'it's fair to say H isn't gay' sounded like assumption on her part.

Really not sure what to make of the whole thing!

Still think they're together though. I've heard from too many people I trust and have no reason to lie.

by Anonymousreply 53603/02/2013

Thanks, C.

Thanks, N16. After the Brits you said your friend said "I told you so," did anyone comment after this "interview"?

by Anonymousreply 53703/02/2013

I agree, N16. It sounded like an assumption based on Harry's public image. I still find it very intrusive, I'd be so pissed if someone went on tv to comment on my sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 53803/02/2013

R537 no, but I don't know anyone who watches Chattyman so it wouldn't be expected!

by Anonymousreply 53903/02/2013

Harry according to Liam rarely opens up to them, so I'd be surprised if he did to Jaime Winstone. I know she was probably under a lot of pressure but she should have left it at "no they're definitely not together" instead of elaborating on his sexuality, because really not even Harry could know at this point, but I guess pushing his heterosexuality is beneficial.

by Anonymousreply 54003/02/2013

Haha, N16, thanks :). I don't live in the UK, so I can't really judge who would be watching :). I've maybe watched one episode and not completely and didn't actually find it that amusing.

by Anonymousreply 54103/02/2013

N16 - To be fair to her, whether she knew the question was coming in advance or not what other answer could she give. Anything but a flat out denial outs Harry, and whether she knows either of them well enough (she plainly doesn't know Harry well, and she referred to her friends as being Henry Holland and Nick's friend Emily, rather than so much Nick himself) to know the complete truth she must know enough to know that they are not "publicly" together.

Having said that I did get the impression from her body language, and "over-answering" that she knew she wasn't telling the truth. If she genuinely thought they were just close friends why would the question be difficult for her.

by Anonymousreply 54203/02/2013

N16, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 54303/02/2013

c yeah I agree, I'm not having a go at her, if she'd have outed them or stuttered over it it would have been worse, she gave a pretty good answer, but I do think she should have stopped after saying no! I did like that she thought they looked cute together though (tinhat on)

Is she with Hackford Jones?

I've actually met her before and honestly she seems incredibly uncomfortable in that interview, the whole time. She knows why she's there. She's pretty matey with N though, I would say they know each other quite well, she's not just a hanger on.

by Anonymousreply 54403/02/2013

I was just about to ask if she was with Hackford Jones!

by Anonymousreply 54503/02/2013

Hey,

Pretty sure she's not- they specialise in music and UK mainstream I think (very ITV centric) Ant and Dec, NDubz,

by Anonymousreply 54603/02/2013

Looked it up on their website and she doesn't seem to be there. They don't have a lot of general actors/actresses that I could see. More entertainment presenters and musical acts.

by Anonymousreply 54703/02/2013

Well the overriding impression for me is that someone is getting their mates/colleagues/contacts to go on a well-known television show and squash what could only be organised questions about it.

It's so badly timed and leftfield (she goes on to talk about Harry and Nick?) off the back of a ton of blind items and gossiping, including Graham Norton and other higher profile publications all nodding and winking. On the slight chance she had no idea then I guess she's either treading the safe path, that may be genuinely what she knows or believes, she's protecting friends, etc.

This has an air of pantomime about it. It always did but moreso now. It really seems as if anything to do with being gay is a dirty word where One Direction are concerned.

Unless it is to now distance Nick Grimshaw and Harry. It should come as no surprise that 'Jaime Winstone' is among popular internet searches/trends at present. Last week I bet most One D fans didn't know who the lady was.

by Anonymousreply 54803/02/2013

Pretty obvious damage control after the press has been having a field day with everything about them lately. Way of making a denial without H or N actually having to deny it, even though N especially has had perfect chances recently. Can't decide whether or not she really seemed awkward (but odd how much she gushed about how they'd be so hot, so cute, etc. only to then stress Harry's sexuality) but she was definitely there for that purpose. Damage control. Interesting to see how it goes over whether it makes a difference to popular opinion or not. Alan definitely seemed a bit jokey about it though, like they could play it safe and play it off as a joke later.

by Anonymousreply 54903/02/2013

I believe that the main reason Jaime was on the show was to deny the rumors,as others have pointed out she wasn't there to promote a project or talk about her work.It was definitely planned and i bet H/N knew about it but i can't see them being okay with it,not that they have a chance.

