Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My Brother's New Girlfriend is a Bitch

I met her for the first time last night.

Her name is actually Cheryl. She was even wearing a gold ID necklace with the letters of her name hanging separately, all in capitals.

She and my brother met a couple of months ago at a club. They seem to be getting serious about each other. We chatted and she seemed nice.

Anyway,when my brother left the room to get some beers for all of us, she said to me, "When your brother told me that you were gay, I was expecting you to be queeny, but I'm so glad that you're not. I hate gays who flaunt themselves." I held my tongue for my brother's sake.

Before she and my brother left, she invited me to a party that she's having next weekend for her mom's birthday. She said, "Good to know that I won't have to worry about you."

I love my brother, but she's gonna be a handful.

by Anonymousreply 1302/22/2013

Do not even think about accepting the party invite, OP. Let her know that you find her POV unacceptable right from the start.

It doesn't get easier with someone like that.

by Anonymousreply 102/22/2013

Sweetie, your date for that party should be Sharon Needles and your hostess gift should be a box of Summer's Eve.

by Anonymousreply 202/22/2013

Possibly, OP. On the other hand, she could end up developing a more nuanced understanding of gay people through you. She obviously has some silly stereotypical notions as a result, perhaps, of not knowning any other gays.

by Anonymousreply 302/22/2013

there was a time I'd have agreed with R1, but now I agree with R2.

by Anonymousreply 402/22/2013

She seems ignorant, close minded and way too obsessed with other people's personal business. I cannot stand to be around these types of people. They don't talk subjects, they just talk about others!

You need to ask her straight out, "What the hell does MY life have to do with YOU?"

I have an aunt like this, she still hasn't come to terms with her son being gay, she basically spends most of her conversations with her siblings talking about other people, their money situations, their houses, where they go on vacations and, well, everything.

My mom has already told this aunt to she needs a hobby or to volunteer, because talking about others gets one nowhere!

Why not give this rude woman a taste of her own medicine? Reverse the conversation to what you think about her!

by Anonymousreply 502/22/2013

I know, R1, but my brother is my only sibling and we've always been really close. I really do not want to alienate him.

by Anonymousreply 602/22/2013

The last time someone made a comment to me I came back with "Your father said the same thing after he swallowed my load." Never heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 702/22/2013

As my mother says...if you act like a doormat don't get mad when people walk all over you. Grow a pair and tell this bigoted bitch you're not interested in her kind of friendship, OP. It will NOT get better if you enable her simple minded bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 802/22/2013

Lol, r7, I must remember this!

by Anonymousreply 902/22/2013

You realize, op, that your brother hasn't spoken very highly of you to his gf. Where else would she cop such an attitude? He's a doormat maybe?

by Anonymousreply 1002/22/2013

-10/10

by Anonymousreply 1102/22/2013

You certainly not going to that party are you? Simply ignore her until she speaks to you and decline any invitation.

by Anonymousreply 1202/22/2013

I don't think so, R10. My brother probably just mentioned my being gay in passing. It's a real non-issue with us. He's really supportive.

Just the fact that the gf waited until he was out of the room makes me think that she never made those comments to my brother.

But yeah, she needs to be educated.

by Anonymousreply 1302/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.