Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mom upset at TSA's treatment of 3-year-old in wheelchair

A mother upset at the TSA's treatment of her daughter posted a video online of the 3-year-old in tears after agents asked to conduct additional screening on her wheelchair.

The Forck family was headed to Walt Disney World, waiting to board a flight from St. Louis to Orlando.

The mother said Transportation Security Administration agents brought her daughter, Lucy, who has spina bifida, to tears after pulling her aside and asking to pat her down and screen her wheelchair.

The mom said the final straw came when the agents refused to return the girl's stuffed animal.

The TSA has since apologized for what happened, and the girl's family did make it to Orlando for their vacation.

"TSA regrets inaccurate guidance was provided to this family during screening and offers its apology. We are committed to maintaining the security of the traveling public and strive to treat all passengers with dignity and respect. While no pat-down was performed, we will address specific concerns with our workforce."

Lucy's mother quickly got out her smartphone and started recording the ordeal, angering one TSA agent who told her she was not allowed to record what was happening.

by Anonymousreply 302/21/2013

Jesus OP, did you make this up? A frau taking her kid to Disneyland and bitching about stuff, what a shock. Give her a peanut allergy and we will be pissed all day. BTW, it doesn't offend me at all because i am terrified of flying and think everyone should be patted down multiple times. Just wait till a suicide bomber in a wheelchair kills some people and then we will see that it wasn't wrong.

by Anonymousreply 102/21/2013

TSA is evil. A bunch of illiterate thugs who get off on the power they have over people who are their betters. The kid's stuffed animal was stolen and is probably now in the hands of TSA offspring.

by Anonymousreply 202/21/2013

I agree with R2. Why aren't we insisting something be done about the current state of the TSA? How many stories like this do we have to read before we say enough already? A lot of them are bullies and as you said, get off on the "power" they have.

by Anonymousreply 302/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.