I think,in the end,all they achieved was to give ground for more speculations,from what i've seen no one really believed her and a blind man could see how ill planned the whole thing was.I'm sure many saw her denial as a confirmation that something is indeed going on between H/N.

It's sad that we live in 2013 and celebrities (or their PR/management) still feel the need to comment on gay rumors out of all the rumors surrounding them.

by Anonymousreply 55003/02/2013

R549, yeah, I mean I think this is another response to what we are all seeing around us, which has really blown up and taken off lately.

That 'Harry is gay' (rightly or wrongly) and/or 'may be with Nick' has moved from a corner of the internet gossiping to actual adults, industry people, actors, PR reps, openly talking about it among themselves. It's gone more live in the past few weeks than I've ever known it. Add the pair of them acting like a couple practically very night and Harry's gay marriage nod and it's a headache for someone at Corporate Towers no doubt, someone who wants to open a new One D merchandise store or is footing the bill for som 3D extravaganza? It's a valid point I'd think...

I always feel this boils down to one simple issue. If your PR people have been conscripted on a hefty retainer from the start to represent you in a certain way, and their position relies on that image staying strong, then I think much of what we see in terms of 'damage control' is as a result of such an agreement, more than the people themselves caring all that much.

One Direction is still less about the individual and more about a hive of nice little robots marching in time to the ringing of cashiers tills. That's not the boys faults, and I doubt they ever imagined a, they'd be this big b, they'd be signing their lives away as a collective when thy came for their auditions.

by Anonymousreply 55103/02/2013

Agree also r550, it looked pretty timed to perfection. I can also see her speaking out to say she wasn't a plant either, just to reinforce the point at some stage.

Don't forget though Jaime is but one person in a sea of many who all have opinions on Harry and Harry and Nick. She's no more reliable, or worthy of note, than the next person in truth. She just gets to air it primetime television, conviniently enough. But it definitely looks concerted. Even if I were the biggest Nick and Harry skeptic on the world that would never NOT look totally scripted.

The Haylor was faked 'admissions' won't have helped Modest, since 'management' has been mentioned, and we all know these people never orchestrate anything, ever. The hilarious Ed and Taylor now bonking in March (what's it to be Taylor?) may have been a further embarrassment because nobody seems to ever have a credible story between them with these girls.

Harry running round town with Nick every night, I bet that has some suit pulling what's left of his hair out, lol.

by Anonymousreply 55203/02/2013

I think it's worth noting the way the question was even phrased, with Alan asking *is it true* that Harry and Nick are a couple, directly referencing that there are these rumours going around. It could have been a simple "are they together" or "they're together a lot, are they going out" as a curious question on his part but it was deliberately phrased to reference that there are people who think this and have been saying this.

by Anonymousreply 55303/02/2013

What i always found interesting is how H/N wasn't a "bromance" taken out of context by fans,it has always been people from the industry talking about it and the fans only "shipped" them a few months ago and never really made a deal out of it.I think it became so "big" due to the innuendo coming from big publications and people like Simon or Keith joking about it,all this combined with H/N'S couple-y behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 55403/02/2013

I think R554 make a very good point. I saw the DS blind back in dec 2011 and if true it would mean a romance. After a couple of months there was further reference to those two. I only saw posts and stories about a bromance and people shipping them later on the net. I actually hadn't really heard of shipping before all this.

Maybe this is partly what made me think it was true months and months ago.

by Anonymousreply 55503/02/2013

It's what made me think there's a good chance the rumor is true as well R555,i'm more inclined to believe an industry-based rumor than a fan-based rumor.I know there are always gay rumors about celebrities (and many times they are false) but when high profile publications and other celebrities go out of their way to drop innuendo and comment on the rumor then for me it gives more credibility to this being the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 55603/02/2013

Have reflected on it all, and I think the last 16 months of media activity with Harry appears to be a total mess, unless you really do believe all publicity is good publicity.

I think it's a sign of too many people and agencies involved. Hackford Jones, Modest, Max Clifford, Sony inhouse team and the equivalents in the US and AUS of Hackford Jones will all be involved in pumping stories out.

