and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nick Gr1mshaw & Co PART 8

enjoy

by Anonymousreply 59802/26/2013

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 102/22/2013

Thanks!

In reply to JJ from the previous thread,Jake Bugg is with nottingam pr and not hackford and yes he was rumored to be Cara's bf but clearly that's not the case.

I dont find the whole thing weird,it's not the first time rock/indie artists say such things about popstars,like someone else mentioned,Oasis did it a lot as well as a big number of others.And it does get attention and publicity on both sides so really it's no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 202/22/2013

I'm not sure if it's Nick or not in that picture. The hairline at the back is a bit uneven and I believe we once identified him that way before. There might be a pic of the back of his head from all the pics we've seen this week if we really want to be sure one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 302/22/2013

oops, i searched but didn't find this thread so I started another part 8! Maybe we can use it for part 9 when the time comes.

by Anonymousreply 402/22/2013

That picture according to twitter is taken in Lakeside, Essex?

by Anonymousreply 502/22/2013

Aww, thanks anyway, R4 :).

by Anonymousreply 602/22/2013

The cousin of the girl replied to somone it is essex rd.

Oh no they didnt have pics up in the car

by Anonymousreply 702/22/2013

The guy in the backround of the photo is probably just a random dude.

by Anonymousreply 802/22/2013

Oh no they didn't comments make me sick

by Anonymousreply 902/22/2013

Ugh...I do hate ONTD lately. It used to be love-hate now just hate.

by Anonymousreply 1002/22/2013

Absolutely, R9. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 1102/22/2013

Me too R9 and the majority of them come from teens/pre-teens.Sad to see that young people think this way,pretty sure i saw a bunch of comments calling N an "ugly pedo".It's so sad.

by Anonymousreply 1202/22/2013

Essex Rd is Islington-ish, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 1302/22/2013

Oh wow the comments on that ONTD thing are terrible.

by Anonymousreply 1402/22/2013

Well people said Harry was in Lakeside Mall in Essex but he was also papped while vintage shopping in North London (where the fan pic was taken I believe).

by Anonymousreply 1502/22/2013

Someone in the previous thread mentioned Boy George outing Hugh Jackman which reminded me how open Jackman was with his "bussiness partner" John Palermo (who is openly gay and Jackman's ex-boyfriend -according to Hollywood gossip- ).They used to attend events together,rumors about them attending Jackman's kids school events and overally they were "hidding in plain sight".

What i'm trying to say is that it's not impossible for a couple to hang out openly even though they arent "out" and havent releaved their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1602/22/2013

Thanks R2 much appreciated as I was in a meeting. Reason I asked I that jake Bugg tour tix go on sale this weekend :)

as to the fabulously phrased glass closet. What has never been tried before I where a glass closet case is in a couple, in full view, actively engaging with press AND in the age of fanpics, instagr and twitter.

If they are a couple, if they never get busted by a pal or pic then they should be made knights of the round table of media (or at lest honorary members of grouchos and given a gold card to nobu)

by Anonymousreply 1702/22/2013

R16 that's exactly what I think is happening with Nick and Harry, they're being as out as they can without actually coming out. It would be amazing if they did, their particular case is very unusual, the biggest teenage pop sensation right now and a very prominent radio presenter 10 years his senior both smart, and hip as they come. I think it's quite refreshing. And it would be a great step in the right direction (lol) for gay/bisexual youth. Sadly, them coming out at the moment seem unlikely, but they're clearly very happy with whatever their agreement/relationship is, so good for them.

by Anonymousreply 1802/22/2013

Nick hit 1 million followers on twitter today!

by Anonymousreply 1902/22/2013

JJ well if the rumors are correct they were "all over each other" in more than one case,on top of my mind is the infamous Shoreditch kiss,then Rita's gig at GAY and the Tinie Tempah's party back in June or July.I don't think it's impossible for more intimate photos to exist but have not made it to the press,Cowell has Harry's back and he sure knows how to clean up the mess and cover up.There was also a tweet from a guy who was either a pap or worked for a pap agency who said they should come out already,i found that interesting.

I agree R18 ,it would be lovely if they came out but it's just wishful thinking.There is a documentary on Ricky Martin,which was on tv over here recently,where he said his first love was a DJ and i started laughing because i imagined Harry in a similar position years later saying something similar and me being all "I KNEW IT!" haha :)

by Anonymousreply 2002/22/2013

JJ - But they do have the advantage of extremely media savvy friends; everything they post does seem to be considered.

What's different here thought is that both of them, to a certain extent, are famous and that does double the chances of being seen. However given how many random people within the industry seem to know that they are "together" one imagines they have been afforded quite a lot of privacy, because really without some form of visual clue how are all of these seemingly unconnected people aware that they are more than friends. Surely there have been more than the two or three indiscretions we have heard of to date. I think the fact that they appear to be very well liked has been in their favour.

R16 - I do think that unless something forces the situation they will continue as they are now with no further explanation, and really isn't time that the whole announcing to the world if you are famous and not straight came to an end.

by Anonymousreply 2102/22/2013

Some StarSightings Twitter tweeted that Harry and Nick were both seen in West London Primrose Hill an hour ago - first it was a Harry Styles Sighting then Nick Grimshaw Sighting, both same location, then Harry Styles & Nick Grimshaw Sighting.

I'm guessing they might be with Jamie Winstone again too, since there's also a tweet sighting for her right after theirs, also West London Primrose Hill, although she's not mentioned with their names at all so maybe they'd split off at that point, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 2202/22/2013

Oh wait nevermind, I'm the one that posted the StarSighting and if you look closer at their links they're just talking about when they were going in to the Breakfast show, nevermind that the tweets are supposed to be for "real time" sightings. My bad!

by Anonymousreply 2302/22/2013

today's press included the first pics of Harry leaving Nick's house although we know there have been others taken before but not published. The star included one of Harry on his own walking from the house. I wonder why they chose to include this now? Maybe because Nick was also there in further pics in the car? Also they could have used even more incriminating pic of hand touching in car and didn't

by Anonymousreply 2402/22/2013

R20, do you remember more about the pap that tweeted they should come out? I've been following these threads for ages and I don't remember reading about that one, was it recently?

by Anonymousreply 2502/22/2013

R25 i think LG was the one who posted the tweet but i could be wrong.

i dont remember the tweet by word but he said that Harry,Nick and another celebrity (cant remember who) should come out because it's no big deal and i remember we discussed how Nick is already out so the only reasonable reason why he was mentioned is in relation to Harry and their relationship.I'm pretty sure the guy who tweeted worked for an agency that provides the papers with pap photos and i think he was a pap himself.I believe it was around November/December when it happened.

by Anonymousreply 2602/22/2013

R24 - Is that the print issue? (The online article seems to only have the photograph of them at Radio 1) Because if it is, it would have gone to press before the photographs were taken yesterday. Also given they are calling their friendship a bromance on the front page I don't think they wanted to go too far, and really the hand-holding one makes the point without any comments at all.

R26 - I think the other person mentioned was David Walliams; who I presume is bisexual(?), but yes, Nick's name was linked with Harry's in the tweet.

by Anonymousreply 2702/22/2013

Sorry, R27 is me.

by Anonymousreply 2802/22/2013

Thanks for the new thread! Essex Rd links Angel to Stoke Newington and the pics of H are down the Canonbury/Stokey end

by Anonymousreply 2902/22/2013

Its in today's printed issue of the daily star . They are on front page. Nick is on page 8 with corden.

The stories and pics on page 10 and 11 are all about them and them only. Headline page 10 "Grimmy's partying in Styles"

by Anonymousreply 3002/22/2013

Pic of H leaving the house is on page 10.

by Anonymousreply 3102/22/2013

Has this part from the online version at least been posted already?

“Harry emerged from a night of showbiz mayhem and took the party back to the Grimmy’s pad. They re-emerged looking dishevelled just before 6am to do the DJ’s breakfast show, with Harry still wearing his Brits clobber.”

by Anonymousreply 3202/22/2013

R30 - Thanks. Well the headline lacks subtlety! I'll see if I can find a scan of it online.

by Anonymousreply 3302/22/2013

R30, is that the exact wording? It's interesting that it's in the present tense. The past tense would have been more appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 3402/22/2013

LG - yes exact wording with capital S for Styles

by Anonymousreply 3502/22/2013

R32 that quote is from page 10 Daily Star isn't it. Just checked.

by Anonymousreply 3602/22/2013

Yeah, R36? I only saw the online version. Thanks for checking.

by Anonymousreply 3702/22/2013

So was he in Essex or on Essex rd...?

by Anonymousreply 3802/22/2013

R38 I saw Essex Rd

by Anonymousreply 3902/22/2013

C - I have only seen front page and page 11 scanned on twitter, but of course it could be somewhere

by Anonymousreply 4002/22/2013

Funny to see the general public think the Sun is hinting something with their headlines too.

Also refreshing that this guy think they're going too far(his #notact hashtag)

by Anonymousreply 4102/22/2013

That's funny and sweet, R41.

by Anonymousreply 4202/22/2013

R40 - No, I only found the front page (if you have a link to page 11 it would be nice, but only if you don't have to actively look for it).

Are the tabloids using different print headlines? All I am seeing online is "Nick Grimshaw hosts "drunk" breakfast show with Harry Styles" which is not especially suggestive...

by Anonymousreply 4302/22/2013

I thought someone posted something about a paper headlining being "Nick G goes out in Styles" which is such an awful pun honestly...

by Anonymousreply 4402/22/2013

P11 is on the left. Daily Mirror article on right

by Anonymousreply 4502/22/2013

R45 - Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 4602/22/2013

Thanks, R45.

by Anonymousreply 4702/22/2013

Page 10. On its side unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 4802/22/2013

Nice headline haha!

by Anonymousreply 4902/22/2013

"Grimmy's partying in Styles" must be one of the worst headlines ever.

by Anonymousreply 5002/22/2013

Oh dear Perez and got hold of the hand pictures

by Anonymousreply 5102/22/2013

Perez Hilton

by Anonymousreply 5202/22/2013

This headline is so far from subtle oh God!

by Anonymousreply 5302/22/2013

That is a pretty big US celebrity gossip platform, which is first for N/H..

by Anonymousreply 5402/22/2013

Thanks, R48.

Yeah, Perez...and tweeting it to Nick.

by Anonymousreply 5502/22/2013

i really don't like Perez.

He does know Grimmy though and he retweeted that "Harry Styles is gay" tweet from a fan so i'm not that surprised to see this.He also has a history of "subtly" outing celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 5602/22/2013

R49 - Thanks again; I hadn't realised that they were posting different copy as well. I can't read most of it, but the online one certainly doesn't begin

"Hunky Harry Styles enjoyed a night full of bromance after the Brit Awards by hitting the parties with new best mate DJ Nick Grimshaw"

Given that they have been writing about the two of them for over 6 months now the "new" is perhaps unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 5702/22/2013

Perez sold out years ago. Loathesome piece of crap, will say whatever he's paid to say nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 5802/22/2013

If Nick Grimshaw wasn't familiar to the american audience, he will be now. People will start looking him up and start getting doubts about the nature of their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 5902/22/2013

R52 - Well that takes hiding in plain sight to a whole new level!

by Anonymousreply 6002/22/2013

Perez's article is far from subtle,and i agree with R59 ,Perez's posts might be shitty but people will read this and look Nick up.I'm curious to see if any other american site or paper will post about it as well?

by Anonymousreply 6102/22/2013

C It doesn't say too much on page 10, just the earlier quote and then about the pair being inseperable and the wording on the pic of Harry is about leaving Nick's house.

by Anonymousreply 6202/22/2013

I have to say I'm amused by the fact that as gross as ONTD is and as much as they hate Nick, the majority of the comments do seem to be people taking it for granted that this is actually a thing

by Anonymousreply 6302/22/2013

I won't be surprised if there is some type of damage control after the Perez post.. bet Hackford are planning for Harry to be linked to a new girl and quickly!

by Anonymousreply 6402/22/2013

R64 that would be quite sad, but it's probably what's going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 6502/22/2013

I don't think Perez and his articles are taken seriously,however this article will definitely draw more attention to the pair.

Not sure if they'll pull another girl for Harry,touring starts tomorrow so i suppose the press will focus on that and stories about Harry and fans or "mysterious girls" will pop up again.

by Anonymousreply 6602/22/2013

Wow, first the front page of the Daily Star and now blowing up online on Perez Hilton (I didn't realize quite how big that was until I did a twitter search and it's just a FLOOD of people retweeting and linking to that right now). Wonder if this will get mentioned on the show at all too (although probably not, just realized tomorrow's Saturday so it'd be a bit outdated Monday). Still. Also wondering what the BBC/R1 bosses are feeling about all this

by Anonymousreply 6702/22/2013

"Harry Styles Caught in Foursome with Three Very Female Victoria Secret Models"

by Anonymousreply 6802/22/2013

Yeah, if anything there will just be more "womanizing" articles, articles about Harry seen going home with girls etc, I really really doubt any specific relationship is going to be pushed again after the Taylor stuff was such a hot mess. I don't think they'll try anything like that again anytime soon, not unless they're really really desperate.

by Anonymousreply 6902/22/2013

I'm very uncomfortable with the fact that he twitted Nick. I hope this doesn't stop him from going to the 1D shows in the UK like he was planning to do.

by Anonymousreply 7002/22/2013

R68 what is that from?

by Anonymousreply 7102/22/2013

Perez tweeted Harry directly too.

by Anonymousreply 7202/22/2013

R68 Yeah, it'll probably be along those lines!

by Anonymousreply 7302/22/2013

R70 / R72- And the @onedirection address as well, just to be sure everyone had seen it.

by Anonymousreply 7402/22/2013

R70 he probs tweeted Nick because he knows him,it makes me uncomfortable too though like when people were tweeting the rumor and @ mentioning Nick and Harry.

I don't think Nick will care,it's not any different from the innuendo articles the UK papers have been publishing since the summer or the industry gossip and he's made it clear he doesnt care about the rumors.I believe that he can definitely attend a show without getting noticed.

R69 i agree,plus Harry going on tour isn't exactly the ideal timing for a new "relationship".

R71 i'm pretty sure R68 were joking :)

by Anonymousreply 7502/22/2013

To be fair, he does that with everything...tweeting anyone connected to a story.

by Anonymousreply 7602/22/2013

R75 I realized that right after I asked where it was from.. but thanks for answering me!

by Anonymousreply 7702/22/2013

Perez always tweets everyone linked to an article he posted,this isn't new behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 7802/22/2013

I actually only remembered that he tweets his stories to everyone relevant after I was annoyed at him tweeting it to Nick in R55.

by Anonymousreply 7902/22/2013

The comments on the article are interesting. So far there are six, with three of them saying, "well yes" effectively.

by Anonymousreply 8002/22/2013

"larry" shippers are gonna flip. I suspect he will get some aggressive tweets from them.

by Anonymousreply 8102/22/2013

At least he didn't post the follow up picture. That one only made the hand-holding look even more suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 8202/22/2013

So you guy's don't suspect that this is all staged? I'm not disputing H&N friendship but this is getting too much attention like its some kind of publicity stunt.Perhaps this is just a very clever way to divert our attention away from a hidden relationship between Harry and someone else.

by Anonymousreply 8302/22/2013

R83 you sound like a Larry shipper and their Nick is Harrys beard which makes no sense what so ever.

by Anonymousreply 8402/22/2013

R83 - The problem with this being a cover for another relationship is that really what relationship would be more scary to a PR company than a 19 year old boy being romantically involved with a 28 year old gay DJ. If you add the extra element of the fact that as the host of the breakfast show Nick could be accused of promoting 1D, which the BBC can't be seen to do, and Harry could be accused of favouring the BBC over all other media outlets, something which 1D can't afford to do. There is no actual upside to the relationship apart from the fact that people seem generally seem pleased that they look so happy together.

by Anonymousreply 8502/22/2013

[R83]- There would not be a single reason to have a 28 year old man in PR a relationship with a 19 year old popstar to cover up another relationship, gay or straight. That's absolutely ridiculous.

And these rumours are not new either. They've been going on for over a year, and are really just starting to get noticed by the public.

by Anonymousreply 8602/22/2013

R83 I highly doubt it. Who would Nick be a cover for? I think it is what it is, like some posters on here believe. They are hiding in plain sight.

by Anonymousreply 8702/22/2013

This is not normal. Harry and Grimmy are still hanging out, still the headlines in every paper. How is this possible if they are dating?

Modest Management is more controlling over her clients than every other management. And they would allow Harry to be photographed going into Grimmy's house in the morning while they are lovers? That doesn't make any sense.

