Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Which family member was the first to realize you were gay?

My mom says she knew by the time I was in 4th grade. I had to tell my dad before I went away to college.

by Anonymousreply 1202/21/2013

Mom usually knows when you come out of the womb

by Anonymousreply 102/21/2013

I'm 47 but, nobody in my family knows I'm gay.

by Anonymousreply 202/21/2013

My older sister, when I started mooning over one of her boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 302/21/2013

Mom, but she died when I was 16

by Anonymousreply 402/21/2013

My cousin, when he woke up and saw his dick in my hand during a sleepover.

by Anonymousreply 502/21/2013

I had to tell everyone my parents and sister because they never figured it out. When my nephew was about 12 he put two and two together: I didn't have a girlfriend, I lived with a guy and would give him vague answers when he asked why I wasn't married. One day he just flat out asked my sister if I was gay and she told him. He was more pleased to learn his hunch was right than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 602/21/2013

My sister realized I was a lez first. My mother probably started suspecting at some point, but we have a don't ask don't tell agreement.

by Anonymousreply 702/21/2013

My brother. He asked me one night why I don't just say it, I'd be a lot happier.

by Anonymousreply 802/21/2013

Have no idea and never gave it any thought.

by Anonymousreply 902/21/2013

My dad I guess, he started worrying I was gay by the 6th grade, when I was quite e-fem. My mom said she saw no signs, but my macho dad did and he wasn't pleased, to say the least. Honestly I'm glad he died a few years later, shortly before I realized I was gay, because he was set to put me through hell about it.

by Anonymousreply 1002/21/2013

My Mom, but she pretended I wasn't to the end of her days.

by Anonymousreply 1102/21/2013

No one in my immediate family. I came out during college and had to tell each of them. Years later my 6 year old niece figured it out on her own, but I had a partner by then and wasn't hiding anything.

by Anonymousreply 1202/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!