PS has everyone heard that 1Ds management company loses its contract with Sony/Syco at the end of 2013?

by Anonymousreply 55703/02/2013

Joe Jonas just liked one of Nick's instagram photos, which I find quite amusing as there have been rumours about the two of them in the past hooking up.

by Anonymousreply 55803/02/2013

Re 552. Yes at the end of the day Sony said they were expecting the boys to represent a 100 million £/$? business this year. They can't jeopardise that.I think I might have said before I would anticipate they are expecting alot of this to come from movie receipts/merchandising/endoresements in the US so although I genuinely don't think 'coming out' would affect the group here I do think the most popular member of the most poular boyband coming out and being in a relationship with an unknown DJ 9 years his senior would be a massive problem in the US given that this would come completely out of the blue for them and given that he was 'dating' their pop princess a couple of months ago. We also know there 3 year contract is end loaded so they don't get most of their money until the end of the 3 years in an effort to keep them together. Now we don't know what that contract says and whether that might be another reason why this relationship cannot be open.

by Anonymousreply 55903/02/2013

Is there a print interview in the press with Nick today, I have come across the following two tweets, which seem somehow connected, but not to any interview I recognise.

(https://twitter.com/mthoughton1/status/307874387724496896 - as an aside, don't people realise Saville was involved with underage girls and not adult men?)

by Anonymousreply 56003/02/2013

No idea, C, but this: "my relationship with Harry is a v.important part of my life" is adorable!

by Anonymousreply 56103/02/2013

Oh wow, if that's an actual quote this whole thing just seems kind of sad to me. Especially for Nick. And it actually makes me suspect even more that they might have considered coming out at some point.

by Anonymousreply 56203/02/2013

Have you tried Heat online? I know Nick did an interview with Boyd Hilton. Maybe someone has seen an early copy or something or this is on the advertised front cover.

by Anonymousreply 56303/02/2013

I dont know C but i doubt that girl made the quote up?? We'll see i guess but i agree with R652 ,it's an adorable quote but also a bit sad.

by Anonymousreply 56403/02/2013

R562 I was just thinking about that too. That guy who had the sister who worked at the radio in the summer and said "there was a thing about whether they were gonna tell people" was one of the most genuine-seeming tweets to me and I've always wondered if that could have been the case. I mean, especially with that quote now explicitly saying what we've all observed - that the relationship with Harry is an important one to him - I do have to wonder if there might be some kind of timeline in place. It's one thing for Harry to hide a relationship with a guy when he's 19 and super famous etc and be able to think about being more open when the band dies out but Nick *is* out, never really bothered to hide it even before officially commenting, he's 28 years old, he has a wonderful job, he is in a completely different position. And he has to put up with much of the general public and listeners thinking he's got this one-sided possibly tragic obsession with Harry. It's a lot on him.

by Anonymousreply 56503/02/2013

[quote]although I genuinely don't think 'coming out' would affect the group here I do think the most popular member of the most poular boyband coming out and being in a relationship with an unknown DJ 9 years his senior would be a massive problem in the US given that this would come completely out of the blue for them and given that he was 'dating' their pop princess a couple of months ago.

And herein lies the crux. It's less about age and gender than how can he or they even hope to be honest when there's a backlog of bullshit to unpick that goes back eons? In giving Harry the reputation as a slapper, someone has made it almost impossible for him to be anything but.

I'd love for people to be free but there's sadly probably more chance of Simon Cowell abandoning the rat poison face fillers and going au naturel.

The more wacky stories they formulate on Harry and the more he stays central of attention, I can only think he is the one PR is trying hardest to cover something up for.

I loved Boy George's quotes too. He's a wacky old queen but you gotta love him. He clearly likes Harry and is being discreet about *someone*. I doubt that's Liam, whoever it is!

[quote]"my relationship with Harry is a v.important part of my life"

If this is, in fact and actual Nick quote, then just that's a really nice "from the heart" thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 56603/02/2013

If that is a real quote.. that is so adorable!!!

by Anonymousreply 56703/02/2013

I think Nick has gone out to France with Ian and Aimee? Ian tweeted earlier about a tour of The Chateau and Nick posted pictures of the inside of a building that looks like it could be!

by Anonymousreply 56803/02/2013

C, could be in The Times? They're one of the few that charge to view online articles aren't they?