Can somebody explain this to me? My approach would be: keep them apart so that they will not be photographed anymore (especially not when they are drunk) = no articles = no rumours. But this whole PR company doesn't seem to care at all.

by Anonymousreply 8802/22/2013

R88 - Maybe Harry had just had enough.

by Anonymousreply 8902/22/2013

R89 I agree, I'm beginning to think that H has had enough, especially after the TF fiasco. If I remember correctly H and N went to ground when the press started asking questions about the clothes sharing. So much so that we on here began to question whether they were still together. Then we got the TS PR and just before Christmas H and N resurfaced and have been practically inseparable ever since. It might be a case of H having taken enough and being openly defiant, which isn't really in his nature, or it could be leading to a coming out when he gets back from tour.

by Anonymousreply 9002/22/2013

R90 - Maybe the meeting with Simon Cowell a few weekends ago up in Glasgow is connected after all.

The attached is from a student, but one studying music journalism in London; I love the fact that he says his sources are half reliable...

by Anonymousreply 9102/22/2013

[R88]- It seems like they are pushing it as far as they can without actually being open about it. Seems like H is done with the whole thing. They know that the British press can't out them against their will (there is a law against that). Though now that this is starting to hit America, I don't know what's going to happen. The US probably has no idea who N is, but they certainly know H after that whole Swifty mess.

And the 1D fans still see N/H as a "bromance", so they can live in a glass closet.

by Anonymousreply 9202/22/2013

Well, two half reliable sources add up to a single reliable one!

by Anonymousreply 9302/22/2013

I understand what you're saying R88, but if they are together it's not really feasible or at all fair to keep them hidden from sight all the time. How could they lead a normal life, especially Grimmy with his famous friends, if they had to sneak around?

Although it may seem odd Harry/Nick being everywhere all of a sudden, maybe they DID try to be more low key. Maybe their people have seen everything we've seen - all the tweets, rumours, sightings of supposed reckless intimate behaviour etc - and have realised that there's no point in downplaying it, it's just not working. So why not just let them do their thing?

by Anonymousreply 9402/22/2013

As much as they seem to have had so much fun, I still doubt there is anything more there than a brilliant friendship.

It might not be the usual way around it, but the boys have a tour starting on Saturday and any publicity is good publicity. Both Nick and Harry seem to love the attention and are actively courting it. It's working the sheer volume traffic on pages linked to them and tweets about them is huge.

The whole idea of this being PR to cover something else is ludicrous, for the reasons everyone else has listed.

Whether they are or whether they are not I am enjoying the spectacle!

by Anonymousreply 9502/22/2013

C, I think it could well be connected. At first I thought that maybe it was wishful thinking...but maybe it was not that far-fetched.

by Anonymousreply 9602/22/2013

As documented I absolutely think N and H are together but I do also think there are benefits to a bromance. Nick gets teen listeners. H gains credibility. The column inches are insane. My suspicion is they are together and everyone involved can't quite resist the perks of the almost relationship. There is no advantage at all to coming out though, unless it was a full blown H led coming out to challenge the current media/Hollywood outlook. Will never happen though, far too risky. TF on Graham Norton now.

by Anonymousreply 9702/22/2013

I think some people just have a really bizarre idea of what "management" can do - that's definitely been built up in 1D fandom. Harry and Nick haven't been doing anything except hanging out at public events and getting papped at those events and on the way home etc - if anything paparazzi frenzy has increased around them but that's not something their management can control. They've been very private about how much time they spend together out of the spotlight with the exception of a few slip-ups on air yesterday. But honestly this idea that Modest Management is "so controlling" is completely fabricated by 1D fandom, they seem perfectly normal to me. They were a fairly small company with no experience dealing with quite this level of fame that 1D have garnered and if anything they've been scrambling to figure out how to deal with it. They can't control everything in the press.

by Anonymousreply 9802/22/2013

R88 if they kept them apart they would also keep Harry apart from Nick's circle which has became Harry's circle of friends as well and i doubt Modest are that cruel.A poster mentioned once that Harry may react badly if they try to keep him apart from Grimmy and i agree,they seem very close and dependent on one another and happy in each other's company.

Maybe they are just friends thus there is nothing to worry about,or maybe Harry had enough and stood up to Modest,he seems close with Cowell i doubt they want him unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 9902/22/2013

I just looked at the tweet, C. Interesting...is that supposed to be about the Brits...I'm curious?

by Anonymousreply 10002/22/2013

I agree, R99. I think it would be very difficult for them to do that to Harry...and I'm glad.

by Anonymousreply 10102/22/2013

Interesting choice of words 'dependent on each other..'

Making me think...

by Anonymousreply 10202/22/2013

There is a famous American news person who, before he came out last year, was widely known to be gay and had a boyfriend who was pictured with him about town. This was kept up for years and the Middle American values crowd that would care hadn't a clue and the ones that knew, knew.

The glass closet is prevalent in America, where we know that the star of Grease is gay. Where Jodie Foster was commonly known to be gay for over 30 years before she (sort of) came out. Harry Styles is soon to be entering that milieu.

by Anonymousreply 10302/22/2013

To be honest after the drunk show yesterday and with the amount of coverage they're getting I feel like they're not really trying to hide it, the whole attitude at R1 seemed very much like they could just be presuming/recognizing that everyone knows but they won't say it out loud, especially with the comments today about how nice it was for harry to help out, "harry styles, old faithful" and fiona wondering if nick would just get harry again when he needs guests for a special slot next week. I mean who knows but it feels at least like they might be moving away more from pretending that harry is just another celeb when him and nick are clearly so close, they're recognizing that more.

by Anonymousreply 10402/22/2013

R103 totally agree with you,i previously brought up the example of Hugh Jackman with John Palermo.Are you referring to Anderson Cooper by the way?

by Anonymousreply 10502/22/2013

The press will never out them, but a celebrity could.. Simon Amstell pretty much did.

by Anonymousreply 10602/22/2013

Yes, I'm referring to the Coop, r105. Hugh Jackman is another good example, he's been outed and anyone who's ever had anything to do with him knows. Yet, he's perceived straight by the archaic values crowd.

by Anonymousreply 10702/22/2013

I think they're being as open as they can right before the tour. I don't think we'll see them come out now but maybe when the tour is over, if the relationship survives the time apart. It wouldn't surprise me, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 10802/22/2013

Okay. They are just being nice people and allowing Harry to come out as long as he doesn't actually say it. Totally reasonable. I mean, why should they care anyway? He is the moneymaker of the group, the most popular member of the biggest boyband in the world. No reason to worry, I think.

And Harry is totally done. Yes. So done that he accepts to be 'dating' with Taylor Swift for a month. Spending all his free time with her. Really sounds like someone who doesn't follow any directions from his PR company or management.

Harry is a poppet in a game of fooling people, and he knows it. It's a part of the job. Maybe even the biggest part, if you're in a boyband. It may come as a shock, but only a small part is about the music.

by Anonymousreply 10902/22/2013

Zachary Quinto,Jim Parsons, NPH, Matt Bomer,Cooper were all in the glass closet before they came out... I could see Harry doing the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 11002/22/2013

So glad he finally came out R105,unlike with Jackman,i don't think he'll ever will.

My point is that glass closet isn't anything new and a couple can get papped and lead a normal life in the public without actually admitting they are gay/in a relationship so way H/N behave isn't that surprising.

I also agree with R98,1D fans seem to have a very twisted view as to what a management company can do,they were hardly important before 1D and i doubt they control all the media all over UK and overseas,that's just ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 11102/22/2013

R109 i'm pretty sure Harry dumping Taylor on a boat to hang out with Cal and his other friends in that hot tub was definitely not in the PR plan and i suspect the "relationship" could last longer or a "reunion" could have happened if Harry wasn't against it,which he clearly was because i dont see another reason why it didnt happen,Taylor seemed more than happy to play the game.

by Anonymousreply 11202/22/2013

R106 I agree, and that's pretty much the most likely way I see it happening. There have been some comments already and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if someone who doesn't really care about them says a bit too much. Otherwise yeah, I think the Taylor thing was evidence enough they're trying to cement Harry's heterosexuality and I doubt after that he'd come out anytime soon. If anything he and Nick are probably being so open lately because everyone is still talking about Taylor so much, there was a ton of attention on the fact that she would be at the BRITs, and as long as that stays in media fodder it keeps reminding people that Harry's straight and keeps their attention

by Anonymousreply 11302/22/2013

R112 yeah I think for whatever reason what happened with Taylor wasn't exactly the plan, I think the whole thing backfired rather horribly and was just a clusterfuck of media nonsense, a real hot mess from start to end. But people are going to remember it.

by Anonymousreply 11402/22/2013

In a way you're more naive than Larry shippers. Kind of cute.

You keep forgetting that the boy is in a BOYBAND. His job is to be attractive so that girls buy their stuff. I don't think the 'glass closet' is used in the world of boybands.

But that's the last thing I am going to say about it. I can understand that you love the idea of Harry and Nick being in a relationship. The idea is lovely.

by Anonymousreply 11502/22/2013

R114 and the fact that Harry doesn't seem to care at all about what she does, and when asked about her he just says some neutral nice thing, while Taylor tries very hard to transform that two month mess into a serious matter and put on the empowered-after-painful-break up show... I don't know, to me that just seems like she's the only one doing her part of the job. Harry just kind of gave up.

by Anonymousreply 11602/22/2013

Haylor convinced me that Harry is gay actually.

by Anonymousreply 11702/22/2013

[R95]

I agree. It's possible there's more between them of course, but mostly I just see a really close fun friendship. Whilst I do think they have great chemistry and I happily ship them, I really don't get secretly-in-love vibes from them or their interactions. But YMMV on that one!

by Anonymousreply 11802/22/2013

R115 i don't see how Harry's socializing with Nick make him less attractive or available to his young fans or how this affects the money making machine that 1D are.Unless Nick puts a ring on him i doubt any of the fans will actually believe they are together.They dream of dating Harry and will ignore any female or male companions,but honestly i don't think they view Nick as anything more than a friend.

by Anonymousreply 11902/22/2013

With the Perez Hilton tweets and articles I feel like this is the beginning of the end of nick and harry hanging out....once something like this hits in America its all over...

by Anonymousreply 12002/22/2013

America doesn't really care about Perez Hilton anymore.

by Anonymousreply 12102/22/2013

Rather off topic but i was re-watching the NMTB episode in which Nick was a guest host and he looked really really good,bless him!

by Anonymousreply 12202/22/2013

I wonder what Harry thought of that kiss between Nick and James? ;)

Grimmy looked quite smug after One Direction won their award...

by Anonymousreply 12302/22/2013

I agree R121,all my american friends think he is a joke.

R120 well the tour starts tomorrow so they will not be hanging out much anyway,except from Nick attend a couple of shows i really don't see how they could possibly keep up meeting,Nick cannot travel around the UK/Ireland with Harry and Harry cannot visit him then return on tour.

by Anonymousreply 12402/22/2013

R123 Is there video/pics of that?

by Anonymousreply 12502/22/2013

Yeah after Saturday and Sunday's shows the boys aren't back in London until April 1. Wonder if Nick will make it to any of the other UK shows, maybe a Friday night or weekend one? March 1 is Cardiff, March 8 is Belfast.. And of course there's always the possibility of Harry popping back to London during some of the two/three day stretches where they don't have a gig, I don't know if that would be all that suspicious since he lives there and they're only a few hours away at times. Guess we'll wait and see

by Anonymousreply 12602/22/2013

I have not seen video of that exact moment. It was before James went to speak to Grimmy, when he was sitting at that table. I only saw it when I watched the replay on T.V. earlier today.

by Anonymousreply 12702/22/2013

They might start being discreet about their meetings again.It's sad really,whatever the nature of their relationship they are clearly happy together so it's sad how they have to hide this.

by Anonymousreply 12802/22/2013

Yeah I mean there were days here and there throughout January/February that we know they were together, more depending if you count some of the "my friend" stories, but nick's casual "I see you every blooming day" on the show really confirmed that they're together A LOT more than people know about it, so if they're seeing each other more rarely and having to go out of their way to do so I reckon they'll hush it up.

by Anonymousreply 12902/22/2013

A Sun article about Harry and the brunette from the Brits...

by Anonymousreply 13002/22/2013

LOL looks like they could be back preemptive excuses if Harry is spotted partying with Nick again.. :

"There will probably be a few people out so it looks casual, not just the two of them. But it is a date really because we know they’ll make a beeline for each other."

by Anonymousreply 13102/22/2013

Also...the Sun is now reporting Theo is back together with Alexa? They sat together at the Brits so maybe that's why they're saying this-

" Meanwhile, the pair got stuck in at the Roc Nation party after the Brits on Wednesday, where Theo brought along girlfriend ALEXA CHUNG. He’s been back with the model and TV presenter for the past few months after first dating her in 2011. "

by Anonymousreply 13202/22/2013

Wow wonder if this will work out as nicely for this ~aspiring model as it did for Delevigne!

"It's good promo getting papped with Harry Styles" - Showbot xoxo

by Anonymousreply 13302/22/2013

R132 yeah I did notice them sitting together! Saw some speculation back when they all went on holiday though, wouldn't surprise me if that was the case?

by Anonymousreply 13402/22/2013

Oh i really hope they are back together R132 i really like them as a couple and i wouldnt be surprised,i was susprecting a reunion ever since they were both on the holiday trip in Puerto Rico

by Anonymousreply 13502/22/2013

R133 Exactly. I've always suspected the Cara Delavigne thing was literally Harry doing her a favor. I'm not criticizing her, just pointing out that her association with Harry made a big difference in her carreer.

by Anonymousreply 13602/22/2013

R136 I totally agree. Cara may have come from money and had certain family connections but no one was talking about her in the press until she was papped in the car with Harry - literally one time was all it took and then they were being described as "dating" for ages. Her "fanbase" was nonexistant until it apawned out of 1D fans desperate to worship all the "girlfriends" or "shipping" her with Harry. People started talking to her at events to ask what was going on with Harry, she played very purposefully coy, same on Twitter, and got more and more attention, booked more and more shoots because people were interested in her. Then months later when she's plastered everywhere she finally admits they never dated and Harry just gets linked with any girl he spends time around (and she acts like it's such a frustrating imposition despite the fact she wound the rumours up herself when it was going on). Of course all the girls she mentions being in a similar situation, part of that group getting linked, are Nick's friends, aka Alexa and Pixie (though they at least had the decency to deny the rumors when it happened). Cara was friends with Nick and it was a situation that benefitted everyone probably - she got massive exposure and skyrocketed to fame, and it took attention away from Nick and Harry, so I suppose she did them a favour too. I'm sure she's perfectly genuine friends with them and they all seem on good terms - like I said, they all benefitted from it - but the whole thing is so transparent as to how she milked it.

by Anonymousreply 13702/22/2013

Anyone else from England want to share their thoughts on how much exposure she had before being papped with Harry?

by Anonymousreply 13802/22/2013

I was just listening to the post-brits radio show and there was a lot of innuendo and school boy giggling. Very naughty and sweet at the same time. I would have expected it from Nick, but Harry's behaviour was a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 13902/22/2013

r137 I genuine like Cara,i find her funny and lively and it's refreshing because she doesn't act like a typical model.However the way she handled the Harry thing really turned me off,especially when she used to retweet all articles referring to her and Harry's "relationship" and acting like there was actually something there,at least she finally admitted the truth.

I do believe she is friends and in good terms with both Harry but especially Nick and i'd love to see them hanging out more.

by Anonymousreply 14002/22/2013

They were lovely,werent they R139 ? It has to be one of my favourite radio shows ever!

Judging from the previous times H/N were on air and how careful they seemed to be with their words,i'd "blame" big part of the innuendos/slips to their hangover,it was adorable though!

by Anonymousreply 14102/22/2013

I do think their night out was just one last hurrah before 1D goes on tour. They're probably expecting the rumors to die down when 1D is on tour and maybe Harry and Nick are even planning on taking a break and dating other people while he is on tour.

They were obviously careful enough to bring some women along with them (and was that Cal I saw in one picture of them at Nick's door?) and 1D fans will let their confirmation bias and fantasies keep Harry completely straight.

The rumors about Nick and Harry would be bad for them even if they aren't true so I don't think you can say that their PR teams not having a full blown melt down means that the rumors aren't true. In fact, they were probably expecting this and planned for it. Hence the article in the Sun coming out now. Rumor is that 1D will be up for contract renewal soon so they want Harry happy: it's unlikely they'll force him to never see his friend.

by Anonymousreply 14202/22/2013

Very good post R142,i agree with everything you said.

by Anonymousreply 14302/22/2013

Also people were talking earlier about the Boy George and Jake Bugg drama that ensued on twitter today. There's a chance that was encouraged to get some alternative press out there other than Harry and Nick as a diversion tactic. So that when they drop Millie's name this morning there's enough other rumors floating around that it doesn't seem like a cover up.

by Anonymousreply 14402/22/2013

I did not realize that 1D's fairly predatory/stalkerish Comic Relief song 'One Way or Another' was originally recorded by Blondie.

by Anonymousreply 14502/23/2013

tinhats then r144

by Anonymousreply 14602/23/2013

145 - really? You must be young! Teenage Kicks which is mashed up awfully in the song is also not by them - its by the Undertones!

by Anonymousreply 14702/23/2013

I hate this whole twitter drama - I'm annoyed at Niall for joining in. Louis is king of being an idiot on twitter and I'm not surprised his best bud Liam has joined in. But Niall usually stays out of it. Along with Harry and Zayn. It makes them look immature and petty. They cannot be surprised a lot of the more 'write your own songs and play an instrument' people in the music industry cannot stand the sugar coated pop they put out. I don't think people like Jake Bugg have a right to criticise them as there is a place for all type is music in my eyes, but in the history of music, their kinda boyband pop has never been well regarded. Let it go over your heads boys, you are world famous, adored and minted. Who cares.

Apologies for the diversion, back to Nick!

by Anonymousreply 14802/23/2013

148, how stay Zayn aut of drama on twitter when two months ago he was in a very public big fight with Max from The Wanted in which they call each other all kind of rude names? This drama was all over the papers at the time. I remember he called Max " chlamidia boy" and "loser". Zayn is a beast when he wants to. And for the J Bugg thing, that idiot started this thing calling them "terrible". Niall said he was disapointed that someone he admired is so nasty with them, and Louis said "Hi JB, do you think slagging off boy bands makes you more indie?" - imo not rude at all. The only thing I consider wrong of them was to give free publicity for this guy. I understand you hate Louis (and Liam?) with all your heart, but please, be fair when you affirm something.

by Anonymousreply 14902/23/2013

I found the bit in the Sun article about Harry giving Millie a tour of the studios interesting. Fiona mentioned on Friday morning about 'keeping track of where people are at all times' (or something similar) with regards to Thursday's show and it made me wonder at the time whether Harry had wandered off somewhere and why.

by Anonymousreply 15002/23/2013

Whilst they may have slept together, I don't think H&N are a couple and probably are hooking up with other people (I assumed the dark haired model was one of them following all the pics from Wednesday night)

However The Sun article, 3 days after the event and full of rather odd detail looks like PR to me.

by Anonymousreply 15102/23/2013

Is Millie not Example's girlfriend/fiancé?

by Anonymousreply 15202/23/2013

LG Did he hook up with the brown hair girl at Nicks flat? or was it during one of the after parties, or was it after he left Nicks show, or was it Friday? I dont see when he would of had the time on Wednesday?

by Anonymousreply 15302/23/2013

R152 No she is not his fiance is Erin McNaught!

by Anonymousreply 15402/23/2013

It's definitely PR.

by Anonymousreply 15502/23/2013

I agree, R153. It doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 15602/23/2013

R153, having seen the piece in The Sun, I now don't think they hooked up at all and probably aren't about to either.

by Anonymousreply 15702/23/2013

I doubt anything happened with Harry and that model and the oddly timed article screams PR to me,if there an actual story it would have been printed since day 1,not three days later.

In other news why is everyone so shocked by Bugg's comments?! He is clearly going down the Oasis/Noel Gallagher road when it comes to his music but also his attitude and Noel has slagged off about 3/4 of the music scene so i'm not surprised by his comments.

by Anonymousreply 15802/23/2013

One thing that I didnt understand is why would Harry give the girl a tour of Nicks work place? Did they just need more detail for their story?

by Anonymousreply 15902/23/2013

[R159]

It could be an assumption or maybe she asked. Or there is always the possibility that there is some truth in the story and Harry was trying to impress her (just to keep an open mind on it all). I still want to know what Dev saw that he's saving for his memoirs.

by Anonymousreply 16002/23/2013

I think maybe a few others were there, since Nick mentioned Jaime? Maybe the tour was for the others or Harry did show them around as a group or something? Or it was all made up like the rest of the story, haha!

by Anonymousreply 16102/23/2013

I wouldnt be surprised if the studio thing is completely made up,like the stories about Harry and Cara hooking up all over London and at the Olympics were.

by Anonymousreply 16202/23/2013

Jaime Winstone was definitely there.

by Anonymousreply 16302/23/2013

Why wouldn't Harry be able to hook up with someone at Nick's flat?

by Anonymousreply 16402/23/2013

R164

He could probably snog someone at Nick's flat or maybe sneak off to the bathroom with them, but I think it would be a bit weird to actually hook up with someone at your friend's one bedroom flat - unless Nick and Harry have a very very relaxed friendship ;)

by Anonymousreply 16502/23/2013

I've done stranger things while drunk and coked up. I don't know about this article, just looking at it from both sides.

by Anonymousreply 16602/23/2013

149 - I don't hate any of the 1D boys, I'm not really a 1D fan, but I very much like Harry, so I have an interest that way. I forgot about Zayn's little drama. Seems like it really only has been Harry who has kept quiet. Makes me like him even more. He clearly knows not to burn bridges. and most of his friends are the indie rocker/hipster types who would hate 1D's music. Harry seems like a complete exception to all rules. Good lad.

by Anonymousreply 16702/23/2013

R166

I really don't think Harry was coked up, just drunk. I don't get the impression he properly hooked up with someone, but he could well have been chatting that girl up/had a snog. Or they could just have been sprawled in the living room for a couple of hours listening to music and trying to sober up a bit - we'll never know!

by Anonymousreply 16802/23/2013

The interesting thing to me about the tour of the studios story is how does Harry know the building well enough to show anyone round? He's only been at the new building in official popstar capacity what, twice?

by Anonymousreply 16902/23/2013

Yeah, it's a bit random...it was most likely someone else showing them around.

by Anonymousreply 17002/23/2013

That is if a tour took place at all.

by Anonymousreply 17102/23/2013

Why are we suddenly believing the sun? If we all thought Haylor, which was all over the tabloids, was fake surely one would draw a conclusion that yet another story about a random girl is also probably nonsense? ...

by Anonymousreply 17202/23/2013

R169

That's a very good point actually! Perhaps the real story is that Nick showed them round and that's why Fiona made the 'tell someone where you are' comment?? Because they disappeared off for the tour and the show was going to start soon.

by Anonymousreply 17302/23/2013

There are a few things that make me doubt the brunette story. Yes, she was pictured leaving with Harry but there's absolutely nothing to show he was paying her any attention, she even took a separate taxi (with Jamie and other girls presumably if there were) while Harry was with Nick all night. All the other papers only talke about how H and N were inseparable through all the parties, with mentions of H having girls surround him at one party, hanging out with two blondes at another party, etc. doesn't sound like she was there for most of it and he was definitely keeping other girls around at other parts of the night. I mean who knows but to me it really just seems like they made sure to have various girls with them throughout the night, and two coming back to Nick's, so it wouldn't look as suspicious - if they keep women around them, then it's more of a "party" going back to Nick's, then Nick could be helping H pull, etc. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's perfect PR protection and the details don't REALY add up with other descriptions of the night so I'm quite skeptical.

by Anonymousreply 17402/23/2013

To be honest R171, it just amuses me that even when the tabloids are faking a story about Harry and some random woman, there's an implication that he spends enough time with Nick to know all about where he works.

On a side note, did anyone else find it interesting there were no pics of either Harry or Nick leaving R1 after the post-Brits show? I'd expected fan pics at least and maybe pap shots (although I don't know what the routes in and out of there are like these days).

by Anonymousreply 17502/23/2013

I agree, R172.

by Anonymousreply 17602/23/2013

Sorry my phone corrected that were it should just be *really

by Anonymousreply 17702/23/2013

R132 Well to me it looks like a PR repair job to me. Guess the N and H press stories were sailing too close to the wind for someone's liking.

by Anonymousreply 17802/23/2013

[R132] Yep, looks like the papers are back to normal and so is twitter. Back to Harry the womanizer just in time for tour. Good on ya PR.

Willing to bet that this Millie Brady will be the new Cara in a few months thanks to being hooked to Harry.

by Anonymousreply 17902/23/2013

R175 I thought i was weird. After all the pictures there's not one of them leaving Radio 1. I wonder if Harry left right away, or if they both went back to Nick's after the show.

by Anonymousreply 18002/23/2013

The story about the model didn't come out til two days later. All the papers ran stories on the night about H and N being around various other celebs and girls and sticking by each other's side all night through multiple after parties. The model thing is only being written up after the papers go insane with innuendo and anyone is supposed to buy it?

by Anonymousreply 18102/23/2013

I wonder if maybe the new BBC studios is just harder to pap? I haven't seen any pics of radio DJs or celebs coming/going like at the old building. Maybe there's an underground parking lot?

by Anonymousreply 18202/23/2013

The Sun's story seems to have spread to the others, with the Daily Mail also including

"If the pair do hit the town with friends Millie can expect to be joined by Grimshaw who is a regular fixture when Harry is partying."

Which is all very handy, and obviously a PR release as the Daily Mail are not going to know to include that line without being asked.

I love the fact that even though this is meant to be a potential new girlfriend, they are all very careful to say nothing happened. I imagine this is the way it may go for a while, hints about girls Harry knows rather than anything "confirmed".

Am just relistening to the radio show from Thursday (I was only able to half listen at the time), and have got to the bit where Nick asks Harry to pop round so he can see what his face looks like, Fincham's throat clearing after they start saying hello to each other again is rather amusing. He certainly had his work cut out with the two of them.

(There are several exits from the new BBC building so it is easy to leave without being seen).

by Anonymousreply 18302/23/2013

I saw a picture of H leaving radio 1 on Thursday. He left on his own as far as I'm aware. Can't find the picture now though.

by Anonymousreply 18402/23/2013

That is an interesting, preemptive sentence to include, C. Haha!

by Anonymousreply 18502/23/2013

I think H and N left seperately as they both seemed very tired and hangover so they probably went straight to sleep like Nick said he would.

by Anonymousreply 18602/23/2013

R185 - It also is implying that Harry might be popping back to London in between concerts too.

R184 - Well given Nick had certainly said he was going straight to bed I think it would be unlikely they would be seen leaving in the same cab!

by Anonymousreply 18702/23/2013

That is a good point, C...unless they are just talking about this weekend but that seems unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 18802/23/2013

Wow, c, the little pre-emptive sentences like that so make me think that if we see this girl again and it's not a one time thing it will definitely be an excuse for H being around Grimmy, they're setting it up so blatantly.

That being said I can't help hoping that this won't be another Delevingne situation and the story is just to cover for that one night.

by Anonymousreply 18902/23/2013

Any sightings of Nick at the concert or is he going to the evening one?

by Anonymousreply 19002/23/2013

My favourite part of the radio show with Harry was when Harry was asking where Louth is, and Nick became all silly asking if that was a friend of Harry's from Dalston. Harry giggled like a little girl. Really cute to hear :)

by Anonymousreply 19102/23/2013

R190 it's the afternoon one with Coxy. I remember Nick saying he was going to Examples show tonight

by Anonymousreply 19202/23/2013

R190 - He said he was going to the afternoon one with Sarah, which would make sense as it's Toddla T's birthday party this evening and I think he will be there for that.

by Anonymousreply 19302/23/2013

R192 - A busy evening obviously!!

by Anonymousreply 19402/23/2013

Thanks, R192. I thought so but was not sure.

by Anonymousreply 19502/23/2013

I was listening to Sara Cox after thursdays show and she mentioned Nick was still in the office at around 11:30, no idea what time he actually left but don't think Harry would have stayed for that long.

by Anonymousreply 19602/23/2013

Thanks, C. That will be a busy evening.

by Anonymousreply 19702/23/2013

Wow 1D concert and Example's gig and a party,definitely a busy day for Grimmy haha :) i do love how many friends he has and how everyone seems to enjoy his company,he must be really fun to be around!

by Anonymousreply 19802/23/2013

The bloke who tweeted about two half reliable sources recently has tweeted again including their @names.

by Anonymousreply 19902/23/2013

Nick is at the concert

by Anonymousreply 20002/23/2013

I hope Grimmy actually goes to the concert, he does have a habit of saying he'll do things and then not!

by Anonymousreply 20102/23/2013

Here's a picture I find hugely amusing haha!

by Anonymousreply 20202/23/2013

Thanks, R199.

by Anonymousreply 20302/23/2013

I don't know why I find Nick sat amongst all the fangirls hilarious, like he's one of them

by Anonymousreply 20402/23/2013

Yay!!!! Thanks for the tweets and photo links.

by Anonymousreply 20502/23/2013

R204 - Well from the couple of different accounts of Harry performing directly towards Nick for most of the iTunes festival they probably thought it best to put him a little further back this time.

by Anonymousreply 20602/23/2013

Haha, yes, C.

by Anonymousreply 20702/23/2013

How good to see he actually made it! I hope he later hangs out with Harry but i suspect the boys might go out all together with their families to celebrate the beginning of the tour or something.

by Anonymousreply 20802/23/2013

A girl sitting third row tweeted that she's sat opposite him so he's not exactly in the middle of the crowd far back or anything.

by Anonymousreply 20902/23/2013

Gemma is there and I think Nick gets on well with her!

by Anonymousreply 21002/23/2013

C i found the H/N interaction during the itunes festival(as reported by fans and also by one of our posters here)very adorable! Even from the clips you could tell Harry was often looking at the direction of someone etc,so lovely :)

by Anonymousreply 21102/23/2013

Pics of nick at the concert!

by Anonymousreply 21202/23/2013

R211 do you happen to have a link to any video of the iTunes festival like you described? I've always wanted to check that out myself but never found anything where you could actually tell

by Anonymousreply 21302/23/2013

R213 Here's a full performance, I haven't watched it so I don't know what it's like and if you can tell. Might give it watch now.

by Anonymousreply 21402/23/2013

I think it was only fan accounts, I don't think there was video of their interaction. I may be wrong though, R213.

by Anonymousreply 21502/23/2013

R214 thank you so much!

by Anonymousreply 21602/23/2013

R213 there are a couple,one where i noticed Harry threw a couple of those paper snowballs to someone where people said Nick was sitting,that was a video with good quality and another one with pretty bad quality and sound where Harry was at the edge of the stage waving and nodding at someone as it seemed.I found them both on tumblr but i will see if i can find them on YT as well!

R210 Judging from their often twitter interactions i'd say Nick is pretty friendly with both Gemma and Anne :)

by Anonymousreply 21702/23/2013

Regarding Fiona's comment about people not wandering off: I assumed was meant in relation to the night before. As in when Harry and Nick disappeared from wherever Matt Fincham and Fiona were and ended up with Jamie and various others at Nick's flat.

by Anonymousreply 21802/23/2013

Harry walks off to the right quite a bit in that video

by Anonymousreply 21902/23/2013

R218 yeah exactly I read somewhere too that matt and fiona possibly had to go get nick (and harry) from the flat to make sure he was showing up

by Anonymousreply 22002/23/2013

Oh, that's interesting, R218 and R220.

by Anonymousreply 22102/23/2013

R208 - I'm not too sure they will be out tonight, they have an evening concert today and then one tomorrow lunchtime as well.

R214 - Thanks for the link; I haven't seen it before.

From the photographs it looks as if Nick is at the front of the stalls which would make sense.

by Anonymousreply 22202/23/2013

R222 yeah i know,it was more wishful thinking than anything else,i assume they'll probably be adviced to rest since their concert scedule is so demanding!

by Anonymousreply 22302/23/2013

Still catching up in the Thursday programme; Harry seems quite at ease with Ian which would rather support the Aimee/Ian theories.

Also Harry was obviously the 6th person at the Annie Mac/Toddla T/Aimee/Ian/Nick Beyonce documentary viewing (Nick says at one point "we watched that Beyonce one" and ends with "we like Beyonce" (one presumes he means he and Harry there and he isn't talking about himself in the plural form)), which seems to have been early evening last Sunday from other comments last week. (Which also fits in with Harry DJ'ing late and being the person who approved the choice of T Shirt etc when it had marks on it for the Monday show).

by Anonymousreply 22402/23/2013

Things like the Beyonce documentary evening make me think they are a couple or at least do coupley things. Aimee brings Ian and Nick brings Harry.. almost like a group date.

by Anonymousreply 22502/23/2013

In relation to Fiona's comment about 'telling someone where you are..' I had two thoughts. Firstly that Matt was a sort of chaperone to Nick, to make sure he made it in for the show and then somewhere Nick managed to 'loose' him.