If you find the piece, let us know.

by Anonymousreply 56903/02/2013

I ship Harry/Nick, but I think it's very likely they are just friends, especially if Harry's basically been living with him on and off for a year. I see a lot of people insinuating that they have to be dating based on the amount of time they spend together, but that is just as easily explained by them being (for lack of a better word to describe Harry's couch surfing) roommates. I spend a significant amount of time with my roommate including birthdays and holidays.

by Anonymousreply 57003/02/2013

R565, of course it's all subjective to your views but I can also admit it has crossed my mind several times since August last year that Harry and Nick were sort of positioning themselves to make it obvious to the public without saying. It still seems like that lot of the time. If it came, it wouldn't be a surprise to many sort of thing? But then other elements of PR seem to totally scupper that notion. You're left confused.

It's as if H/N are oblivious to the big storm going on around them and they just get on with it, which is always refreshing to see because I often expect to see them take long periods apart or drift on the back of hysterics - but they never seem to. They're definitely endurance runners!

I go back and forth on whether I feel they were trying to hint in their own way and getting the public accustomed to it over time, the Call and Delete, the outing refs, and the cheek and sass, I often thought it was leading up to something. But then spanners fly into the works like Jaime Winstone, though to be fair she may have totally been put on the spot through no fault of her own, brought in on pretexts perhaps. And that would be terrible if she were being used as a prop. But who knows.

I would still love to know if the supposed old tweet from Harry's mum about if he 'came out as gay' was real or one of these photoshopped things. Just random but I've always been curious about that one. I like his mum, she's sweet.

by Anonymousreply 57103/02/2013

R565 Exactly. Nick is in a terrible position. He doesn't need to hide a relationship. If he's hiding, it's only because of Harry and that is in fact quite tragic. He's becoming a bit of a joke: the older guy with a "creepy" obsession over his teenage "straight" best friend. It must be very sad for him.

by Anonymousreply 57203/02/2013

R571 I first started thinking a coming out was a possibility after Nick was very publicly seen wearing that bright yellow jacket harry wore on the cover of their album. I mean, seriously? you want to be seen wearing a very iconic piece that practically everyone in the UK is going to associate with the guy you've been rumored to be in some sort of relationship with? I just found that quite strange.

by Anonymousreply 57303/02/2013

R571 are you referring to the tweet that asked her what she would do if harry came out as gay and she replied to it and just said "Random!" ? That was going around ages ago and I could have sworn I saw a link or something valid for it, but of course I can't prove anything now and I could be wrong. I was always under the impression that one wasn't a photoshop though.

by Anonymousreply 57403/02/2013

R573 Yeah and then he backtracked on that one and said he just happened to buy the same one, which tbh just looked more suspicious because it was such a random/weird story and just looked like him not wanting to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 57503/02/2013

R574 I remember seeing that tweet on my timeline, not a photoshop surprisingly.

by Anonymousreply 57603/02/2013

It's funny how people think Harry is the one "risking" his image by hanging out with Nick while,in my opinion,it's the exact opposite.

The general public views Harry as a straight boy having fun with his mates and hanging out with older people like Corden or Winston or Nick gives him credibility and makes him look more mature.

On the other hand all Nick gets from this friendship is people thinking he is the older gay creepy guy with a hopeless crush on his straight friend and i doubt he likes being a joke.Even when they comment on their relationships on shows like "Celebrity Juice" it's always a joke aimed at Nick,how he is the latesr person who's fallen for Harry's charms or how he's always with him (when most times H is the one following him around.)

He might gain some teen listeners but he really is putting his reputation on the line for him,especially since people already think of him as a "celebrity hanger-on" etc.

by Anonymousreply 57703/02/2013

I agree, R577. This is why I can't understand why he wouldn't have denied it by now if it wasn't true, therefore it makes more sense that they are together.

by Anonymousreply 57803/02/2013

R572, Nick also has a lot of support too, and many people wouldn't be surprised. Sure you'd get cradle-snatcher jokes and ribbing on Twitter for ten minutes but then so did Caroline Flack.

She and Harry may well have been PR 101 or the real deal but it didn't stop people deciding she was some 'creepy old cow' trying to coerce innocent cuppycake Harry to his doom.

by Anonymousreply 57903/02/2013

R579 I agree but that is taking more in the UK market which I don't think is the biggest issue if they are together and wanted to come out.

by Anonymousreply 58003/02/2013

Yes, think that was it r574. It was a retweet or something then? I just remember it vaguely floating about way back. Maybe she was genuinely surprised, maybe she was being ironic.