Or that it was in reference to Matt, as his voice was not heard for the first hour or so of the show and maybe he was AWOL.

by Anonymousreply 22602/23/2013

The Beyonce thing make me climb off the fence a little too.

by Anonymousreply 22702/23/2013

Yes, I agree. R225.

by Anonymousreply 22802/23/2013

I agree on the Beyonce thing and i bet that's not the only time something like this happened,like we've said we cannot possibly know all their meetings as they're both trying ti be discreet about it.

by Anonymousreply 22902/23/2013

isis - Yes, it's very much a term of phrase you would only use as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 23002/23/2013

Yeah, he definitely told the Beyonce documentary story like Harry was there too, the "we like beyonce" comment was very couple-y, and it was the two of them hanging out with two other couples that night and nick asking harry if it was alright to wear the same shirt the next morning in. It all seems to point towards them actually being a couple, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 23102/23/2013

Either that or a friendship with minimal barriers.

by Anonymousreply 23202/23/2013

Does this mean that Nick also was backstage?

by Anonymousreply 23302/23/2013

Just posted to Instagram "lol"

by Anonymousreply 23402/23/2013

Yeah, it really does in my opinion as well R231.

by Anonymousreply 23502/23/2013

R233 Looks that way!

by Anonymousreply 23602/23/2013

Would make sense if N is backstage to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 23702/23/2013

Nick is with Fran Cutler "Harry has given the best seats in the house" How sweet!

by Anonymousreply 23802/23/2013

I think it does, R233!

by Anonymousreply 23902/23/2013

R238 That's adorable!

by Anonymousreply 24002/23/2013

R233 - Yes.

Out of interest, just in case anyone knows, does Perez Hilton normally write "articles" about couples who are not "known" to be dating and imply that they are getting married? Obviously he is over the top but having a quick look again just now (I wanted to see the comments) at what he posted yesterday about Nick and Harry he does seem to have jumped over several steps along the way.

by Anonymousreply 24102/23/2013

Awwwwwwww, R238, that really is adorable!

by Anonymousreply 24202/23/2013

I've never noticed him do that about anyone before, C. Then again, I only very rarely read his articles...maybe about Adam Lambert or Jonathan Groff because those are generally positive.

by Anonymousreply 24302/23/2013

C he has a habit of "outing" people,that i know,but i'm not sure about the marriage comments.

R238 this is so adorable omg!

by Anonymousreply 24402/23/2013

Fran Cutler has also posted this. (Sorry about the format; I am not good at posting instagrams).

by Anonymousreply 24502/23/2013

Harry at the show. He looks VERY good.

by Anonymousreply 24602/23/2013

Thanks, C. So, they were definitely backstage then :).

by Anonymousreply 24702/23/2013

c - That is so cute!

by Anonymousreply 24802/23/2013

R246 I know we will never know, but in that second picture his legs remind me of that instagram picture Nick posted with his legs draped all over someone

by Anonymousreply 24902/23/2013

R249 - To be honest, the fact that the arms were being held purposely out of shot pretty well convinced me it was Harry (and it was at least a couple of hours later before he was seen with anyone else that evening so there is nothing to say he couldn't have been there).

Also supporting the Aimee/Ian theories, see attached.

by Anonymousreply 25002/23/2013

Yeah, I was already convinced it was Harry as well, C.

I love Aimee and Ian's photos of each other!

by Anonymousreply 25102/23/2013

I'm still not convinced that Ian and Aimee are anything more than friends but they'd make a lovely couple!

by Anonymousreply 25202/23/2013

R252 I thought him being snuggled up on her lap was quite cute regardless of wether they're in a relationship

by Anonymousreply 25302/23/2013

R252 - No, on the face of it I wouldn't have thought they would have been a likely pairing either, hence my use of "theories" as they are not really my own thoughts, however they do seem to have hit it off as friends at least; which is nice.

by Anonymousreply 25402/23/2013

R252 Um Matt Fincham tweeted "@msaimeephillips Which side and out of whose bed have you got out of this morning? Oh hang on, I can field that last one..." last week and she replied "@mattfincham I guess we'll find out after the 8 o'clock news" aka when Ian shows up, I think it's pretty clear?

by Anonymousreply 25502/23/2013

Twitter/tumblr are saying that Harry sang "now what would you do" instead of "girl what would you do" in Last First Kiss but I would be hesitant to believe anything until there's videos, there were tons of claims last tour that didn't always check out, or that people argued over whether or not it sounded like it - though the boys do mess around and change words up frequently.

by Anonymousreply 25602/23/2013

R253 yes that was such an adorable photo they seem really close!

C - i never thought they'd be a couple cause Finchy wouldnt strike me as her type but if that's the case then they seem very adorable together!

R255 i found that telling as well but as Nick has said in the past he often shares his bed with friends and has no problem having around people and thid circle of friends like to joke a lot so i never know what to make of it!

It does look like the start of a new relationship or a very close friendship,i'd love it if Aimee was on the show one day!

by Anonymousreply 25702/23/2013

I love how Ian is so integrated into their circle of friends now :)

by Anonymousreply 25802/23/2013

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but how did all of those other people get to R1 Thursday morning? We have pictures of the entire group going to Nick's in the large van/suv (although I don't actually remember seeing any pictures of Millie in the suv or at Nick's), but it looks like Nick and Harry are alone in a cab on the way to R1. Seems strange that Harry would invite the Millie along and then send her in a different car.

by Anonymousreply 25902/23/2013

R256 i hardly believe the fans until i see videos myself as it's very common in this fandom to spread lies or misunderstand things.There is the infamous video of Harry singing "different dick every night" instead of "different date every night" but personally when i watched the video i could hardly understand him over the screaming fangirls,then again englisj isnt my first language.

by Anonymousreply 26002/23/2013

Who is Fran Cutler please?

by Anonymousreply 26102/23/2013

R259 It's easy enough to crop people out of photos. She's not famous, so why would they show her?

by Anonymousreply 26202/23/2013

I never take their lyrics change seriously,i think fans like reading too much into that as well as the boys "singing" to each other but i believe it's all done for fun and to entertain the fans mostly.

R261 she is a party organizer :)

by Anonymousreply 26302/23/2013

so Nick was at the 1D concert today. He along with Fran Cutler and her kids. Fran had taken a photo of Harry with the kids backstage so I can only assume that Nick was with them when she did ;)

by Anonymousreply 26402/23/2013

I quite imagine the boys 'forget' the lyrics half the time. Not totally but when you are singing so many different songs, you are quite likely to muddle up a 'she' and a 'you' or 'they' etc etc!

by Anonymousreply 26502/23/2013

R259 - Well Jaime Winstone arrived later with the pancakes so I presume she came with her, since she was not in the car with Nick and Harry. Given Nick's comments about the full studio I presume Cal was there also.

R261 - Attached is a very old article about her but it gives a little background, and as far as I know she still has her party planning company. She seems to have been a friend of Nick's for a while (in fact it was she that my friend Jake saw with Nick, Harry, Rita etc a couple of weeks ago, which is why he recognised them as his father had been her neighbour in London some years ago)

by Anonymousreply 26602/23/2013

R262 well Eve and her friends(Sam Teasdale's friends who work for the make up team at TXF) aren't famous but the photos of them and Harry at his birthday party made it to the papers.I think what most likely happened is what C said.

R265 i agree,plus it's quite common for artists to change song lyrics and mess with fans while live on stage,it's entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 26702/23/2013

Thanks c and 263

by Anonymousreply 26802/23/2013

Thanks for the details, C. I didn't listen to the whole show...yet, so had no idea she arrived later. That makes sense.

Thanks for the background/details on Fran as well.

by Anonymousreply 26902/23/2013

I agree that they just change lyrics up for fun but if Harry honestly changed lyrics so as not to say "girl" at a concert which Nick also happened to be attending I would raise my eyebrow a bit. However if you look up videos that are already on YouTube I honestly don't think he did. More than likely the rumor was started by a larry shipper, that happened practically every single concert last tour

by Anonymousreply 27002/23/2013

Nicks friend Emily was also with them in the studio on Thursday, she instagrammed a picture of a list of breakfasts for everyone in the studio. They most likely arrived in a separate car as they wouldn't be enough room in the car with Nick.

by Anonymousreply 27102/23/2013

A girl met Grimmy and he held her sign

by Anonymousreply 27202/23/2013

That's sweet, thanks, R272!

by Anonymousreply 27302/23/2013

And a slightly different view of same sign

by Anonymousreply 27402/23/2013

haha R274 I like that he looks suitably embarrassed! Cute though.

by Anonymousreply 27502/23/2013

If I were press I'd be writing a bitchy nick article right now. pics make him look like he's alone w/ fan girls, which is not ideal. I wish he'd taken someone a little more famous.

As an aside the "Partying In Styles" headline- wasn't that seen here some days ago when a poster misread something?

by Anonymousreply 27602/23/2013

JJ - If they are nicking our puns (which is what you are saying with your second paragraph?) maybe we should try making up some better ones!

I loved the photograph, but so so misguided, he should have let Fran hold both sides, the fact that someone asked him to hold it is totally going to get lost, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 27702/23/2013

Hey C, Not sure they are nicking them but wouldn't surprise me if there were the press sniffing around here and digi spy. They do it a lot for celeb stories.

Just made me laugh that a poster had misread a post and been vaguely offended by the headline then realised and said oops then a couple of weeks later the offending non-headline appears in print!

Agree with your "misguided" comment totally

Something different - does anyone know how many threads in the history there that are dedicated to this topic. I seem to have found about 20 so far?

by Anonymousreply 27802/23/2013

JJ there have been similar headlines before,i think the Sun had one about Grimmy being in Style (capital S),that was either in an article or in a headline of one so it's not really a "new" pun.

There have been quite a lot threads,didn't they stop around part 25?

by Anonymousreply 27902/23/2013

This is OT but someone has apparently found Zayn's old tumblr? And the posts are from 2009-Jan 2010, before he was on x factor. It's um interesting? Can it be possible to make a tumblr page and manipulate the date of posts? because it looks legit. I don't understand this tumblr malarky.

by Anonymousreply 28002/23/2013

Part 13 was the last "Harry and Grimmy" one before they switched to "grimshaw and co"

by Anonymousreply 28102/23/2013

Well!

by Anonymousreply 28202/23/2013

You can back date posts on tumblr. It's entirely a fan fabrication. Not actually Zayn.

by Anonymousreply 28302/23/2013

Yeah, R282...INTERESTING.

by Anonymousreply 28402/23/2013

R280 you should get an award for best in context use of the word malarkey

by Anonymousreply 28502/23/2013

R283 Okay, thanks!

R282 Well that is interesting, Nick doesn't think what he says half the time I think haha!

by Anonymousreply 28602/23/2013

R280 yeah it's fake, see the attached link

by Anonymousreply 28702/23/2013

I'm pretty sure in many occassions Nick is too tired and probably lacking of sleep so he doesn't think much of what he's saying!

The post R252 attached implies Nick must have spent time backstage with Harry or at least knows his backstage activies,as for the "watching Simpsons on bed" thing...no comment ;)

by Anonymousreply 28802/23/2013

Totally meant R282 and NOT R252 sorry i'm too tired!

by Anonymousreply 28902/23/2013

Another picture of Nick from the concert. She claims she was also sitting by Harry's grandparents as well

by Anonymousreply 29002/23/2013

A great, detailed post of Nick's twitter interactions with Harry's mom and sister:

I love how sweet and funny they are together!

by Anonymousreply 29102/23/2013

That is just super adorable R191! They seem very close and it makes them look more couple-y to me!

by Anonymousreply 29202/23/2013

It really does, R292!

by Anonymousreply 29302/23/2013

Be friends or more - I melted a little bit at the thought that clearly Nick being their on their opening show was obviously a pre-planned thing and not a last minute decision as suggested on his radio show. He had front row seats of the section also occupied by family members (if twitter is to be believed). If he was a last minute booking, the front seats would have been allocated. He also took a friend with children. and not as suggested Sara Cox or Tina from the news, in his last minute plans.

Friend, boyfriend or somewere in-between - their bond kills me. They pop up together at 99% of important events in their lives. Standard birthdays and christmases aside, which they've done together for two years now, with Nick actually throwing both Harry's 18th &19th parties, you get start of a world tour - Nick's right there. End of Nick's night shows, Harry's there. Start of Nick's breakfast shows, Harry is the first ever guest albeit on the phone. Nick's first pre-brits party thing, Harry was by his side in nearly all the pictures we got. Brits, as soon as they could be together, they joined at the hip. Nick stayed up to watch the MTV awards to see Harry. I could go on.

Its just so sweet. and nice to see two people who you might never have expected to be so close, be so :) As a person coming from this as a Grimmy fan, I was so reluctant about Harry at first. Now, I couldn't love him more.

by Anonymousreply 29402/23/2013

Perfect post, R294. I couldn't agree more.

by Anonymousreply 29502/23/2013

R294

I agree completely. I'm an old skool Nick fan and whatever Harry is to him, it melts my jaded heart.

by Anonymousreply 29602/23/2013

R294

Well said! I have no idea if they're in a secret relationship or not, and in all honesty I don't care that much just as long as they keep hanging out and being as close as they are. Their relationship, whatever it may be, is lovely to see.

by Anonymousreply 29702/23/2013

R294- Agree with this so much! Your post made me smile. No matter their relationship status, N and H are clearly very special to each other. It's an amazing friendship!

by Anonymousreply 29802/23/2013

R294 I agree, whatever they have it's a nice to see. I just hope it can stand the time H will be away. Everyone who's close to 1D were there today. Friends, family etc. It was so nice to see N seated. I'm probably wrong but he looked so proud sitting there.

If it is as I suspect a full blown relationship then I really do feel for them both. Where the others can fly their girlfriends out and be seen out and about with them. H can't do that. And as N is really, really busy he can't just drop everything and join H whenever he pleases. It really is going to be difficult for them.

by Anonymousreply 29902/23/2013

R294 well said,your post actually made me emotional a little bit!

I don't know what is it with these two,maybe the fact that they are such an unlikely pair,but i got really invested in this story and i only started followibg the threads for fun as i was interested in Nick's personal life.

I'm sure they will miss each other lots during the tour,my best friend had to work abroad for 3 years and it was one of the hardest times.

by Anonymousreply 30002/23/2013

Even thought Nick joked that he doesn't talk to Harry when hes away we know that's a lie.. just look at Harry sending Nick pics of Niall while rehearsing for the tour!! I bet they will talk all of the time!

by Anonymousreply 30102/23/2013

I don't think distance will affect their relationship,especially if it is just platonic.

Harry knows what's like being away from people you love for long periods of time and so does Nick; Alexa now lives in NYC and his other friends,especially Pixie,Henry and Aimee do travel quite often but they all remain close as ever.

It'll be hard but i think if their bond is as strong as it seems they'll pick up from where they left off,still sad though,how Nick can't visit Harry on tour because of his job and because he'll definitelly raise eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 30202/23/2013

R294, Lovely post.

by Anonymousreply 30302/23/2013

R299, I agree and I hope they get to see each other as much as possible even if they can't really behave the same way the other guys can with their girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 30402/23/2013

Relationships survive much worse to be fair - yeh Harry is away a long time, but look at people with other halves/best friends in the army for example, can be 8/9 months at a time and its not like you can go visit them out there or contact them very easily! If I look at them from a friend angle, I don't think there is any worries - they are clearly each others very best friend, that doesn't go away with distance. If you come from a couple angle, they honestly seem like they would be one of those couples who just are together always, without much drama. I'm very interested to see how it plays out.

On another note, I've just looked at their tour schedule - good grief, its actually insane, they barely have a day off in 8 months, bar a month long gap between America and Australia! They must be making an absolute fortune!

by Anonymousreply 30502/23/2013

Their scedule is totally insane and i'm pretty sure the time they have off in the summer is so that they can promote their movie,not to rest!

by Anonymousreply 30602/23/2013

Don't think they really have that month "off"- their movie comes out then so I think it's so they can do promo for that or the new album they seem to already be working on

by Anonymousreply 30702/23/2013

Ohh I didn't think about that! Blimey - good luck to their voices is all I say! and keeping up the same energy the whole way through! Still, least movie promo will be some time back home for them. See their families and what not. I hope we get to see Nick going to visit them once, he does get 2 week breaks here and there, it would be feasible but maybe unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 30802/23/2013

R305 Oh I hadn't thought of it from that kind of angle. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah, a month to promote the movie. Their schedule is insane. Least the first two shows seem to have gone down well. Well with the fans, haven't seen the reviews yet.

by Anonymousreply 30902/23/2013

R305, I agree with you on them seeming like a drama-free couple. I hope that is the reality and that they manage well during this tour.

by Anonymousreply 31002/23/2013

why are they working on a new album already? i think the world has enough 1D as it is; What they need after this long exhausting tour is good rest and to spend time with their familes/friends/partners not more work God i know they are making crazy money but they are just kids!

by Anonymousreply 31102/23/2013

R311 What, they're working on a new album already? Good grief! Well I suppose they are seen as a product not as five individuals. At this rate they are in danger of burning out.

by Anonymousreply 31202/23/2013

R312 yes they are,i've read about it on twitter on those update accounts and Lots mentioned it as well in R307,i think according to their contract they have to release an album each year? at least for those 3 years they signed,and it's pretty certain they'll sign a renewal soon.

I'm pretty sure they'll burn out sooner or later,not right now but maybe in 2015 or so i believe the world will get tired of them like it usually happens with "teen idols".

by Anonymousreply 31302/23/2013

This is how pop music works now, no breaks or people will stop caring. Work them until it happens on its own and make as much $$$ as possible!

by Anonymousreply 31402/23/2013

A Larry shipper on tumblr who was sitting near Nick said that Harry was making fake bull horn motions in Nick's direction and checked up on him quite a bit. Didn't really see that in any of the videos but she doesn't like h/n much so don't know why she'd lie. She also said he looked alarmed when he saw Nick holding that sign.

by Anonymousreply 31502/23/2013

R315 Do u have a link to the post?

by Anonymousreply 31602/23/2013

Found this photo of Nick tonight at the concert,he looks so blissful and like he's really enjoying himself,it's so cute!

by Anonymousreply 31702/23/2013

oh God i posted the photo at the author section i'm really so tired! i'm sorry,here we go!

by Anonymousreply 31802/23/2013

R316 she kind of backtracked and edited her post to say that she thinks harry was waving to his grandparents but she said she didn't know if they were them or not. Here's the post:

by Anonymousreply 31902/23/2013

R319 Thanks!! Ya its funny how see said that Harry was totally NOT making faces at Nick and that Harry grandparents didnt know who Nick was... ok

by Anonymousreply 32002/23/2013

R320 np, found it funny too. My sister is on tumblr a lot so she showed me that knowing I'm interested in n/h...also showed me this:

It's a new tattoo on Harry-thought it was the number 9 until she mentioned it could be the letter "g"

by Anonymousreply 32102/23/2013

R321 It looks like a g to me.. but who knows..

by Anonymousreply 32202/23/2013

Looks like a g to me as well, r322. The "tail" isn't quite right for a nine, imo.

by Anonymousreply 32302/23/2013

Interesting...

by Anonymousreply 32402/23/2013

Could be a "g" disguised as 9,very practical if that's the case!

by Anonymousreply 32502/23/2013

Okay so in this pic from this afternoon it doesn't look visible:

by Anonymousreply 32602/23/2013

But it's not photoshopped as you can see in this photo from tonight's show:

by Anonymousreply 32702/23/2013

Harry didn't have the "g" on his arm in the first show, but then it popped up on him in the second one...mabye Nick drew on him? lol.

by Anonymousreply 32802/23/2013

I was just looking at some pictures of the live show on tumblr and it seem like Liam/Louis is the new "Larry" as far as on-stage "flirting" goes.

by Anonymousreply 32902/23/2013

That would almost be cuter, R328!

by Anonymousreply 33002/23/2013

Well he didn't have the "g" on him in the first show and Nick was quite possibly backstage at some point, then the "g" was there for the second show...I'd say Nick drew it on him (:

by Anonymousreply 33102/23/2013

R331 I love that tinhat!! I think its cute!

by Anonymousreply 33202/23/2013

New DM article I don't think has been posted:

A guote: "When I spotted them at a Sony party last week, they were giggling together in one corner like schoolgirls. What a bromance."

Seems a bit sarcastic

by Anonymousreply 33302/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 33402/23/2013

This article also mentions Alexa and Theo again for those interested:

"Last week I spotted the pair kissing at a Brits party hosted by Three Six Zero Group and Roc Nation. ‘There was a lot of chemistry between them,’ said an onlooker at London’s trendy Hakkasan restaurant."

by Anonymousreply 33502/23/2013

I don't believe for a second that Harry would exclude Niall from the bar tab, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Harry and Nick's friendship (or more) is separating him from the band a little bit. (Except in the case of Niall, who seems to like Grimmy as much as he likes anybody.)

Taken with a grain of salt (maybe a shot of vodka) and compared with that blind item about a performer who wants to come out's bit about how his project-mates support him on a personal level but thinks he should play it straight for the sake of their image, it sort of could almost fit?

IF it was about Harry, it wouldn't be ridiculous to think that Harry and Nick's 'glass closet' could put a strain on the band.

by Anonymousreply 33602/23/2013

I have wondered too if this whole thing about "harry doing so much without te boys" isn't necessarily about harry trying to break away from them but maybe some tension, maybe to do with nick (whether just because he'd rather spend time with that group or if the nick issue itself creates tension). But niall seems to get on great with nick, liam seemed to like him well enough when he said that bit about seeing him often when he comes to stuff with harry (although I always thought he sounded a bit awkward stumbling over the "with harry" bit). The boys still seem close in other respects, I reckon they were just getting some distance before tour. But who knows, I wouldn't be surprised if there was tension or awkwardness because of H/N. niall is the only one that I get the vibe really gets on with him, which makes sense with him being at the party - though to be honest I never would have really imagined that, but I suppose niall's quite easy to get along with and tends to like people. I honestly have no idea about the other boys. But to be fair I've also always wondered about how the boys get along with each other's gfs, that's something that hardly comes up.

by Anonymousreply 33702/23/2013

Well I took the headline "Harry and Nick head in the same Direction" as a not-so-subtle insinuation about Harry's sexuality, for one thing.

by Anonymousreply 33802/23/2013

and that photo caption. "Bromance: Nick and Harry have been getting noticeably closer recently"

by Anonymousreply 33902/23/2013

I think Niall is the only one who appears close with Nick simply because he's the only one who could get along with Nick and his group of friends as he is very easy-going and seems to like everyone.I can't imagine Louis,Liam or Zayn fitting themselves into this group of people,i don't see how they would match and they belong to different "scenes".However the boys seem to like Nick,their phone chats on the Breakfast show were pleasant and not awkward.

I don't think there is tension between the boys,it's not like the 4 of them are always together and Harry's the only one missing; they have all created a social life outside the band and each other which i find completely normal.They are going to spend about 8-9 months in each other's company ALL THE TIME,away from friends/family/girlfriends and boyfriends plus they did spend daily time together due to rehearsals/promo/work in general so isn't it normal they'd like to see people they wont be seeing while on tour in their free time?!

by Anonymousreply 34002/23/2013

I find it ridiculous when certain people try to present Nick as the big bad wolf who is trying to take Harry away from his badmates,Harry isn't a kid and i'm sure noone put a gun to his head and forced him to spend all this time with Grimmy instead of his bandmates.

It's normal and heathly for them to have a social life outside the band,they spend time together at work and are going to be in the constant presence of each other for a bit less than a year,clearly there are other people they'd like to see except from the 5 of them.If they were together always they'd end up hating each other.

by Anonymousreply 34102/23/2013

r341 I don't see that happen much? I see a lot of people complaining that Harry does it himself. But you're right, it's to be expected from all 5 of them if they want to remain friends with each other.

by Anonymousreply 34202/23/2013

At the beginning of the post-brits radio show Nick and Dev were talking about 1D and who was their favorite (obviously Harry) and then Nick said they were all equally good looking "except for one or two". It's not the first time he's said something similar about the rest of the boys. Last week when he was talking to Fincham about going on tour with 1D he mentioned something about the band being ok with that and Fincham said "well, two of them". I think he likes Niall, but I'm not sure about the rest of the band. I get the feeling he's not a big fan of Louis. I don't think he hates him, as some Larry shippers like to think, but I really can't imagine them willingly socializing, not to mention Louis is apparently the only 1D member he doesn't follow on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 34302/23/2013

R342 i've seen both sides; people saying Harry is distancing himself from the band and other saying that Nick is contributing to this.

I think these 5 boys are great friends and enjoy each other's company but they all have very different personalities so it's normal that they don't have the same circle of friends outside the band.

Personally i think Harry just enjoys the company of older people rather than the one of people his own age judging from the fact that the majority of his friends(not counting his hometown pals and his bandmates)are about a decade older than him or so.One thing that kind of made me believe the whole "Harry is distancing himself from the band" rumor is how when on tour Harry seems to spend more time with Lou and Tom(when he's there)or Cal and other friends(usually when they are in America)than he seems to be spending with the boys.

by Anonymousreply 34402/23/2013

R243 I think with Dev the "except for one or two" was actually negative, as Dev then joked about them only being there to round out the numbers? Also Nick was the one who said "two of them" if I remember correctly, Fincham had already started to say "one of them" obviously implying Harry. I think it's obvious Harry is much more part of Nick's social circles than the other way around, but I don't think there are necessarily issues with any of the boys - like someone else pointed out, their interviews with him that first week all seemed rather pleasant (although that was months ago so who knows if anything has changed.) Liam did say that Nick came to a lot of stuff and they all saw him a lot, he was always around, etc, so I imagine he was able to get on with them fine but probably just not going to overly broadcast his time hanging around with the boyband he's teased about enough already/Harry himself. He did also go with Harry to Liam's birthday, which was a sweet gesture, definitely more to do with them having plans before an after I think, since I really can't imagine Nick with Liam's crowd of friends but still. I have no idea what his relationships with Zayn or Louis or like. But like someone else pointed out about the 1D girlfriends, I also have no clue about how Harry gets along with Eleanor and she's been dating the guy who was his "best mate of them all" for over a year now. So who knows. We really don't see a lot of their private lives.

by Anonymousreply 34502/23/2013

Aren't you the same person who pointed out the girlfriends thing though R345? Because you are the same poster in R337

by Anonymousreply 34602/23/2013

in case anyone's interested in who may have written that G on harry's wrist, this is the only handwriting sample fandom found of Nick's

by Anonymousreply 34702/24/2013

Just catching up with the thread this morning!

Re. the Daily Mail article. Just reading that I can see how that article happened (if it's not entirely made up of course). I would bet good money Harry made a crack about not letting Niall put anything on his tab because hard-drinking Irishman har har, and then later Niall either wanted to leave or had to and Harry was the one to arrange the car.

The other thing I wanted to add about the whole Harry keeping his distance from the band thing is that he is the ONLY bandmember to be judged on that, I'm guessing because he's the only one to have such high profile friendships outside the band. We know Liam spends a lot of time with Andy, Louis with Eleanor or Stan etc but the tabloids/gossip sites rarely if ever comment on that. I think they all spend plenty of time with other people, Harry's just the only one to do it in the full glare of the paparazzi cameras.

by Anonymousreply 34802/24/2013

Agreed R348 and re R347 I don't have the audio clip but I remember them discussing on air how nick didn't write those because someone texted in making fun of his "a" and they had a chat about how fiona wrote it I think?

by Anonymousreply 34902/24/2013

Nick wrote on a ipad the other day on Greg's show when trying to win Brit award tickets for the girl who won his show competition and I also have a signed picture card from him but I wouldn't say the g could be said to definitely be his hand writing.

by Anonymousreply 35002/24/2013

R349

The only example of Nick's handwriting I can think of is when he played the game against Sara, Greg and Scott to win BRITs tickets (they all wrote their answers on their board and held them up). Can't find any pics though :(

by Anonymousreply 35102/24/2013

R350

Great minds think alike! :D

by Anonymousreply 35202/24/2013

Was just watching Sunday Brunch, and they were talking about how nice of a guy Harry is then they brought up Nick and said "and Grimmy is such a nice bloke too" and they said "we'd like them on the show wouldn't we? yeah Grimmy come on the show, bring Harry, none of the others just Harry."

Was a nice surprise watching it! I love how people see them as a pair/duo.

by Anonymousreply 35302/24/2013

That is sweet, R353!

by Anonymousreply 35402/24/2013

I just now listened to that audio clip of Sara Cox quoting Grimmy saying: "His character is even more beautiful then his face." about Harry.

that's adorable...

by Anonymousreply 35502/24/2013

Unfortunately, I think that wasn't actually Grimmy but a fan tweet she read by another Nick...Grimmy was with her and giggling though as far as I remember, R355. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...I'd love to be.

by Anonymousreply 35602/24/2013

When people say that Harry is trying to distance himself from the band or whatever I always think of this quote:

“Harry is very sensitive. He wants to talk but doesn’t want to make ­conversation. You have to do all the talking. He just wants a bit of company. He’s always worried about his mum. They’re all quite tight but Harry’s a little bit of a loner. He has a hell of a way about him. He’s a very charming individual. Everyone who meets him notices that. All the guys are lovely individually but Harry does have a certain something about him that separates him. ­No-one ever has a bad word to say about him. He gets a lot of attention from girls. Harry is a charmer… a smooth ­operator.”

I guess that just the way he is.

by Anonymousreply 35702/24/2013

R356 going on memory alone I thought that Sara read a text about how good looking Harry was and that quote in R355 was what Nick responded (albeit in a jokey tone)

by Anonymousreply 35802/24/2013

Maybe you're right, R358 :). It was adorable either way really...all the "fuss" R1 made about Harry's birthday was very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 35902/24/2013

R359

I love how Harry seems to be a total favourite at Radio 1. I remember post-Taylor break up that Sara Cox was very sarcastic about the girl who posted photos of her and Harry in the hot tub on Facebook, it was sweet how defensive she was of him.

by Anonymousreply 36002/24/2013

Yeah, R360, they do seem to love him, it's very cute.

by Anonymousreply 36102/24/2013

I wish I'd read about sunday brunch earlier I might have been able to catch it on +1

by Anonymousreply 36202/24/2013

Can anyone who listens to Radio 1 a lot remember if they always loved Harry or if that's become more of a thing recently?

Traditionally I only listen in the evenings but I followed Nick to breakfast and remember Fearne and Nick talking about Harry when he just took over that slot. It seemed to me as if she only really knew who Harry was (as an individual) because of Nick. I have wondered how much he's there and how much Nick talks about him.

by Anonymousreply 36302/24/2013

R362 It should be on 4od a bit later on!

by Anonymousreply 36402/24/2013

R363 I think the station has always been behind 1D generally, I remember Greg James and Grimmy loved them when they came back from X Factor with WMYB. Scott Mills likes them too. I think the other DJs just know H in the same way the general public do, as he gets the most press attention.

I remember Moyles interviewing them and taking the piss a lot, picking on Liam especially. I'm so glad he's gone, what a nasty piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 36502/24/2013

R363

I don't listen to Radio 1 loads (apart from Grimmy) but I remember Scott Mills calling Harry for his birthday last February and Harry guessed it was them because he recognised him and Becky's singing. Not sure how much of it is connected to Nick - I remember that Scott Mills clip from summer 2012 where he says he saw Harry the other day at the studio with a DJ and Chris (I think it was Chris) says "I bet I can guess which one" to which Scott replied "I bet you can" :D

by Anonymousreply 36602/24/2013

I think Radio 1 as a whole adore Harry because of his gaff at Brits 2012. He thanked the listeners of Radio 1 instead of Capital FM for their award by accident!

He seems to have hung out there a lot with N, and made a good impression on the DJ too.

by Anonymousreply 36702/24/2013

I think I have some soundcloud/tumblr audio clips of other radio one DJs talking about Harry and Harry/Nick from early/mid 2012; I'll link them when I get on my laptop if anyone is interested

by Anonymousreply 36802/24/2013

I saw Tyler James singing at the end of the show. Isn't he a friend of Nick? I wonder wad that any connection with H and N being mentioned on S B. I will have to watch again later thanks 364

by Anonymousreply 36902/24/2013

Please do, R368, it would be much appreciated. I've heard some, but not all.

by Anonymousreply 37002/24/2013

R365

One thing I love about the boys being interviewed on Grimmy's show is how relaxed the interviews are. I realise that people like to find out gossip about celebrities, but I would much rather listen to a relaxed chat where no-one's asking really awkward questions and the celebrity sounds like they're having fun! I noticed it particularly with regards to Niall's funny and cute phone chat with Nick to promote One Way Or Another in comparison to Harry on the other radio station where they were digging for info about Taylor Swift. Same with the post BRITs radio appearance, Nick asked silly or fun questions, not any of the awkward ones undoubtedly being sent it. It's something I really like about his celebrity interviews in general.

by Anonymousreply 37102/24/2013

I think Harry is a very charming and lovable person in general but i think his often presence at Radio 1 is big part of the reason why they like him so much,i bet many of them have met him and talked to him and i think Nick talks about him the way he always talks about his friends etc.

by Anonymousreply 37202/24/2013

That is very true, R371. I think he is a great interviewer actually...most of the time anyway!

by Anonymousreply 37302/24/2013

Thanks for the replies, all :D.

Remembered as soon as I posted that Scott Mills did the Ustream interview with 1D and has always been positive about them. He and Grimmy seem pretty chummy (they did the Fun and Filth at Edinburgh and a charity thing at Christmas IIRC) and I kind of like the idea if them both knowing they can call Harry and he'll be amusing.

Would love to hear the clips if you've got a mo.

by Anonymousreply 37402/24/2013

Scott Mills also used to a weekly thing (not for very long I think but I know there used to be clips on YouTube) that was like "questions with Harry Styles'" mum and Anne would call in (I think if was on Fridays) and he would ask her a question about the Harry or the boys or Harry growing up etc, and it was very sweet. His mum tweets Scott sometimes too, and seems to be fond of r1 as a whole. She came in for huw stephens' stag do when there's that pic of her and nick, and she played innuendo bingo. So his mum seems pretty loved around there too.

by Anonymousreply 37502/24/2013

It really does seem like no-one has a bad word to say about Harry. I always loved Fearne saying how nice he was to Nick. That the other boys pretty much just walk past and ignore her but Harry always stops to say hi and ask her how she is etc. To say he is by far the most 'famous' in the band, and could quite easily let it go to his head and not bother with stuff like that, its really nice to see.

by Anonymousreply 37602/24/2013

About the "g"....