It was a lot more gay-friendly back then. Before they got really famous.

Someone further back mentioned McFly. Does anyone recall Pudd? Dear God, you think Larry set the benchmark. Pudd booted everything into a cocked hat sideways in the fangurling stakes.

by Anonymousreply 58103/02/2013

Slight subject change but I haven't seen this posted yet - The Times has released their '30 Most Stylish Men' list and Nick and Harry are 17 & 18 respectively! I think it's noteworthy (and cute) that they've linked them together in the actual text and used that pic of them coordinated at the brit dinner to illuminate..

(link is for a free copy!)

by Anonymousreply 58203/02/2013

R581 'Pudd' was insane but I think Larry is way worse.. but Re: Pudd here's an interview Mcfly did with Nick in 2010 where he actually asks them "are you two going out?" and that he had read it on blogs. He obviously reads online a lot!

by Anonymousreply 58303/02/2013

That's cute, R582, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 58403/02/2013

R581 It's about 2 mins in

by Anonymousreply 58503/02/2013

I laughed at the fact that Harry's profession is described as "popstar, pin-up"! But that is quite cute actually, especially how they're even linked in their descriptions!

by Anonymousreply 58603/02/2013

That's so cool, r582, thanks for posting.

On another note, people on Twitter are STILL directly referencing Harry and Nick's Twitter names in their conversations about apparent sightings and other inferences (as is the way of TwAtter).

Whenever there's an uptick in this sort of direct linking which one must assume at least Harry's people will be able to see - we seem to get a round of something that goes against it in one or more ways. If people learned to be discreet then maybe life would be easier for all.

by Anonymousreply 58703/02/2013

I'll admit that I'm not AS familiar with McFly but while they definitely played up the innuendo and homoeroticism way more than 1D I don't think Pudd had quite the same level of people legitimately thinking they were in a relationship, did they?

by Anonymousreply 58803/02/2013

I'm going to start a new thread. Just posting this so nobody else does it and we end up overlapping.

Cheers.

by Anonymousreply 58903/02/2013

Thank you R589! That's awesome :)

by Anonymousreply 59003/02/2013

R581 i remember the tweet as well but can't recall whether it's true or not,i think back they could get away with gay jokes while now everything they said gets over-analyzed by their fans.

I love Mcfly and Pudd!They have always been my favourite band friendship but i doubt non-uk/non-europian fans,especially young ones, are familiar with them since they never had a big success outside the UK,they only did a US tour this summer after being a band for almost 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 59103/02/2013

New thread guys....

by Anonymousreply 59203/02/2013

Mcfly are very gay friendly and fun and always willing to play up the gay rumors and even joke about their wives/girlfriends being a cover up.

R588 I recall a big number of fans questioning Dougie's sexuality for years,back then "staged gay" was really popular and even american bands like Fall Out Boy or Panic! At the Disco were being very tactile with their bandmates,way more than 1D have ever been.It was a "trend" so to say and i think all band members had gay rumors,mostly based on their "emo" looks and make-up etc.

by Anonymousreply 59303/02/2013

Thankyou for the new thread! Re: 577 I don't think anyone has said it is H risking his image. Its his label/managment who are in control of him though and they will not want to put the 1D money making machine at risk. I absolutely agree that its N who is risking everything here. I genuinely think his credibility is in danger at the moment and something needs to be done to sort it out. However sweet that alleged quote from N might be, if it once again makes N look one sided in this relationship I can't see how it will do him any favours. H came out of the CF saga untouched and he will do the same again. I really would like H to do something to show what N means to him N even if just as a BFF.To be honest he oews it to him at this point bc I do think this could seriously damage Ns career.

by Anonymousreply 59403/02/2013

whoops link below.

by Anonymousreply 59503/02/2013

A quick post - in case anyone sees the movement as the Harry Styles and Grimmy thread has also been closed - if there is a member who normally posts and is happy to open a new thread it would be much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 59603/12/2013

I'm wondering whether the issue is the conversations regarding the jackets? Is there a ban on mentioning branded items on here?

by Anonymousreply 59703/12/2013

LG - You may well be right - given what else you can post it would be rather funny. No more waxed jacket talk plainly!

by Anonymousreply 59803/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.