Having a bit of a catch-up, but whilst I do, attached is the film of the Radio 1 DJ's quiz for their contestant to go to the Brits. Happily Nick's first answer is "grimmy" (about 5 minutes in). It's pretty well identical.

(Oddly the clip will not play on my laptop, but does on my phone, although it says that it won't play on mobiles, no idea why)

by Anonymousreply 37702/24/2013

Handwriting is a difficult thing to compare, but it's just a really random thing to have on your wrist? I can't think of any other reason why he would have a 'g' written there, bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 37802/24/2013

R377

Normally I am really sceptical about these sorts of things but wow, that really does look identical!

by Anonymousreply 37902/24/2013

Larry shippers were freaking out because it was on the arm that had the "things I can" tattoo whilst all his other arm tattoos are on the "things I can't" arm

by Anonymousreply 38002/24/2013

What I find fascinating is how fame seems to have made Harry nicer and [italic]less[/italic] arrogant - the exact opposite to the effect it has on most people. He came across very cocky on X Factor (and could even be quite choleric as well - not sure how many of you have seen the twitcam where he pushes Zayn against a table in anger offscreen, then storms off) - that seems to have totally vanished. I guess it's just growing up, because he was only 16 at the time, but still, with most teenagers, growing up while becoming a global superstar would only have exacerbated their cockiness, rather then mellowed them.

by Anonymousreply 38102/24/2013

Okay scratch that, I was looking at the wrong picture. It doesn't look THAT similar after all. Darn :(

by Anonymousreply 38202/24/2013

Yes, amusing to compare to Justin Bieber (though to be fair he did it alone)

by Anonymousreply 38302/24/2013

Harry just seems really nice.

with the video of Louis and Zayn pranking the others with that "pregnant" woman about to give birth...Harry was the one who sat down to help her breathe and so on....

or that story that Ed Sheeran told that Harry bought pizzas and drove around to give to homeless people.

I've also heard of him giving his jacket away to a fan because she was cold and a bunch of stuff like that.

and the video of the boys in Ghana with Harry openly crying seeing a sick child and his mother together.

and just the small things like mentioned before, that Harry took his time to greet Fearne and ask how she was doing while the others just walked by ...and the fact that Harry never gets into arguments on twitter even though he's the one who gets the most hate.

by Anonymousreply 38402/24/2013

I agree with that quote that Harry is the most sensitive of the group.

by Anonymousreply 38502/24/2013

Yeah, R384. He does seem like a good guy as does Nick and it's great to see people actually appreciate that.

by Anonymousreply 38602/24/2013

R386

I hate how despite all the people who work/socialise with Nick only ever seeming to say good things about him, newspaper articles and comment forums continue to be overrun with people who 'know' he's a creepy arrogant idiot. It frustrates me no end how so much gets misinterpreted and - before you know it - has become a fact that makes him look bad.

(excuse my random rant there!)

by Anonymousreply 38702/24/2013

Nice pic with of Nick and Example last night just to pull things back in a more general Grimmy direction. I can't seem to get the link up from tumblr but it is fairly near the top of the Grimshaw tab if you can get past all the spam posts.

by Anonymousreply 38802/24/2013

I agree, R387, it's definitely annoying and unfair.

by Anonymousreply 38902/24/2013

Another PR tweet - Caroline Flack and Taylor Swift both listed as beards....

R388 - If it's the one where Nick is wearing his "love" sweater then it's from the Q Awards back in October rather than last night, not sure why it was just posted though, maybe because Nick was due to be at his concert?

by Anonymousreply 39002/24/2013

Thanks, C, interesting...

by Anonymousreply 39102/24/2013

R388 It's an old picture. Someone just made a photo set (and maybe hadn't seen the pictures before)

by Anonymousreply 39202/24/2013

And she's linked with Daily Mail too? Interesting. The first person also asked her how long it's been going on, really curious if she'll reply.

by Anonymousreply 39302/24/2013

Has anyone else heard these rumors about Caroline Flack being one of the biggest beards? Who else has she seen that's suspected to be gay?

by Anonymousreply 39402/24/2013

I assumed it was last night as I knew Nick was due at his concert. I'm afraid I have only recently started wading through tumblr so hadn't seen the pics before. Still it was a nice pic. thanks for letting me know guys.

by Anonymousreply 39502/24/2013

Interesting to see someone made a post of N and H with one of Groff and Quinto. The way Zach and Jon used to go to each others shows and events and be seen out and about together before Zach came fully out does remind a little of how Harry and Nick operate. But they could still be good friends.

by Anonymousreply 39602/24/2013

another twitter convo btw a journalist student in Manchester who does "online content writing".

The guy she is responding to was also involved in another convo about it a guy, but no sources were mentioned.

Not particularly noteworthy, but there have been a lot of tweets today along the same line (but again, no "sources" mentioned)

by Anonymousreply 39702/24/2013

R397 - This seems to be the first part of the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 39802/24/2013

R396 Zach/Groff remind me of H/N in terms of how people used to say Zach and Groff look like friends and have no chemistry so they cant be dating,same "argument" thay some use for H/N.I'm not saying it's the same case but just that it's something i found funny when i noticed.

by Anonymousreply 39902/24/2013

R296 what do you mean "a post of N and H with one of Groff and Quinto"? Do you just mean they were compared here or is this somewhere else?

by Anonymousreply 40002/24/2013

Jon and Zach are lovely and they seem to handle working in different places at different times quite well, so it would be great if Harry and Nick turn out to be similar!

by Anonymousreply 40102/24/2013

R399 thanks for sharing that, I've never followed them but I assume there was some speculation and small "fan wars" over it?

by Anonymousreply 40202/24/2013

Zach flew over from NYC to London one weekend to see Jon in a play when Zach was still closeted so I wonder if we will see the same of Nick and Harry. They do seem to be following that relationship path pretty closely including both Zach and Nick's taste in younger modelesque males.

by Anonymousreply 40302/24/2013

R402 yes something like this,there was a Zach thread here as well and i think a few people said how Groff isnt Zach's type(since Colton Haynes was his ex and looked nothing like Groff) and there were others who claimed Hollywood sources and how they knew they were a couple and there was a bit of disagreement i could say,that was long ago though before they announced they were a couple and all that.

by Anonymousreply 40402/24/2013

just having a little catch up - the 'g' is pretty identical. and quite distinct as well. Handwriting is a funny one, but I'm quite taken with this one!

Its interesting ... if we are to believe these tweets, it very much implies Harry and Nick have been together or fwb or interested with each other for quite a long time, if we look back to Flack for example. If they are a couple, I really wonder if they have actually been together than long or if they were just friends for a while and it became more etc etc! I wish we could know. I hate not knowing. ;)

by Anonymousreply 40502/24/2013

It was on tumblr R400. Will find and link if I can.

There you go.

by Anonymousreply 40602/24/2013

R404 Thanks for expanding; Always interesting to look back with the benefit of hindsight. Will have to look more into these Colton Haynes rumours, only ever seen a vague suggestion on blind gossip.

by Anonymousreply 40702/24/2013

Oh i remember this R403! Would be lovely to see Nick visiting Harry.The only problem here is how big of a star Harry is and how his fans are very young girls who want to date him so if their people need to keep up the popularity he has to appear available and straight.Zach and Groff and many other glass closet couples didn't really have that problem and their fans were old enough to accept things and move on.

by Anonymousreply 40802/24/2013

Not terribly relevant, but in that one of Zachary Quinto I thought his hat had ears, until I realised it was sunglasses!

by Anonymousreply 40902/24/2013

In different news, Harry's been showing off his knowledge of Judaism on twitter again. I don't think he'd be that obsessed with it if he didn't have a Jewish background himself, would he?(I know it's been said that his dad is Jewish, but I still haven't come across a source for that.) Then again, he does seem to have a tendency to adopt the interests of his friends (Green Bay Packers, anyone?), so it might just be down to Ben Winston, idk.

by Anonymousreply 41002/24/2013

R405 I have seen a number of tweets saying that CF was a cover for N/H. And there was that Digital Spy blind from December 2011 that stated H was N's boyfriend.

So yeah, I have no idea what their rship status was/is. They've always been close, but to me seems like whatever their relationship is has gotten more serious since August/September, and maybe was fwb or something. Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 41102/24/2013

I was convinced he was Catholic, because he wears a silver crucifix and genuflects at the end of concerts, but now you point out the Jewish tweets and the idea he adopts the habits of those around him, maybe it is a Nick thing. Nick appeared on the front of a Catholic magazine before he started the morning show.

by Anonymousreply 41202/24/2013

I think H is spiritual rather than subscribing to a particular religion - he does wear a crucifix and he's been baptised, but he has a hebrew tattoo for his sister and obviously has Jewish heritage (I think his father is)

by Anonymousreply 41302/24/2013

I would guess if his his father is Jewish, then he may have relatives who are Jewish, cousins etc. and therefore knows a bit about their culture/festivals etc and is probably why he tweets and maybe even celebrates some of these things. Nick has mentioned before he was raised Catholic, but given his sexuality and the religions very anti-gay beliefs, I would assume he probably isn't practising! Although stranger things have happened.

by Anonymousreply 41402/24/2013

I just love this boy. He is refreshingly different.

by Anonymousreply 41502/24/2013

If Harry's really Jewish (ethnically, I mean), I'm surprised the Jewish Chronicle or another Jewish paper haven't reported on it yet. We always love finding out that celebrities are members of the tribe ;)

As a gay Jew, I find it interesting how Harry seems to have a similarly coy, teasing way of dealing with his Jewish identity as with his (possible)gay/bi identity.

by Anonymousreply 41602/24/2013

R416 my father is Jewish but not my mother and I've always assumed I wasn't 'ethnically' Jewish as seen by the faith? Obviously I have Jewish family and know the practices and customs but I don't consider myself Jewish, I would imagine it's similar?

by Anonymousreply 41702/24/2013

Aha! I had actually wondered if this could have been the case but look, Gemma just tweeted thanking Lou and Tom for having her while she was in London ("thanks for the snug") so I think it's feasible to suggest that she could have stayed with them in the past or visited. There was that whole thing about Gemma, Lou, Tom and Harry face-timing the night Nick posted the pic on the couch but this makes it look possible Gemma could have been with L and T rather than H - if I remember correctly she thanked Tom for teaching her how to do it, which seems to make even more sense if she was there. Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 41802/24/2013

As has been mentioned before I think, it might be that one of his stepfathers is Jewish, not his father, so he may have grown up with the culture but is not actually even ethnically Jewish. It's a possibility anyway.

by Anonymousreply 41902/24/2013

Actually never mind about gemma thanking tom it seems I completely made that up, sorry, could have sworn.

by Anonymousreply 42002/24/2013

The rule you're thinking of is a religious one, N16 - if you wanted to be a practicing Jew, you'd have to convert, because you weren't "born a Jew" in the religious sense (all my grandparents [italic] except[/italic] my maternal grandmother were Jewish, so I had to convert as a child).

But ethnicity is a distinct, more objective category, on which this Jewish custom of only recognizing the maternal grandmother doesn't have any bearing - if your father was Jewish, you're ethnically Jewish (just like someone with, say, a Chinese father would be ethnically Chinese). You certainly could get Israeli citizenship if you wanted - Israel considers everyone a Jew who has at least 1 Jewish grandparent, no matter if maternal or paternal.

by Anonymousreply 42102/24/2013

I'm listening to Thursday's show again and I'm pretty sure now that the thing Dev was referring to was whatever state Nick and co were in when they turned up. When he's talking to Nick, he says when he saw them "I was like 'oh my god" and then says he got up and running and now he's all proud of him etc.

by Anonymousreply 42202/24/2013

Out of interest, have we seen if Harry still has that g on his wrist today? Interested to see if its a tattoo or pen!

by Anonymousreply 42302/24/2013

You could be right -although in the taxi pics both H and N look far better than I would after that night out and I thought Nick sounded fairly together if a bit hyper.

I got the impression Dev's Tweet literally referred to that Harry was there. Since we know from nighttime that H being in the building was considered a major security risk, I'd imagine anyone letting on H was in the building before suitable arrangements to get him out again were in place would be in serious trouble. I think that's where Fincham was - sorting out how to get H out again - and I think I remember Dev casually Tweeting about running into Harry with Nick before and getting a telling off because no one was supposed to know he was there.

That ties with Fiona's comment about something being dangerous, but doesn't entirely make sense because I'm sure at the Brits Harry said he and to be up at 5am, making his appearance sound prearranged so surely all arrangements would be in place? Unless Nick wanted to bring Harry in, the bosses said no because of security concerns, and he showed up with him anyway.

by Anonymousreply 42402/24/2013

I know it was going around tumblr that Harry said he had to be up at 5 but in the backstage/after show stuff I watched I never heard that. They were asked if they had the day off and all seemed grateful they did so they didn't have to be up early, including harry, who was nodding and even gave a thumbs up or similar gesture to someone off camera, presumably manager or someone else responsible.

by Anonymousreply 42502/24/2013

R425 - It was in the ITV2 aftershow interview; it's when he is speaking in an Irish accent. From what I can remember he did say something about being up at 5, but what with the accent and the others all talking at once it wasn't clear what he was saying.

by Anonymousreply 42602/24/2013

Some girl twitted Harry this picture, and sent him a couple of tweets mentioning the "g", so I'm guessing it was some sort of in joke with the girls who went backstage yesterday? Maybe? I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 42702/24/2013

she did tweet this so it seems you're right R427

by Anonymousreply 42802/24/2013

R427 - Yeah it looks like one of her friends is called Grace and did it on his wrist.

by Anonymousreply 42902/24/2013

R427 - That makes much more sense, it was rather blatant otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 43002/24/2013

That's true, C.

by Anonymousreply 43102/24/2013

Nick just tweeted:

"the leg" ready for the Oscars party

by Anonymousreply 43202/24/2013

He looks really good i think the hard work at the gym is paying off!

by Anonymousreply 43302/24/2013

Another tweet

by Anonymousreply 43402/24/2013

R432 - From the shortness of fingers and foot, one presumes it isn't his! (one also presumes he didn't shave his legs especially for the Oscars, but one never knows.....)

The follow up is equally worrying....

R434 - The rumour will stopping being sneaky if everyone tweets it, won't it!!

by Anonymousreply 43502/24/2013

you mean this?

by Anonymousreply 43602/24/2013

Someone on Tumblr found a pic of Harry in bright orange socks ... and fed it into the whole pic of Nick's legs on someone with bright orange socks. Seeing that pic again after all the pics of Hazza recently, I'm fairly convinced they are his legs!

by Anonymousreply 43702/24/2013

do you have a link R437 ?

by Anonymousreply 43802/24/2013

Why worrying, C?

by Anonymousreply 43902/24/2013

R433 i'm pretty sure the leg belongs to a female :)

by Anonymousreply 44002/24/2013

R439 - Maybe, not quite the right phrasing, but the idea of getting into any of those positions puts me in a slight panic - I'm still traumatized by memory of PE/PT lessons...

by Anonymousreply 44102/24/2013

Another one. I think it's interesting that he says Harry's bi instead of gay, like most tweets.

by Anonymousreply 44202/24/2013

Ah, okay, C, I did not think of that...I used to be a gymnast so don't share the fear, haha :).

by Anonymousreply 44302/24/2013

R442 - I wonder if they are using "bi" because they have read so many "womanizing" articles. The use of the hashtag "sorryladies" would indicate more gay than anything else. The previous tweet started with Harry being called gay but the second tweeter repeating the rumour but amending it to "bi" seemingly without any further information.

by Anonymousreply 44402/24/2013

It's a bit of a strange conversation though, R442...what's so crazy about him or about him being bi or gay?

I think they might just be assuming that part though, but everything is possible.

by Anonymousreply 44502/24/2013

In all fairness i wouldn't be surprised if H is still figuring out what he likes and doesn't want any labels,i mean unless HE puts a label on himself noone can say for sure what's going on.I think he likes both males and females but seems to enjoy the company of males more.

by Anonymousreply 44602/24/2013

[quote]I think he likes both males and females but seems to enjoy the company of males more.

It seems to me that he likes women for hook-ups, but prefers men for a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 44702/24/2013

R446 - I quite agree; but then I would be very surprised he has discussed this with any of the people who have tweeted!

by Anonymousreply 44802/24/2013

It must get boring having females throwing themselves at him constantly surely..

by Anonymousreply 44902/24/2013

Tinhats on please.

by Anonymousreply 45002/24/2013

R450 Looks like just his feet to me with weird lighting

by Anonymousreply 45102/24/2013

R447 i agree,or at least he prefers men as his closest friends and he seems to look up to them a lot.I wouldn't be surprised if he settles down with a girl though.

C i wasn't implying that he has discussed this with people who tweet about it,i believe all these people just assume things about his sexuality but i'm sure only his family and very close friends know what's going on.Liam himself said that Harry is very secretive and sometimes he even hides things from the boys and tells them later on.

by Anonymousreply 45202/24/2013

I love Harry in this video from today. He is shinning.

by Anonymousreply 45302/24/2013

Love it, but there are more than one pair of orange socks in the world!

by Anonymousreply 45402/24/2013

Well, especially after the Haylor mess, I would be quite surprised if he hooks up with girls and even more so if he settles down with one, but that is just my impression of course. As others have said, only he really knows and those very close to him.

by Anonymousreply 45502/24/2013

Apologies for repeating but the tour pics reminded me- I've been told before the Harry idolises mick Jagger and is trying to model himself on Jagger. (He obviously likes them given tour t shirt)

Jagger infamously believed any man should experience male on male love and sex to be fun experienced and seemed to value the M/M relationships far more.

His most recent unofficial biog claimed he and Bowie were lovers for a fair while and suggests that Jagger shagged loads of women but didn't have much respect for them, probably partly down to how many threw themselves at him - - it's an interesting read.

Anyway - lots of parallels in the way HS seems to be approaching things I thought.

by Anonymousreply 45602/24/2013

Do you have a link to the blog, r456. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 45702/24/2013

R452 - No, no, I know you weren't. I quite agree with your comment. My point was that the people tweeting were really doing so with no actual knowledge, apart from the rumours they had heard, and were just making assumptions.

by Anonymousreply 45802/24/2013

Interesting, JJ.

I think H has quite a lot of respect for women, though - his mum and sister are strong, independent people and his attraction to Caroline rather than teenage girls who'd idolise him says a lot to me about what he likes/values.

Interesting that a lot of Nick's close female friends are the same 'type.'

by Anonymousreply 45902/24/2013

A lot of these uni students tweeting reminds me of how in my hometown everyone knows and occasionally mentions that Ellen Paige is gay/bisexual. I'm always surprised when people bring her and up and they just assume she is straight because it's common knowledge for me for years(and I'm sure a lot of the online community).

Considering the tweets we've seen H/N seem to be somewhat of an open secret so I'm always interested by tweets from chesire/leeds/manchester/london (rather than a random one from wales for example).

by Anonymousreply 46002/24/2013

I think the person in the dress is Collette Cooper. Sadie frost tweeted a picture of herself, Nick and Collette having a pre Oscars party.

by Anonymousreply 46102/24/2013

Still undecided on all this but I could believe girls like the model from the Brits night are 'purchased'. H&N spend the whole night together but H conveniently finds an aspiring model to be papped with at the end of the night? When the press seemingly ignore this the following day and focus on the N&H angle, The Sun pops up 3 days later with a detailed story just to remind everyone about her. Definately don't buy this one. Looks like another CD situation.

C, do you mind me asking, are you American? I always assumed you were British?

by Anonymousreply 46202/24/2013

Wonder if they're staying up to watch the awards. N might be a bit sleepy for tomorrow's show and JT interview then.

by Anonymousreply 46302/24/2013

R457 - it's bit a blog it's a biography - the daily m(fail) covered its release in July 2012. it's written by a guy named Chris Andersen.

R458 - you make a really good point there. Maybe I have the causality the wrong way round- maybe he is into Mick Jagger because he already saw parallels?

by Anonymousreply 46402/24/2013

whether or not they're in a relationship or just friends, I'm pretty certain that they have done something sexual together.

let's face it, Nick likes them young and pretty and his attraction for Harry is quite blunt.

and Harry is a young man who probably likes to experiment and try new things when it comes to stuff like that.

I do hope that they're in a relationship though...

by Anonymousreply 46502/24/2013

Harry does have a couple of friends that are at uni and whom he visits from time to time right? and i guess it's easier for young people to share gossip with their friends even though they aren't supposed to.

So i was just wondering if Harry(probably drunk)let some sort of info slip regarding his sexuality and relationship with Nick and then the gossip just spread? It's probably a silly thought but i don't think it's impossible.

by Anonymousreply 46602/24/2013

R466 that would make a lot of sense actually. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

by Anonymousreply 46802/24/2013

That's the way i see it too R465

by Anonymousreply 46902/24/2013

I can't open the tweet on my phone browser to get the link sorry but there was another reply to the tweet about rumors from @hashtagemmely (bio calls herself artist/musician/presenter in London) saying that she told him that (harry and nick are lovers) ages ago. Thought it was interesting and again implies it's been going on a while

by Anonymousreply 47002/24/2013

LG - No, I'm British. Well, to be precise, English with a Scottish grandparent!

R467 - There certainly seems to have been a house party in Surrey which has been mentioned a few times.

by Anonymousreply 47102/24/2013

R466 Yeah he seems to have friends in Leeds, but I was thinking more stuff like Nick/Harry being seen in each other's hometowns etc and people knowing a friend of a friend although of course what you mentioned could have happened too/as well.

Using my experience, I heard from a semi close friend whose sister knew the girlfriend of EP.

by Anonymousreply 47202/24/2013

LG- I totally agree with you about the model. That article after the fact was very weird. As were the pap pics from N's flat, from a balcony or roof. That's just bazaar and just seems very set up to me.

by Anonymousreply 47302/24/2013

Did we know for sure that Aimee wasn't there the night of the legs photo?

by Anonymousreply 47402/24/2013

C, I thought so based on how you write. It was just your use of "womanizer" with a Z!

What house party in Surrey are you referring to? The Jaggers live in Richmond?

by Anonymousreply 47502/24/2013

R470 can't seem to find a user with that name

by Anonymousreply 47602/24/2013

I'm pretty sure Nick had said she'd moved out by then or did the next day or something like that, R474.

by Anonymousreply 47702/24/2013

R476, this is the link to that tweet:

https://twitter.com/hashtagemmely/status/305764032823062528

by Anonymousreply 47802/24/2013

Here you go, R476:

by Anonymousreply 47902/24/2013

I thought Aimee might have actually been out of the country at the time, I think she tweeted about watching X Factor USA? And I know she was going back and forth a while in the process of moving

by Anonymousreply 48002/24/2013

R478 R479 thanks, my phone was being wonky

by Anonymousreply 48102/24/2013

Well, if they are together I have to assume the Digital Spy rumour from Nov11 was true and CF was a cover. It would be improbable (to me at least) that they weren't together then but somehow that rumour (at a time when no one was suspicious) had somehow predicted the future.

It would explain all the excessive hush hush too given he was still underage in many countries and states.

On an aside, remember the story about H and Natalie Imbruglia? Other celebs she has been linked to are Will.i.am and David Walliams.

Sounds like she's on the take for PR fairly regularly.

by Anonymousreply 48202/24/2013

LG - The "z" is the older English version (but you are right, mainly used in the US now). (I have a strange fondness for "z"'s so tend to use a lot of the old spellings).

R480 - Yes, I seem to remember there was a reason it couldn't have been her; I seem to have a vague memory of someone else's tweets putting her somewhere different at the time, but I can't remember where now.

by Anonymousreply 48302/24/2013

[quote]Well, if they are together I have to assume the Digital Spy rumour from Nov11 was true and CF was a cover. It would be improbable (to me at least) that they weren't together then but somehow that rumour (at a time when no one was suspicious) had somehow predicted the future.

Maybe Harry read at on the DS forum and thought "Hey - that sounds like a good idea!". ;)

by Anonymousreply 48402/24/2013

R482 The thing is I feel like some people would just question Harry and Nick's relationship anyway because you don't normally see a 17 year old boy became close friends with an gay man 8/9 years his senior.

So if a journo from that paper saw them being touchy feely in any way at a party etc, learned they had just become friends, and vaguely knew Nick's type they could have just made assumptions. Just trying to look at it from all angles.

by Anonymousreply 48502/24/2013

It being Oscar night has got me thinking - it was around Oscar time last year we saw the first pics of H leaving N's house after spending the night. If they are together, anyone think it's possible the party last week was actually an anniversary one of some kind and/or that the upping in how open they've been recently could be because they had some kind of 'if we make it a year' deal with either each other or their press people?

by Anonymousreply 48602/24/2013

A good point R485. I've always wondered a bit about the rumours of them being 'all over each other' at Shoreditch House. That can be quite a vague statement and both of them seem quite touchy feely anyway (especially if they'd had a few drinks). If they are together, and have been for this long, I find it incredible no-one has photographic proof yet, especially in the age of camera phones. Unless they're being incredibly discreet.

by Anonymousreply 48702/24/2013

LG - Sorry, just saw the other bit of your comment. I don't know anything about the actual house party but several of the tweets have mentioned Epsom and a couple which mentioned a house party have been Epsom/Surrey based.

R485 - I think there has been more than that, as early as January 2012 a guy who tweeted that Harry was gay and that his friend had seen him and Nick all over each other at Shoreditch House, which seems a big jump if they were just being touchy/feely. There have also been a few tweets about people who appear to have walked in on them unexpectedly as well.

by Anonymousreply 48802/24/2013

I have no idea, R486, but I love the thought of a deal like that. The anniversary thought did cross my mind though, but about this time of year in general, not the party.

by Anonymousreply 48902/24/2013

R486, cute thought, but very tinhatty! But yeah, there were those pics of H leaving N's flat looking very tired on the 23rd of Feb. after hanging out with N the night before. And then there was that interview in October where fans figured out H's phone password was 2202...

by Anonymousreply 49002/24/2013

R488

I would still be sceptical I think, just from being in fandom I'm taken aback sometimes from the conclusions people will jump to. Anything up to full on kissing COULD still be explained away as mucking about and we don't know what the tweeter considers to be 'gay' behaviour or not. It's frustrating sometimes because I wish there was something unequivocal instead of tweets based (possibly) on rumours of rumours. After all, people claimed to see real evidence of Larry and I'm fairly certain that's total nonsense :/

by Anonymousreply 49102/24/2013

R485 - I do so that could be true but the rumour was on Digi Spy rather than a press one. And digi spy is a British and larger version of Datalounge covering a wider variety of media. (indeed the press didnt pay any attention really until Feb when he was spotted coming out of Nick flat the next morning in the same clothes (22/02) I believe according to the tumblr girls.

As for last weeks party being an anniversary I would imagine its unlikely. People normally dont start throwing 1 year anniversaries of the day they shagged/got together with all their friends.

Though this is Nick so anything is possible

by Anonymousreply 49202/24/2013

R487 yes I had the same thought about the Shoreditch tweets, but I'm not really suspicious that there haven't been any photos. There are oodles of closeted celebrities who we haven't seen photos of.

R488 I think you misunderstood me a bit, I've seen so many tweets that I doubt they are all just assumptions but I was just commenting about the BG because some people think they began their relationship back then and I was skeptical.

by Anonymousreply 49302/24/2013

Well according to the recent DM article H/N were spotted giggling like schoolgirls in a corner at the Sony afterparty and there are no photos of that,in most occassions it was a party and they were surrounded by friends and people who know them so i don't think they would just take out their phones and take photos.

by Anonymousreply 49402/24/2013

Why are people surprised there are no intimate photos? There is a huge number of closeted celebrities who clearly have partners and an active gay lifestyle but hide it and there is no actual proof.

by Anonymousreply 49502/24/2013

The digital spy blind was dec 11. Around the time H was pictured accompanying N at the private DJ gig. If it were pretty much proven that CF was a cover, I'd be more sold on this.

JJ, interesting about Natalie I.

Re the Jan 12 tweet about H&N at Shoreditch House. The guy that tweeted it is gay and I got the impression his friend who saw H&N also is. Despite the ambiguity of what he described, I assumed it was intimate enough for him to conclude H is gay?

by Anonymousreply 49602/24/2013

well ...Harry have/had 2202 as his iphone password (as some fans on tumblr found out) and it was on February 22 that we saw pictures of a very tired looking Harry leaving Nick's house early in the morning...ehm ehm ;)

by Anonymousreply 49702/24/2013

R494 R495

I was thinking more of how long it has supposedly been going on and what an open secret it appears to be (if all the tweets are to be believed).

by Anonymousreply 49802/24/2013

R498 oh okay I was latching more onto your comment about it being "unlikely to predict the future" which has been said quite a few times on here and I just think it's possible that the DS item is wrong but that H/N "got together" later. I think it's totally plausible that they were to touchy feely as friends and it developed into more and it confuses me when people don't consider that.

by Anonymousreply 49902/24/2013

R490

Oh, I know, but it's Oscar night so I'm using that as an excuse to wear something shiny ;).

It would strike me as pragmatic for them both to approach something between them in that way (given H's schedule and N's... lack of relationship history) and it kind of fits for me with something Harry said on Thursday's show about them not knowing last tour how long they'd be away when they left and Nick joking he'd been sat by the phone. I don't find it hard to tinhat a longer absence than expected being the reason they were so tight in August when H returned, or to wonder if recent events have been inspired in part by preparing to survive long stretches apart (and if I'm really going full tinhat it would fit with Nick's valentine's day emo and him whining about wanting a relationship - hamming it up, obviously, but he did seem actually kinda sad to me).

Someone pass me the Brasso....

by Anonymousreply 50002/24/2013

I agree with R499 i mean i don't think they jumped straight to bed and started a relationship,i get the feeling it started as a flirty friendship that developped into something more.

by Anonymousreply 50102/24/2013

I've missed this video...H and N leaving brit awards/after party and N letting H into the car before stepping in himself (:

by Anonymousreply 50202/24/2013

R500 I thought the exact same when Harry mentioned not knowing how long they would be away for. I think it must be harder definitely knowing how long you're going to be away from friends/family. Must make things easier having close friends outside the band such as Lou on the tour as well.

by Anonymousreply 50302/24/2013

If we are rehashing old proof there was also the Guardian article from November 2011 that explicitly stated Caroline was PR for Xfactor and One Direction.

I always assumed they were friends with benefits and then recently this summer the amount of rumors suggesting they're a couple increased.

by Anonymousreply 50402/24/2013

R499 - Yes, of course, all of that could be true, it's just it's unlikely that a gay man would label someone else gay just for being touchy/feely especially when he is also saying that Harry and Nick were all over each other. It does imply that at that point their friendship wasn't totally platonic, shall we say.

by Anonymousreply 50502/24/2013

I was just re-listening to Thursday's show and N just drops a casual mention while they're talking about the new 1D3D movie. They're talking about getting to see more of 1D backstage and N says: "the way you watch the Simpons with that monotone look on your face." It was just casually mentione in passing and he didn't even seem to think before speaking and I found it adorable that he knows just what kinda face H makes when he's watching TV.

by Anonymousreply 50602/24/2013

But in what context was 'all over each other'?

James Corden and NG were all over each other for a few seconds at the Brits.

It's all about perception.

by Anonymousreply 50702/24/2013

R502 thank you for the video, although I was alarmed by not only the flashes but also the fangirls screaming. Nick and Harry both seem to handle it very well, and was cute to see Nick shielding Harry a bit at the end.

by Anonymousreply 50802/24/2013

Mimi - Perhaps you should also see the tumblr post which refers to Nick's Simpsons viewing habits too.....

by Anonymousreply 50902/24/2013

R503

Or easier because at least you can plan? My bf is away a lot for work, sometimes for long stretches, and it's definitely worse when we think we're going to see each other and then can't for whatever reason than when we know it's going to be quite a number of weeks. Agreed its definitly good when you both have friends with you who won't hold a quiet sulk against you, though.

by Anonymousreply 51002/24/2013

I love the idea of Nick watching Harry watch the Simpsons, it's sweet. In addition to that magazine clipping where he talks about watching the Simpsons every night in bed...the whole thing is adorable, Mimi.

by Anonymousreply 51102/24/2013

R507 I understand what point you're trying to make and it's a valid one, but James Cordens and Nicks antics were televised on the biggest music award show in the country while H/N's was in a discrete private members club.

by Anonymousreply 51202/24/2013

Anyone interested in the Digital Spy Blind (least subtle blind Ive ever seen lol)

Post 342 on the link below.

R507 I agree completely, close mates, hamming it up, showbusiness and being show offs can all create something that isnt there.

For me it's the combination of sightings, rumours, key holidays and celebrations together, self references to each other etc that leads me to believe its a relationship.

But there is still something fishy about the dates. Something really fishy about the timeline between Aug 11 and Oct 11 that I cant quite put my finger on

by Anonymousreply 51302/24/2013

Yeah "all over each other" doesn't really imply the same as a peck to me, and also implies that it was continued behaviour throughout the dinner, not just one instance of affectionate behaviour that could be misinterpreted

by Anonymousreply 51402/24/2013

R5512 But could have been for an audience of friends, N loves to 'hold court' and have everyone's attention, would fit in with that, especially if drunk.

by Anonymousreply 51502/24/2013

Re: lack of photographic proof. I've never been to Shoreditch House but a couple of members clubs I've been to have a strict no phones policy - if you're seen taking a pic, you're ejected and the person who vouched for you/signed you in has their membership suspended.

N and H seem to favour members clubs. Perhaps that's not a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 51602/24/2013

That's even better then ;) Thanks C! Somehow I missed that one, haven't really been online much this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 51702/24/2013

Sightly irrelevant but i was just listening to BBC 1Xtra and they were sharing coming out stories and Jaymi from Union J shared his too and talked about how important it is for someone in the pop industry,especially in a boyband,to be out and proud and give the right example to young fans.

It just made me wonder how things would be if H joined TXF while older and already out,maybe in a relationship,like Jaymi.It's always lovely to see young people coming out and being proud.

by Anonymousreply 51802/24/2013

What do you mean fishy JJ?

by Anonymousreply 51902/24/2013

Sorry all, forgot to add: if anything inside a members club like Soho House or Groucho is ever tweeted, posted or pics are taken of another guest and they can follow it back to a member or members guest then that member is out the door instantly.

Thats why they are private members clubs, so members can relax in the knowledge nothing gets out.

Its taken quite seriously I believe

by Anonymousreply 52002/24/2013

JJ, would love to hear your thoughts on what you find fishy between those dates, and was that not the lead up to the beginning of Taylor Swift rumours?

by Anonymousreply 52102/24/2013

That DS blind was what led me to start the first Harry Styles & Nick Grimshaw thread here on DL, btw. I certainly wasn't expecting it to spawn 20 follow-up threads eventually, haha.

by Anonymousreply 52202/24/2013

You were a visionary without knowing it, R522, haha!

by Anonymousreply 52302/24/2013

Think Nick is at the Kanye show tonight, just tweeted a Kanye lyric and he's playing Hammersmith!

by Anonymousreply 52402/24/2013

R519 - I wish I could put my finger on it.

NG and his mates (including Gels and CF) have been loving HS since he was 16 and on X factor. Gels tweets about seeing him at Sony and thinking him too short. CF tweeted about him way back. NG met him backstage.It's clear I think they had a soft spot for him.

Then

In Sept 11 HS is getting his mate to tweet CF to go out with him, around them same time NG meets 1D at James Cordens hosted table at GQ thing. CF and HS are suddenly dating, NG and HS are jumper shopping by October....

It all just feels messy really, just wish I could tell you why I think that....

by Anonymousreply 52502/24/2013

R518

I have that on my listen to list :D. Think Jaymi is a very cool lad - IIRC there were some attempts to link him with girls before the tabloid article where he came out. Props to him and the other guys for the way they've played it. I really hope they have a commercial future to prove to everyone that having an out member doesn't necessarily mean the teen girls/target audience won't want to listen to them.

I see #proudofjaymi is trending. D'awww.

by Anonymousreply 52602/24/2013

R522 - A quick thank you then, as these threads have provided me with much amusement, and to a certain extent unexpected camaraderie.

JJ - yes, it is a little odd, but I wonder if the initial meeting in August 11 was just more of a "hello" and so the dinner was the first time they actually chatted.

by Anonymousreply 52702/24/2013

R522 - and there isn't a day we dont love you for it :)

by Anonymousreply 52802/24/2013

JJ, what strikes you as fishy about that time frame?

The source for the DS blind was a colleague of NG who lived with the poster's colleague's flatmate. These early rumours started before their friendship was well documented increasing the chances that they weren't based on assumptions.

The one thing I doubt is that these rumours circulated for months whilst H&N were simply friends only to become real later on? Possible but highly unlikely. Either something was happening then of it wasn't and still isn't. That's my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 52902/24/2013

R526 i really hope so too,the twitter trend is very cute!

JJ i always had the impression that they haven't properly met since that dinner,they might have seen each other backstage and had a quick introduction but clearly their friendship started after that dinner.I remember Nick talking about the dinner and saying how he met 1D "last night" and i think on another occassion on the radio said they briefly met once backstage at TXF,before the dinner.

by Anonymousreply 53002/24/2013

LG, it's possible something was going on then but that doesn't mean it couldn't have stopped for a while just to pick up again later on. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

by Anonymousreply 53102/24/2013

How long after the dinner did they go shopping together? I always got the impression that Nick was the one who initiated friendships but Harry was the one that text Nick about going shopping, they must have instantly hit it off at the dinner. Then again, Nick pretty much gets on with everyone he meets, kind of envious at that quality of his.

by Anonymousreply 53202/24/2013

JJ, did CF tweet about H before the tweet about him being cute on The Alan Carr show? I would have thought the preteens would have found that and retweeted it by now?

by Anonymousreply 53302/24/2013

LG - Totally agree with you.

My confusion is that for HS to either persue CF at the same time or to have the forsight to do so on twitter seems bizarre. Which I guess means nothing was is going on. Or HS and NG got together very very quickly, or even earlier.

But even typing that now seems ridiculous given the amount of time they spend together.

I think I might need to go and spend some time on something more relvelant to my life and cerebral as I have just re-read my lost 4 posts and in the words of N - Gaaaaaaahh.

by Anonymousreply 53402/24/2013

But that's sort of always been LG's tune, Mimi. No room for overlap- it's one way or the other. Either NG and HS have been together the entire time and CF and TS were beards or HS and CF were the real deal and NG and HS are just friends.

After all, it's completely impossible to think that N and C could have both been interested in or hell, even both sleeping with H at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 53502/24/2013

There was this tweet:

by Anonymousreply 53602/24/2013

R536 That was after the shopping trip wasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 53702/24/2013

I think it's entirely possible that if real, H&N could have stopped and started. I just don't believe that completely false (but quite specific) rumours circulated for months only to become true later down the line. Given the nature of the rumours, it seems too unlikely.

JJ, re the tweets between CF and HS and the timings. It has been suggested by Links and others that H&C was organised PR to put them both on the map and not, initially, to cover up anything regarding H&N.

As for your last point. I second that.

by Anonymousreply 53802/24/2013

Yeas, R537, after Nick being mistaken for Harry's dad...haha, that is still ridiculous to me.

by Anonymousreply 53902/24/2013

JJ - Couldn't they actually be unrelated.

Caroline could have been bought in as a "girlfriend" for Harry in the late summer when it became obvious that he wasn't going to be dating girls, and they wanted, for financial reasons one presumes, for him to appear straight.

In the meantime Harry meets Nick, hits it off, and their "relationship" develops in a normal manner, only handily covered by Harry having Caroline as his "girlfriend".

R536 - Without being crude, I have wondered which "D" Harry meant exactly, because strictly you could take that one of two ways.

by Anonymousreply 54002/24/2013

I don't think it's unlikely for there to be false rumors before they came true. I know a lot of people who started off as friends who everyone thought were dating only to have them end up dating.

The Guardian article states pretty blatantly that Caroline was meant as PR for the both of them. There was obviously little need for a sexuality cover up at that time. But it's also pretty obvious that Nick and Harry were spending more time with each other than Harry was with Caroline.

by Anonymousreply 54102/24/2013

c interesting thought about the tweet! Never thought of that!

by Anonymousreply 54202/24/2013

I think it would have made sense for Caroline and Harry to have been a PR arrangement and then Nick and Harry to have gotten close during that time.

by Anonymousreply 54302/24/2013

Thanks LG. I had forgetten the old adage itd doesnt need to be bearding to be good PR!

Am I the only one who missed this? Not really related to Nick except Brands was on his show recently.

God love Russell

by Anonymousreply 54402/24/2013

What I don't get is that the interviews with 1D and CF seem genuinely awkward like something was going on, and the boys constant teasing too.

by Anonymousreply 54502/24/2013

Harry rang in to Nick's show between the GQ dinner meeting and the jumper shopping.

by Anonymousreply 54602/24/2013

I always thought that Harry/Caroline happened because she needed to get her name out there and promote the Xtra Factor and because Harry had to establish his womanizer image which,by the way,has been building up since his early TXF days with "sources" claiming he was making out with dancers and fans and his bandmates always making cheeky comments about how much girls liked him.

by Anonymousreply 54702/24/2013

Yeah, I didn't think of that either, C, haha. It's quite possible that's what was meant.

by Anonymousreply 54802/24/2013

R545 But the way they teased him and the way Harry acted is also remarkably similar to the way they teased him about Taylor. Except that Harry seems to genuinely be friends with Caroline.

by Anonymousreply 54902/24/2013

Thanks all. I feel relieved and needed to be reminded about the old PR as standard

c. - well - Id be lying if I hadnt thought the very same thing about that tweet.

by Anonymousreply 55002/24/2013

Well, the awkwardness could be from just not knowing how to act given what the PR was and what the reality was and the guys seem to tease each other about everything, even things that are clearly untrue.

by Anonymousreply 55102/24/2013

In full knowledge of my massive tinhat:

A few days after Harry went antiques shopping for his house he gave one of his more extravagant purchases away as a present to Tom. I was thinking how strange (yet sweet) that was. I could hardly imagine him looking at a massive pair of horns and thinking 'hmmm my friend would like those', but I could imagine him bringing those massive horns home and someone telling him that they didn't like them, causing him to give them away to a friend :)

by Anonymousreply 55202/24/2013

Hahahaha, R552, that did not take long to end up as a present...I can't imagine it having been intended as such since Tom was surprised himself.

by Anonymousreply 55302/24/2013

R552 R553 it was tom's brithday though

by Anonymousreply 55402/24/2013

r554 ah I didn't realise that, nice thought though :)

by Anonymousreply 55502/24/2013

Oh, it was? I didn't know that. It still is an odd gift, but I guess Harry is random like that, haha :).

by Anonymousreply 55602/24/2013

Ah - I remember what bothered me. If it was a coincidence what idiot of a PR person thought a 31 year old woman would be a good bit of PR for 1D.Was it just to get all the TEsco Mums to by the CD? Surely only she could gain?

by Anonymousreply 55702/24/2013

JJ - Maybe the same idiot that thought a relationship with Taylor Swift would be believable......

by Anonymousreply 55802/24/2013

JJ, I'm doubting this is either a) really you and b) that you've read this thread at all...we've gone over all of this in detail

by Anonymousreply 55902/24/2013

c - fair point, well made.

by Anonymousreply 56002/24/2013

Slightly off topic - but how fast has that Harry/Millie story developed? Wow. It's gone from a friend of Jaime Winstone to Harry planning imminent dates with her and descriptions of her as his 'new girlfriend'.

by Anonymousreply 56102/24/2013

R557 - I suggest you re read the Guardian article. They were still very connected to Xfactor so they benefited from Xfactor getting publicity plus Harry dating an actress or singer his own age would have hardly made much of a splash in the papers at the time unless he could have hooked up with a big name like Taylor Swift who wouldn't have bothered with Harry in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 56202/24/2013

R557

JJ - in work in PR and sometimes it's a case of going with what will cause the biggest stir. Teenage popstar male cops off with teenage female fan is not exactly newsworthy - teenage popstar bags older woman is.

I'm not saying that's what happened (their flirting always looked genuine to me) but from a PR perspective, Harry and Caroline hits a couple of definite PRables from both their POVs, including making her look desirable to lads mags etc which (awful to say this but..) may ordinarily have considered her a bit old for their demographic.

by Anonymousreply 56302/24/2013

JJ, real or not, C&H were publicised week after week on the Xtra Factor. They could have easily hidden it but clearly, someone at Syco saw some benefit to it.

by Anonymousreply 56402/24/2013

R561 Millie is gonna be the new Cara i'm telling you!

by Anonymousreply 56502/24/2013

Nick's been at Kanye's concert.

by Anonymousreply 56602/24/2013

R559 - It is me but I think I may have joined DL at the point all the CF stuff was discussed so apologies for re-hashing of old info.

Thanks all others for various points

The only reason I was revisitng it was because something to me has always been fishy about the co-inceidental timings as they seemed really messy (and always have done)and I was wondering if maybe N and H had history priot to Sept 11 but c. and others have pointed out a number of possible and very plausible explanations

by Anonymousreply 56702/24/2013

R565

Who is this Millie? I swear I recall Nick mentioning someone with that name who he thought had a beautiful face... but I can't recall when to look it up. Anyone back me up on this?!

by Anonymousreply 56802/24/2013

I think that Millie may have been Prof. Green's girlfriend and a Call or Delete segment, R568. I can't remember him saying that, but it's the only one I remember him talking about.

by Anonymousreply 56902/24/2013

R568 you're thinking of examples girlfriend I believe (if what you heard was recent)

by Anonymousreply 57002/24/2013

It's not Green's girlfriend R569,i have no idea where she came from but apparently is Jamie's friend and an aspiring model.

by Anonymousreply 57102/24/2013

Oh, I know that's not the one they're trying to link to Harry, R571, I meant the one Nick mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 57202/24/2013

Ah, perhaps I'm confusing talk of Example's gf with Prof Green's gf's name and this model Millie is neither of them.

Thanks - it was really bugging me :).

by Anonymousreply 57302/24/2013

JJ, apologies then, I agree there are holes because no one was all that interested (or suspicious) enough to document the events at the time.

by Anonymousreply 57402/24/2013

Green's gf is Millie Mackintosh; the model is Millie Brady.

by Anonymousreply 57502/24/2013

R559 R574 - No worries, I'd probably have been utterly destroyed for rehashing like that on any of the other threads on DL!

by Anonymousreply 57602/24/2013

Example's gf is Erin McNaught, the one whose face G was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 57702/24/2013

Any thoughts on Harry's latest tattoo? It's three nails apparently:

by Anonymousreply 57802/24/2013

Can Harry maybe stop looking at Louis like a thirsty animal who wants to rip his clothes off and fuck him right there in the arena? Jeez.

If he is in a relationship with Grimshaw, it must be a very open one.

by Anonymousreply 57902/24/2013

R578 - The Crucifixion of Christ? Oddly after the earlier conversation, it would take us back to Catholicism.

by Anonymousreply 58002/24/2013

Yeah, I thought it was somewhat appropriate to that conversation, C.

by Anonymousreply 58102/24/2013

Harry's cousin tweeted Nick:

by Anonymousreply 58202/24/2013

his cousin is definitely gay

by Anonymousreply 58302/24/2013

R580

Saint Sebastian, more likely ;)

by Anonymousreply 58402/24/2013

R582 so lovely that Nick apparently met some of H's family members :)

by Anonymousreply 58502/24/2013

Yeah, R585, it's sweet :).

So, any chance Harry and Nick are watching the Oscars together, haha?

by Anonymousreply 58602/24/2013

I think the one direction boys have mentioned getting matching nail tattoos before, could be an inside joke or tradition or something?

by Anonymousreply 58702/24/2013

Yeah, the ones Harry and Zayn gave each other first and then Louis and Liam joined. Apparently these were only tiny and not shaped like actual nails...it still could be linked though, I guess, PJ.

by Anonymousreply 58802/24/2013

I believe the 1D boys got screws on their feet so they look like little crosses because it's the top of a screw.

by Anonymousreply 58902/24/2013

His cousin also tweeted Sara Cox! Adorable :)

by Anonymousreply 59002/24/2013

That is very cute, R590. He seems sweet...polite like Harry.

by Anonymousreply 59102/24/2013

Here's Part 9 aka Part 8b since we're moving so quickly:

by Anonymousreply 59202/24/2013

Boy George tweeted about a gay band member again and being an authority on gays in bands:

by Anonymousreply 59302/24/2013

Whoah, just checked out the boy george stuff and noticed he also tweeted Aimee yesterday "Ask your m8 Harry Styles to call off the pop hounds! I might end up having too much fun! x"

So he definitely knows Aimee, if there was any doubt. The fact that he seems to be insisting there is indeed "one" gay one in 1D, who just hasn't come out, etc, and isn't just saying there probably is or going with the stereotype etc, does make he's definitely talking about Harry, with the connections he has.

by Anonymousreply 59402/24/2013

Yeah R594 he seems absolutely certain about what he's saying,that there is one gay member in 1D that won't come out.It doesn't sound like he's going with the typical stereotype "there's always a gay one so they must have one too".

He definitely does it for attention but given his history in outing people and how he was right in the past i believe there's a high chance he's right now too.

by Anonymousreply 59502/24/2013

Yeah, he really does seem to know what he's talking about, maybe even more so in this case.

by Anonymousreply 59602/24/2013

Wondering if he'll out Harry by name or something?!

by Anonymousreply 59702/24/2013

Boy George does have a history of outing people..I think in his autobiography he outed Gavin Rossdale having a gay relationship with marlyn and nobody believe him but years later it was confirmed by Gavin and Marlyn...

And this is what Boy George had to say about Hugh JAckman: "Hugh Jackman is so gay. I saw him at a benefit the night before the Tony's and I saw him holding hands and kissing his lover ! The nerve to go onstage during the awards to say he's not!"

by Anonymousreply 59802/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.